Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Plainsfox rolled 6 10-sided dice: 4, 6, 5, 5, 2, 3 Total: 25 (6-60)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:06 am
@ Scorpion Shenanigans

"No...There was a lot of movement by the trunk though.... Kojiro smacked his palm against his forehead. Obviously he wasn't at his best right now. "Kami dammit! Let's go find your friend."

Kojiro would go back to the scene and attempt to track the progress of the evening.

OOC:
Perception/Hunting (Tracking) 4k2 w/ 2 dice to handle explosions!
Results: 11
Wound Penalties: +3  
Agent Sinistra rolled 9 10-sided dice: 5, 5, 2, 9, 1, 5, 1, 8, 4 Total: 40 (9-90)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:10 pm
@ Lioness Shenanigans

"Well, that's a shame... Still, you fared better than I did. And go right ahead." Kyumi motioned for him to help himself.

When she suddenly realized what Jiro was trying to ask her, Kyumi began to look a little flustered. "I-I didn't mean you, of course, Ide-san! Really, I'm glad you came!" She would cover her face with her hands in embarrassment. "With how it felt like things were going, I was practically expecting something to have come up to have kept you from coming or for you to have changed your mind."

She'd hurriedly take a drink from her own cup, as if she were using it as a way to keep from saying anything else that might make her feel even more embarrassed. Which, had the tea been cooler, might have helped. Instead, she found herself wincing a little as she swallowed.

"I-I should have let it cool down a little more..." She'd quietly murmur.

((Here, have some etiquette! 5k3 = 19 ))  

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:29 pm
@ Scorpion Shenanigans:

Kojiro and Sozen would head towards the area of the Scorpion Tent, taking a look around and seeing if they could find any sign of Wazuka in the darkness.

Unfortunately, even with both of them putting their heads together, there was no discernible trace of the girl.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:42 pm
@Scorpion Shenanigans

"I heard hooves earlier. I don't know where they were headed." Kojiro shrugged helplessly. "Maybe it's related?"

"I'm sorry. I don't know where your Kitsuki got off to.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:44 pm
@ Lioness Shenanigans:

"Ahahahahahahaha... By the kami, Kyumi-san, you're adorable," Jiro would say, laughing somewhat heartily at her 'tea pas'. He would soon stop, smiling sincerely at the Kitsu woman.

"With tea this hot, you have to make sure you blow on it to help cool it, before you bring it to your lips. Like so!" Holding his own freshly poured tea cup before him, he would blow gently on it, barely visible steam vanishing momentarily in the makeshift breeze.

"And like so," he would say, turning his head and leaning down to blow gently upon Kyumi's own cup.

Smiling to the woman, he would repeat one last time, in a more hushed voice, "... like so..." Pursing his lips, he would blow gently upon Kyumi's lips, his own face close to hers...  
Plainsfox rolled 5 10-sided dice: 3, 3, 9, 9, 4 Total: 28 (5-50)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:56 pm
Perception/Investigation Roll Requested 3k2 2 addtional to handle explosions
Wound Penalties: +3
TN: 15
Results: 12  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:23 pm
Seichiro simpled bowed to Seppun, and sighed. Before leaving though, he turned around. "Koan. I will be your second at tomorrow's Iaijutsu competition." And with that, he departed. As he made his way to the Lion tent, he looked at Kan. "Sorry for dragging you along this foolishness."  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:56 pm
@ Lioness Shenanigans

If Kyumi's face wasn't already red, it certainly was now. "I-Ide-san?" The girl looked incredibly out of her depths. "T-that's a bit close, don't you think?"

She would let out a soft, nervous laugh. "It would look a bit inappropriate if someone were to walk in on us... Kan-san and Matsu-san could be back at any moment, too..."  

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Psychofish rolled 5 10-sided dice: 2, 9, 9, 5, 7 Total: 32 (5-50)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:23 pm
By the time Denbe's meditations would be coming to a close, it was bound to be quite late at night. Had he time to, he might have chanced a tiny nap or tried to do more to prepare before heading out, but as it was he did not know when exactly to be watching for Kan, only that it was late at night and the monk supposedly walked very early in the morning.

Denbe felt a bit... silly, going to out to spy on a monk's morning walk. Perhaps all manner of real wrongdoers had known well to avoid this sort of occasion, where guards and security would be so readily about, and the lack of things to be suspicious of had made him antsy. He had plenty of reasons to be so here, and it was likely the last straw of unnerving coincidence breaking the camels back.

Was there a Maho-tsukai here, he severely doubted it was Kan, and he didn't know what purpose a morning walk would serve one either. But with so little time left, if he meant to ever prove suspicions unfounded, this was the time, and the most direct way.

It would have been easier if the Kitsuki had interrogated him instead of everyone else, but Denbe was not confident that a smooth tongue would not fool him.

And so, as much as he found distaste in it, there Hare would creep out into the dark, and search a likely place to remain concealed and watch.

[5k4 Agility/Stealth(Ambush): 30 vs TN ?+3]  
Psychofish rolled 3 10-sided dice: 5, 9, 5 Total: 19 (3-30)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:55 pm
Once he was settled into position, Denbe glanced at the stars. He could not read them, but the Hare supposed he had enough chance for one more attempt at readiness. Distracted as he was at the moment, he was unsure he could gather his mind to it's sharpest, but it was worth a shot. Focusing, the Hare closed his eyes and concentrated on one of his senses at a time.

Try as he might, though, that focus seemed to just narrowly escape his grasp. Eventually, he gave up, exasperated, and simply watched.

[3k2 Void/Meditation(Zanji): 14 vs TN 15+3]  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:48 pm
@ Scorpion Shenanigans:

Sozen would shrug towards Kojiro. "This may sound cold-hearted, but I'm not her keeper. She's a big enough girl, she'll find herself home eventually. We COULD stay here, and I'm sure she'll show up eventually. But tomorrow will undoubtedly have the fiercest competitions, and I think we'd be best off getting as much rest as we can. Your thoughts, Kojiro-san?"  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:53 pm
@ Lion Shenanigans:

Seichiro would walk with Kan towards the Lion tent, the monk marching stoically beside the bushi. "There is no need to apologize, Seichiro-san. I would have rather come along and found foolishness, than stay behind and risk events unfolding unfavorably when I could have prevented them from doing so."

After a few more seconds, Kan would change the subject. "I'm surprised with what happened, that you are still willing to be Doji Koan's second. Word of this incident will most likely spread to all the competitors, and his well of potential allies will quickly dry up. I'm not saying you're wrong for choosing this path; in fact, it might make you a better man for it. But why was this your decision, if you don't mind humoring an old curious man?"  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:54 pm
@Scorpion Shenanigans

Kojiro bit his tongue on the comment about rest but nodded anyways. "You are right. However, I'm going to wander around a bit and see if I can't find her. I'll see you in the competitions then, Sozen-san."  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:04 pm
@ Lioness Shenanigans:

Jiro would grin, almost childishly, upon the poor Kitsu's observation. "Is it too close? It's a tough call. It could go either way."

Jiro would gradually turn to drink his tea - it would be a shame to let it go to waste. A Perception/Anatomy [Diagnosis] roll of TN 20, however, would alert Kyumi of Jiro's wince as he did turn away - a possible result of his earlier injury?

"So what if they return, Kyumi-san? Are you afraid that you'll be caught doing something... indiscreet? The best defense against that is to simply not get caught. Besides..." With a twinkle in his eye, he win grin broadly. "Your tentmates were in quite a hurry to leave, from what it seemed like. I don't think they'll be back anytime soon. So loosen up, and enjoy your company for a change!"  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:09 pm
@ Hare Late-Night Shenanigans:

Denbe would indeed find a good spot to wait - one that could see the Lion's tent entrance, and was concealed between a stack of crates and a tree; a position that would be easily seen from the opposite side, but the opposite side was not facing anywhere the competitors were allowed to wander.

Denbe, roll me a TN 10 Willpower roll to stay awake! Failure will negate your sleepless penalties for the next day, for obvious reasons.

Also, knock off 1 point of honor from your character sheet.  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games