Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
A Divine Morning: The Tarot Clutch Hatching is Open! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:29 pm
Farensil whimpered as she was attended first by Goran, then picked up by another boy. She was all but oblivious to her arm's limp uselessness as she now had air beneath her, still clutching its shoulder with the other. "Gh... I'm fine, I'll be fine!" she gasped out, unsure she believed even herself. She couldn't see through her tears or feel her right hand, but she was sure she would live.

She managed to open her eyes enough to see a flash of green replace the figure she was sure had been Goran. It didn't keep moving forward after that, so either it wasn't the fool or somedragonet had hatched. Shards, but her shoulder hurt! Farensil wasn't keeping track of voices right now, but she didn't hear a scream, so she was really hoping that was an impression.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:30 pm
Karone had managed to get to his feet and moved to a position further away from the Fool. He stood by and listened to the brown’s siren call, and the Empress’s hysterical response. He seriously considered approaching the Devil, hoping to somehow diffuse the situation – that is, until the Emperor attacked the brown. The clash was horrible; two dragons fighting! But it was not unforeseen. He remembered his conversation with the striped egg. It was the Emperor’s time to get back at the one who had wronged him. Silently, he cheered the Emperor on, yet sent him thoughts of rising above the violence, of being merciful once he had obtained victory. He hoped fervently that no dragonet would be killed, or would flee Between without finding its other half.

--------

As things began to get dicey between the Empress and Devil, Lenix remained where he thought it was safe. He’d been wrong in his assumption, proved so by a sudden wingtalon slice across his thighs. The Emperor barreled past him in his charge on the Devil. He stumbled back, cupping his palms across the red slashes. One cut was fairly shallow, but the second was bleeding quite a bit more. The hem of his robe was pretty much shredded, so he tore a strip a few inches wide from the bottom and knelt to tie it around the deeper wound. It would do for now. He looked up with gratitude when the shadow of the sheltering Tower fell over him and some other candidates. He was out of danger, for the moment.  

Teiha

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:31 pm
Before he could take a step in the direction of the group, he was thrown back into the Sands. He couldn't even get to his elbows before he felt something step on him and he let a noise that was more of a loud, sharp inhale. He was going to feel this till the morning. Maybe longer.

Rham couldn't even get on his elbows before something stepped on him and weighed him down. He let out a grunt as air rushed out and his eyes finally opened. He was met with a face full of dragon that was talking to only him now. She told him her name, and he tilted his head. Lemath.

“No I'm not hurt,” he managed to get out before those eyes started whirling with all those colors. He felt everything just slip into place, like everything he'd been missing was right here. His hands reached out to cup the side of Lemath's face and he had the biggest grin on his own.

Lots of adventures, eh? Rham could get behind that idea.

Good! The dragonet responded, reading his thoughts and then nudged him up after getting off of him. She nudged his chest and stomach. Come, R'am! I need some food. I'm so very hungry from running around all day! Come, come!  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:45 pm
The Devil fought hard against his brother. He bit, he clawed, he scratched, and he seemed to match the bronze pace for pace. That is, until something struck the brown, unheard by others. Instantly, the red-eyed brown turned his head and froze, hearing something that others did not.

It served that sharding brown right, he thought savagely. Trying to take all the attention for itself, not even trying to find its sharding partner! It upset the gold again, so there was little wonder the bronze had finally had enough.

His eyes went from red to pure white in terror, and his dark hide instantly started to take on a greyish hue. His wings dropped to his sides, and he allowed his bronze bother to bite, claw, and otherwise savage him. The bronze knocked him over, slicing his shoulder, and took a bite form his neck, but he didn't care.

What did that matter when his didn't love him? What did it matter when his thought so poorly of him?

MINE! MY GORAN! The cry went out to all in the Hatching sands, and behind it was a tone so despairing, so shocked, so horrified that it was hard not to be affected. Creeling with despair, the brown threw himself after Goran, running, stumbling, tripping, falling over himself to bridge the gap between him and his chosen. The Emperor followed closely, snapping at the others tail, wings spread, watching, waiting, but pausing just as the brown finally bridged the distance between himself and the larger man. The Devil ignored him. What were scars and cuts when his chosen despised him so? Do you really hate your Elzebuth so? The dragon threw himself at Goran's feet, allowing himself finally to submit to his most perfect chosen.

Had his games gone too far? He had only been playing. He had only been wanting of all the attention and power his sister and brother had. Was he so wretched a creature? Please, Goran mine, don't leave me all alone. His white eyes stared up at Goran, no rainbow this time -- only fear.

User Image

Masterharper
Vice Captain

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:51 pm
Goran felt his heart leap into his throat as the boy who had been helping him suddenly went down in a tangle of limbs, thanks to the green dragon. Was she attacking him? No.... those rainbow-colored eyes--Impression, then? Goran forced himself to look away, and gingerly lowered Farensil to the ground so they could better work on her.

Luckily, Dorianus was quick on the uptake, and Goran stepped back awkwardly to let him work. That was when he noticed Ichta's face, and her expression was enough to make his stomach drop. She was--upset? Had the bronze scared her? Her request made him hesitate before he reluctantly offered a nod. He'd--try. Shards.

Nadry looked like a mess as well, and Goran sucked in a slow breath. "Just stay calm. Just--"

The sound of the brown echoed in his brain again, and the big man stopped dead when he heard his name. The hatchling, the sharding troublemaker, the one he'd resented--was barreling towards him, heedless of the damage being inflicted on it as the bronze gave chase.

Goran felt his jaws go slack, and he wasn't even aware that he'd fallen to his knees until the heat of the sand burned them. He could feel the dragon's terror, the panic, the sorrow, and with shaking fingers, he reached out to touch the scratched hide. "No," He said thickly, and he didn't understand why his eyes felt as though they'd caught fire. "M'not gonna leave you. M'not."

Stifling a sob, he reached down to embrace that perfect brown head, folding over Elzebuth to stay close to him. His dragon. His.

demon_pachabel

Meepfur

BastetAmun

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:57 pm
He'd try and that's all that mattered. Ichta's shoulders relaxed, but only for a moment as the dark brown made it's way towards them. She recoiled briefly, until realization sunk in. The look the dragon passed up at the large man, and the way Goran's posture changed....Impression. There had never been a doubt in her mind that there was a dragon out there for him, but...Was it right of her to say the dragon was bad? It was barely born. Guilt sent her heart plummeting straight into her chest.

She was a bad person for judging the little one because of one bad interaction. The huddled over pair held her attention more than any other dragon out on the sands in that moment. No angry metallic was more important to her than the newly impressed pair right then.

It was hard to hold in tears between guilt and the sheer relief she felt on Goran's behalf and she reached out to place a hand gently against the man's back. "I told you. Congratulations."

Tsunake

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:58 pm
Reenav helped those he could who were injured and felt tears come to his eyes at the pure emotion emanating from the little brown on top of the rage from the bronze the uncertainty of the gold and the ensuing mass chaos. No on could call this a boring year nope.

He fidgeted watching the goings on. Goran seemed a sturdy lad he would suit he dark brown rather well...perhaps there had been a reason he had not touched the devil egg. He was impressed with the tower brown for protecting candidates an unexpected but welcome change of pace. He thought the bronze was stunning and he remembered his promise to be brave and stood more accessably to the dragonets that were hatching in a bit of a rush it seemed. He was glad the little green had impressed and had stopped monkeying about.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:02 pm

The little Gold's panic eased up somewhat when the Devil Impressed. Now that one thread had been abated, she could take her time in ensuring that her siblings found their matches. She gave an uncertain warble, watching the Emperor with whirling yellow-green eyes. Would he be all right, too? Or had he lost faith in his? She moved across the sands to nudge the Emperor's nose with her own, giving a soft creel.

As the queen moved, so did the Tower. The danger had lessened, slightly, although he had not let down his guard. These others were at risk, still. The Emperor had not yet Impressed. They-- he needed-- to be sure that those nearest the enraged Bronze would not fall under his teeth and claws. He spread his wings, artificially enlarging his presence. Perhaps he would be unable to prevent tragedy, but he was not ready to back down.

Fated Fable
Vice Captain

Profitable Prophet

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:06 pm
Luiciand relaxed muscles he didn't know had been tense as the brown impressed. There was one fear over with. More than one actually, as it hadn't be Caderyn that the brown impressed to. There was still some danger evidently as Tower was still shielding them from the bronze. He wanted to go tell Tower that it would be all right to go find his, but Luiciand didn't want to muck things up like he had at the touching either. He shifted a little uncertainly, sure that anyone watching would think it was the heat that made him do so.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:08 pm
Farensil pushed to sitting up in amongst the group providing their medic services, dragging one arm almost uselessly through the sand behind her as she reached up to press the bandaging down closer. "I'm not dizzy, I'll be fine." She wasn't going to tell anyone she couldn't feel her arm or about the blurred vision thing, as she looked over at the suddenly-pathetic brown devilling, barely able to tell that was him as her eyes blurred again and she blinked away tears. She'd have to get some numbweed later, for sure.

For now... This was still happening, and far more important.  

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:10 pm
The other boy, tall but not big like Goran, whose name she didn't know, she'd have to get later at a more appropriate time, asked if she was alright, and somehow that only made her feel worse. She wasn't hurt, nothing had happened to her because there were people protecting her, just-met friends willing to put themselves between her and danger, and what had she done but let them? Nadry was struck by the knowledge that there was nothing she could do for them, because she was just...her. Just a silly girl who didn't belong out here. "I'm fine," she assured the other Candidate in a voice unusually sharp for her, and shrugged away from the hand on her shoulder. If she weren't so caught up in watching everything, in worry for Goran and Ichta and everyone, she would have looked down in shame. "As long as everyone's fine, I'm fine. We'll all be-"

The Devil stopped fighting his bronze brother, and his voice rang out again, to all of them but for Goran. Nadry stared open-mouthed in shock at the Impression of the brown to the large young man. He..that...how? Prior to all the chaos, she had fully expected that the bronze from the striped egg would be his, but...though after what it had done, it was hard to imagine such a dragon bring his. It didn't deserve him. The Tower, perhaps, but...that brown? All she could do was blink, wide-eyed, and look on at him folded around his dragon.

And brush away tears.

BastetAmun

demon_pachabel

Tsunake

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:12 pm
The chaos on the sands terrified Ellain. She was afraid for the other Candidates, for the newly hatched dragonets... She wished she could do something to help but there was nothing she could do but let the events unfold on the sands. All siblings fought, didn't they? Ellain didn't have a sibling to compare.

Without anything else to help with, she started chopping up another piece of meat, making it ready to feed the hatchlings that would certainly need it after all this activity. Varionnith had already eaten her fill, and she was busy licking her front claws clean.

Ellainmine, do not fret so! Everything will turn out for the best, she tried to reassure her, eyes whirling blue and green. Do not worry about my brothers and sisters, I am here.

It's not just your brothers and sisters that I am worried about.

I know, she replied, letting out a little trill.  

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:31 pm
You will not? Elzebuth's eyes spun yellow now, and G'ran could still feel his fear, his regret. He did not want to lose his chosen, his strong, brave, clever, perfect G'ran. The man was almost overwhelmed by the endless love and support that pulsed from the baby, and his arms tightened protectively around the slightly wounded dragonet. "No." He said fiercely, unashamed of the tears spilling down his cheeks. "You... you... I jus ' didn't understand, I--"

The brown dragon butted his head against the big man's chest, his eyes now swirling a mix of azure and indigo even as his love continued to envelop and surround his rider. But now you do! You are mine, mine, mine.

"And you're mine." G'ran said fiercely, his heart threatening to break when he heard the croon of absolute adoration from the large brown.

He turned back to look at Ichta, Nadry, and Dorianus, his eyes still red from his tears. He looked dazed, but also... delighted. "He's not bad," He said apologetically, knowing he'd said exactly the opposite before the Hatching. "He just--He just thinks he knows better."

I do know better! Elzebuth insisted, and G'ran grunted with something that might have been amusement, forcing himself to stand. He could feel the brown's hunger, and he was determined to feed him. He hesitated briefly, his eyes roaming over their faces... "Good luck." He finally said, and he meant it.

He awkwardly wandered over to where the other newly Impressed Weyrlings were, too focused on grabbing a bucket of meat to introduce himself. Elzebuth had followed eagerly, and tried to poke his nose into the bucket to make certain that G'ran had gotten him the very best pieces. Carefully, he diced the meat up into small enough pieces that his bonded wouldn't choke, and fed them to the delighted brown.

Shards. How was he so perfect? He thought to himself, studying the brown dragon with something akin to rapture.

demon_pachabel

meepfur

BastetAmun

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:38 pm
As Goran - G'ran - left the sands with the brown, Ichta found herself staring longingly at the man's back with a content sigh and a smile. Certainly, this meant the reason she'd been left safe on the sands this far was gone, but she couldn't help but feel like it would be ok. It's OK what happens now because he has his, right? Her insides knotted up a bit and her heart pounded against her chest. It was a very pointed feeling and as soon as boy-and-brown were seated, Ichta looked away to Nadry and Dorianus again.

"And then we were three," she said with a smile, though an observant party could easily have called her out for the red that tinged her face again. She looked down to Farensil, then quickly corrected herself, "four. Then we were four." she corrected, moving to settle next to the woozy-woman with her bandaged shoulder.

Now there were...."Brown, Green, Blue, Bronze, and Gold...nearly one of each," Ichta noted quietly, eyes scanning the sands to make sure she hadn't skipped over anybody. Now go on. Go find yours, little ones. We're here. There's nothing to fear, no reason to worry.

Tsunake
Whoops, Ichta has a feel.

Meepfur

BastetAmun

Ruhane Chiisai

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:52 pm
Farensil hadn't been listtening to much beyond her own heartbeat in her ears, and turned to look at Ichta, blinking blankly. "Oh, yeah. Four." She murmured, proof positive she wasn't listening, at the very least. She dragged her eyes over the field and let them settle on her friend from before. "Hey, Rennati! That one seems a little shy! Go say hi!" she yelled, motioning towards the little star-green. "Be careful, though!"  
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games