Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Kleoth's Hatching] Coveting Their Grace (Open!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:43 am

Teal Rosette Green watched as her sister not only left, but went out and sought out Hers! Well would you look at that? I suppose we can't be out done, can we, darling? She gave Egg Cracked Green an affectionate nuzzle before rising languidly herself.

Certainly, the green took her time about it, giving her wings a little stretch before she trotted off to peek among the Candidates and remaining eggs. There were all sorts of interesting individuals out there. Savindri had his legs rubbed against like a feline, and Kadosse was given a happy little boop in passing.

She did pause to give Yellow Swirl Egg a little encouraging and affectionate nuzzle. Wake up, sugar, you're missing all the fun! And all the stories.

Still, where was Hers?

Meepfur

demon_pachabel

- - - -

While the Dusty Rainbow Egg had been still, the approach of Teal and Blue Lightnning did seem to have an affect. The egg gave a few shudders, before a giant crack appeared right down the top, splitting it neatly in half. With a grand spread of its wings, the large dragnet inside pushed its shell off with little fuss and few fragments, revealing a very glittering, but very round, gold.

I suppose it is past time I appear. She confessed to her substantially smaller sister. Carefully, tenderly, she did lean down to nuzzle at the little one. What game most suits you, little one?

Mr Cheri

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:58 am
Well, I suppose we must, Cracked Egg Green said with a sigh as Bee Green headed off to search for Hers; at least there was a tiny bit of an upside in that watching her walk away wasn't a bad view. Once her sister had singled out Hers, she gave Teal Rosette a fond nuzzle and reluctantly heaved herself to her feet. We'll just have to reconvene over breakfast! So sooner rather than later, at least.

The pale green stretched from her head to her toes to the tips of her long wings, and after a lingering look at her white and gold sisters - that was also quite a nice view, thank you - set off to find a certain someone.

...umm. Excuse you? Without even the barest moment of hesitation, and with zero regard for the difference in size between them, she shoved herself bodily between Odellet and Dinosaur Spots. If the bronze wanted pets, he'd best be looking to Zaexillia now, thank you. Odellet was busy.

Cracked Green fixed the young woman with a critical look before craning her head out to sniff at her. First a brief sniff, then a longer sniff, then a wrinkled nose and a curled lip as she made the face of all faces. You need a bath, Odellet. You smell like my brother. Honestly, it was one thing if the bronzes wanted to adopt her as an extra sister, but Tuinunuth could have at least exercised some restraint in how he went about making it official. And look at the mess he made of you! Tch. Come along with your Sgailth, then, we've things to do.

User Image

Shaddaling

Uta

Zaikt

Sweet Symmetry

Meepfur
Crew

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:03 am
The nuzzle from Teal Rosette Green was enough to make Yellow Swirl rock even more intently. With a loud crack, the small egg split into messy pieces, leaving a green dragon sprawled out in the sands. She shook herself before sitting up slowly, blinking as she stared out at everyone. With a happy croon of greeting, she pushed herself up to her feet. Oh, she hadn't missed all the fun after all. There were still plenty of people.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:17 am
Mhinadi and Green Scandiacuth

Watching the blue wander off was, yes, a little disappointing because how could it not be? To have a second dragon come and acknowledge her and not just that, but to speak to her, and yet not choose her? It stung a little, but not enough to spoil the mood or break her heart. Nowhere near that.

As the brown striped blue headed off to look for His, she looked back at Oreune, still smiling. "He was so sweet," she said. "Wasn't he the sweetest? See?" Another, gentler than some squeeze of the hand. "We're gonna be just fine."

And then one of the cluster of greens got up and headed for them, and Mhinadi braced herself for another inspection and, perhaps, a passing by, but it was another chance to meet one of the dragonets, so she would take it.

And be taken, when the perfect green from the perfect egg stopped and said,
Mhinadi, darling... Don't tell me you'd be happy with some silly blue! You've got to dream big! Liiiiike... maybe of the dragon you thought was perfect, and then wound around her legs so affectionately. I'll tell you a little secret. I think you're perfect, too. You didn't mind waiting for your Scandiacuth, did you? I just had to stop and chat a little, first!

Tugging gently but without hesitation, Mhinadi pulled her hand away from Oreune's, tears srpinging too her eyes as she shook her head, a breath drawn in in honest surprise, and then awe, and then pure delight. "O-Of course I didn't mind waiting! Not for you, Scandiacuth. How ciould I mind -- no, never." A little laugh bubbled out of her and she sank to her knees, and resched for her dragon's neck, hugging her close. "I would have waited even kinger, but I'm glad I don't have to now."

It was odd, and wonderful, feeling like she was breathing twice. Almost having the sense that her head had an echo. Feeling her stomach crunch and growl because there hadn't been time for breakfast but also -- oh!

