Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
L5R - Jade Legacy OOC thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:38 pm
Yes, a Mirumoto would make me very happy. Masuyo's school technique (x2 Earth to TNtbH, which is +6 right now, but bound to go up) can be used on other Dragons for free, and as Fish explained, Thunder and Steel is like the best kata EVER.

Also, it should be pretty easy for someone to get you the 3.5 PDF if you don't have it.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:01 pm
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/3552/Legend-of-the-Five-Rings:-3rd-Edition-Revised?it=1

A link to drivethru.

Lots of Mantids >< Kojiro ..... *sobs*  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:11 pm
I'm pretty sure plainsfox works for drive thru. Paying for digital copies how silly.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:54 pm
It is the honorable thing to do. That being said... *already lost a point or two of honor for obtaining her copy for free* sweatdrop  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:10 pm
It is very nice and all of you to share your thoughts but...

...What are you trying to achieve with them.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:26 pm
Mongooseh
It's hard to show supernatural knowledge past kami related things. Shadow lands lore? Best be a crab or another clan/family who deal with the shadowland or you take honor loss when displaying it. Other things you'd have to check with rain for the suitable lore.

There's more than Theology and Shadowlands Lore. You can take pretty much anything as a Lore Skill. Heck, one of the examples given on page 99 is "Ghost Lore". If you can think of it, you can probably take it as a Lore Skill.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:29 pm
I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to say with that, but it sounds pretty mean... sad

What I'm trying to say is, Alderac did a really good job developing this system, so legalities aside, supporting those people and their hard work is just the right thing to do. But if you don't agree or can't afford it someone here could probably get you a free copy so you can participate in the RP. Not me, of course. That would be illegal. Buuut if I had MSN names I might know where you can find a copy.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:36 pm
Paidi tou Selini
I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to say with that, but it sounds pretty mean... sad

What I'm trying to say is, Alderac did a really good job developing this system, so legalities aside, supporting those people and their hard work is just the right thing to do. But if you don't agree or can't afford it someone here could probably get you a free copy so you can participate in the RP. Not me, of course. That would be illegal. Buuut if I had MSN names I might know where you can find a copy.

(I was referring to your RP post. I've got 13 gb of d&d3.5 pdfs and loads of other sytems in pdf I couldn't care less.)  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:44 pm
Oh! Sorry... sweatdrop

What am I trying to achieve? Absolutely nothing! I just put that there as filler to show that I'm still participating and ready to jump in as soon as I can find a way to contribute.

EDIT: Plus it's a small bit of character development. I need her to get over the fear of drawing her katana by the end of this arch so she can learn the Thunder and Steel kata (assuming everything works out that way).  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:00 pm
I'm slightly confused as to what sort of character I want to play.

I seem to be leaning towards someone skilled in fighting, that perhaps has a vendetta against Taint, or some other supernatural force. Probably a cliche approach of having lost family or friends due to it.

Would the following back-story work?

Returning home to her remote village situated between the icy mountains and the more meadow-like Lowlands, Nahomi expected to find her family preparing for a harsh winter. Her sister, Jaia, was with child and had been for going on five months now, and Nahomi was overjoyed at the prospect of another child within the family. But upon returning, she found the village had been left to ruin. Every house empty. A small monastery on the outskirts of the mountains had always been a meeting place in times of need, and as she trudged through the snow she could feel the hair on her neck prickling.

Outside of the monastery, her brothers and father stood. Each looked as through the winter had turned their bones frail. Pale skin and the appearance of illness was easily visible. Running closer, she quickly stopped in her tracks.

Wearing nothing but tattered clothes and having not bathed in weeks, her father and brother looked disgraceful. She could tell something was horribly wrong. Their bodies were covered in red marks, and each was covered in blood. Her father seemed to be coughing up blood, and his eyes were dark, and lacked any sort of emotion.

That was until they spotted her.

Suddenly they cried out, and launched into a full on run, their movements no longer seemed human but that of some rabid animal. Stepping back she held up her arms, and called out to let them know it was her, and not some bandit there to rob them.

Part of her wanted to laugh, thinking of how silly the situation was.

But her calls did nothing.

Retreating back to where she had tied her horse, her brother was the first to catch her. Tearing at her clothes and heavy armor, his attack was vicious, but luckily non lethal. Pushing him back, she shouted for him to stay down on the ground. Her father tackled her, and after several moments of struggle she had no choice but to free the wakizashi at her waist. Plunging it into his abdomen, it took several seconds before he fell away screaming in anger. But he still proceeded to attack her.

At this point in time, she realized she had no choice. In stories as a child she had been told of the taint, and of the Shadowlands, and of how her family guarded against yobanjin, undead and bloodspeaker attacks.

Slaying her father, with a quick beheading, and following with her brother. She slayed each and every member of her family (those that survived up until then) that day.

Returning down the mountains, it is said she was silent for three months, before muttering, 'Neither will I'. At that point, what had happened in her home village was common knowledge, and the situation had been cleaned up. She had yet to return though.

Having put aside honor, as you have pointed out, to hunt something down.

But I think so far I'll have to rethink where I have put my XP.

BegrudginglyGood

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:25 am
Paidi tou Selini
Oh! Sorry... sweatdrop

What am I trying to achieve? Absolutely nothing! I just put that there as filler to show that I'm still participating and ready to jump in as soon as I can find a way to contribute.

As a GM, I approve of posts like this; they indicate to me that the player is still following, but they don't wish to presently take any action. That allows for me to post sooner, rather than waiting for those who haven't posted anything. I'm a tad too nice, and don't want to exclude anyone because they didn't get a chance to post (illness, trip, school, etc). So, no posts mean I wait around; No posts due to apathy or laziness means I wait around for nothing.

So, thank you, Ms. Selini! :3  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:30 am
BegrudginglyGood
I'm slightly confused as to what sort of character I want to play.

I seem to be leaning towards someone skilled in fighting, that perhaps has a vendetta against Taint, or some other supernatural force. Probably a cliche approach of having lost family or friends due to it.

Would the following back-story work?

Returning home to her remote village situated between the icy mountains and the more meadow-like Lowlands, Nahomi expected to find her family preparing for a harsh winter. Her sister, Jaia, was with child and had been for going on five months now, and Nahomi was overjoyed at the prospect of another child within the family. But upon returning, she found the village had been left to ruin. Every house empty. A small monastery on the outskirts of the mountains had always been a meeting place in times of need, and as she trudged through the snow she could feel the hair on her neck prickling.

Outside of the monastery, her brothers and father stood. Each looked as through the winter had turned their bones frail. Pale skin and the appearance of illness was easily visible. Running closer, she quickly stopped in her tracks.

Wearing nothing but tattered clothes and having not bathed in weeks, her father and brother looked disgraceful. She could tell something was horribly wrong. Their bodies were covered in red marks, and each was covered in blood. Her father seemed to be coughing up blood, and his eyes were dark, and lacked any sort of emotion.

That was until they spotted her.

Suddenly they cried out, and launched into a full on run, their movements no longer seemed human but that of some rabid animal. Stepping back she held up her arms, and called out to let them know it was her, and not some bandit there to rob them.

Part of her wanted to laugh, thinking of how silly the situation was.

But her calls did nothing.

Retreating back to where she had tied her horse, her brother was the first to catch her. Tearing at her clothes and heavy armor, his attack was vicious, but luckily non lethal. Pushing him back, she shouted for him to stay down on the ground. Her father tackled her, and after several moments of struggle she had no choice but to free the wakizashi at her waist. Plunging it into his abdomen, it took several seconds before he fell away screaming in anger. But he still proceeded to attack her.

At this point in time, she realized she had no choice. In stories as a child she had been told of the taint, and of the Shadowlands, and of how her family guarded against yobanjin, undead and bloodspeaker attacks.

Slaying her father, with a quick beheading, and following with her brother. She slayed each and every member of her family (those that survived up until then) that day.

Returning down the mountains, it is said she was silent for three months, before muttering, 'Neither will I'. At that point, what had happened in her home village was common knowledge, and the situation had been cleaned up. She had yet to return though.

Having put aside honor, as you have pointed out, to hunt something down.

But I think so far I'll have to rethink where I have put my XP.

That is fine for a recent history :3 Though, L5R is a system that supports a lifetime background, rather than the past couple months. It doesn't have to be necessarily added to THAT, but you should consider including a bit explaining your character's family connections, maybe their training, and what kind of role or task they have been given by their lord/daimyo up until the present. smile  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

BegrudginglyGood

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:43 pm
Sounds like a plan to me!

Edit: On second thoughts, I was trying to make my character too complicated. I'll simplify her back a bit.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:59 pm
Begrudging, you really need to get ahold of the Third Edition Revised pdf. I saw the +1k0 damage and such masteries you were listing from Kenjutsu, and that's exclusively a 4th edition thing. There really are some big differences, and the books just aren't interchangeable.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:15 am
Should I post my sheet soon?  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers