Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 20. ✿ - - - Debating
What are your opinions on abortion? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hester Peche

Perfect Genius

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:17 am
joe_is_my_hubby
Hester Peche
joe_is_my_hubby
Hester Peche
joe_is_my_hubby

So another life should have to suffer because of what happened to you? Like I said, there is always adoption if you feel the need to give away a baby that reminds you of a horrible experience.

Actually, since most abortions are done in the first trimester, there isn't any suffering. If remember correctly pain receptors haven't formed yet.

It's basically no different than killing a virus or bacteria. I mean if your saying that "life is precious" then shouldn't that apply to all forms of life?

It doesn't matter. bacteria and viruses are totally different then a human baby.

How so? They are living organisms just like you or me.

And we deny millions of baby chicks their lives by eating them for breakfast...

A human life is much more benneficial then a chick. Bacteria (the ones that we kill) are harmful.

How so? Humans are pretty detrimental to the world. I mean we cause pollution, we kill eachother in wars...
And actually bacteria is beneficial, we use the pathogens to create cures.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:19 am
joe_is_my_hubby
Hester Peche
joe_is_my_hubby
Hester Peche
joe_is_my_hubby

So another life should have to suffer because of what happened to you? Like I said, there is always adoption if you feel the need to give away a baby that reminds you of a horrible experience.

Actually, since most abortions are done in the first trimester, there isn't any suffering. If remember correctly pain receptors haven't formed yet.

It's basically no different than killing a virus or bacteria. I mean if your saying that "life is precious" then shouldn't that apply to all forms of life?

It doesn't matter. bacteria and viruses are totally different then a human baby.

A human life is much more benneficial then a chick. Bacteria (the ones that we kill) are harmful.

For someone who is so pro-life, you sure don't act like it. So you're saying that human life matters above all living things?  

Rei Uchikino

Shuh-duh-fuh-cup

8,150 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:22 am
Rei Uchikino
joe_is_my_hubby
Hester Peche
joe_is_my_hubby
Hester Peche
joe_is_my_hubby

For someone who is so pro-life, you sure don't act like it. So you're saying that human life matters above all living things?

Pro-Life in the sense of abortion. I think it is wrong in all circumstances.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:23 am
I will always remain blurry on this subject.

I think women should not able to use abortion as a contraception, it is a form of murder.

HOWEVER, if the mother or baby's life is in danger somehow due to complications in the pregnancy, it is acceptable.

Also, I believe rape victims can abort. I am pretty sure I would, but who knows.

u nd i

Hester Peche

Perfect Genius

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:24 am
joe_is_my_hubby
Rei Uchikino
joe_is_my_hubby
Hester Peche
joe_is_my_hubby

So...only human life is sacred?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:25 am
joe_is_my_hubby
Rei Uchikino
joe_is_my_hubby
Hester Peche
joe_is_my_hubby

That doesn't really answer my question. Do you mean to say that you value human life above all living things? To be pro-life means that you value ALL life, not just human life.  

Rei Uchikino

Kid Generic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:26 pm
Its wrong...for me. But I would never let my personal belief stand in the way of someones choice.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:28 pm
joe_is_my_hubby
Rei Uchikino
joe_is_my_hubby
Hester Peche
joe_is_my_hubby

Pro-Life
Anti-choice in the sense of abortion. I think it is wrong in all circumstances.

Corrected.  

Kid Generic

Matron Mord Sith

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:39 pm
Touch_Me(Im_infected)
joe_is_my_hubby
Rei Uchikino
joe_is_my_hubby
Hester Peche
joe_is_my_hubby

Pro-Life
Anti-choice in the sense of abortion. I think it is wrong in all circumstances.

Corrected.

lmao  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:46 am
Hester Peche
joe_is_my_hubby
Hester Peche
joe_is_my_hubby
Hester Peche
joe_is_my_hubby

If someone is raped, yes it is a horrible experience, but you are getting the gift and joy of life! If you can't take care of the baby, then adoption is always available.