She blinked and leaned away, looking sderiously at Scandiacuth. "You need to eat," she announced, and then looked up at Oreune. "She needs to eat. I'm sorry, I have to --" She stood, not bothering to brush the sand from her knees. "This is Scandiacuth, Oreune. Can I -- you'll meet her later, okay? We have to go now. She needs to eat." She'd said that already. Right. "Be brave," Mhinadi told the other girl, her friend. "Be brave, and ... and maybe go stand with the others to be safe and -- and I'll see you soon!"

Because they needed to go and eat.

houllow
See you sooooon! heart

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:24 am

Can we play... hide and go seek? the little white asked, peering up at her much larger sister. The baby leaned up to nuzzle her, eyes whirling in greens and blues. This was much better, though it might be hard to play. We can find Ours instead, if you like, she suggested, just in case Dusky Rainbow gold wasn't on board. Teal and Blue Lightning was tired still, but having fun. It was nice to have a sister who wanted to play with her.

Uta

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:55 am
The Purple Spotted Dinosaur Bronze gave a short honk of frustration as the Cracked Egg Green pushes him aside in favor of Odellet. He's more than ready to start squaring up, swirls of red entering his eyes at the intrusion while he does his best to look appropriately stern. Hey, I was-- Oh.

Oh. That's why. Okay.

At least Zaexillia was still here. He's more than happy to take the initiative and press his snout into the palm of her hand, huffing a little despite himself--he'd been slighted so, and by one of his own siblings no less! He supposed it was for a good reason, though, and he guessed he couldn't fault Sgailth for wanting Hers, but--but--
Man. Zae was going to have to deal with a slightly put-out dragon currently worming his way further under her hand, sulking just a little as he did so. Her compliments helped ease the sting, and the flickers of red begin to fade more and more as the seconds tick by.

I'm cute! I do know that. As if to prove his point, Purple Spotted chirps, fixing Zaexillia with the full force of his puppy dog (or hatchling, as the case may be) stare. He's cute, right? I'm glad it's good to meet me, too. I've been waiting so long to see all of you, and I want to be worth the wait for you guys!

Shaddaling

Sweet Symmetry

Meanwhile, the Red Patterned Blue had places to be. It doesn't take him long to pick his first Candidate to inspect, marching right up to Natiri and Fyfy without a moment's hesitation--the pair can probably feel the intense scrutiny they've so suddenly been placed under, especially given the fact that the hatchling responsible made no attempts to hide it. He's already prepared himself for this little inspection, and he doesn't want to waste time beating around the bush, either; they all had things to do today, and he wasn't going to put off his agenda for too long if he could help it.

Let's have a look at you, then. His tail flicks behind him as he circles the two of them, eyes narrowed--there's still plenty of red in those hues, though. You're both...something. Been Candidates for long?

ShinosBee

Sweet Symmetry

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • That One Hero 500

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:00 am
Stop that, Pink Flower Blue chided his twin with a boop and a stomp of his foot. They're both very nice boys and - see? They'll be both of our friends! Do you really think I'd keep friends that couldn't love you too? His tone was not derisive, but rather uplifting and loving - he wasn't offended that she thought so little of him, but of their new friends?

It was fine, he'd give her all the patience and understanding she needed.

He reached out to boop both Tihrokat and Matotoka gently befor-

Hold up.

Pink Flower Blue's head suddenly whipped around, as if there was a slight disturbance he was feeling. Someone was about to tread on some thin ice.....

Meepfur

Tsunake

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:13 am
Natiri - he/him

The beelining blue that had come out of the shell as if on a mission (which Natiri supposed they all must be, to some degree) ended up closing on him and Fyfy in rapid succession. Quickly he assessed the determined blue's approach, giving his friend's wrist a gentle squeeze and preparing to step aside... but then stood still as the blue came to a stop, ruddy eyes whirling as he looked them over.

That was alright, things were probably a bit harder to reconcile out of the shell versus in it. He met the blue's gaze with patient curiosity, though he remained attentive to the red swirling in that stare. It rather felt like being sized up by the Candidatemaster after a particularly tough test. Hopefully he, they, would pass it. He turned his head to follow the blue's circling, though he kept his body mostly still... and still ready to move, if he was bid to step away. "Not long, no. Your clutch is our first," he noted, plain and honest with the dragonet. "It has been an honor to be here for it, of course."

He gently squeezed Fyfy's wrist again. "...Hasn't it been?"

Zaikt

Sweet Symmetry

ShinosBee

Nerd

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:21 am
Sablie (She/her)

Sablie was hoping for the best for all the babies, including the two whites. She noticed as one of the eggs that seemed so motionless before seemed to have some blur come bursting out of it. She got a good look at the new arrival, it seemed it was a blue. He didn't look very happy with them, but maybe something else was upsetting him, she mused. She watched him go right for the candidates, seemed he was a dragon on a mission for sure. It seemed some of the other dragons were still interacting with the other candidates, though she wasn't seeing anymore rainbows yet. She saw little lightning white get up from where she was with her mother and white sibling, before heading over to dusty rainbow. Hopefully the inhabitant of that egg would give her company. And just as she thought no rainbows, one of the green girl group had found her rider. So it seems they were getting to their riders, good good.

"Aww, look, the one little white looks like he found his rider. I do hope that helps him,"she said to Dascyana beside her. She felt relief wash over her, knowing the little white should be okay now. She saw yellow swirl starting to move some, did it know its siblings were mostly out? She noticed one of the gaggle of greens also was getting up and making her way through the candidates. Her eyes looked over to dusty rainbow just in time to see a golden hide come from the egg. She was beautiful, even if a bit round, and seemed like she cared for the little white girl. A smile came to her lips, the moment between the two siblings was adorable. She knew a gold was not her's, she imagined the gold had some elegant rider. And the white too, as gentle as she seemed to be. Yes, Guarath had told her plenty that she was more than she said she was, but she always told her it was just knowing who she was. Regardless, she hoped the girls would both find their amazing and graceful riders.

"Look, Dascyana, a gold. Think she might belong to you?"she asked the other. A courtesan, that made since in her mind for a gold rider. They knew how to be so well put together and her friend was amazing at that. She did hope whoever the gold and white riders were, they would get to be friends too, so the gold and white could play together more. Her eyes caught another of the greens finding their rider as well, seemed things were definitely going full steam ahead now. Oh and another green came out of yellow swirl, seemed teal rosette's little nuzzle helped. Also seemed red patterned blue was sizing up some candidates.

Good luck, everyone, you deserve it,she thought fondly for all the baby dragons and for all the future riders they would chose.

BastetAmun
Look at it all!

Zaikt
She knows Guarath, you told her before lol

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:38 am
He hated to interrupt, but it just couldn't be helped! Brother, sister. He greeted the Pink Flower Twins graciously, but his eyes were fixed on one person and one person alone. The small blue stood tall for a moment, gazing thoughtfully at Matotoka. It has been a long journey, and you have been badly used. He noted, and red tinged his eyes for the first time. Unforgiveable. The young man would feel the dragonet's disgust at how he had been treated, followed quickly by genuine love, acceptance, and trust.

You needn't worry about that any longer. Your Shahinath will forever be by your side now, and we will do our best together. And this dragon's best was very, very good. Rainbows swirled as he looked to his rider, his head held high with pride. My Matotoka, we will start anew with the wind at our backs.

User Image

demon_pachabel

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:44 am
There you are, lovely--show that pretty face to the world. Teal Roseete Green happily gave her beloved Yellow Swirl Green a little boop before looking back at the Candidates.

Sgailth had also found Hers, it seemed, so it seemed she was running a bit behind. Ah, all in her own time though.

Kleoth was given an adoring little creel, and if she ran up to ever so boldly nuzzle her mother, hopefully she wouldn't mind. A fine hello to you too, Mother-dearest. I've all sorts of stories to tell you and Papa. Now that she wasn't otherwise preoccupied, why shouldn't she want a bit of her mother's time?

Surely it wasn't reserved only for the whites!

But... time was a wasting, and she was getting awfully hungry. There was too much to do, and so little time. Though she looked fondly at Dusty Rainbow Gold and Teal and Lightning Striped White, the little green didn't wish to interrupt them.

I'll see you two at the tables then! She sent to the duo, eyes whirling a happy blue-green. It was genuinely nice to see her family come together...and not just for all the stories! Alas, someone out there needed her, and it was time to seek them out!

Tsunake

Dusty Rainbow Gold gave a long, stretch of her wings, even as she listened to her small white sister. Her eyes whirled a pleasant blue-green, and she considered the suggestion. If you insist. Go hide, and I will seek. Go on then, little one... I'll give you a head start. Settling down into the wallow, the gold tucked her head beneath her wing, and waited.

Alas, what her white sister didn't know was that she....didn't really want to move. Seeking sounded like effort, and she was quite comfortable in this warm wallow.

Mr Cheri

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:01 pm
Dascyana

Having the blue and green twins gently rest against her hand for a moment before they moved on warmed Dascyana's heart. Straightening back up so she was standing, she watched as the pair moved onto another group of candidates as she smiled softly. "I'm glad I could help that little green feel a bit better. Both of them are so very sweet, I hope her rider helps her gain a bit more confidence."

