Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
L5R - Jade Legacy OOC thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:33 am
Look, if you want me to upload the PDF for the probability chart I will.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:55 pm
Stupid question, how many XP points do we get to spend to create our character?  

BegrudginglyGood

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:02 pm
BegrudginglyGood
Stupid question, how many XP points do we get to spend to create our character?

The base 45 CP, plus... oh god, what did I tell Terei... I think 40 extra XP?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:02 pm
Rain Yupa

The base 45 CP, plus... oh god, what did I tell Terei... I think 40 extra XP?

Was it 30 or 40 extra XP? I don't remember =w=;;  

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:29 pm
Hrrm....in general, the group should have roughly 40 exps after this chapter...if it's your intent to keep them on pace with us.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:43 pm
The base is 45, and presently Denbe breaks down to 75 XP/CP if I were to remake him via the karma rules.

So I suspect he said the 30 extra, since part of that experience was made through play, and he's been trying to start new characters out a small xp distance behind the ones who have been earning through play.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:56 pm
Psychofish
The base is 45, and presently Denbe breaks down to 75 XP/CP if I were to remake him via the karma rules.

So I suspect he said the 30 extra, since part of that experience was made through play, and he's been trying to start new characters out a small xp distance behind the ones who have been earning through play.

I'm trying to have them slightly behind where you guys will be in Act 3, though. Not right now.

Masuyo was built with 25 extra, so I was basing my answer off of her + some.

Maybe I should just settle on 35 extra. So, a total of 80 points.

EDIT - Yeah, 35 extra for those starting in Act 3.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:42 pm
Thanks!

Are there any character types you are missing so far? Before I begin looking through what I feel like playing?

BegrudginglyGood

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:18 pm
The Party
Courtier: Shosuro Miyako, Shosuro Actress
Archer/Special Weapons (Kusari Gama)/Yojimbo: Bayushi Kojiro
Tracker/Kicker/Pinball: Ujina Denbe
Earth Shugenja/Puncher: Kitsuki Masuyo
Smart Guy/Armorer: Kaiu Kagae  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:04 pm
I think I'll throw in Mirumoto Nahomi.

She can ready her katana as a free action, and gets the +1k0. And she will most likely get +5 to her TN, and two attacks her turn.

Otherwise I'm not sure if I've left the character wide open.

I'll transfer her details onto a character sheet tonight.

BegrudginglyGood

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:12 pm
A Mirumoto will make our Tamori trained shugenja VERY happy. Also, what edition of the rules are you using?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:39 pm
Assuming Rain has already told you we're basically functioning as squires/representatives to the Jade Magistrates, meaning we'll be doing a lot of investigating, hunting, or otherwise dealing with ghosts, maho-tsukai, and other supernatural things. Not that we won't run into plenty of mundane politics, combat, and challenges, but our job is to deal with the supernatural...

Party breaks down more or less like Plains explained.

Shosuro Miyako is a 4 Awareness infiltrator and assassin by school, statted out in such a way that she functions very efficiently as a courtier. She's not a slouch in combat, but she's no bushi either. Focusing her air ring.

Bayushi Kojiro is a Bayushi Bushi in about all that it implies. He's spread himself to his chain weapon, bowmanship, and swordsmanship, declared himself Miyako's yojimbo and invested some decent points into social skills and practical skills. Seems (to me) made to never let a blade touch him and strike the enemy wherever they stand. Focusing his air and fire rings so far.

Ujina Denbe is a 4 Agility bushi who's methods of combat are the standard kenjutsu, or jiujutsu. Moves quickly, and tends to try and strike hard and fast to fell enemies before they can retaliate if possible. Despite how capable he is on the defensive... that does mean he can be a bit reckless. He has enough social skills not to embarrass himself, strong athletics, and some investigation/knowledge of the supernatural skills. Focusing his air and fire rings so far.

Kaiu Kagae is a Crab bushi and siege engineer. His social graces are relatively nonexistant, but with 4 intelligence he's the go-to man for the vast majority of lore type checks, and a talented weapon and armor smith besides (when we can stop long enough for him to get a crack at a forge). The only one with heavy armor, he can fight with anything but mostly seems to be built for reliable ol' kenjutsu and heavy armor, slow and steady fighting, focusing his fire ring so far.

Kitsuki Masuyo is a Tamori trained shugenja, with 3 earth and 3 water, with a strong smattering of combat spells, though she's proven very ready to make use of her non-combat ones to help where the rest of us can't! She's specialized as a healer, and a jiujutsu fighter and will probably adore you for giving her the chance to use the Thunder and Steel kata.

Our other incoming player... I don't really know about yet. But we'll find out! >.<

So yeah, what you play is very open to you. As you can see we have just about everything covered enough we're not desperately lacking any role... but we're also not so well covered you couldn't find plenty of things we're missing to provide/do better with. Inter-character dynamics otherwise are... volatile. They've settled down and been nice and friendly several times, but Denbe is a little too dead-set on accomplishing their task above and before all else often, Kagae tends to butt heads when people disagree with his methods, Masuyo is uncomfortable with how frequently the bushi... bushi things but generally cooperative, Kojiro is well intentioned but occasionally cracks or stretches himself too thin... and Miyako's "Cruel" disadvantage says she's not above manipulating us against one another or putting us in tight spots to make us squirm when someone earns her ire, though to your face she's almost always sweet and silky-smooth about things.

That's my impressions of us all, anyhow.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

BegrudginglyGood

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:38 am
Not sure what rules I was using, I think I have the 4th Edition book. But I was using a character generator for my current effort in character creation. I might submit it and see if you guys can see if improvements can be made.

I will however have a look at how to improve the supernatural side of my characters knowledge. Seems smart.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:45 am
Psychofish

Our other incoming player... I don't really know about yet. But we'll find out! >.<

If all goes well, there should be a total of 3 incoming players.

I'm going to be playing as a Yoritomo bushi with little knowledge of peasant weaponry.
( Which means I'm strictly katana emotion_awesome Is that good or bad? )

The other, who will be arriving with my charrie, is a Tsuruchi archer.
( Beyond that, I don't know much )  

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:45 am
It's hard to show supernatural knowledge past kami related things. Shadow lands lore? Best be a crab or another clan/family who deal with the shadowland or you take honor loss when displaying it. Other things you'd have to check with rain for the suitable lore.

Edit:
User Image  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas