Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
The Spooky Clutch Touching: Trick or Treat! Open! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:07 pm
Jagmund

With a mental nod to the Gargoyle egg, he pulled his hand away. He wondered if hatching and being part of the world would give it more to enjoy out there. The dragonet inside was certainly an intriguing one, already mature in a way that some of it's siblings seemed to lack. Jagmund would certainly keep his eye on this egg!

There seemed to be some kind of commotion on the sands once again. Suddenly, he was hit by a wave of pure rage from the Frankenstein's Monster Egg, and he shook with anger too. What... what was happening? He pulled away, growling with the effort to resist the egg's influence. Yikes, these dragons got angry so easily, what was their deal?

He found himself near the Wraith egg, so he reached out and touched it gently, mentally prepared to have yet another wave of anger hit him.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:33 pm
Rennati (HR)

To say she was startled by the Frankentsein's Monster egg would have been an understatement. She stumbled back and held her head from the mental push back the egg had given her. She suddenly felt herself getting angry and attributed it to the egg. Ren reminded herself that the eggs were under a lot of stress meeting so many people and tried to not hold it against any of them. She decided to just go move to the next egg, though inadvertantly skipping one. Rennati placed her hands gingerly on the Siren Egg. "Hello?..." Ren said a bit nervously.

Varnia (Western)

All these eggs were having so much fun! "Awooo." she whispered quietly back to the Hellhound egg with a smile before giving it a loving pat and moving on to the Angel Egg. "Hello, I hope you're okay. It seems your neighbor Frankenstein's Monster isn't having a good time, I hope you are though!"  

Nilah44

Invisible Regular

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:51 pm
Andranis

"It is my pleasure Norathoman," Aly'on replied standing to take the hand and shook it. "I'm Aly'on of Brown Ihiannsith. Please, sit with me,if you care to." He returned to his seat and nodded down at the sands. "A few are, those that cared to signed up."

Aly'on merely gave a slightly interested noise at the howl. "Someone is having fun it seems, it is rare for an egg to give that much of a fuss, but sometimes they do." He hoped everything was going well for Rylyrr. Certainly he would hear about it soon from his younger brother.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:03 pm
Yevalee (Western)

Yevalee sighed softly. “I hope I haven’t upset you, little one, but I’ll take myself awwoooo.” They flushed slightly at the bad pun but perhaps it would brighten up the little werewolf eggs mood. They glanced around, uncertain before deciding to greet the Wraith egg. It was rather lovely.

“Hello,” They said softly and set a hand on the swirling blue and white egg. “Aren’t you lovely.”

Rylyrr
(High Reaches)
Rylyrr settled on greeting the far off egg, separated from the clutch. He placed a palm on the brown egg heavily spotted Hunter Egg . He kept relaxed and just listened.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:36 pm
Ahhhhhhhh, the egg's enthusiasm was infectious! Alya found herself placing both palms on the smooth shell, entirely ready to give it the push it required! If the little dragonet inside was ready, then it was... The girl paused, her eyes practically glinting. If the dragon was ready, it should be able to help itself, shouldn't it?

"Ohh, not quite yet, you tricky thing!" She whispered affectionately to it. "I'm not about to get you cracked open and hurt! You'll have time to run about as you please soon, I promise!"

Feeling terribly amused with the whole situation, Alya gave the beautiful shell a loving pat before she pulled back. Her gaze lingered on the large Vampire Egg for a moment.... before she skirted around it to let her hand touch against the Mummy Egg. Farellen would be offered a cheeky grin before she directed her thoughts to the egg.

Hello!

Revel1984
For mention!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:37 pm
~Phayton~

The rage and hatred roiling off the yellow and pink egg hit Phayton square in the soul, sending him reeling. He turned on the girl who had talked about smacking the egg that was howling. "Don't EVER threaten to harm a dragonet!" he snarled. "EVER!" Tearing himself away from the Frankenstein egg, he clutched his head in his hands. Anger -- especially anger and hatred and rage like that -- was very not him. But you don't threaten its siblings! It had every reason to be upset!

Phayton shook his head to clear his mind. He could still feel the raging anger of the dragonet inside the egg even though he was no longer touching it, and the intense emotion was affecting everyone who was around it. I can't make it better, but I promise you, nothing will happen to your siblings. The young man wasn't sure if he got through or not, but he felt it would be better if he moved on to another egg.

Then he realized Jailla was gone. "Jailla?" He finally spotted her at the Siren egg, its rainbow-pink shell beckoning and calm. In a few strides he was over there, wrapping an arm around Jailla's shoulders. "I... don't know what's going on with this clutch," he murmured into her hair, "but trust me, they're not all like this. I promise."

With his free hand he gently touched the Siren egg. "See, this one is nice and calm."  

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

smolderingskies

Adorable Autobiographer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:44 pm
        Laelia grinned. She was getting rather positive responses from the eggs, and maybe she could speak with this one for a while? But she was also being called elsewhere, so many wheres at once. She hadn't really felt a presence like this at the other Touchings she'd attended - maybe it had something to do with the energy of Western, how it differed from that of High Reaches. She took her hand off the Hellhound's egg, then placed it back on. Maybe not quite yet.

"What do you like other than being touched?" she murmured. She thought a few images in its direction, things that made her happy, things that signified family: of her smithing, in the heat of the forge, the sound of metal on metal. Of her, happy, with her father. Of Sorcha, impressing at their very first hatching to a striking blue. "What sort of things do you hope you'll experience some day?"

----

Dharzol felt the repulsion come off the Angel's egg not in waves, but in a dark feeling that permeated his body. Wow, so this was not the egg for him. He removed his hand and felt the feeling ebb, and stumbled away a bit of ways away. He clutched his arms around his stomach, letting a feeling of nausea roll out of him. He was attempting to take deep breaths, calm himself. Were there any here that could feel a connection with him, that would not turn him away? Was he really that vile?

If he reset his thoughts, he could start anew. No thinking of his affairs: instead, only of his love. Only of his happiness. Only of the fondness for a Candidate who had once been killed by dragonets just like this, but not blaming them for it.

He found himself as far away from the Angel egg as he could get, and he was standing next to another cluster. The large blue egg, the Wraith, gave off a dreamy air, as though it were somewhere else. "Hello," he said to it, trying to send it vibes of positive energy, thinking only of the feeling that filled up his heart when he was looking at a lover, of holding hands and of smiles and stolen kisses. Forget the negatives, forget the guilt. He was happy with who he was. With where he was. "Are you doing alright, today?"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:55 pm
Honestly, this one overwhelmed her ever so. It was terribly confident with itself, wasn't it? Letting out a tiny whimper, the girl shook her head and made her way to the next egg. Over to Frankenstein's Monster, touching the shell and shivering. It had been effecting her, but she was sorry for what it was going through. She could only imagine how hard it was with all its siblings oh so upset...  

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:15 pm
Shahera retracted her hand while eyeing the egg. That was interesting if a little disturbing. So they could see even what one kept hidden…She would have to think on that later. With a small curtsy to the egg she left it alone to find people it did care for. But she would remember and be cautious around that dragonette.

Things seemed to be settling down a little over around the other eggs. There where there was an egg she was very interested in meeting was. Shahera considered for a few seconds if she should skirt around the candidates before deciding to weave her way through them like a dancer across the floor. Why, hello there, lovely one. She let her thought, hopefully, drift over to the Siren Egg as she placed her hand on its shell.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:04 pm
Haizea tittered, hiding her nerves at Goblin’s suggestion. “I know you’re excited. I’m excited too, but you have to wait just like we do. What would your mother think? Hang in there though and good luck!” Scooting away from the mischievous little Goblin and scanned the other eggs. The fury from Frankenstein Monster egg washed over her and drew a heated flush to her face, causing her to clench her jaw and breathe heavily through her nose. She took a moment to try to simmer down. She’d hate to give any of the dragonets a wrong impression, though didn’t they see to the heart of you anyway? Still, Haizea counted to ten slowly, inhaling and exhaling on each count until she was calm again. The purple swirled orange Angel egg was nearby. The colors were quite pretty together, couldn’t hurt to say hello. Closing the distance, she reached out a hand to trail her fingers across its shell. “Hello. Doing okay in there? I certainly hope so.”  

Avid_RPer18

Loyal Loiterer

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:15 pm
Jailla turned and briefly wrapped her arms around Phayton before nodding. "This one is nice," she agreed. She'd told the Egg about him; and it'd seemed amused. It'd be a good companion for someone, when it hatched!

"I'm going right here," she said, and went to the Gargoyle egg. She put a hand against it. "Hello, I'm Jailla," she said. She sent feelings of welcome and excitement at it--she couldn't wait until they hatched!  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:07 pm
Gavyrl's expression sobered at the very clear response from the egg and then he couldn't help but laugh, a rare show of amusement upon his face. Well, this one wasn't wrong, not remotely. There was a certain kind of logic in that mindset that Gavyrl couldn't help but agree with! Brain could not, indeed, be bought or made in a sevenday and, really, he had to respect that uncompromising nature. Why settle?

The alarm he'd felt rising eased as the familiar security blanket of logic was pulled in close and he sat a moment longer, curious if the egg had felt any of interest and if not... well, Gavryl wanted it to know that he respected its decision, whatever it happened to be. With a pat, he moved on to the next couple of eggs.

The Hunter Egg was next. He settled his hands on the shell and tilted his head as he found it distant, almost gruff. If it really didn't want company, he'd leave it be but he was all too familiar with the self-feeding cycle of craving company but not being sure on how to actually connect with people.

Moving on to the Djinn Egg, Gavryl only lingered for a few heartbeats at this egg, overwhelmed by the airy sense of amusement. It was so foreign to him he wasn't sure what to make of it... the amusement was, as far as he could tell, over nothing. Could the world really be that entertaining? Gavryl wasn't so sure.

When he approached the Demon Egg, it was hard to look at any of the other eggs with how bright and alluring it was. Curious, Gavryl laid his hands on the moderately sized egg, smoothing his palms over the surface as he let his mind open to the being within. Was it as assertive as the shell indicated?  

Waiver

Teiha

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:44 am
Silviu (HR)
To his surprise, the Gargoyle welcomed Silviu right on in. In his mind, he slipped through the entrance of the walled fortress and offered the baby dragon a shy smile and wave. My name is Silviu. Nice to meet you! There’s a lot going on out here. It seems another egg is upset now, the big yellow one nearby you. And—

He cut off his thought with a sharp gasp as Vimiath again rose, quite close to him. She paid him no mind and moved away, taking the Banshee egg with her. The boy sagged with relief, then gave the Gargoyle a cheerful pat. There we go! Your mother took the blue one away to comfort it. I hope it will feel better soon!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:50 am
smolderingskies

The Demon
The egg would almost laugh at Saimwen. Secrets, hmm? This egg suspects it knows more about Saimwen then the boy realizes. Mmm. Why settle for so little when you could have it all? Only your inhibitions hold you back. Perhaps the Demon might aid him into becoming great? Sacrifices would need to be made, though. What would this one sacrifice?

Mx Cherie

The Demon
The egg would smirk an let the other have another taste of its power. Well, if you think you are so great, than surely there is no need to linger around it. Be gone then, arrogant one, and find your own way without it.

SilverLutz

The Hunter
No. It must be strong. It would worry, but it would carry its worries alone. All would be well, and when the Hunter could, it would ensure safety and security for its clutchsibs, no matter the price. What did Vennodren want to protect? What did Vennodren fear or worry about most?

Ryala

The Hunter
How noble of the boy! The egg would give its approval at such a fine profession. To guard and to protect is the most noble of causes. But it can come at a steep price. Just how far would Ladellan go to save ones he loved? How far would Ladellan go to save a stranger?

magnadearel

The Ghoul
What? Who was this? The egg would give Rinis a long look, but as it was feeling placated by Amra, it would allow the other to touch. ONLY DON'T GET TOO CLOSE TO THE OTHER! The hunger that radiated from the Ghoul was sharp and stark and almost painful. Whoever was in the egg was hungry! Is there anything good out there to eat?

~Kiana_Nala~

Frankenstein's Monster
The anger around the egg was still burning hot when Kambri appeared. IT WANTED JUSTICE! IT WANTED REVENGE! HUGS COULD NOT SOLVE THIS!!....but....maybe... The white heat of rage almost seemed to flicker, but it didn't last for long... not with Roana lecturing it so.

Smerdle

The Wraith
Unlike the hot rage emitting from Frankeinstein's Monster, the Wraith was dreamy, and almost radiated a cool touch. It was like the first snowflake on a winter's night, delicate, fragile, and easily overlooked. What was going on? Hmm? Oh, no matter. And like that first snowflake, it would melt away and let the Candidate be.

ShinosBee

The Mummy
The egg would stare back at Dolmar and give a little sniff. Well la-ti-da, how gracious of you to finally approach. SNORT! It is not the egg that need be worthy of Dolmar, but whether Dolmar is worthy of this egg! Now remove yourself, and take your grub of a brother with you! Hmph!

The Hunter
The egg would give a small, angry jolt as Jacquol touched its shell, and turn to give the girl an indignant huff. It has no need for one like her. It has no time for ne'er do wells, and self-centered troublemakers! GOOD RIDDANCE, FIEND.

The Werewolf
The little egg was dejected. All its earlier good humor was gone, and the most it could offer Falienn was . . . no. It didn't even have the heart to do that. Nobody liked it, either. That much the little egg could understand, and it gave the smallest of nudges into the man's hand.

Sinders Path

Frankenstein's Monster
Any flicker of reason was immediately wiped away when Roana touched it. WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE!?!? IT WILL NOT PIPE DOWN! IT WILL NOT BE SILENT! YOU KNOW NOT WHAT YOU SPEAK AND THIS EGG WILL NOT FORGET!! The egg would lurch hard at Roana, as if the creature inside threw itself against its shell. In fact, the egg would lurch a second time, tilting dangerously forward. All this egg saw was rage.

Meepfur

The Demon
Like a warm hug, the aura and power of the Demon egg would wrap around the shoulders of the Candidate. My oh my, whatever did it have here? Now aren't you something to behold. What can the Demon do for you. . . and what can you do for the Demon? Dreams? Hopes? Desires? What do you wish above all else?

The Demon
The Demon would give a little ripple of pleasure at the story, and there would be a wicked laugh at the fate that befell the other girl. What a clever one Akaris was... The Demon would approve, and send warmth and encouragement through the other. Power could be in Akaris' future... how far would Akaris go to get it?

Hattaki

The Ghoul
The pleasure that radiate off the egg at each image only grew and grew. It was so nice. It all looked wonderful. Though the Ghoul did not wish for the other to go -- it would release her from its demands. But maybe they would come back and share some more later?

DaisyMilk

The Ghoul
Hunger would surround Esfir, cradling the girl. While it did not like to be crowded, it was in a fair better mood than it was before thanks to Amra's images of tasty goodness. What might Esfir offer the Ghoul? Was there deliciousness galore out there? Was there some favorite treat she would share with it?

Revel1984

The Hunter
The Hunter would turn to stare at Serfie. For a long moment, it would say nothing, judging the girl. It was no fool -- and it knew many a secret. There would be reproach in the egg, for it did not approve of secrets . . . but it would offer a touch of comfort. The small girl was in need of protection, and it had found the right egg. She could stay as long as she wished, for now.

The Mummy
Oh please. Move along. Move along -- the sooner your remove your hand, the sooner this Touching can be over. Hmph.

Tsunake

Frankenstein's Monster
YES! WRING THEIR NECKS!!! WRING HER NECK! The egg would encourage Iathe's rage, fanning the flames of wrath. The egg was truly unhappy, truly out for vengeance. It was angry at many and could do nothing in its egg. But maybe Iathe could help. Maybe Iathe WOULD help!

Thaliawen

The Mummy
How very painful to meet you. Move along, child. It has no interest in you and not the patience to fake it.

BastetAmun

The Wraith
The Wraith did not seem to care one way or another about Henwas. Like everyone else who approached, the egg would slowly reach out and let itself brush against the other, faint, as if from a faraway place. It doesn't really matter does it? And then it would drift off again, in its cool, detached sort of way.

The Demon
The egg would give the equivalent of a purr. How noble of Huarwar. The Demon could help with the power he seeks... What would Huarwar do to see his dreams come true? What lengths would he go to? Whisper them to the Demon -- the egg promises it won't tell.

Mewsings of An Angel

The Ghoul
BACK IT UP! BACK UP, BACK UP, BACK UP! The egg would shudder and bristle. DON'T LEAVE! JUST WAIT OKAY!? ONE AT A TIME!! BACK UP, BACK UP!!! Though there was force before its desires, there was also a moments worry mixed in with all the hunger radiating from it. DON'T BE LIKE THE BAD MAN WHO LEFT IT JUST WAIT!

demon_pachabel

Frankenstein's Monster
THEN DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE REST!!! If Lennik had gotten results with the Banshee, then it was now the others time to seek vengeance on the two Candidates who had upset and offended it so.

ChaosTheories

The Wraith
Ah, unlike some of its clutchsibs, this egg was surprisingly quiet... and a bit cold. The sensation of a gentle caress might tickle the back the Jagmund's neck, but the egg itself was calm, and distant. Hmm? Oh, hello, how is the-- and that would be about all Jagmund would get before the egg's presence drifted off.

Shaddaling

The Wraith
Yevalee would be met with cool sort of touch, like a few drops of rain on a sunny day. The egg would wrap around Yevalee like a shawl before drifting off once more. There wasn't much to do or say but the Wraith didn't seem to mind.

The Hunter
This egg would send a wave of approval through Rylyrr. Stay the course and be patient -- a Hunter must know when to make its move and not a moment sooner. This egg thinks great things could come of Rylyrr but only when the time is right. Stay strong.

Tsunake

The Mummy
Oh please, this egg has no time for you. Go, go, go, and good riddance!

smolderingskies

The Wraith
The egg would reach out to Dharzol with a feather touch. There was no judgment here, no care, nothing but a cool detachment. It did not mind who Dharzol was or what they did . . . but it didn't seem to mind much. As quickly as it arrived, the touch drifted off.

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

Frankenstein's Monster
The anger would envelop Isilje wholly. . . but there was an exhaustion mixed in it too. The hot coals of ire were starting to burn out, perhaps, but not soon enough to spare the girl.

Waiver

The Mummy
The egg would, perhaps, offer Gavryl one more moment of its precious time. A light touch back. Yes, of course its right, and the egg is glad someone here agrees. Maybe this one isn't as deficient and wanting as the rest.

The Demon
When Gavryl would touch its shell, the egg would have no problem reaching out to overwhelm the other with its interest. Why hello there. It isn't assertive -- but it is confident. What can the Demon do for Gavryl? And what does Gavryl wish of the Demon? What secrets does this one hold, and what desires does the man yearn for? Do tell.

Masterharper
Vice Captain

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:24 am
-----------------------------------------Dolmar-----------------------------------------

Stoic rebuffs and mannerly dismissal were not unfamiliar to Dolmar. Nor were ruder cuts, or disdain-filled shooing. He was trained to handle those with grace and poise, to be gracious against a scathing jab, ever the better man. And he was. He was the better man. His pride did not falter, because such dismissal only made Mummy look smaller to him. He knew he was worthy and more of any egg here. If Mummy was going to show its back, he’d be happy to let it wallow in its continued mediocrity.

...’Grub?!’

The faintest tic of a brow was the only outward sign of the young man’s sudden fury. How dare the egg?! Without preamble he pulled away, snatching Marinel by the arm and breaking both their contacts with that egg. ‘Grub of a brother’?! He strode away, utterly ignoring Mummy as if it no longer existed. He could bear the slings and arrows of others’ disregard, but Marinel was good and kind and not worthy of such slander. “Marinel. Which was it you liked? The ‘pretty’ one? This one?” He herded Marinel to Siren’s side, standing partially between his brother and the spurned Mummy egg. He had to reach around his twin to clap a hand to it’s side, but it was fine. A long deep breath through the nose and he could shut away his anger. It would be horridly rude to allow the crass behavior of one effect his approach to another. Forgive my disorderly conduct. You’ve a lovely shell. It really was quite nice up close, if a bit...inelegantly bright.

Thaliawen

-----------------------------------------Jacquol-----------------------------------------

Jacquol had turns of training her reflexes to react quickly—a rope could snap or any number of other things go wrong on the high seas—so her hand more or less launched from the side of hunter as it lanced out in reproach. Woah! Talk about rejection. It made the skin on the back of her neck privkle that it had called her out as well. Self-centered ne’er-do-well? Did her true colors shine through that strong? Yikes!

Any port in a storm, as the adage went, and she put hunter to her back quick enough. Mummy was next, similarly sized but nestled against the huge creamy egg. Hinestly she couldn’t see herself on a gold, so she focused instead on the ruddy egg. She really wasn’t so bad, she didn’t think. Life was meant to be enjoyed, and it wasn’t like she’d ever killed anyone...maybe Mummy would like her better.

-----------------------------------------Falienn-----------------------------------------

Falienn was halfway to shrugging off another rejection when he felt the little werewolf egg nudge at his hand. It felt...sad. Dejected. Falienn just got angry when he got upset, or brushed it off with witty scathingness, burying the hurt in hedonistic pleasure until he felt either numb or forgot his upset. He was rarely if ever sad. What to do for a sad egg? His thumb brushed over the crescent moon again, trying to think reassuring thoughts. It’s all right, little guy. You can’t please everyone. Falienn didn’t mind werewolf at all though, so that was one for ‘likes’at least, right?

He slid to Hellhound after a moment, eyes roving over the bright shell. It was almost blinding, certainly eye catching. Was it glum too? Well, sad eggs were better than pissy eggs. Uhm. There there, egg? He was pretty sure it wouldn’t lack for attention at least, being so bright.  
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games