Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 137 138 139 140 141 142 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Plainsfox rolled 8 10-sided dice: 8, 7, 6, 7, 6, 4, 9, 5 Total: 52 (8-80)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:21 pm
@Scorpion Shenanigans

Kojiro would bow deeply to Sosuke. "I see. It is truly tragic to see that one who bears the name of Doji-kami act so disrespectfully. If there is anything I can do for your sister, please let me know. The Scorpion would straighten.

"I actually came to ask if there was any interest in a project I was planning for the Craft competition, about Bayushi-kami. There was a strong Phoenix influence in his life, as Shiba-kami was his twin. I was wondering if one of you would care to help me represent that influence in a song/dance project?"

OOC:
Awareness/Courtier 5k3+3 dice for explosions
Penalties: +3 from wound
Raises called: 1 (To make the project sound fun and cool)
Results: 22  
Sutiiven rolled 2 10-sided dice: 10, 9 Total: 19 (2-20)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:21 am
Rain Yupa
DAY 5

Finally, Doji Kita would face the lot of you herself, nodding her head. "And now for the reason you're here so early. I have the Mental Competition this night, and tonight, it is an Artisan Competition. This one will be a group event, so scoring will be done slightly differently. You may compete in teams of any size, and everyone scores one point if they win; however, there will only be one winner. Paint me a picture, forge me a sword, sing me a ballad... as long as your muse inspires you, you may create for me! The extra time this morning is to allow people extra time to prepare or practice, so use your time wisely!"

She would clap her hands together, already excited for her event. "Any groups for my event, every member must be present when you register with me, so figure it out quickly! Have fun, everybody!"

Hisashi would hurriedly approach Doji Kita feeling a little late and sign himself up as a solo competitor for the Storytelling competition.

Raw Void Roll (2k2)
Result: 22  

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Sutiiven rolled 1 10-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-10)

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:22 am
Exploding Die.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:50 am
@ Scorpion Shenanigans:

"You all have done quite enough for my family. Good day," Sosuke would say, turning and re-entering the tent.

There would be some speaking from within the tent, and after another few moments, Asako Sumi would step forth, looking up at Kojiro. "I apologize on Sosuke-san's behalf. This is a trying and sensitive time for the siblings Isawa, and they don't need reminders of such. I overheard what you said about your plan, and I'm not sure any of us can help you. You see, none of us are skilled performers. Plus, I believe Sosuke and Toyoko plan on not entering the Artisan competition. I myself had planned to pair with Shinjo Gemmei to combine our talents for the written word, though I have not discussed the matter with her as of yet."  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox rolled 6 10-sided dice: 5, 9, 8, 1, 4, 10 Total: 37 (6-60)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:36 pm
@Scorpion Shenanigans

Kojiro bowed down to the woman that looked so much like his dear Rin-chan. He almost lost himself in the memories for a moment. Once he recovered, he tried to speak. "There is no need, Yo- Asako-san!" Kojiro cheeks turned red when he realized how close he came to uttering Rin's name. The samurai took a deep breath and focused himself as he straightened. "I think I understand how Isawa-san feels. If anything like that happened to my sister...."

He would disappear. None would ask where he went and he would be forgotten. Kojiro snirked inwardly as he let his words trail off.

Upon hearing Sumi's intentions, Kojiro would frown slightly. "It's all for the best then. I wish the both of you luck!" Kojiro would again bow politely and then would return to the Scorpion tent, as he felt time was growing short.

"Are you decent, Soshi-san?" Kojiro cautiously called inside.

OOC:
Void Point spent on countering Lost Love
Etiquette/Awareness to make sure that he really did wish them luck. >< (4k3) 2 dice to handle explosions
Penalties: +3
Results: 22  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:24 am
@ Scorpion Shenanigans:

"Oh, yes, just as decent as I was before, I'm afraid," Maru would respond through the tent. "I'm afraid a lady needs more than a few minutes for privacy. You'll understand, I hope, Kojiro-san."

It would be around this point that Naizen would begin a non-stealthy approach - not from the Magistrate's position, but from a position near the Dragon tent.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:01 am
@Scorpion Shenanigans

"Of course." Kojiro observed Naizen heading his way rather noticeably. "I just wanted to let you know that it's just you and I for the Crafts competition. If you're still in, I'll be back shortly and we can register. If not..." Upon recieving Maru's response, Kojiro would walk to Naizen.

