Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 133 134 135 136 137 138 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:53 pm
Denbe awoke to a scene that... he really hoped he didn't continue to grow more familiar with. What exactly did one say to finding themselves waking up, apparently under arrest on grounds of suspicion, to a young woman for the second time in one night?

Most of the list were things Denbe did not have enough points of Lechery to think of (see: any). Which was probably for the best.

"...I hadn't realized you were quite this adamant about not having help," the Hare said sourly, though he didn't imagine that's what this was about.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:06 pm
@ Hare Late-Night Shenanigans:

"Sssomething like that," Wazuka would say, giving the final cord a fierce tug. "Thanks for the sweet hiding spot though. I don't think I would have found it on my own."

Plopping down beside Denbe, she would pull out a pair of paper-wrapped spheres from her pack. She would undo the wrapping of one, revealing a riceball, which she began to munch upon. "I can't believe you fell asleep during a stakeout," she said to him, elbowing him in the side. "You're obviously a bit green behind the ears at this, so this is me mostly making sure you don't screw it up for me. No offense."

Chewing thoughtfully, she mmm'd several times, nodding in approval. "Makoto-san might be a bit annoying at times, but his wife makes a good riceball. Y'want one?"  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Raganui Minamoto rolled 2 10-sided dice: 3, 10 Total: 13 (2-20)

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:38 pm
(sorry about the long wait)

Perception 2k2  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:54 pm
Now the Hare was really confused. She apparently really wasn't here to arrest him. In fact, she almost seemed downright... pleasant.

In some ways it was hard not to laugh, or get some bit of amusement, but on the other hand, he was tied up. Denbe was impressed, certainly. After her earlier antics, this rather improved his perception of how much he could trust Wazuka. Or at least how capable and reliable she was. In a very strange sort of way.

But impressed or not, it was worth reiterating- he didn't really like being tied up.

"Well, I haven't done it alone before," he admitted sourly. That must have seemed a little sad though, as he realized a moment later she was even younger than he was. In the past, however, he'd always traveled with other Hare, and cooperated with each other in their work.

After a moment of stubborn silence, the Hare finally broke.

"I would, thank you. And I take it Kan-san has not passed by yet?"

As long as she only intended to have him tied up until she'd finished watching, he'd only have to be sure that she didn't attract any unwanted attention or, somehow, put herself in a position where she was unable to return soon.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:03 pm
@ Crane Shenanigans:

The TN was 10 this time, for a very specific reason.

As Zanzen had pretty much given up any attempts to find Kenichi, he would simply call it quits and head towards the copse of trees within the compound that the Daidoji used to train for forest-based combat. It wasn't PERFECT shelter from the elements, but it was better than nothing.

And there he was, his back to a tree, facing the opposite direction, most of his belongings set up around him like a little makeshift camp. It was initially uncertain if he noticed Zanzen's arrival, but as he would approach, Kenichi would turn his head, looking at the Kakita out of the corner of his eye.

And he would say nothing, simply turning away.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:15 pm

Wazuka would unwrap the last rice ball, holding it up rather casually in front of Denbe's face, so he could grab ahold of it with his mouth. It was a tad big to eat in one bite, but she didn't seem to realize that.

"Mm-mm," she would vocalize, a soft shake of her head as she stared intently at the tent's entrance. "That Scorpion man, Naizen, is also out there. He's watching both us, and Kan. He's good, but I'm better. The Daidoji aren't very attentive, if you ask me."

If Denbe wanted to see Naizen on a rooftop, he would need to beat a TN 22 Perception/Battle check; he can have a free raise as Wazuka is pointing the Shosuro out. Much to Naizen's dismay.

About 20 minutes after this exchange, as Denbe had been informed, Kan would simply walk through the tent flaps of the Lion tent, take a brief look around, and simply begin a casual walk, like he hadn't a care in the world.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Psychofish rolled 2 10-sided dice: 3, 7 Total: 10 (2-20)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:07 pm
Denbe debated for a moment if she was serious, too focused to notice, or trying to mock him. After a moment, he decided it was probably the second, and just took a bite, trying not to pull the whole thing off and into the ground.

With a little wriggling, the Hare would manage to sit up, and focus over in the direction she'd indicated the Scorpion to be in.

"I see..." though he couldn't actually make him out. All the same, he could keep in mind where Naizen would be- he didn't know much of anything about that Scorpion, but he'd been the one to lose in the Jiujutsu competition, the other male besides Kojiro.

He'd gladly finish the rice ball if any more was offered, but he wasn't especially focused on it. Even if he was tied up, Denbe was more than content to wait quietly for the Lion to come out... and when he did...

Well. It didn't look so suspicious after all. Still, he tried not to shift or do anything that might give him away to anyone besides the Scorpion. At least he knew that even if the other man was hostile for some reason, he couldn't do anything against them without revealing himself.

[2k2+5 Perception/Battle: 15 vs TN 22]  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:18 pm
@Crane Shenanigans

He didn't speak, merely walked to another tree and settled in against it, shifting his blade out to hold comfortably, still sheathed.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:42 pm

Wazuka would hold a finger up to her lips, watching as Kan simply walked out of view.

"I'm really sorry about this, but I can't have you giving away my position..." Denbe might be a tad curious as to what she was apologizing for, but the cloth gag she was tying around his mouth pretty much explained everything clearly enough.

Luckily, Denbe wasn't that big of a boy, and Wazuka seemed capable enough - for now - of fireman carrying him over her shoulder, even if she needed both hands. This would, of course, mean leaving her weapon behind.

{Wazuka's untrained Stealth [Shadowing] roll of 22-5 (for carrying Denbe) -5 (for being sleep deprived) vs Kan's untrained Investigation [Notice] roll of 14.}

Kan seemed to take such a wild and erratic route, rounding one tent, moving between two more... Wazuka struggled to keep up, without going too fast and getting caught before she knew what the monk was up to.

Soon, however, Wazuka (and Denbe) would find Kan standing at a clearing, his back turned to them, staring up at the night sky.

"What do you think he's doing?" Wazuka would whisper to the Hare, when...

"You can come out now. I know you're there."

"Eep!" she would cry out, clapping a hand over her mouth. "I mean, uh, Eep!"

"Come, you two. If you have something to say to me, come out and say it already. I don't mind." Kan would say, turning around and

"... do you have Denbe-san bound and gagged??"  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:44 pm
@ Crane Shenanigans:

If Zanzen would not say anything, neither would Kenichi. Though he would sniffle a bit. He seemed content to sit there in silence, otherwise.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:46 pm
What was she- oh no, he couldn't protest loudly or he'd give them away, but-

Denbe must have done something to upset the fortunes quite severely today. And not only did he realize that this was a terrible idea while following Kan, not only because she was hauling him around tied, but because it would give them away too, and... she unfortunately didn't seem terribly good at it.

And inevitably they were caught.

Denbe raised his head as the monk confronted them, and spoke one short sentence.

One short, incoherent sentence, thanks to the gag.

But he didn't exactly look like he was excited about the fact.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:25 pm

Wazuka would elbow Denbe in the side. "Sssh! I got this. Just watch my back, okay?" Unsheathing her wakizashi, she would point it directly at Kan. "By the power vested in me on behalf of the Kitsuki Junior Magistrates Association, I hereby order you to surrender yourself into my custody and await interrogation, where you will answer for your crimes!"

Kan seemed positively perplexed. "... because I took a walk?"

Wazuka would facepalm as she neared. "No! Well, yes! But no! Yes-no! This is about the illicit crimes of which you are partaking, and you were currently en route to!"

That didn't seem to help clear things up for the monk. "... Crimes? At this hour? In a compound crawling with Daidoji? By myself?"

Wazuka would now shake her fist at him as she continued to close. "I'm not the criminal mastermind here! Prepare to face righteous punishment!"

"You have my deepest and sincerest apologies, Wazuka-san." Kan would bow his head suddenly as he gave his supposed admission.

"Wh-

{Jiujutsu roll, 3 raises for called shot to the head, 39 vs TN 10+15}

With a sudden strike to the back of the girl's head, she would suddenly go limp, as he struggled to catch her free-falling weight.

Laying her upon ground gently, he would then pick up her wakizashi, and begin approaching Denbe.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:21 pm
There were three reasons here that Denbe did not panic as the monk grabbed the wakizashi.

First, he had disabled Wazuka non-lethally, and then not killed her afterwards. Secondly, Denbe probably seemed more likely to not be on her side, than to be on it, at the moment. Third, if he was debating cutting him open, wriggling and panicking would probably only put more fuel to the fire and possibly make the monk do it.

So, much as Denbe couldn't help but look intimidated at the moment, he did about all he could- trying to sit upright while the monk approached, as if it would help him if he meant to kill him.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:30 pm

"I know I am just a simple monk, but... please don't look at me like that, Denbe-san," Kan would say as he knelt beside the Hare, sawing through the rope carefully until enough of the sections had been cut. Kan would simply stand and return to Wazuka with the blade, returning it to her hilt.

"Denbe-san, I have a favor to ask of you. Could you bring Wazuka-san back to her tent? She shouldn't spent the night out here like this; she deserves a bed."

Without so much as another word, Kan would seemingly pick a random direction to head off and start walking.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Psychofish rolled 4 10-sided dice: 4, 4, 8, 5 Total: 21 (4-40)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:52 pm
Flexing his hands to ensure they worked, the Hare nodded. He had not been aware that the monk was quite so skilled with his hands. And yet, despite the lack of answers, it did appear to be for the best. As he studied the monk with his eyes, he only felt guilty for his suspicions. After all, had he not been out for the same sort of walk? Why had he been so ready to mistrust the monk?

The threat of a single Maho-tsukai was great, yes, but he could not hold everyone to such scrutiny until proven innocent. And everything he had personally seen of the monk led him to believe he was not capable of such atrocities.

"Of course," the Hare responded, looking regretfully from the monk to the young Kitsuki. But as he began to walk, some wits came to Denbe, and he raised his voice- not high, but hopefully enough to stop him a moment, as a strange insight struck him. He wasn't sure if it reflected more on himself, or Kitsuki-san. Perhaps both?

"Kan-san--!" He paused, a part of a moment, "...I wish to apologize for Kitsuki-san's behavior. I know such suspicious could be taken to insult, but I believe she honestly only wished to do good. Perhaps wished to accomplish something good so strongly it clouded her judgement- if I do not presume too much to speak so."

The Hare was afraid his tongue was not smooth enough to convey what he meant to. The second part, a gift to the monk in apologies, he offered more quietly.

"And if it means anything to you, she seemed to believe that Shosuro Naizen was watching you this morning as well.

"Take care."

[4k3 Awareness/Etiquette(Sincerity): 17]  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 133 134 135 136 137 138 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games