Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 134 135 136 137 138 139 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:18 pm
@ Hare Late-Night Shenanigans:

Kan would slow his pace, though not stopping entirely. "I'm not entirely sure what all this is about. But all I am is a monk, here on behalf of his temple, and you are a samurai. You are under no obligation to apologize to me, nor warn me of impending dangers. But, with that out of the way, I do appreciate the concern, Denbe-san."

Not giving the Hare any further opportunity to contribute to the conversation, Kan would slip from the bushi's view.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:06 pm
Denbe had nothing more to say.

He watched the monk go, uncertainly, and looked to Wazuka as he turned thoughts over anxiously in his head. There really was too much going on. And here he'd gone and created issues out of the one thing that hadn't, it seemed. Perhaps he should have left well enough alone after all.

With a sigh, the Hare would turn to the unconscious Dragon and pick her up carefully. He had to stop for her weapon, along the way, and once he had it he'd only return to her clan's tent, carefully trying to sneak inside without waking the other members of the clan. Laying the mancatcher down, he'd carefully remove her sandals and lay Wazuka otherwise fully dressed into her cot, and lay her blanket over her. Lacking one, he'd leave his own plain blanket atop the woman, and return to his own tent.

There wasn't much "night" left, but the Hare would spend it mostly failing to sleep any more, and thinking.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:31 pm
DAY 5

The morning of the fifth day would be a pleasant one. A flawless sunrise with a nearly flawless skyline, accentuating every possible shade of blue above. The early morning was a warm one, foreshadowing a beautiful day.

In the Crab Tent, the Crab delegates (+ Jiro) would rise one at a time. Hida Hogai seemed to be particularly motivated, whereas Kagae and Kaori most likely slept in later, reviewing their own particular specialties until the wee hours of the morning.

In the Crane trees, Kenichi was an early riser, despite fighting an apparent cold. He stoically ignored his ailment, and packed up his stuff as soon as he could. Whether he could escape Zanzen's presence before he awoke was yet to be seen.

In the Lion Tent, Kan was already missing, his sheets once more perfectly folded. Without Omi about, it seemed to be a somewhat quieter, almost more dismal morning, despite the shining glory of Lord Sun outside.

In the Mantis tent, Susumu would throw the blanket over his head as he groaned, "Five more minutes..." If Hisashi drank the previous night like he had planned, the expected pounding of a hangover would be his alarm clock.

In the Scorpion Tent, Naizen was there and awake, though his own bed seemed unslept in. He did seem rested and slightly unkempt, making it appear he had slept elsewhere. Maru was still sound asleep when Kojiro awoke, but she had dozed off before he did, if he judged the sound of her breathing right, so she would most likely be up soon herself.

In the Minor Clan Tent, Denbe was alone, unloved, forgotten... though still present every limb, which is always a blessing to wake up to.

Servants would come and give word to each tent that the Magistrates were ready for their announcements, and for the samurai to hurry. It was a good hour earlier than all the other days, at least, so it would come as somewhat of a surprise! Lord Sun was still early in his travels, barely over the horizon.

"Hello and good morning to everyone!" Kita would say, as Benjiro did his best to stifle a yawn. Raicho simply stood there patiently. "Sorry for gathering so many of you so early, but there is a very good reason for it, I assure you. Now that we have at least one delegate from every clan here, we will cover the events for today."

She would turn her head, nodding to Benjiro, as he suddenly turned around and picked up something from behind his legs, throwing... a large leather ball into the crowd?! One of the gathered samurai would barely be able to catch it in time.

"Benjiro-san will be hosting the first event this morning, which is still at noon. Today's Physical Competition is Kemari, of which he is a big fan. Those of you who are athletically inclined, feel free to join him and have some fun!"

She would turn her head the other direction, nodding to Raicho. The Kuni would reach behind her this time, pulling out... a jug of liquor?! Everyone put their arms up defensively and flinched, as the Kuni let out a ever-so-slight smirk. "I'm not going to throw this."

"You always leave such strong impressions on people, Raicho-san," Kita would say, practically sweatdropping at the scene. "Those of you who might want to know your favorite Shugenja Magistrate a bit better will be interested in the Social Competition today. Raicho is a simpler woman with simpler tastes, so she will be sitting in on the Drinking Competition. Featherweights can go on home!"

Finally, Doji Kita would face the lot of you herself, nodding her head. "And now for the reason you're here so early. I have the Mental Competition this night, and tonight, it is an Artisan Competition. This one will be a group event, so scoring will be done slightly differently. You may compete in teams of any size, and everyone scores one point if they win; however, there will only be one winner. Paint me a picture, forge me a sword, sing me a ballad... as long as your muse inspires you, you may create for me! The extra time this morning is to allow people extra time to prepare or practice, so use your time wisely!"

She would clap her hands together, already excited for her event. "Any groups for my event, every member must be present when you register with me, so figure it out quickly! Have fun, everybody!"

--------------------

Please sign up with whichever event you like, and give me a Raw Void Roll, everyone!

GM Note: XP Expenditures will close on 2/13/11 at 11:59 PM EST!  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:48 pm
After waking up and getting fully dressed Kagae received the news of what events there were. He was almost startled when he realized he could compete with one of his highest strengths so he dressed quickly and probably was the first one to sign up.

"Morning Kita-sama... I guess it would be of no surprise to you I wish to sign up to your competition... Though I think forging a sword would be a bit... Ambitious within the given time frame... But I do have an idea and I prefer working alone anyway... That reminds me... Since I'll have most of my day free... When you can could you please send the workers over...?"  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:06 pm
"It would be my pleasure, Kagae-san. Now you understand why I desired for you to wait until the morning? Three of my servants should be enough for your task, I hope."

If this was enough for Kagae, he would have temporary access to the servants Kakuei, Kinuyo, and Maemi!  
Plainsfox rolled 5 10-sided dice: 10, 8, 10, 2, 1 Total: 31 (5-50)
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:08 pm
@The Scorpion Tent

Kojiro slowly prepared tea as he mentally debated. "There are a lot of possibilities today. Unfortunately, points drive them. If you do not win and gain the full two points, I do not think you will qualify for the Iaijutsu tournament, Maru-san. Which is a pity, because a muse has been visiting me. With you, Naizen-san, and one other...I think we can put together something special."

The bushi shrugged as he poured out cups for himself and the two other scorpions. "But if you two see other avenues for victory, then go for them. It is our duty to see that our clan is honored in this tournament."

OOC
1st 2 dice=Untrained Tea Ceremony Roll
2nd 3 dice=Raw Void Roll+ 1 die for explosions
Tea Ceremony Results: 18
Void Results: 13  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Agent Sinistra rolled 5 10-sided dice: 4, 3, 9, 1, 8 Total: 25 (5-50)

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:11 pm
Kyumi had practically pulled a 'Kaori' that morning; without Omi to keep her on track, the shugenja had barely been able to get up and dressed on time. Unfortunately, her hair had come undone in the night, and without her attendant to help and lacking a mirror to make things easier, Kyumi had ended up hurriedly pulling her hair back into a simple maiden's tail before running off to hear about the days events.

She'd try to listen with interest as she had the days before, but found herself a little sleepy and would end up missing some of the details. As far as she had heard, the athletic event had to do with some ball game... The Social event had to do with drinking something with Raicho, and the last event would involve making something... For a group? In a group? The words were still slowly being processed.

Uncertain as to which to choose for the time being, Kyumi would sleepily rub her eyes while considering trying to find out what Toyoko was going to do.

((Void = 7 ))  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:35 pm
"It shall definitely be enough Kita-sama!" Kagae would bow deeply before signalling the servants to follow him, "come on! With me..."

He lead the to the unicorn crab tent and grabbed his scroll tube to retrieve the plans inside. Laying the schematics out on his bed he begun to explain the process.

"Now... What you are looking at is the schematics to an add on to the tent we're currently standing in! Due to a recent misfortune with our old tent we now have a spare tent to work with... Now... Kakuei was it? You'll be helping me put up the poles and guide lines for the tent... Kin..yuo? And Mae..mi? One of you will be attempting to make a better job of the repair job I made on the old tent so whoever is better at that will be doing that after that is done you will be sewing it to the current tent so it is water proof! The other will be shopping for me."

Kagae grabbed a piece of paper and wrote a list of items:
5 Tatami mats 1 bu
Sake cup 1 bu
A bottle of shochu 2 bu
A small table
Tea set 1 koku

He held out this note with 3 koku with it and waited to see who took it.

"Change would be nice..."  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
Mongooseh rolled 2 10-sided dice: 2, 3 Total: 5 (2-20)

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:38 pm
{Damned void roll = 5}  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:02 pm
@ Scorpion Tent:

When Kojiro returned to the tent, Maru would be up and awake, her kimono pulled around her as she was speaking with Naizen about a matter.

"Oh, Kojiro-san. Good morning. You had left before I woke up, and I wasn't sure where you ran off to so early." She would nod to Naizen, who would nod in return and approach his own bunk, continuing to get ready for the day.

"So those are our last events?" Maru would ask aloud when Kojiro would recite them to her, as she would fold her hands before her. "Well, I'm a good dancer, and I would like to do that tonight. I'd rather not participate in the other two events. But really, its not that important," Maru would say, seemingly less than interested than she should be.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox rolled 5 10-sided dice: 2, 1, 3, 7, 2 Total: 15 (5-50)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:17 pm
@Scorpion Tent

"I ...see. Is something interesting coming up today?"

Kojiro's mental images of Maru playing kemari in her kimono and drunken Maru dissipated before his eyes. "At any rate, I was considering something that would pay tribute to each of the founding members of the Scorpion Clan. Do you want in, Naizen-san?"

OOC:
Awareness/Investigation to judge moods and body language. 4k3 w/ 1 additional dice for explosions
Results: 12 (No Comment.)  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:22 pm
@ Lioness Shenanigans:

Kyumi would note that Sosuke and Sumi would have both been here to listen to the events, but Toyoko was absent. Upon hearing them, the two Phoenix would begin heading back to their tent. Kyumi could stop them if she wanted to, but...

"Kyumi-san!" Ide Jiro would call out to her, hurrying up to her position with such exuberance, it was as if she would simply disappear at any moment.

"Kyumi-san, I'm glad I caught you. Did you hear the events?"  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:29 pm
Zanzen wouldn't be up in time to see the other crane leave, thus he had the morning to himself, mostly. Once the competitions were announced for the day, he frowned. He never even learned the rules for Kemari, didn't drink more than just for social meetings, and wasn't sure if his definitely of artisan would fit well with theirs. Still, they did ask for his muse.

For the 5th day, the Kakita Bushi would not be in line for the physical contest, instead signing up for the Mental Artisan Contest. While doing so, he'd attempt to find Ashahina to see if he'd join him in his idea. Two Kakita Duelists putting on a show would be much better than one.  
Raganui Minamoto rolled 4 10-sided dice: 7, 8, 4, 8 Total: 27 (4-40)
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:32 pm
(VOID)

2k2, rest incase of splody

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:33 pm
@ Lioness Shenanigans

Kyumi had been about to sleepily make her way over to the two Phoenix when Jiro had startled her. She would blink at him with surprise; her eyes still a little glazed with sleep,

"I... Yes?" She answer, sounding a little unsure of herself. "Have you already decided?" She'd ask, trying to remain conversational as she tried to piece together what the man wanted and exactly why he'd approached her so excitedly.  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 134 135 136 137 138 139 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games