How can anyone view that as "joy", when something so precious is snatched away from the woman?
Rape is a very scarring expirence, that takes years upon years to heal from, if they heal at all.

Actually no. Unless the egg is fertilized, you're not denying anything. The yolk is just their food.  

Letter-W

Shy Star

Amarah Couture

5,150 Points
  • Member 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:01 am
User Image

I'm for abortion til week 40.
Anything can happen.
I've worked off and on at abortion clinics, so I've seen tons of reasons why people get them, and at all ages too!

Some people don't want an unwanted thing latching on, ******** their body up, and putting them in debt.

If you can't pay all that money plus the costs of the birth, and THEN deal with the kid- abort. It's easier on everyone.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:54 am
Abortion should be avoided whenever possible. However you slice it, it is the intentional taking of a human life. It may not be as morally reprehensible as infanticide, but it is still one person choosing to end the life of another human. That decision should never be taken lightly.

I never would fault a woman for choosing an abortion if there were no other way to save her own life, or if the burden of treating a high-risk pregnancy would put her other children at risk. Nor would I fault a woman who were pregnant through no fault of her own. Nor would I fault a woman whose baby had a zero percent chance of survival outside the womb.

However, I would find moral praiseworthiness in a woman who, even though she could choose to have an abortion, chose instead to carry the pregnancy as long as possible in an effort to be as good of a mother to her growing fetus as possible.

I also find morally praiseworthy the woman who, even if she does not desire to raise another child, carries the pregnancy to term and adopts out her baby to a woman who has been unable to conceive at all.  

jiarrah

Amarah Couture

5,150 Points
  • Member 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:47 am
jiarrah
Abortion should be avoided whenever possible. However you slice it, it is the intentional taking of a human life. It may not be as morally reprehensible as infanticide, but it is still one person choosing to end the life of another human. That decision should never be taken lightly.

I never would fault a woman for choosing an abortion if there were no other way to save her own life, or if the burden of treating a high-risk pregnancy would put her other children at risk. Nor would I fault a woman who were pregnant through no fault of her own. Nor would I fault a woman whose baby had a zero percent chance of survival outside the womb.

However, I would find moral praiseworthiness in a woman who, even though she could choose to have an abortion, chose instead to carry the pregnancy as long as possible in an effort to be as good of a mother to her growing fetus as possible.

I also find morally praiseworthy the woman who, even if she does not desire to raise another child, carries the pregnancy to term and adopts out her baby to a woman who has been unable to conceive at all.
User Image

So, just saying, if someone aborts- they aren't being a good mother?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:31 am
jiarrah

[url=http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/fb_induced_abortion.html]Guttmacher[/url]
The reasons women give for having an abortion underscore their understanding of the responsibilities of parenthood and family life. Three-fourths of women cite concern for or responsibility to other individuals; three-fourths say they cannot afford a child; three-fourths say that having a baby would interfere with work, school or the ability to care for dependents; and half say they do not want to be a single parent or are having problems with their husband or partner.

Women don't just get abortions on a whim. Don't act like that's the case. stare

jiarrah

So... what's the difference between a fetus conceived through consensual sex and a fetus conceived through rape? As in, if I showed you two ultrasounds, how would you tell which is which?

jiarrah

The bolded makes this comment really weird. Next time just say 'to term'; 'as long as possible' makes it sound like you're advocating her getting a late-term abortion. Which is a terrible idea; late-term abortions are much more likely to have complications.

I also personally think that there's more to being considered a good mother than just having the kid, but that's a different topic entirely.

jiarrah

What about the hundreds of thousands of kids already in the adoption system?  

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

XHarmony_The_KH_LoverX

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 2:32 pm
I'm against abortion. No matter how you look at it, you're killing another human. And your own child. I could never live with myself if I did that.  
20. ✿ - - - Debating

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff