Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Hufflepuff Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 129 130 131 132 133 134 ... 188 189 190 191 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:06 am
User Image
                                                    I'm gonna take what's in front of me tonight
                                                    Sometimes you just gotta float
                                                    Sometimes the waves are gonna crash you to the shore, whoo
                                                    Sometimes the peace comes
                                                    And settles your soul
                                                    Sometimes the angers so strong
                                                    You just wanna lose control

User Image
                                                    ════════════════════════
                                                    Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ || Hᴇᴀᴅᴍᴀsᴛᴇʀ || Pᴜʀᴇʙʟᴏᴏᴅ
                                                    ════════════════════════

Timothy walked up to the podium, his gaze already looking over the students gathered for the end of term feast. The school year certainly felt like it had flown by, especially considering that he was certain that some of the events over the year had done nothing to slow it down. Resting his hands on the podium, he gave the hall a brief smile and cleared his throat briefly before speaking.

"This year certainly feels as though it has flown by for everyone, hasn't it? And with the passing of the school year, we unfortunately must say farewell to some of our older students as they make their way into the world. We also have the opportunity of learning the standings in the cups as well, since most certainly I expect that there are students that cannot wait for the awarding of the cups." He looked over the tables before looking back to the students. "The house cup standings are thus. In fourth place, with 275 points, is Ravenclaw. Third place, with a total of 365 points, goes to Gryffindor. Second place, with a total of 395 points, goes to Hufflepuff. And finally, in first place with a total of 510 points as well as the Quidditch Cup, goes to Slytherin! Congratulations on your wins. Now, let us tuck in, enjoy the evening, and prepare for your trips back home for the summer."

════════════════════════

Thinking: Another year's gone...
                                                    OOC:

You know when the good times come
                                                    You know the bad gonna come too yeah
                                                    I don't know what to call it
                                                    But I'll just guess I'll call it

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:30 pm
Pinocchio looked closer and he saw,
Two huge rows of sharp yellow teeth!
And he realized his mistake.
So he would sulk and drink and mope...
And cross his arms and hope to die.
And then a fairy came one night,
To bring this sorry boy to life.
She pulled some strings and spun him about.

User Image

DAVID SHOICHET | FIFTH YEAR | GRYFFINDOR | MUGGLEBORN
And he walked all night long: Troubled | 'Til he was stopped: ... | By the shore of the ocean: Hufflepuffs | But still he walked on: Hufflepuff Table

Dave wouldn't have been caught dead at the Hufflepuff Table, but Elsie had asked him if he'd mind sitting next to her at the feast, and he'd been charmed by her stupid baby blue eyes and said yes, like an idiot. Now he was sitting here, next to her, watching people who weren't even his housemates interact with one another. Not that he was heartbroken to be away from the Gryffindor table. Elsie's friends were there quite literally kissing up to each other, and he really didn't need to see happy couples flirting while he was fidgeting next to the girl he'd liked for two years now, and they still hadn't moved beyond the 'friends who didn't hug' stage. Dave wasn't under any delusion that he somehow deserved Elsie's affection because he was a 'nice guy'. He wasn't a nice guy. He was a smartass and a moody little snot, and he knew it. But she liked him back and they both knew it and had practically admitted their attraction to each other without flat-out saying it several times. Well, he'd flat-out said it, because screw subtlety, he wasn't going to spend the entire time dropping vague hint after vague hint. But she seemed reluctant too, and every time she took a step back he felt more unsure, and more confused, and the whole thing was driving him insane. Was it because she liked him like that, but didn't he think he'd make a good boyfriend? Was she not ready to date? Was she worried about what her family would think of them, or what her friends would think? He didn't know. He glanced at her awkwardly, but she was reaching for a dinner roll and telling him to get some food. He couldn't be sure if she was actually oblivious or pretending to be more clueless than she really was.

And now I wonder how I was made....

That boy sprang up and began to shout:
"My arms, my legs, my heart, my face; they're alive!"
And she would cry, "Liar, liar! What have I done?
You're no lover, and I'm no fighter."
She knew about those wooden boys-
It's an empty love to fill the void.
"Pinocchio! Oh boy, how your nose has grown!"
So he would cry, "Liar, liar! I'll prove it to you!"

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:13 am
User Image

Cathy

❤ I was born on August 3, 2014.
❤ My blood is B+. Sorry you care about how 'pure' it is? I am pureblood, my father is a Squib. Does it matter?
❤ Do you still want to know more about me?
❤ Oh, and my big brother is a 5th year Ravenclaw.

❤ My directions say I am... {with Lyall and the Hufflepuffs}
❤ My time on the clock is end of the school year
❤ And I am looking {like the adorable Badger I am in my uniform}

space Cathy's smile wavered slightly when Lyall said it was him and that 'Miss Burke' didn't seem very nice at all but gave her the benefit of the doubt. Cathy wasn't entirely sure if she should burst the first year's bubble but decided to do so-just gently- after all she hadn't been told about the whole blood purism thoughts by her brother and she had gotten really upset when she figured it out on her own.

"Oh, Lady Burke isn't all that nice. She's a blood purist and hates any house but Slytherin from what I can tell, but some people and portraits have incorrect views and it is their own loss putting themselves in a narrow-minded box," Cathy said with a kind smile and then her smile widened at the mention of Sir Cadogan. "Ooh and I know Sir Cadogan. I have him convinced I'm a princess. It is great."

She chuckled with a happy smile and then added on the subject of flying sensing a hint of slight doubt in the first year, "And don't worry there are plenty of other ways to soar without using a broom. We all have our own gifts. For example I suck at transfiguration and defense against the dark arts but I have a knack for charms and have a gift for languages and history. Though, my interests in language and history might help with that."

"The point is we all have our own special gifts and our own ways to soar-even if we aren't physically flying," Cathy added.

(( OOC))
                                                          Miss GryffindorK
                                                          Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:44 am
User ImageUser Image

fírst чєαrнυffℓєρυffmugglєвσrn

вєcαusє ι'м нαρρу

When told that that painting wasn't very nice, he nodded vigorously, before stopping to push his glasses up, of course. "She was calling me a name I don't really understand, but it sounded mean enough! See, my whole family is not magic a bit, so I'm all sorts of different!" She spoke of Sir Cadogan, that silly knight, and said she had gotten him to think she was a princess. He grinned conspiratorially, as if he were privy to some secret. It was so nifty to have a friend who was so smart and charismatic!

She started talking about soaring with a broom, so he smiled, wondering about his talents. "I wonder what I'm best at! I'm not very good at magical stuff and I only talk in English! Maybe I'll find my talents next year! I'm not really worried about it, though." He nodded, pondering what he might have proclivity in as he learned more and more about this silly world. "Right! We've just gotta figure out how... and such." He nodded again, grinning widely, excitement surrounding him at the thought of new talents and maybe even a nice new friend.

mc2

{OoC:}

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:45 am
User Image

Cathy

❤ I was born on August 3, 2014.
❤ My blood is B+. Sorry you care about how 'pure' it is? I am pureblood, my father is a Squib. Does it matter?
❤ Do you still want to know more about me?
❤ Oh, and my big brother is a 5th year Ravenclaw.

❤ My directions say I am... {with Lyall and the Hufflepuffs}
❤ My time on the clock is end of the school year
❤ And I am looking {like the adorable Badger I am in my uniform}

space Cathy tilted her head as Lyall answered about the painting and said still smiling, "Well, I think when it comes to anything Lady Burke says the important thing is to just turn another cheek if you have to and just never repeat anything she says and not let what she says gets to you. I'm pretty sure I can guess what she might have called you, but it really isn't a term suited for polite intelligent conversation and doesn't matter. As for being from a family that isn't magical but being the magical one-sure it makes you different but doesn't it make you special too? I mean my Dad is the opposite-he's not magical from a family that is all magical. Would you say that is a bad thing? I wouldn't. Different isn't all that bad. And he's really successful in the muggle world now. I mean, he's brilliant and owns his own surgical clinic in London where he does some really amazing work in operations. I think that is impressive. Where you come from doesn't really matter it is where you go and are going, yes?"

She chuckled when Lyall said he wasn't very good at magical stuff and waved a hand, "Well, I'm not that great at magic either. And I was lucky enough that my parents were willing to and had the resources to hire me private tutors to teach me languages. But in your third year you have the option to sign up for Ancient Runes if you want to start learning another language. Besides, there are plenty of core subjects that don't take that much ability with a want actually-like herbology or history of magic. And herbology is about being caring and gentle more so than being great with a wand from what I seen. I'm not so great at the subject but I'm not the most patient person either, unfortunately. But, you have plenty of time to figure things out. You can find your niche if you keep an eye for it."