"The Phoenix didn't pan out. Is something wrong with the Dragons, Naizen?"  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:32 am
@ Scorpion Shenanigans:

"You tell me. You wanted to speak to the Dragon, and I was on my way over there when I saw you back here. Has the plan changed?" Naizen would ask, seemingly annoyed.

"Naizen-san, when you're done, I need you for something," Maru would call out in an almost sing-song voice.

Naizen would stop, looking back and forth from the tent to Kojiro and back. He would gesture towards the tent with both hands, raising an eyebrow.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox rolled 4 10-sided dice: 10, 9, 3, 3 Total: 25 (4-40)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:42 am
@Scorpion Shenanigans

"Forgive me, Naizen. I had felt the rush of time and hoped that Maru-san would be ready to register. If you want to listen in, I will wait for you as you attend Maru-san. If not, I will go."

OOC:
Awareness/Etiquette
Raise: 1
Wound Penalty: 3
Results: 25  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:01 pm
@Crane/Lion shenanigans

He would bow to Doji Kita and leave, stopping for a moment to speak to Seichero. "Come, we have a place to prepare and equipment. He didn't wait for a response, instead heading off to gather the bokken and find an empty dojo, whistling to himself.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:50 pm
@ Scorpion Tent:

Naizen would look at Kojiro, then shake his head. "No, Maru-san said after, so we'll go see the Dragon contestants, as you planned. Maybe you can get one of them to tend to your wounds. How you're carrying on is shameful. Why you haven't gotten it treated yet is beyond me." He would then choose not to wait for Kojiro and begin leading the way to the Dragon tent.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:25 pm
@Scorpion Shenanigans

Kojiro nodded as he lead the way. "Let's hope their shugenja knows his craft better than their investigator. "

With that, Kojiro lead the way and called into the Dragon tent cheerfully. "Good Morning! Is anyone up in there?"  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:57 pm
@ Scorpion Shenanigans:

After a few moments of hearing the voice, Sozen would step through the door, tanto in hand. "It's about time you showed up. I half expected you to be here as soon as Lord Sun rose." Sozen would bring his blade up to his cheek, shaving off a bit of his stubble, a job that appeared to be half-done already.

"It seems you were right about the monk," Sozen would explain, almost solemnly. "He attacked our investigator when she confronted him. Though he returned her to our tent after she was defeated. She's not here presently, for she is checking into the fate of the Hare samurai that was with her."

Checking his reflection in the blade, he would sheath it temporarily. "My guess is that he realized that he would get caught if a Major Clan samurai went missing, and tried to cover his tracks with benevolence. It might be some time before whatever happened to the Hare is made public, however. Worst case scenario, we'll have to have the Eta begin digging up the entire compound to look for the body."  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:22 pm
@Scorpion Shenanigans

Kojiro nodded attentively to the report as he heard it."Wouldn't it be risky if Ujina-san disappeared? He is one of the top competitors at this event. His absence would be noted."

"I didn't get much sleep last night. My leg is still sprained from the poor dive I endured in the Athletics competition. Do you think Tamori-san could look at it? Soshi don't tend to be focused on healing that I've seen..."  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:20 pm
Though Denbe had no intentions of being antisocial, upon signing up for his event he returned to his tent to ready for it, as had been the case each day. He only passingly knew any of the major clan samurai, most of whom he had only interacted with during the competitions themselves. It was not as if he had never encountered them before, but it had been difficult to find grounds to interrupt their various daily rituals, separated into their respective clan tents often, though not always. He was not quite one of them, and he was certain some at least saw him as a competitor.

Friendly or not, Kojiro was among those who saw him very clearly as competition, he was certain.

He had shaved and stretched and readied himself over the long morning, so until the competition began, Denbe had removed ink and paper from his things and carefully set up to write. It was a little preemptive to write of the finals, but he was confident, especially given today. Otherwise, he wished to code in what little he had discovered and the ongoings, but where to start... was stumping him.  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 137 138 139 140 141 142 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games