Welcome to Gaia! ::

THoR

Back to Guilds

Freeform RP and general place to hang out! 

Reply Role Play Archival (Completed or "On Hiatus" RPs)
Memories Lost Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 33 34 35 36 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GamingLord
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:58 pm
Tiamos: "Hehe, it tastes better when it's properly seasoned."

*As it turns out, they had guest fireproof swimsuits, and loaned one to Black. Tiamos reached over for the book Black had choosen from her collection.. it was kept safe by a fire-proofing charm, so it wouldn't burst into flames.*

Xylanthos: "Yes, this is definitely one of the perks of being a soul guider..."

*Xylanthos let himself sink up to his chin in the fiery stuff, a calm expression on his face. When Black asked about the bite mark, he glanced over*

Xylanthos: "It looks healed to me... just a little pink. So, what book are we reading?"  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:48 pm
Inazuma wasn't very good at blocking things out of her mind once they had the ability to get into it (some demons that have tried might have found her to be rather dense, but most human beings could be considered this). The addition of the mind grub wasn't helping the situation and every now and then she would pick up very minor glimpses of what was going through Rosemary's mind.

It was definitely disorienting, but it gave her an appreciation for what the vampire was going through. She was busy chopping a path through the abandoned that had almost literally crawled out of the woodwork at them and was forever grateful for the brief moment of clairvoyance that Rosemary had about the tunnel she was thinking of taking.

After doing an about face, she grabbed whoever she could carry and made a rapid dash towards the tunnel that would lead them out.  

Inazuma Sky

GamingLord
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:21 pm
*As they ran, Thas carefully used a bit of his energy to make Rosemary's mind less chaotic so she could think clearly again.*

Jacob: "If you're going to fire at them, aim for their bellies! It's less dangerous that way!"

*Bursts of flame burned holes through the small demons, causing them to fall to the ground and wail pitifully as they died... the sight was unnerving. Aside from trying to kill them all, they acted a little too much like human babies.*

*CREEEEEEEAAAAAAK*

*The abandoned had decided to retreat at that noise, for the most part... A few giggled childishly as they spat their acids at the tunnel's walls. The group only had a split second to wonder what the sound was, and why the abandoned began to act oddly. The tunnel split in two, and everyone found themselves sliding out, and falling. It all happened so fast... those with flight abilities couldn't react quick enough, and they all were plunged into deep icy water.*

GL:... Euuugh.. that smell... Is this a se... Nevermind, I don't want to think about it...  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:40 pm
*Rosemary was about to suggest they let her stop and flap her wings to try to blow the abandoned out of the tunnel they were currently in and create a sort of wind tunnel effect, but they fell down into the hole. She was rather grateful that breathing was not required for her.* Dash it all...no vay I could haf detected zat...

*When she felt she could trust herself to not be restrained she said,* You can put me down Boss. I don't think I'm going to lash out at anyone now. Promise. *She grinned with all her temporarily sharp pointy teeth and crossed her fingers as she said this. She had found a nickname for Thas..."Boss." She was told to think of this angel thing as a job and if that's the case it made Thas a sort of boss to her... not that she was going to listen to everything he said. if she said "Boss" rather whimsically. That whole phrase was said in a tone that sounded rather sarcastic in both a negative and positive way. *

*When Thas carefully sat her down, she looked around. The place kinda reminded her of a place Black had described inside the arena when she had almost got killed by a plague goblin.* Hmm... *She looked at all the ways they could go and tried to detect a breeze from any of them... a breeze could mean a way out, some huge creature breathing, or a fan somewhere. Eventually she pointed at one of the possible ways to go.* Zere's a faint breeze coming from zat tunnel, but I'm not sure eef zat eventually gets us out of here...

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100

Sephiroth-sama

Crew

Determined Conqueror

11,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:46 pm
*I feel like a mouse in a maze. Sephiroth thought to himself, but everyone else probably heard it.*  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:06 am
Inazuma had actually grabbed GL on her way out into the tunnel that had collapsed, and suddenly she found herself trapped underneath him, under what felt like water. It took a while the push him out of the way and break the surface, where she took a deep breath and imediatly wished that she didn't.

Gods! That's disgusting!

She broke into a coughing fit and fought just to keep her head above... whatever the hell the liquid they wre swimming in.  

Inazuma Sky

GamingLord
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:27 pm
GL: It'll probably beat wading around in this slop anyway... Eugh, the smell...

*There was another loud moan..... metal being stressed. Everyone looked up cautiously, unable to tell where exactly it was coming from as small bits of debris and dirt splashed into the less than sanitary waters*

Jacob: Well if we're going that way, let's be quick about it!

*Everyone scrambled into the new tunnel. Only about a minute later, a good chunk of the ceiling came down in that room, along with several heavy looking pipes. Something screeched as it's black guts were splattered on the walls, crushed by one of the heavy pipes.*  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:48 pm
*Rosemary tapped on the wall of rubble that blocked their way back into that room... the falling of the ceiling had probably opened it up so they could have gone back into the tunnel they were going that lead out, but* No going back zat vay... at least for you. *If she so desired she could have gone through he walls and got out, but she wasn't exactly going to leave them either.*

Eztli please humor me und douse your vings. Please continue to keep yours out too Inazuma. Eztli I'm not sure if your vings actually burn vhat's around you, but zere might be flammable gas in here und I doubt anyone vants an accident to happen. Doez anyone know a light spell or do our packs contain flashlights, glowing crystals, or glow sticks?

*When Eztli complied the tunnel became almost completely dark save for the glow from the reapers' and Sephiroth's eyes. Rosemary's had stopped glowing or maybe what was seen earlier was a trick of the light. Rustling noises could be heard as Rosemary looked through her pack for something that could give off light. She found a flashlight that's powered by shaking it a little. She shook it and turned it on and handed it to someone. She went through the other packs and got out glowing crystals and other things. If anyone casted a light spell she told them to save their energy.*

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100

Inazuma Sky

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:23 pm
Inazuma was leaning against the wall when she was told to hide her wings. Even though she didn't want to be stuck in the dark she was happy to follow Rosemary's instruction. She was getting tired and dropping anything that would require her energy at the moment seemed like a good idea.

She thought of the energy potions that she had when she first arrived in Limbo, and suddenly thought that those were a good idea. She didn't know if anyone had one, but those that were listening into the group mind would have known that was what she needed if she were to continue and be worth a damn.

When she saw the glowing eyes of those who had them, she chuckled and the word "flashlights" rang in their minds. The word was then quickly followed by an "oh s**t, I forgot that I could do that."  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:29 pm
GamingLord
Tiamos: "Hehe, it tastes better when it's properly seasoned."

*As it turns out, they had guest fireproof swimsuits, and loaned one to Black. Tiamos reached over for the book Black had choosen from her collection.. it was kept safe by a fire-proofing charm, so it wouldn't burst into flames.*

Xylanthos: "Yes, this is definitely one of the perks of being a soul guider..."

*Xylanthos let himself sink up to his chin in the fiery stuff, a calm expression on his face. When Black asked about the bite mark, he glanced over*

Xylanthos: "It looks healed to me... just a little pink. So, what book are we reading?"

*Black wasn't entirely sure if it would be a good idea for her to actually try to eat the stuff.* Okay. *She sank in to her nose and then came up before replying.* The one I brought to read to myself as a bedtime story... Peter Pan. *She hadn't really brought many books because she knew they had a large library and figured she could find something from there. The only other one she had brought with her was an heirloom that she had.*  

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100

Sephiroth-sama

Crew

Determined Conqueror

11,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:46 pm
*Sephiroth eyes showed amusement as he laughed in their heads at the flashlight comment. He handed her one of the drinks she had desired. He actually had stolen a few of those out of the fridge before they left. GL usually kept the thing stocked because the reaper knew Black liked the taste and of course for his use especially during the cold season.*  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:18 pm
*After a few twists and turns, the group came to the source of the wind... a giant fan, slowly rotating behind a metal grate. From there, three paths were open to them.*

GL: Well... crap. Which way do we go now?

*Air seemed to be flowing out from the ones in the middle and to the left. The other had no such breeze, but Rosemary could make out the sound of dirt hitting metal in the distance. Perhaps it was a pipe that lead to the outside?*

*Their pondering was cut short as something screamed, followed by an explosion. The middle tunnel light up for a moment, as something came flying at their feet, landing in a burnt pile. It was a torso, with dark yellow skin... the head had four black eyes, and a mouth full of sharp, small teeth in several rows. It's remaining arm twitched.. it was long and muscular, with only three digits on it's hand.*

*In fact... Rosemary had seen this creature before... in a video game during the festival of souls... it was a war game, now that she remembered it. The villians had been referred to as...*

Eztli: "s**t... Inakum. Oh hell, what are they doing HERE!?"

Jacob: "Well... this certainly explains why we haven't come across many niearcim mages or demons..."  

GamingLord
Vice Captain

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:08 pm
*Rosemary stared down at the creature. She sensed a lot of hostility and the images she allowed herself to get from it weren't friendly. Once it recovered it planned to do many horrible acts to them. So much for the enemy of my enemy is my friend. They wouldn't help them. Especially with the reapers who tend to thwart them in their endeavors at times.

Why were they just standing there looking at it? Did no one know that it was still alive? Or maybe they didn't do much of anything because it was helpless and it wouldn't be honorable to put it out of their misery in it's current state. She knew Sephiroth probably didn't recognize the creature and maybe thought it was dead or dieing and was just twitching like a freshly killed lobster limb put into a pot of boiling water. She put the top of her foot on part of it's head while her heal remained on the ground. Dirty work...always the dirty work. Shooting it might make too much noise. She raised that leg and slammed her foot through its head. One part done. Next she went to the exposed part of the torso, the sweet scent of its blood filled her nostrils, and reached her hand in it and ripped out what was left of its other brain.

She wiped her hands on it. Then she was curious about something. It's strengths, it's weaknesses... She punched it's chest and only heard a faint crack and decided that punching it there would never be worth it except to maybe get it to back off. It wouldn't damage it much and would probably take a consistent pounding to even really hurt it. Of course she also discovered that the game wasn't kidding about the thing. She reached inside it and attempted to bend and break its spine with her bare hands.* Oh ho. Zomething I can't break. *She was actually slightly amazed and amused by this since she rarely finds anything she can't easily break or smash up and those seemed to momentarily dominate the concern.*

*She stood up and started to lick the blood from her hands.* I'll go ahead since I can make myself practically invisible and you stay here while I scout. *She moved in the direction of the pipe the creature came down from, opened her wings, and vanished into thin air. Moving like this was much faster than her slow moving mist anyways.

The outside had dust kicked up from the battle, which would work to their advantage when they tried to get out without being noticed. She took note as to where who was where and a probable way they could go that might change the moment she got back down. She went back down and brushed past them to see where the other two pipes went. When she got back...* I'm going to appear now, zo don't stab me out of surprise or something.

*She appeared right in front of them and hid her wings as soon as she was able to. She drew a rectangle on the wall.* Let's pretend this is the field. All three pipes lead out. Ze middle one leads close to what I guess iz ze center of ze battle. I don't recommend going up zat one. Ze other two... one leads away from it, but it also puts us in the side that is in the opposite direction of where we are going...zo ve vould be doing a long detour to get back on track and to avoid it... Ze other one...vell it is not in the most fierce of areas. There iz much dust kicked up zough zo eef ve hang low to ze ground ve might avoid being zeen. You decide vhich vay ve go.*She really wished she could give them some of her vampire abilities sometimes or that she could make them more useful to them...it would make things so much easier.* I could also try to become a thick fog to help hide you, but you'd have to stay very close together for zat.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:02 pm
Suddenly everyone was speaking Greek to her. She had no idea what an "Inakum" was, but she knew that if it could make Eztli curse after all that he's been through, that these probably weren't a good thing. An idea of about how tough these things were made itself apparent after Rosemary's precautions and statement about something that she couldn't break.

Inazuma was about to ask Rosemary a question on how she knew what to do with these things when she took of down the hallway, wearing a set of barely visible wings that she didn't know the vampire had. There was an odd familiarity to them and she found herself needing to know if they were once Kaze's.

She turned to Sephiroth, who was standing closest to her and just pointed down the pipe that Rosemary had disappeared down.

"Was she always able to do that?" she whispered the question at the much taller man before practically jumping out of her skin by the subject in question's sudden return.

it wasn't so much that Rosemary had startled her, but rather that the telepathic warning in her head suddenly reminded her that the party had a good chance of hearing her thoughts - as was evidenced by the flashlights comment. She suddenly felt kind of bad for her suspicions since she was not informed about this fact.

The panic of the situation seemed to stave off as Rosemary jumped straight into the reports of what she's seen. Inazuma could only guess that the vampires self-assigned mission had become important enough for her to not have noticed. Which was good because it allowed Inazuma to ask about it at a better time. For now she focused on the diagram and pondered.

To be honest... I think it might be best to take the route that leads away from the battle just because there are so few of us. In the past we had help from Limbo's soldiers, but not now.

She paused and took a deep breath in order to try to pull words out of the jumbled mess of thoughts that ran through her mind and she turned to Jacob.

Do you know another way of getting where we need to go without having to go through that mess?

She hated to admit that their time restriction on this mission was beginning to get the better of them, but that was slowly starting to become the truth. It was starting to seem more and more like they really shouldn't have come here in secret like they have, but they had progressed far enough along that it would be just as dangerous to go back... that and she wanted GL to succeed.  

Inazuma Sky

GamingLord
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:11 pm
*Jacob sighed, a bit of frustration noticable in his features*

Jacob: I'm afraid not, we're running blind down here. I've never been in this part of Ni'Jitogrimiz before. Never knew it even existed. Worse still, the niearcim may have moved their ceremony into the actual city due to the Inakum. We're going to have to travel into the heart of that city, and dig up some information... That won't be easy. I can disguise myself as a lower mage, and snoop around. But it's risky.

GL: This... This is just getting more dangerous. It's... "We should go back. Wait until next year. It'd be somewhat safer then, right"

Jacob: I wouldn't be so sure of that. I've studied a bit on how the inakum work, and... they actually may have a chance to crush the Niearcim. We can't be guaranteed that the mage that cursed you will even be alive later if their battles get too fierce.

*The sound of metal stepping on metal made all of them pause. It was distant, coming from the same pipe the inakum corpse tumbled through. A woosh of some sort, then metal. Woosh, metal. The group scrambled to hide in one of the other pipes.*

*Some sort of robot or droid came into view, moving on all fours. It had boosters on it's back feet, enabling it to make rapid jumps through the tunnel. Stopping at the mutilated inakum corpse, it reached it's hands into the body. The sound of various tools in it's hands could be heard at work, shifting around organs, prodding at the remains. Seconds later, a second droid came down the tunnel. It was best described as some sort of strange crab/spider looking hybrid. Coming up to the body, it produced several buzzsaw like attachments and began to cut up the remains into smaller chunks. It stored these somewhere on it's being, and both droids went back the way they came.*

*When they came out of hiding, all that remained of the inkaum was a pool of drying blood, splatters on the walls from the "surgical procedure", and small bits of gristle.*

Eztli: The longer but safest route sounds good to me...

*It was settled then. Even if the second safest route had little activity, it was still an unnecessary risk. As they continued on, the reapers shared all they knew about the Inakum with the others. How they have two brains... one for thinking, and a secondary as a backup that's also in charge of tissue regeneration. That simply destroying their head wouldn't be enough to kill them. How their "scouting parties" were still powerful enough to take on entire armies. Of their many strengths, and few weaknessess. They even enlightened Rosemary on a number of subjects, since she hadn't been able to learn everything about them from the game she had played, aside from how to kill them efficiently. Aside from crushing the brains, you also want to make sure the Inakum wasn't growing a fetus clone in it's womb organ. Otherwise it would emerge from the corpse later to kill you.*

GL: I remember from my history lessons, they're NEVER alone. If there isn't another inakum around, there's going to be at least a couple of droids in the area. Medical support, scavangers, "fodder-droids", or the worst, the ones meant for destruction and demolition. Their tech is supposed to be almost as good as Limbo's, if not a little better in some areas. Probably helps that they don't have much in the way of ethics and morals slowing down their learning...

Eztli: Never thought I'd see one in person, really. They've only been to Limbo once, and that was well over a thousand years ago.

GL: Yeah, didn't they cause the "sunken city" to be that way during their attack?

Eztli: Not too sure... you know our history records are messed up. Could've been demons, Inakum... who knows.  
Role Play Archival (Completed or "On Hiatus" RPs)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 33 34 35 36 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games