Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
Its time for "Reviews of movies i rented" (my opinions) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should i keep doing this?
  Yes
  Nah
View Results

Saintsage777

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:53 pm
" American dragons" crime/action (short review)

A movie that takes place in 1998 but looks like it was filmed in 94. Its a typical movie 2 unlikely cops partner up, both with revenge in the,. Its basically them taking on a italian mob and the Yakuza.

Its nothing special sadly its decent, a good movie to watch to pass the time but thats about it. 3/5  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:47 am
Saintsage777
"Pineapple Express" ill be hated for this. Yes a good stoner flick, great casting but. I thought it was bad (my opinion only) There was maybe 2 or 3 moments to laugh or chuckle at. But mostly it was just oddness and gay toning. Yes i said it alot of vary gay lines (not gay as in stupid i mean gay as in expecting the guys to kiss eachother gay) which i though of alot. The ending itself left a question or 2 and the "best bud" thing dear god i just expected them to openly make out or something it was that awkward. -sighs- I thought it was overhyped again just my opinions

i agree with this.
I really didnt think pineapple express was funny or a good movie for that matter.
honestly, it seemed like the "guys kind of movie", like stuff more guys would laugh at then girls  

deceasedwolf1

Saintsage777

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:43 pm
i might be "bumping" this so it stays up for awhile but right now i dont have a source for movies so i will have to dig deep for something. I dont know what i will pull out......Oh maybe Silent Hill.....yeaaaa alright thats the next movie review.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:09 pm
I can see how people might not be into There Will Be Blood, but I personally loved this movie. I thought it was great. I'm hoping to find the time to read the book it was based off of.  

DeathByCelery

Saintsage777

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:24 pm
Most of my reviews are in "the average joe" point of v iew but some i go into my view...thats why cloverfield was a 4part review i hated it so much i had to do it mostly from my view.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:53 pm
"Silent Hill" Horror/ Movie based off of a video game

I am not sure to review it as a video game brought to a movie? Or just as a horror movie itself...

Anyway, The movie revolves around a woman (because not much horror movies has the guy as a surviving main character.) And she is looking for her daughter. Then she meets a cop and explors silent Hills history and finds out about a cult. And this girl that was killed was just like her daughter.

Then Pyramid head comes around and has a badass scene where it takes a womans clothes off ^-^ then takes her skin off O.O and kills her. The woman solves this mystery brings right into the world. And, (heres the twist) she goes home with her daughter and it shows her husband at home....They realize that they are in a alternate version of their home.

WHY??? it doesnt really show or explain. And it cues the credits......urgh where do I begin? If you have played the game then heres another game, take a shot whenever something was not or was changed from the game. How so? Well in the game...its a man looking for his daughter. Pyramid head does not come until the second game.

Yes there were cults But the way it was done in the movie was different from the same. The ending scene...errr never happened in the game and i have no idea why it was there.

Now as a horror movie in itself it had some typical elements that was just stupid. But with the graphics and the story itself. Made the movie...somewhat decent. It was not too terrible as a movie itself. Though the ending still sucked.

As a movie based off of a video game...lets face it most movies like that ARE bad. There was..maybe 1 or 2 that was actually good or decent enough...This was not one of them. I mean yes Pyramid Head. Was great, and has a sword that can make Sephy ( Yes i call him that...) hesitant when fighting. But hes not supposed to be in this movie.

All and All...and yes this is tough, it had some decent things, and as a Horror Movie itself it was meh..alright..ish. But its off of a video game and well people suck with making it from a video game into a movie. Which I do not know why...no thats a rant for some other time.

I want to give this a 3/5 Because as a Horror it was mildly decent. Would I recommend it? If you have nothing to do and never played the gamed then SURE go right ahead. Otherwise i say...meh to it.  

Saintsage777

Saintsage777

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:34 am
Think i gave too much credit or not enough credit to a movie? Well quote a review and say YOUR rating (out of 5) ?/5 and give a reason for it...like Silent hill if u think it should be a 2/5 quote the review say what u think it should be and why.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:20 pm
Coming soon "the gift"  

Saintsage777

LunaSoulKeeper

4,650 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:51 pm
Saintsage777
"Jumper" action/adventure

It had decent casting but its mainly known for "MOTHER F#C*!NG SAMUEL L. JACKSON"! As the villain. But lets delve into this movie.

It starts as David falls into a river and discovers that he can teleport (awesome)
So he moves out, finds a place of his own, and robs a bank....yep...then Samual Jackson comes in and investigates. Cut to 8ish years later.

David is doing fine, traveling the world, stealing things. Everything is fine untill his past catches up to him. Samuels character is a man who will stop at nothing, even killing others to kill a jumper. Hes a hunter who kills jumpers so David has to escape but the GENIUS he is ends up bringing his old lover into this battle with him.

So its typical he is exeptional and uses his power for good and yeah.

The ending im not a fan of but he doesnt kill the villian and his mom is A F*CK!NG B!TCH A C#NT if you will. But he gets the girl teleports out and cue the credits.

Alright the graphics are good, nice views of the different lands that he has traveled in. The casting is decent but...its average, a nice rent, watch it with the family or friends. but yeah all and all...3/5

Liked the asspect of teleporting but I thought the acting was a too methodly placed and didn't have enough support to back anything up. I'm tired of seeing S.L.J. in every stinkin movie. It kinda reminded me of a bad chick flick like the "Notebook" 2/5 rating from me  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:11 pm
I'm tired of seeing S.L.J. in every stinkin movie. It kinda reminded me of a bad chick flick like the "Notebook" 2/5 rating from me

Never seen it all i know is its most of my friends fav or romance fav movie...something about love and the girl has amnesia...or something.  

Saintsage777

Saintsage777

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:24 pm
Suggestion...

If you are into video games if you like strangeness and bizare things if you like movies ..then..

Youtube...go and search for We_Are_The_Strange or go to the movies section and it might be under scifi or another catagory. Done by Mdotstrange  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:21 am
Coming soon....errrrr something....hook, or resident evil:degeneration.  

Saintsage777

Saintsage777

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:18 am
Btw i am turning my rant.review of cloverfield into a video for my youtube...my account is saintsage777 on it...  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:35 am
HOOOOOOOK! (action/family/fantasy)

This is a childhood movie of mine and I love it. this is in a way a sequal to the Peter Pan story. Robin Williams plays Peter who sees Wendy become a old woman. But marries her daughter.

He then has kids hes an adult with a family, and a dog. And all is well...untill Hook comes to kidnap them. BTW at this point since he left Neverland, he has no memory of his past self.

So he goes after them with the help of Tinkerbell played by Julia Roberts. He is found by the lost boys.User Image no not those lost boys. Anyway it then goes into how some dont think he is, they test him, then they try to being him back to his former self.

While this is going on Hook tries to make Peters son his own son. And is still driven insane by the clock noise. So peter comes back fights hook. Hook err dies?? we arn't sure see Hook killed the Cros who chased him at the end of Peter Pan. Hook makes this croc into a clocktower.

Near the end the Croc statue falls on him trapping him in it's mouth. So we don't know what happened. As usual they all lived a happy ending.

Now this was made by Steven Spielberg. Wait no alians in this one? SHOCKING....anyway great for children and family it's not a Disney movie but it might as well be. I loved it and would recommend it. Action fantasy, humor, a Sexy Julia Roberts. all and all i give this movie a 5/5. BUY IT RENT IT WATCH IT!  

Saintsage777

JJELRIC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:57 pm
couldntve said it better with "There will be blood" XD  
T3h Movie World

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items