Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:13 pm
@ Scorpion Shenanigans:

Sozen would nod, and bow. "Just as a precaution, I didn't tell Makoto or Wazuka that you were the one interested in finding the monk, in case you wanted to be anonymous about the matter. If you wish, you can tell them of your motives." With a pause and a brief wave, he would then add, "Fare thee well, Bayushi Kojiro-san," before returning to his own area.

Seichiro, give me a Perception/Investigation [Search] roll to find Kitsuki Wazuka!  
Plainsfox rolled 5 10-sided dice: 7, 3, 5, 10, 1 Total: 26 (5-50)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:17 pm
@Dragonsearch

Kojiro nodded to Sozen as they went about their ways. Hopefully he would find the girl soon and then try his hand at sleeping again.

OOC:
Perception/Investigation (Search) 3k2 w/2 additional dice to handle explosions
Results: 12
Penalties: +3 due to wounds  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Psychofish rolled 2 10-sided dice: 6, 2 Total: 8 (2-20)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:23 pm
In a series of terrible rolls turns of luck, Denbe hid himself fantastically, ready to observe and see what might come of the monk. Unable to focus, he stayed put all the same, knowing that after his meditation earlier he could stay up all night and... and.....

What had he....

Zzzzzzzzz....

[2k2 Willpower: 8 vs TN 10+3]  
Agent Sinistra rolled 3 10-sided dice: 7, 2, 1 Total: 10 (3-30)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:28 pm
@ Lioness Shenanigans
((Rolling 3k3 perception; 10 vs TN 20 to spot Jiro's wince; Nope! Looks like Kyumi's a bit too preoccupied to see that.))

Unfortunately, Kyumi's too busy internally flipping out. She was really beginning to regret that she'd sent Omi away.  

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:32 pm
"Why did I choose? Well, after tonight's crazy event, his reputation will be tainted. I'm just curious about what would happen were I to win tomorrow's Iaijutsu competition as the second of Doji Koan. Besides, something tells me he'll need me more than ever now, and whether or not what he did at the tent was his fault or not, I can't really turn his request down. It would be like me ignoring a sick man on the street because I heard a rumour that he fell in love with a Geisha, even though he's married."  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:40 pm
@ Scorpion Shenanigans:

Kojiro fails to find Wazuka when he goes out and searches for her. Either she was sitting in an ambush spot somewhere where he wouldn't be able to find her, or she had gone back to her tent already.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:48 pm
@Dragonquest! [Failed]

Kojiro would try to go to bed again. Staying put may help at least.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:52 pm
@ Hare Late-Night Shenanigans:

Kan's Notice Roll: 14
Daidoji Guards' Notice Roll: 21
Kitsuki Wazuka's Notice Roll: 61. On 4k3.
Kitsuki Wazuka's Willpower Roll to stay awake: 14.

Denbe will eventually be woken up from his slumber as Wazuka finishes tying the last of the knots around the Hare's bindings. On the plus side, he was asleep long enough to negate no-sleep penalties for now and Day 5!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Agent Sinistra rolled 9 10-sided dice: 7, 10, 10, 6, 5, 4, 7, 4, 10 Total: 63 (9-90)

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:26 pm
"A-are you really sure about that?" Kyumi would use that moment to back away a few inches from Jiro. While it wasn't likely that the distance gained would have been enough to give her much of an advantage in anything, it did make her feel a bit more at ease.

"And plus, I mean... I've never done any of this before but... Don't things end up... Ah... Heating up quickly and then one thing leads to another?" Kyumi would find herself mumbling, and not quite able to look at him. "I mean... You're very attractive and nice, but... I don't know that I can really afford to be... ah... burned right now. And it wouldn't exactly be good idea to... Start a fire that I couldn't put out?"

((Rolling etiquette, 5k3 = 38 ))  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:44 pm
@ Lioness Shenanigans:

The Ide would stare into Kyumi's golden eyes as best he could, considering she was trying to avoid eye contact.

"Tell me, Kyumi-san... if you don't mind me picking your brain, why are you so apprehensive? What happened to the fierce determination I saw when you soundly defeated Soshi Maru in both the art of Magic, and the game of Shogi? To the woman who so easily sparked the embers of determination in the heart of a solitary Crane? Hmmmmm..."

He would lift his cup, blowing softly upon his tea, before sipping it for a long while, watching Kyumi.

{Courtier [Political Maneuvering] + void point for a modified roll of 21}

--------------------

@ Lion Shenanigans:

As Seichiro approach the tent, he can hear Kyumi having a conversation with a man who you aren't immediately familiar with. Do you still enter?  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:16 pm
Seichiro entered the tent, weary from the day's events. Once in, he noticed Ide Jiro. "Oh, sorry... I didn't know you had company, Kyumi-san."  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:24 pm
@ Lioness Shenanigans

Kyumi couldn't help but get a bit puffy at that. "That's not fair! This is different!" Apparently Jiro had pushed the right button, because she would then stare right back at him as she proceeded to get into his face.

"Defeating Soshi Maru won't get me sold to a Geisha house because people doubt my virtue! Defeating Soshi Maru won't keep me from finding a husband! Defeating Soshi Maru won't keep me from returning home because I've shamed my family too much to be allowed to return! Now maybe none of that is of much concern to you, but it is to me!"

And then Kyumi would realize that someone else had just entered the tent, and would become a little pale at being caught in the midst of her rant. However, she was not so bothered by his entrance that she wouldn't quietly add in her own 'Told you so' remark for Jiro's ears.

"And see! I told you one of them could come back at any moment, and he did!"  

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:52 pm
@ Lion Shenanigans:

"Ah, Seichiro-san!" Jiro would respond to the Matsu as he entered. He would lift his cup higher as acknowledgment. "Don't mind Kyumi-san and myself. We are amidst a very complex Ide courting ritual, but you've walked in on the messiest part of the process. I assure you, it would have seemed funnier if you heard it from the beginning."

{Etiquette [Sincerity] of 34 with a (free) raise to try to help Kyumi save face.}

"I've brought a bottle of shochu in case I was entertaining a full compliment, but you had just left before I arrived; as such, we haven't had the opportunity yet to enjoy it. However, unless I'm mistaken, I believe I am out of time for tonight, and we'll probably have to pick up where we left off tomorrow. Kyumi-san?" he would ask, turning to face her and smiling politely as he awaited her response.  
Agent Sinistra rolled 9 10-sided dice: 1, 2, 4, 5, 3, 5, 1, 2, 2 Total: 25 (9-90)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:40 pm
@ Lion Shenanigans

Kyumi would look a little unsure of herself for a moment before making up her mind. When she finally did speak, there was a slight tinge of reluctance.

"Next time... Perhaps we should do this elsewhere." She would reply, and would leave it at that.

She'd turn to look at Seichiro, and would greet him with an apologetic look. "My apologies, but I think once Ide-san leaves... It'd be best if I went to bed. Good night to you both."

((Rolling etiquette, 5k3 = 12; to further help with face saving and being polite. ))  

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:33 am
@ Lion Tent:

Jiro would chuckle slightly, smiling. "When we're done, we'll see if we can get you to focus on the Here and Now, rather than Next Time, Elsewhere. You'll miss less of what life has to offer otherwise."

Unexpectedly, Jiro would then lean over and place a kiss on Kyumi's cheek, albeit a brief one.

"We'll continue your treatments 'next time'," Jiro would say, standing up, bowing to the Kitsu. Grabbing his bottle, he would head towards the entrance, stopping at Seichiro's side. "I apologize we didn't get the opportunity to partake of my gift; I fear I arrived too late for that. I'll hold on to it until next time, then we can really have a party." Smiling, he would bow his head to Seichiro, before leaving - assuming he was not barred from doing so, of course.  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games