She fell silent as she reached for a roll and then said, looking back at the first year, "Oh, I almost forgot I haven't formally introduced myself. How rude! I'm Cathaline League-but be sure to shorten that to whatever you want. Most people just call me Cathy and Cathaline is a mouthful."

(( OOC))
                                                          Miss GryffindorK
                                                          Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:35 pm
L A Y T O N
B A N N I S T E R

Layton took a seat at the table filled with students wearing robes adorned with badgers. It didn't seem like many new students had arrived just yet, so he took an empty seat and turned his attention back to the students still being sorted. He wasn't sure if his parents would be happy or not, since they had been the last ones to ever be sorted into Hufflepuff. Devonte seemed perfectly content in his house, though, so Layton would feel the same in his. He pushed his hair to the side, his eye anxiously looking around.

Name Here

OOC:

First Year ❖ Eleven Years Old ❖ Hufflepuff ❖ Single ❖ Pure-blood

User Image  

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:37 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          Ješšαмıиe Wαłšħ
                                                          Looking Studious at the Hufflepuff Table with his Housemates
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Weirded Out
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ How exactly is this prefect thing supposed to work, anyway? ❞
                                                          ╚═══════════════════════════════╝

Heч тħeяe, L ı т т ł e Ređ R ı đ ı и g Høøđ ☽ O ☾xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          Yøυ šυяe αяe ł ø ø κ ı и g g ø ø đ ☽ O ☾xxxxxxxxx
                                                          Yøυ'яe e ν e я ч т ħ ı и g ☽ O ☾xxxxxx
                                                          A в ı g в α đ ω ø ł f ¢øυłđ ω α и т ☽ O ☾xxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceDorian had no sooner taken a seat at the Hufflepuff when his leg started jittering, bouncing up and down from the ball of his foot. A hand reached over and scratched the scars from his wolf bite, not because they itched, but because it had become one of his go-to twitches when he was nervous. And right now, he was seriously nervous. The fifth year glanced down at the pin on his shirt, silently cursing it. Why did he have to be prefect? Seriously! As if he didn't have enough in his life to worry about, with exams and full moons and learning how to brew a proper bloody potion without buggering it all to hell, now he had this to deal with, too! He sighed in agitation, glancing at Jess, hoping for some sort of sage advice that he knew he absolutely was not going to get from her. She wasn't exactly the sage wisdom type. Not that she didn't see to handle herself pretty well with the prefect stuff, at least from what he could tell. He just had a hard time seeing her as the sort of person who could make the world make sense. She might try, and he'd appreciate it, but somehow he doubted it would actually help lessen his nerves. There were a bunch of ruddy eleven year olds that were supposed to be looking to him on what they were supposed to be doing... He barely even knew what he as supposed to be doing! "So, uh, how exactly is this supposed to work?" he asked, cheeks coloring. Ugh, like he needed to remind her what a spaz he was! He shouldn't be so embarrassed and so bothered by what she undoubtedly thought of him, not when he didn't stand a snowball's chance in hell with her, but it still bothered him to so blatantly remind her that he was basically just some dumb kid. He couldn't help but think that life was going to be much easier when she wasn't around constantly making him nervous. But at the same time, the thought made him miserable, because he didn't want her to not be around... stupid ruddy unrequited crush. Why couldn't things ever be simple for him?

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx☽ O ☾ Wħαт в ı g e ч e š чøυ ħανe
                                                          xxxxxx☽ O ☾ Tħe κıиđ øf eчeš тħαт đ я ı ν e ω ø ł ν e š м α đ
                                                          xxxxxxxxx☽ O ☾ Sø נυšт тø š e e тħαт чøυ đ ø и 'т geт ¢ ħ α š e đ
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx☽ O ☾ I тħıиκ I ø υ g ħ т тø ω α ł κ ωıтħ чøυ f ø я α ω α ч š

User Image

(( OOC: ))

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:38 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Iris Alethea Whitte~Hufflepuff Fourth Year~Pure Blood

There's a fire in your eyes
And I hope you'll let it burn
There's a scream in your voice
And I hope you will be heard

Iris watched as the new students were sorted. So many wide-eyed children. She wondered if any of them were wearing masks like she used to. Pushing her hair back behind her ear, she allowed her hand to trail over the bold tattoo covering a good portion of the left side of her face.

She'd debated whether to wear it to school or not. Her entire life she'd been a good girl, a good daughter. Pretty, proper....and viewed as nothing more than a possession. A Doll. This last summer...she'd finally had enough. She'd run away, for good. The bottom of the tattoo started right above where the bruise from her mother's slap had been, and curled up over her eye, up onto her forehead. Every time she looked into a mirror, her tattoo reminded her of her resolve to leave her masks behind, to stand up. Iris was no one's victim. A facial large tattoo might not be....appropriate...for school. But Iris was proud of it, and she wasn't going to hide it.

There's a fire in your eyes*
And I hope you'll let it burn*
Until you're heard*

x Hufflepuff x OoC:

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:18 pm
I'm looking in the mirror and I think I'm liking what I see!
Big pink lights shining bright like I'm on the TV...
My heart pumps as the bass drum thumps;
You gotta move when the floorboard jumps!
Something's going on and I think it's going on right now.
All the boys and the girls, they got it going on,
And when the beat kicks in you feel it your bones.

User Image
J E S S A M I N E
C A T H L I N
W A L S H

Seventh Year PrefectHufflepuff SeekerHalfblood Twin

Jess supposed it was kind of lame, but she genuinely enjoyed watching the Sorting. It formed friendships, changed people's perspectives, forced them to be true to themselves... Alright, so maybe the philosophical edge was due to this being her final year at Hogwarts, but whatever. She saw next to Dori contentedly, only looking away from the line of first years, a few of whom were probably even in height with, if not taller than her, when she noticed the facial tattoo Iris was rocking. She knew the younger girl from Quidditch as being quiet and always polite, but maybe she'd had some sort of... change going on. Whatever it was, Jess figured it had to be a good sort of change, right? She seemed different in bearing... more proud, defiant, maybe. Good for her. She shot the red haired girl a small, impressed grin and a thumbs up before she was distracted by Dorian. She almost laughed at his question, but didn't want him to be even more embarrassed or feel as though she were mocking him. "Welllll you can slack off like me and Toby and only intercede when it looks like things are about to go down the crapper," she replied, keeping her voice low because there were small ears about, "Or you can talk with the lil tykes and tell them about what they should expect and all... Pretty sure it's on you and Nusayba to take them down to the common room later on, but you know the way, it'll be fine. Look, don't worry. You're a sweet guy, they'll like you," she tried to assure him. She really did think he'd be okay! He was Dori; he was the most unassuming, amiable person she knew. He was easy to talk to and she'd never even seen him really angry in her life. Though... he might be once he found out she knew. She still wasn't sure what to do with the information she had. She just knew it hadn't changed her opinion of him one bit.

OOC:
Cara MiaKitty

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

And when the basement cracks and the needle drops...
You can't turn back and you just can't stop!
I can see the silhouettes dancing up against the wall;
It sure feels good, feels good, yeah, we're gonna lose control.
Turn it on, make it strong, a good beat never hurt no one.
Kickin' up the dust and we're making every move we know!
Baby, don't stop, keep the vibe up...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:57 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ѕιиgℓє
                                                          Looking Cute at the Hufflepuff Table with Housemates
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Happy
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ Back home! ❞

αи∂ ι'νє gσт ѕσмє ι ѕ ѕ υ є ѕ тσ ωσяк тняσυgн ❦ ❦ ❦xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          тнєяє ι gσ αgαιи, ρ я є т є и ∂ ι и g тσ вє уσυ ❦ ❦ ❦xxxxxxxxx
                                                          мαкє-вєℓιєνιиg тнαт ι нανє α ѕ σ υ ℓ вєиєαтн тнє ѕυ я f α ¢ є ❦ ❦ ❦xxxxxx
                                                          тяуιиg тσ ¢σиνιи¢є уσυ ιт ωαѕ α ¢ ¢ ι ∂ є и т α ℓ ℓ у σи ρυ я ρ σ ѕ є ❦ ❦ ❦xxx
                                                          ═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spacePersephone felt immeasurably happy as she took a seat at the Hufflepuff table, thinking that it was pretty great to be back at Hogwarts. The flat she lived in with her father and cousin just didn't feel like home. She couldn't help but think that no where really ever would, except Hogwarts. She wanted to find a place of her own when she graduated, obviously, but she didn't really think she'd do well by herself. She was too jumpy for that. Truthfully, she'd probably never feel as secure out in the world as she did here. The blonde considered that perhaps she should become a professor after she graduated; of what, she had no idea, but surely there'd be some sort of opening for something she could teach? You couldn't be a professor straight out of the gate, obviously, there was a period you had to wait. That made sense, she figured; it'd be pretty weird to be teaching kids you'd been sharing a dorm with only a couple months ago. Probably hard to get a lot of respect from the students, too. But... teaching. Maybe. Then she could live at Hogwarts, at least during the school year. That... that sounded nice, she thought with a grin.

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx❦ ❦ ❦ тнєяє ι gσ αgαιи, ρ я є т є и ∂ ι и g тнαт ι ' ℓ ℓ f α ℓ ℓ
                                                          xxxxxx❦ ❦ ❦ ∂ σ и ' т ¢αℓℓ тнє ∂σ¢тσяѕ, '¢αυѕє тнєу'νє ѕ є є и ι т α ℓ ℓ в є f σ я є
                                                          xxxxxxxxx❦ ❦ ❦ тнєу'ℓℓ ѕαу, נυѕт ℓєт нєя ¢ я α ѕ н αи∂ в υ я и , ѕнє'ℓℓ ℓ є α я и
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx❦ ❦ ❦ тнє αттєитισи נυѕт є и ¢ σ υ я α g є ѕ нєя

User Image

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:21 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          Ješšαмıиe Wαłšħ
                                                          Looking Studious at the Hufflepuff Table with his Housemates
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Weirded Out
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ How exactly is this prefect thing supposed to work, anyway? ❞

Heч тħeяe, L ı т т ł e Ređ R ı đ ı и g Høøđ ☽ O ☾xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          Yøυ šυяe αяe ł ø ø κ ı и g g ø ø đ ☽ O ☾xxxxxxxxx
                                                          Yøυ'яe e ν e я ч т ħ ı и g ☽ O ☾xxxxxx
                                                          A в ı g в α đ ω ø ł f ¢øυłđ ω α и т ☽ O ☾xxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceDorian's gaze turned to see who Jess was throwing a thumb's up at, curious, eyes landing on a girl he thought he might've seen around... but he wasn't sure, because he couldn't tell if she was who he thought he was under the tattoo she now sported. His head tilted to the side a bit. Not that he had anything against tattoos, obviously, but wasn't she a little young for that? And on her face, too... weird. But, whatever, it looked pretty cool, he guessed. He tossed the younger girl a small grin before turning back to Jess, listening as she answered his question. When she informed him that he and the other fifth year prefect would have to be the ones to escort the first years to the Common Room, he blanched. "Us? But... I mean, don't the older prefects usually do that?" he asked, voice cracking under his nerves, almost squeaking. The 'sweet guy' comment did weird things to him, making his stomach churn like it was full of butterflies. All he could think was that she wouldn't say that if she knew. He glanced over at the other prefect, a pretty Asian girl who almost never said a word, and when she did, it was barely audible. She was nice enough, but he had a feeling she wouldn't be much help wrangling the first years and getting them to the Common Room; for starters, they wouldn't be able to hear her. If Jess was dropping the task in their laps... it would pretty much be up to him. Now that was a terrifying thought. He wasn't really concerned with the first years liking him, anyway... he was more concerned with them actually listening to him. Which he doubted if they'd do. He lacked the commanding presence necessary to convey authority. Definitely not alpha material. Maybe he could talk Jess into at least helping him with it?

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx☽ O ☾ Wħαт в ı g e ч e š чøυ ħανe
                                                          xxxxxx☽ O ☾ Tħe κıиđ øf eчeš тħαт đ я ı ν e ω ø ł ν e š м α đ
                                                          xxxxxxxxx☽ O ☾ Sø נυšт тø š e e тħαт чøυ đ ø и 'т geт ¢ ħ α š e đ
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx☽ O ☾ I тħıиκ I ø υ g ħ т тø ω α ł κ ωıтħ чøυ f ø я α ω α ч š

User Image

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:17 am
Iris Alethea Whitte~Hufflepuff Fourth Year~Pure Blood

There's a fire in your eyes
And I hope you'll let it burn
There's a scream in your voice
And I hope you will be heard

Iris felt a moment of unease when two of the older students, Jessamine and a boy with a prefect badge, glanced over at her. The seeker's approval was obvious, and pulled a tiny, real smile to Iris's face. It was a much smaller expression than her usual mask of cheerful neutrality, barely even the slightest lightening of her eyes and a fraction of curl to the corner of her lip, but it was also much more honest.

Iris was glad her fellow quidditch player approved, though it wasn't necessary. She'd wear her tattoo proudly even if everyone disapproved, and she didn't really have to trust the Seeker on a quidditch team to play her own chaser position effectively, but the older girl was one of the few she'd made the decision to trust last year, so...it was reassuring.

The boy...he seemed to consider for a moment, judging by his contemplative look before he smiled at her, and he and his approval certainly didn't need to mean anything to Iris at all...but...it was nice too. No connection save their house, and he didn't condemn her, frown, or sneer at her for doing her own thing.

Iris relaxed, just a bit. "Home" might be a sketchy concept to Iris, and "family" was hardly a positive association...but maybe she could...give things a chance. And...it might be a vindictive way to look at things... "smile Doll, or no one will like you" "hush Doll, no one likes an opinionated girl" "it's not like your marks will never get you anywhere" "it's a good thing your pretty..." ...but Iris wanted to prove them wrong. She was sick of being pretty, pliant, and pleasant all the time in an attempt to fit in. Iris...wanted to stand up, even if that meant standing out. And maybe, just maybe...she'd still be accepted by at least some people, even if she was herself.

There's a fire in your eyes*
And I hope you'll let it burn*
Until you're heard*

x Hufflepuff x OoC:

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:06 pm
Corabell Kiremono~Hufflepuff Seventh Year
Quidditch Captain~Half-Blood

Corabell clapped politely for the students being sorted. Her final year, and she was looking forward to it. Glancing around, she smiled happily. Rowan was over at the Gryffindor table, her quidditch team was scattered around her own table, and...huh, little Iris seemed to have come out of her shell, with a more confident air and a tattoo splashed proudly across her face. Whatever worked, hopefully that fire would be present on the field as well. Another student was sorted, and Corabell brought her hands together again. Soon, all the new students would have houses, and the feast would begin.

Relationship status: Wearing Rowan Edgar Elliott's promise ring.
Where am I?
Who am I with?
What am I doing?
OOC: (( ... ))

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:02 pm
User Image

User ImageUser Image Location: Hogsmeade Station -> Great Hall - Hufflepuff Table

Alice walked into the great hall with Jasper. It wasn't soon after they reached the table that she split off from her adoptive brother. She knew that Jasper probably wouldn't like it but she needed space. They both did, after what he admitted over the summer she really needed it. Taking a seat next to Iris a girl who she really didn't know but did know she was a part of the Quidditch team. 'Why not strike up a conversation?' she thought before looking to the younger girl.

"Hello, its Iris right? We were on the Quidditch team together for the last couple years." Alice said before adding. "I'm Alice, reserve Seeker for the team." With a big smile the Hufflepuff couldn't help but think she might make a new friend. "I see you got a tattoo over the summer." she added with a small smile.

With: Fellow Hufflepuffs... Iris

Wearing: Hufflepuff Uniform

OOC: ---

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Positive and optimistic,
Kind as well,
You should do well here...
Hufflepuff!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:23 pm
User Image

User ImageUser Image Location: Hogsmeade Station -> Great Hall - Hufflepuff Table

Jasper walked into the great hall with Alice only to have her skip off to sit next to Iris. Shaking his head he knew she was keeping distance and he knew why. He didn't need read her mind to know that. However he couldn't help but question it anyway. Taking a seat pretty much by himself he clapped for all the new members of their house and of course the others too. Seeing a boy named Layton be sorted into their house, Jasper wondered if he should say hello.

After a moment of thought on the subject Jasper went and sat next to the boy. "Hello, your name's Layton right?" he asked with a friendly smile. "I'm Jasper... Jasper Lancaster... Fifth year... Welcome to Hufflepuff." Jasper tried not to sound like he was having a hard time talking to the eleven year old. "You... looking forward to being here...?" he asked. Honestly what fifth year was nervous about talking to someone younger than them? He was supposed to be friendlier. How friendly was it to be afraid to talk to people? Well at least he was trying, right?

Status: Happy... questioning why... and trying to be talkative...
Wearing: Hufflepuff Uniform

With: other housemates... Layton
OOC: ---

AlphaApex

You have the intellect of a Ravenclaw,
And the protective spirit of a Gryffindor.
However, if you are sure about being with Alice, then...
Hufflepuff!

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 129 130 131 132 133 134 ... 188 189 190 191 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games