Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply RP Retreat
* Harry Potter; Mauraders' Era; lunch (next muggle studies); Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

<3;
  <3;
View Results

un de plus pamplemousse

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:47 pm
Severus almost blinked in suprise at Lucius' clipped remark at him. Backtracking in his mind, he tried to figure out where he could have said or done something to irk Lucius like that. Possibly what I said about after Hogwarts, he mused. He hadn't really intended the remark to contain any veiled messages. He shrugged, letting it go.

He stepped off the carriage and walked towards Hogwarts, Lucius and crew already far ahead of him. He wasn't really that disappointed; he was a bit of a loner at heart, anyway, and had always been awkward when conversing with everyday, mundane people, so it didn't suprise him that he had said something somewhere to get on Lucius' nerves.

He paused, looking up at the castle. Home again, he thought, and then smirked to himself. Corny b*****d. He continued up the steps into the castle.

((Erm... equally pointless :'D))

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:51 pm
"Don't like magic much?"

Hestia tilted her head and shrugged her shoulders and little bit. "It's not exactly the /magic/ portion they aren't cool with," she said as she walked with him and looked up at Kingsley again. "It's more of a...never-saw-it-coming kind of thing. I used to be a top-knotch Muggle kid with big aspirations. I was going to go to America one day and go to Harvard and all of that jazz and be a lawyer. Then...my letter came. I think it kind of crushed them." She sighed a bit and shook her head a little. "What am I saying? Sorry for rambling so much. I think it jsut feels good to explain why I'm so stressed all of the time."  

Le Papillon Pleurant

850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Spiffeh Hats

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:58 pm
Although he was quite interested in what Hestia had to say, he found himself to be quite confused. When his mother, who had been Muggle-born, had passed away, Kingsley found himself without any sort of Muggle influences. His father kept them on the brink of Hogsmeade, and other than a toaster, Kingsley rarely made contact with Muggle-like objects or terms.

"Er... Harvard? Lawyer?" he repeated, looking down at her with a quizzical stare. "Erm... what are those, exactly? Is Harvard a city? Are lawyers like those Muggle Healers?"  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:18 pm
Hestia blinked and retained a soft laugh of amusement at his question. She shook her head at him a little bit. "No, no, no. Umm...Harvard University. A university is a Muggle school that students go to once they graduate to prepare themselves for jobs they want to choose," she explained, hopnig she clarified that bit a little better. "And lawyers are people you hire to argue cases for you in court."  

Le Papillon Pleurant

850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

comfylove
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:39 pm
Remus was glad to have something to talk about that could drive his awkward feelings and the flush in his cheeks away when he started thinking about Sirius too much. Hearing that he and James had already started planning a prank was not shocking. In fact, Remus was surprised that Sirius waited this long to bring anything up and that James hadn't said anything about it beforehand either.

When Sirius touched his thigh, he could feel chills going up his spine. Of course Sirius was asking him to be the brains in the operation, like he always was, 'cause while Sirius and James were brilliant at discovering new ways of mischief, they would be in detention every day instead of every other day if it hadn't been for him. "Sure, you can run it past me and I'll make sure that things will be clear for it to go. And, since I am Prefect, I can be of more assistance this year than I was before, even though Dumbledore, I'm sure, did not want me to use my position as Prefect to help you two with your trickery." But, of course he was going to do it. He'd never say no to a prank, and especially if they were asking him for help.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:51 am
"Sure, you can run it past me and I'll make sure that things will be clear for it to go. And, since I am Prefect, I can be of more assistance this year than I was before, even though Dumbledore, I'm sure, did not want me to use my position as Prefect to help you two with your trickery."

"Brilliant, mate!" James exclaimed, imagining all the wonderful possibilities that lay before them now that Remus could pull some strings. He clapped Remus on the shoulder. "You are amazing, man, you've gotta know that!" He sat back with closed eyes and a devious smile playing at his lips, rubbing his hands together as he connived. This was going to be a fantastic year....

He was jolted out of his fantasies, however, by the carriage coming to a halt. His eyes sprang open, and he looked at his mates with a gleam in his eye. "Here we are, you fiends! Get out before I go mad!" Laughing, he playfully shoved at Sirius, who was trapping him in. "Go on, go, you sod!"

un de plus pamplemousse

Freak Show Excess

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:31 pm
Sirius grinned at Remus. "That's great! I just can't wait until we have a little time to plot...!" He trailed off, joining James and rubbing his hands in a psuedo-evil henchman manner. He felt the carriage come to a halt, and sat up straight, grinning at his mates, a forocious gleam in his eyes. WE'RE HERE! He nearly exploded at the thought.

"Here we are, you fiends! Get out before I go mad! Go on, go, you sod!" He heard James say, but he was already almost out the door by the time James had finished his sentence. "Who's the sod? I'm going to be the first one at that table!" Sirius said, and took off quickly, almost running towards the great stone staircase leading into the castle.

Once inside, he took his usual place at the very end of the table, plunking himself down with a casual grace that belied his excitement. He hoped Dumbledore's speech would be quick this year; he was far too hungry and far too excited to sit through a long speech and the sorting.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:17 pm
At least the University bit made sense; Kingsley wasn't so sure he liked the idea of lawyers. Then again, Muggles were strange and put thread into wounds, supposedly to make them heal faster, so perhaps it wasn't too far out there. "Would you go to... um, Heevard, if you could?" Kingsley asked curiously, unsure if he had said it right.

(Sorry... It's been a long day.)  

Spiffeh Hats

Le Papillon Pleurant

850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:47 am
"You know, I'm not really sure. I liked the idea of it for a lnog time, but I think I'd like a Wizarding job better," she said with a grin as she glanced up at Kingsley. "I feel it would be better for me to put my better talents to use rather than stand in a court room and argue, you know?"

As thye made their way inot the Great Hall, she glanced to the Ravenclaw table before looking up at him and smiling again. "It was nice talking to you--most of the people in my house are a bit out there, so decent conversation is rare," she said with a little roll of her eyes. "Maybe we'll have a chance to hang out at Hogsmeade sometime?"  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:35 pm
((Ack, sorry. Research paper kicked my butt last week))

"Th-the hospital wing?" Lucy whispered to herself; she'd never visited it before, even for a cold, and felt a little anxious at the prospect. She smiled at Sybill, staying put to gather her things while she waited for the other girl to exit the carriage. She stuffed in a few papers that had managed to fly out and replaced her hat, which had firmly back on her head.

Banah

Dapper Citizen

ieatwood

Distinct Rogue

8,500 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:58 am
Bellatrix made her way up the stone cobble way, through the arches thronged with Hogwart's students getting the last bits of neccessities out of their luggage. Quickly, she deposited Thos in his carrying cage and made her way up to the Great Hall for the feast. Turning her eyes towards the lake, she could see that the lights from the boats, dancing like fairies on the water; making their way across the black lake. It wouldn't be long before it was time to begin the Sorting. Impatiently, Bella stepped around the person immedietly blocking her way, expertly weaving her way through the crowd till she found herself a seat the Slytherine House Table.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:20 pm
Peter sat at the table with his friends, his eyes swapping between dumbledore and sirius and james. Looking glumy at his empty plate he rested his head on his left arm.

"Oh ..you know-" he started his voice slightly more depressive then in the carriage, the whole fear of OWL's not hitting him fully until he actually got into school and he did the only thing that came natural- whining.

"I just know im going to fail my OWL's, dya think they will expell me if i fail them all?" he asked quietly.  

yellis

Spiffeh Hats

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:41 pm
Kingsley returned her grin. Not that he had anything against Muggles, but he was glad she found a Wizarding career to be much more suitable. What with all their electrificty things, he wouldn't be surprised if a Muggle job was much more dangerous than being an Auror. How often did a Ministry worker get fried for plugging something in? Never, and their healing methods were much quicker than what Muggles used, from the looks of things. Stitches? Honestly.

He turned to go to the Gryffindor table as they entered the Great Hall, before he remembered his aquaintance was from Ravenclaw. He nodded, pleased he had met someone new. "My pleasure," he told her. "Glad to be of service; a little conversation is good now and then." Kingsley grinned again. "Hogsmeade sounds good to me."

With a last wave of farewell, he moved through the crowd toward the Gryffindor table.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:14 pm
Rita gave the Grand Hall a cursory glance before her eyes landed on the back of Bellatrix Black's head. She couldn't help but smile, clutching her articles close to her. This edition was sure to be a hit. Rita looked away from Bellatrix and walked over to her own house table, sitting in the seat nearest the door. She was looking forward to the feast because it was one of Hogwarts highlights, and she would learn the names of new students in one go, but at the same time, the longer it took, the bigger hole her articles seemed to burn in her hand. If only they other students would arrive. She pulled her quill from her hair, and idlely doodled in her notepad.  

Ky Jelly

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Le Papillon Pleurant

850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:18 pm
Hestia made her way toward the Ravenclaw table and sank down into her seat. She glanced up, noticing Rita Skeeter across from her scribbling on her notepad as usual. "Hello, Rita, how was your summer?" she remarked casually as she took a sip of her pumpkin juice. She wasn't particularly fond of the taste, but she was parched after going a good two hours with no water, and didn't really care what it tasted like.  
RP Retreat

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games