Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 136 137 138 139 140 141 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:23 pm
Seichiro woke up, but he was still tired. Somehow, the day before took a toll on it's body. He groggily got ready for the events, trying his hair hastily and whatnot, then walked out of the Lion tent yawning and stretching. He walked to where the magistrates announced the events, and started to think hard on which to take. Well really, one was out: the drinking competition. No way he was going to compete in any competition with that hag in it. Either way, he was unsure.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:39 pm
@Crane Shenanigans

He smiled to himself and approached Seichero. "Good morning, Matsu-san. May I inquire what contest you're thinking of?"  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:04 pm
Seichiro raised his brow at Zanzen,'s cheery approach, but was mostly amused. "Zanzen-san." He would say, and nod. "I'm not sure which one I'm joining. Kemari sounds fun, though I've never tried it, and I'm certainly no artisan. I will NOT join the drinking competition. So I have 2 choices, from what I can see. Kemari, or art." Seichiro let out another yawn, scratching his shaggy, bearded jaw. "Zanzen-san. You have approached my with a smile on your face. What are you thinking? You usually don't seem too happy to see me. Usually."  
Raganui Minamoto rolled 6 10-sided dice: 9, 4, 8, 8, 10, 5 Total: 44 (6-60)
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:22 pm
@Crane/Lion Shenanigans

"The Artisan competition is meant to be done in a group. Unfortunately, my craft leaves few choices on others I can ask for assistance. There are only two I know of, and I was turned down by the other. Though, this may be an odd idea, a Matsu and a Kakita working together."

He took a step closer, lowering his voice. "Shall we test each other? We both are Artisans of the way of the Blade, are we not. Not a fight or duel but a martial performance. Almost a dance of forms and the shining metal of your blade. Unless you wish to back down."

Awareness/Etiquette 4k2 to try to make it seem like a challenge and not an insult.

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:01 pm
"Interesting. You'd be at an advantage, though, due to the fact that I know NOTHING of fine arts or crafts or what have you. Even if it's swordsmanship, I treat it is a way, not a craft. I accept, though, I'll partner up with you."  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:51 pm
@Crane/Lion Shenanigans

"Very well, I shall go sign us up and see if there they have any bokken and a dojo we may use to practice with till tonight."

Bowing to Seichero, he turned and went to sign them up and ask after his wished for supplies. Let them think what they would of it.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Psychofish rolled 2 10-sided dice: 8, 9 Total: 17 (2-20)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:42 pm
Denbe rose unsteadily, despite his proper reset the unusual schedule had him feeling uneven at first as the competitions were announced. And after them all, he had to take a time to think.

The Hare fully intended to see the Artisan competition. It sounded like a thing of wonder, and perhaps most competitive. He very much would like to attend that one and view the showings, but when the Hare sought a muse of his own... he found none.

His true temptation was simply to swear off his past night and join Kuni Raicho's competition. He was quite fond of her, and suspected she might at last be casual this once. If he had ever had a night to deserve drink after... well, last night was perhaps not his worst, but it was up there in deserving. It very much sounded a fun competition.

However, as much as he felt it would have been well to show himself succeeding in all realms, he knew he had nothing to offer the mental, and no chance of winning this social, and one victory there already under his belt. The games, however, Denbe felt practically assured of a victory in. He had not played Kemari much, or been especially fond of it, but he was good at it. And he knew if he could assure a second place at least, his place in the final competition, and duels, was entirely assured.

He would win this, then take the rest of the day to ready himself for tomorrow between his viewings of the other competitions.

[Denbe signs up for Kemari.]
[2k2 Void: 17]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:23 pm
@ Scorpion Shenanigans:

" 'We'? I'm under no obligation to speak to the Phoenix. I may be many things, but a shoulder to cry on or a confidant is not one of them. Anything I would have to say to them would only complicate their own matters further."

He paused, before adding further, "I recommend against asking Asako Sumi to play the part of Yogo. Mainly due to the original Yogo being a man. I do not think she would take too kindly to you making claims of their similarities."  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:55 pm
@ Crab Shenanigans:

The servants cringed at the sudden shouting of Kaiu Kagae, as if they were afraid he'd draw steel and cut them down for their insolence on the very spot!

When he did not, however, the quaking servants would begin to rush about with a little too much gusto, as if their very lives depended in satisfying the man. In fact, Maemi and Kinuyo seemed more than jealous at Kakuei's good fortune, as he rushed from the tent.

If left to her own devices, Maemi seemed to have difficulty getting the poles in place, even with Kagae's help. But she didn't seem to quit, despite her difficulties. Kinuyo would continue to sew, doing a half-decent job of doing so.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:59 pm
@ Crane/Lion Shenanigans:

If Zanzen wanted bokken, Doji Kita was ready to supply him with the items he and Seichiro would need.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:02 pm
@Scorpion Shenanigans

"Heh. It's not so much of a play that I'm thinking of, but a medley of themes that Maru-san can dance to... Maybe I should just cut to the quick and do something with Soshi-san and about Bayushi-kami and Shosuro. It's not as exciting about what I had in mind. I'll still want to talk to one of the Phoenix about possibly lending their input and aid to represent Shiba-kami somehow. He was Bayushi-kami's twin, you know. "

Kojiro resumed his walk. "If you have no interest in visiting the Phoenix with me, I guess you should go sign up. After I visit them, I should be heading on to the Dragons. I'm sure you'll want to see that conversation."  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:03 pm
@ Scorpion Shenanigans:

Naizen would bow his head slightly. "I will catch up, then," he replied, bowing his head slightly before heading to speak with Seppun Benjiro.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:23 pm
@Scorpion Shenanigans

With that done, Kojiro would approach the Phoenix tent and cautiously ask..."Good Morning. Is anyone in?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:22 pm
@Crab Shenanigan's

Kagae would help Maemi in putting up the poles to make sure they were done properly.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:12 pm
@ Scorpion Shenanigans:

"I'm sorry," a male voice would sound from within the tent. Isawa Sosuke stepped through the curtains, bowing his head.

"If you've come to offer condolences based on the unfortunate incident of last night, I'm afraid we are not welcoming visitors."  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 136 137 138 139 140 141 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games