The flurry of action and impressions had it hard for Dascyana to keep track once again. She could feel a pang in her heart each time she saw a dragon impress just because it meant there was one last one out there that may have been for her. But as much as she felt that pang of longing for what those who impressed felt she didn't let it show on the outside and did her best to keep her thoughts happy and positive. It wasn't over until the last dragonet impressed after all.

As Sablie spoke of the gold, Dascyana turned her attention to look at the glittering hide that had just revealed herself. She seemed willing enough to play with her white sister, to have a fun game and at the same time didn't want to move either. Anyone could relate to that, how many people wanted to move so quickly after they had woken up in the morning after all. "I don't know if she is for me. It would be wonderful but I'd be happy with any of them, as long as they were mine. You feel the same as well, I'm sure." Dascyana had never had her heart set on a certain color dragon, at Western Weyr the color didn't matter anyways. She knew she would just be happy and love them no matter what.

Dea and #Teddy#

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:08 pm
Matotoka - He/Him

The twins were very engaging, in a detached sort of way - certainly, the green had given him at least some due notice, if only to make sure he didn't fall by the wayside of his new (ish) friend who was clearly the one the pair had come to see. But he did his best to remain polite and not get too close when the one seemed to become mildly tiffed about... something happening over yonder. He'd started following the older (by mere moments, really)'s gaze when-

It has been a long journey, and you have been badly used.

The words drew him down to look at the blue who had come to the two of them. No, to him - with a steeled and determined set to his gaze and determinedly straight in his posture. The only thing changing about his gaze was the red - disgust, distaste - Matotoka didn't even have a moment to worry that the feelings were for him. No, something else came sweeping on its heels.

Love, not for a dead woman who's son wore her face. Acceptance, not for a son who did as he was asked. Trust, not for someone who tied himself to the rules and would never stray.

For a man, and who he was.

Matotoka dropped to a knee before the blue, taking in the rainbows as they swirled into his eyes. You needn't worry about that any longer. Your Shahinath will forever be by your side now, and we will do our best together. My Matotoka, we will start anew with the wind at our backs.

"Shahinath." Matotoka repeated the name, and it tingled with awe over his lips. He'd come to Western Weyr with one purpose in mind, but to follow as his father had asked him to. Without questioning it, without his own will in any of it. But like lightning, Shahinath blazed through him and cut it all away. Every piece, every chain, every bar that entrapped him.

You do not belong to him. You belong to me. Shahinath informed him firmly, And if I must, I will cut all pieces of him from you. There would be none of this pussyfooting around his brother, trying to keep things peaceable while trying to figure out the best way about things. No, Matotoka was there for him and he would not accept second place - nor would the rest of Pern.

The absolute certainty of it cut a thick, tightly wound cord in the man's chest, dropping a weight that fell into nothing, obscurity, emptiness. There would be nothing to catch it now. Let it fall. Let it be gone.

Now, A'toka, he struck all parts of that man from His, leaving only what had been hers to remain, We join the others and show them how it is done.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:39 pm

A smile crossed Aneirin's lips for a moment, as he observed just how much Nemeryn wanted his approval... but how much he loved the hatchling. "Don't wait for me," he told him. "I'll be fine. Lailokenth needs you." He was more than certain that the brown was ravenous - from his understanding, all dragonets were, upon hatching. Certainly, the ones he'd met so far had been.

The Emperor Penguin brown had moved on. It was safe for now, and it was more than time for Nem to go seek out the feeding tables. He didn't dare hug him or kiss him goodbye, but instead he reached out and squeezed his hand. "I'll see you later," he promised him.

Tsunake

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:42 pm
One by one, her clutchmates had paired themselves off. The Teal Rosette Green wished she might get to touch noses or chit-chat with each of them--but more of them seemed to be heading to be headed to eat with Theirs than not.

Thankfully, this little green had plans. She couldn't rightfully meet up with her beloved family if she didn't have her own tale of Impression. The Impression of all Impressions, really, with the most perfect Candidate of them all.

She knew who Hers was, though it did take a little bit of time to find him among the crowd. Eyes whirling a bright blue-green, the dragonet wasted no time cuddling right on up to her new-found companion. This was the one--the one just for her. Don't you worry about a thing, AneirinMine--no matter what you feel, your Inzigeth needs you more.' She paused to consider Lailokenth and Nemeryn, before giving a small snort. Your boyfriend might have found himself a cute match, but I think we'll outshine them. Shall we then, love?

She didn't doubt for a moment that the fierce Courtesan would deny her. They were meant to be, now and forever. That the little green kept her tail curled around Hers, and would continue to do so throughout the night, was proof of that.

User Image

Mr Cheri

Tsunake
Cause I think the boys are still right there.

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff