Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
Ideas, Questions, Suggestions? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 136 137 138 139 140 141 ... 156 157 158 159 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:28 pm
Marushii
this ones just for you!

So for double take, I have a question! It's taking two attacks. So in T1, a first year is doing 2d6 twice (4d6) and so on, for the three tiers.

The question is, instead of upgrading a T3 fear, we're getting an extra T2 fear, so if we have T3 Double Take, but we're Alumni (or Full Hunter) we're rolling double a third years (or intermediate hunters) attacks. (4d10)

Do we just take the hit in order to do the fear attack, or should we be rolling 4d12 for our appropriate dice?

Thank you~ sorry if that was confusing qq  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:32 am
Quick question.

Quote:
[ Step 4: ] Repeat and rinse! You may have multiple rps with the same character or with different characters at once! You may only redeem one trophy once, but rp points are always x2 to a maximum of +10 rp points from this event PER character you rp! This will be open all month for you to try and get all the trophies and exclusive minipets. Once this month is over, the trophies and minis opportunity will poof as well!

With this for the bonus points. I would like to clarify.

The +10 cap.

Does it include just the bonus points, or total points earned.

Like say someone has these RPs.

Duel Worth 2 RP Points normally, Private RP worth 1 point normally, and Duel Worth 2 RP Points normally.

This normally equals out to 5 points. Since it's double points though it's 10 points.

Would this cap them, or would they have to hit the +10 cap, or would only the bonus 5 points they'd earned count to that cap leaving them 5 more potential to earn?

I have a char who's doing a bunch of RPs to help with trophies and such for people so they'll hit over the cap regardless, and just want to make sure I calculate the points right later. ^^  

Raja

Kawaii Shoujo

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:23 am
Nio Love
Marushii
this ones just for you!

So for double take, I have a question! It's taking two attacks. So in T1, a first year is doing 2d6 twice (4d6) and so on, for the three tiers.

The question is, instead of upgrading a T3 fear, we're getting an extra T2 fear, so if we have T3 Double Take, but we're Alumni (or Full Hunter) we're rolling double a third years (or intermediate hunters) attacks. (4d10)

Do we just take the hit in order to do the fear attack, or should we be rolling 4d12 for our appropriate dice?

Thank you~ sorry if that was confusing qq

Please use 4d10 at this time, as I would consider 4d12 to be a T4 level Fear. At this time, T4 is non-existent. Not sure if that tier will be added later, but for now please stick to the guide.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:31 am
Battle system feedback!

The Tier instead of Year stuff is great, I think it really clears up some confusion from that. Excellent! : D

BC was in need of the extra dice, definitely !! Very glad to see there is an incentive now for taking it to T3, instead of just sticking with T2.

The balancing to GC though small was also nice.

New attacks are super cool, along with the stacking bonuses! awesome Blade + Maruuu. I am really excited about this update. There are some additional things that I thought might need tweaking, but overall this is really, really excellent:

Barrier - The new mechanic with an HP bucket over several turns is great (I really like this, and am super enthused), and still very distinct from Chill/other healing moves.

However! The amount of points (a max of 15) makes it pretty useless. A full-fledged T3 barrier would have trouble standing up to a T1 GC or BC (and this is just over one turn - not to mention a T3 of either, which would annihilate a T3 Barrier and eat through your health too - BC's max damage, by comparision, is 32). T3 Chill can heal you for 30 points of permanent HP. 15 temporary HP isn't a T3 move. It's barely a T1 move. Tainted Fang also ignores Barrier completely.

With the low low low low amount of HP + the temporary nature, it's not worth having. However! A temporary large wall of HP would make a great alternative to the Chill, especially if it's only sticking around for 1-3 turns, and I think is a fun and in character option as well (...my moon/defense feels okay).

A workable core of HP might be something like:

T1: 25
T2: 50
T3: 75-100

Two of my main characters have Barrier. With the current mechanics, I'd have to reroll/ditch it, (which I don't want to doooo, especially because I'm very excited about the system, and just feel like it's the HP amounts that need tweaking). Again: Really, really great changes all around.

Double Take: As Nio mentioned, the current mechanics have certain factions/students downgrade your dice to do a double hit, which doesn't make a huge amount of IC sense.

2d12 isn't T4 mechanic for Hunters...it's their T3 dice.

Students, this makes sense for (until they upgrade their dice, in which case it doesn't). Hunters, it makes no sense for them to ever take this fear. Horsemen it doesn't fit either.

I agree that this move would benefit from being changed to "use twice your current dice".

That's pretty much it. This was an excellent update ! I know I have said excellent a lot but really really really really great job!

Overall- Thank you so much for your hard work, and also for the option to reroll our fears !! Looking forward to trying out some of these new mechanics.

Toshihiko Two
Crew

Sugary Marshmallow

Sweet Orphy

Friendly Hoarder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:22 am
That may be a stupid question but can I have an explanation about creatures that are born in Halloween? Do the have parents or something? Things like that.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:30 pm
Morning_stars
I saw a few pages back that to speed up student enrollments we just get an ok to RP and not an acceptance "statement" anymore. I sort of thought one up myself. Is it okay to put it on my journal or can a staff member quote me with that in my enrollment thread to make it official? Is that possible or is that a no?
Thanks for answering.

(Also what I thought up is: After eating a few enrollment forms and one in particular the Acceptance Bin had suddenly been coughing up brown and yellow fur. Spreading the double colored hairs everywhere. This made everyone wonder what was the bin up to now.

This question hasn't been answered yet and I think it may have been overlooked or something.
Can I use the bolded text as my enrollment message? I would love if someone quoted me with it to make it official but at least say if it's allowed? If not I just won't use it. Simple! Thanks!
~~~~~

Also a new question and that's mainly why I'm posting. I won the Moth student and it's obviously a girl/ghoul because of the name of the picture but what faction is she in? Is she a specific type of moth or can I choose a race for her? I need to know this to fill in the enrollment form properly. Thanks for answering. If this is not the right place to ask please let me know too. Thanks!

Edit: I was talking about this Moth girl. Sorry for not linking to her. I won her here. I made an enrollment for her now. I made her a ghost - spirit moth. Thank you for answering Marushii!  

Morning_stars

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:39 am
I have a really weird FEAR attack question -

If I want to tweek Invi's FEAR stuff, does he just go on Elder Horseman stuff or are Heirs a little different?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:56 pm
1: Can Elder/Stage 2 horsemen have a Fear attack that is used while they are in Mount form

2: If a horsemen has the Fear attack "The Bite", can it also be used on two targets, and if so, do they then get the benefit of draining both of them of energy to take for themselves?

Marushii

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:51 pm
Toshihiko Two

Thank you for the feedback! I can see what you mean with the Barrier; I'm going to think on it for a bit.

Re: Double-Take - tbh I completely skipped the "full hunters" part and forgot all about the other factions (and as my only PC is a Y2 Halloween and my other characters use "boss dice" I'm going to admit it right here: while I created the battle system, I'm not as familiar with it as many of you are due to not having characters in different factions to practice/turn it into second nature).

Sweet Orphy
That may be a stupid question but can I have an explanation about creatures that are born in Halloween? Do the have parents or something? Things like that.

Hi there! Have you seen The Little Scareling Primer? That's the IC lore of how Halloween creatures are made. For a boring OOC explanation: two (or three or four) Halloween beings channel their Fear into a special pumpkin at the Pumpkin Patch. Over time, that Fear will manifest into a new Halloween being. This being will always take the species from ONE of its parents (no hybrids exist in Halloween!).

Soyeah to answer your question in a sort of round about way: some Halloween creatures do have parents while others do not (as they just pop into existence).

Morning_stars
Morning_stars
I saw a few pages back that to speed up student enrollments we just get an ok to RP and not an acceptance "statement" anymore. I sort of thought one up myself. Is it okay to put it on my journal or can a staff member quote me with that in my enrollment thread to make it official? Is that possible or is that a no?
Thanks for answering.

(Also what I thought up is: After eating a few enrollment forms and one in particular the Acceptance Bin had suddenly been coughing up brown and yellow fur. Spreading the double colored hairs everywhere. This made everyone wonder what was the bin up to now.

This question hasn't been answered yet and I think it may have been overlooked or something.
Can I use the bolded text as my enrollment message? I would love if someone quoted me with it to make it official but at least say if it's allowed? If not I just won't use it. Simple! Thanks!
~~~~~

Also a new question and that's mainly why I'm posting. I won the Moth student and it's obviously a girl/ghoul because of the name of the picture but what faction is she in? Is she a specific type of moth or can I choose a race for her? I need to know this to fill in the enrollment form properly. Thanks for answering. If this is not the right place to ask please let me know too. Thanks!

The bolded message is fine, and I do know that some of our GMs are going through enrolls and adding in enrollment messages as well.

And as for the moth student I'm not sure who you're referring to; can you please include a link? Any character can belong to just about any faction with the right justification/if it makes sense.

demon_pachabel

If I want to tweek Invi's FEAR stuff, does he just go on Elder Horseman stuff or are Heirs a little different?

I'd say to visit an Elder or Professor at Amityville and wouldn't consider them different myself. Zoo?

zoobey
pony question for you

Seussi
1: Can Elder/Stage 2 horsemen have a Fear attack that is used while they are in Mount form

2: If a horsemen has the Fear attack "The Bite", can it also be used on two targets, and if so, do they then get the benefit of draining both of them of energy to take for themselves?

I am a-okay with having stage 2 horsemen use Fears while in mount form!

For "The Bite," FOR NOW it can be used on two characters however it can only drain the HP of the FIRST TARGET so that you're only healed once vs twice.

My brain is still mush from recent vacation, so there'll be a Fear guide sometime that hopefully won't take as long as the last update~

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:37 pm
demon_pachabel

TO ADD:

Both Death and Medea are around, however for Invi it can also be a personal training/solo. However as the latest Fear update made so many changes, you can always handwave it as "a thing that happened."

'cause what happens in Invi's harem, stays in his harem amirite? 8D  

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:56 pm
Marushiix

Seussi

For "The Bite," FOR NOW it can be used on two characters however it can only drain the HP of the FIRST TARGET so that you're only healed once vs twice.

So just to clarify on the bite, that means that they can attack up to two targets for the (insert dice amount number here) turns, but only gain back a percentage of HP from target number one? (I'm assuming that's how it works but want to make sure just in case)  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:07 am
Marushii
demon_pachabel

TO ADD:

Both Death and Medea are around, however for Invi it can also be a personal training/solo. However as the latest Fear update made so many changes, you can always handwave it as "a thing that happened."

Okay, I'm awful at wording - are all his attacks the same Tiers as the ones set out for Elder Horsemen?

(And of course. The harm is like Las Vegas with less chance of FEAR infections)  

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:04 pm
Seussi
Marushiix

Seussi

So just to clarify on the bite, that means that they can attack up to two targets for the (insert dice amount number here) turns, but only gain back a percentage of HP from target number one? (I'm assuming that's how it works but want to make sure just in case)

Correct.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:05 pm
demon_pachabel
Marushii
demon_pachabel

TO ADD:

Okay, I'm awful at wording - are all his attacks the same Tiers as the ones set out for Elder Horsemen?

(And of course. The harm is like Las Vegas with less chance of FEAR infections)

Yes.  

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100

poke mattix

Rainbow Lover

25,750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:42 pm
I has question <3 (that should of been asked when the booth was open BUT ANYWAY BD wink

Do boogeymen get to work with or fight against hunters? Can they jump to the human world to stop horsemen from noming on humans? Do they get to spy on horsemen stuff?

Do they sorta act like the halloween equivalent of Deus Ex?

marushii

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 136 137 138 139 140 141 ... 156 157 158 159 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games