Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
:.: Abigail's Nine :.: {Accepting/Open} Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:47 pm
Mark gave Miranda a little shrug. "Or else it'll change," he said absently. "Cyb says she doesn't always see things the same way every time. It's not impossible that she didn't see him that time."

"And I will not be repeating the experiment," said Cybil firmly. "At least, not right now. Maybe later, if we absolutely need to know how he affects us."

Mark gave her an understanding look. He had seen Cybil go through her visions plenty of times, and it was why he'd always gone to her when he'd felt the dark gaze of the Others. She knew. And she trusted him because she knew he knew.

It was an odd relationship, but it worked for them.

Shaking his head to marshal his easily-distracted thoughts, he gave a little shrug. "I don't think we need to know just now. I mean, if Cybil knows where to find him..." He trailed off shyly.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:59 pm
User Image
The tiger that shouldn't be....is....

Miranda considered Mark's words and nodded. "That's entirely possible too." She shrugged lightly. "Might as well just wait and see what happens. Like Mark said, Cybil knows were to find him if we need him. Why go through torture if you don't have to?" She asked rhetorically. She'd seen Cybil having a vision before and didn't want to make the girl do that again, not if she didn't have to. It didn't look fun. Certainly it wasn't always fun for herself, but she had it much milder than the blonde girl did.

User Image
The tiger that should be....isn't....

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:23 pm
Cybil's lips twitched slightly. "Maybe I'm a masochist," she replied. "You can't prove I'm not." Abruptly becoming serious, she rested her cheek on her upturned palm. "If it looks like we have to know what he's needed for and right away, I'll do it again. I don't want to if I don't have to." She closed her eyes. "It's hard."

Mark looked at her sadly, but rather adroitly changed the subject. "So if we do need him, what will we do? I mean...he doesn't look very...cooperative," the boy fumbled. "I guess...I don't know..."

He looked around with hopeful eyes, rather like a puppy begging for a scrap. Cybil, sunk momentarily in reverie, was no help.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:30 pm
User Image

Miranda covered a small smile but nodded. No sense doing something like that unless they had to. She glanced at Mark as he changed the subject suddenly. "I....don't know." She murmured. How'd you convince Cybil not to just throw you out?" She asked, honesty curious besides searching for answer. The blonde didn't exactly seem like the most cooperative. She herself had mostly just sort of shocked Cybil into agreeing.

User Image

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:54 pm
Mark smiled weakly. "Actually, she found me," he said offhandedly. "I wasn't in any shape to do any convincing back then."

Cybil shrugged. "I was trying to figure out what I wanted to do with my life. Just got here after I...left home. I met Mark at a..." she trailed off. "Well, I met him. And then I started having visions, and every vision had him in it. So I started hanging out with him. He spent some time here after I got my apartment." She looked at him, and her eyes were gentle. Like a sister's.

Mark took up the tale. "Then I started feeling the dark things, but I felt safer when I was here. So I came over more often."

Cybil turned to Miranda. "Which led to the results you see today. And now there are three of us - but please God there are more, because I don't think three is enough."  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:01 am
User Image

"Really now? That's interesting." Miranda murmured thoughtfully. How odd. It seemed ms. rough-and-tough Cybil did indeed have a gentler side. "I hope there's more too. But you're the better one to ask about that." She pointed out to the other girl. "You see the future. I only see what's happening right now, unless I'm really trying." If she put her mind to it, she could sometimes scry the future or past but it wasn't a guarantee. "I wonder if I could scry Abigail though......" She murmured as the thought occurred to her. "I wonder if there's something there that would show who she passed her powers to. If we knew the ancestor, that might be something at least. Somewhere to start." She wasn't entirely certain of what she was talking about. Mostly she was just thinking aloud, as was her habit.

User Image

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:33 pm
Cybil looked uncomfortable at Miranda's reaction. She was on the edge of lashing out about it when Mark gave her that imploring look that always made her simmer down again. "I can try and see who else we're looking for," she muttered reluctantly. "But it could change. It's fallible. I don't know. It seems like a waste of time."

Mark, however, was nodding. Instead of Cybil's implicit agreement, he was talking about it straight out. "That sounds like an idea, Miranda, if you think you can manage it," he offered, giving her a quick, shy smile. He seemed back under control of himself again, but now they all knew how easy it was for him to pull a mood swing. "We could look. There's no way to know for sure which of the descendants got the powers. But you're right. It's a start."

He hesitated, took a short, shallow breath, and then offered timidly, "I could...try to...help?"

That was right. Mark could occasionally see people and places. Static and fixed. And considering that he was an artist...  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:54 pm
Miranda smiled at Mark. "Any little thing would help, I bet. Who knows. If we each find a tiny piece, together it could be the vital link." She had a determinedly optimistic nature, preferring to look on the bright side. She looked from Mark to Cybil, then took a deep breath. "Well? Should we start now or was there something else you two wanted to do first?" She asked hesitantly, not wanting Cybil to feel like Miranda was ordering her around.  

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

XMiichi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:44 pm
[ OOC: Sorry, guys, I've been pretty busy with school lately. I sort of forgot about everything else. ;X
If either of you two have any way of contacting/bugging me through AIM or Yahoo!IM, that would probably get me to the roleplay faster.
I suppose I'll post something in a bit, after I refresh my memory.
]  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:04 pm
User Image

→ Ʀ ɛ ɴ ▪ L u o ɴ ɠ ↓
the c o l dXt e e n a g e r

□□□□□□□□□□Hoω мαиу мoяз tιмзs ωιll I hαvε тo tяу...

X X X After handing back the change to the girl, he drifted back into his thoughts. As usual, his thoughts wandered, with no definite path, not definite beginning. Even he were unsure of his mind sometimes. Whenever he snapped back to reality, it would seem as if his mind almost completely blanked out. There was always the vision of light. "Why the light?" he'd sometimes wonder. It'd always been like this, since he were at a young age.

X X X He shrugged it off and yawned with a stretch of arms. Rubbing his eyes, he got ready to rest his head against the table for some quick eyeshut before the next customer would arrive.

X X X Ring! Ring!

X X X Ren clenched his teeth. Oh, how he hated talking to people. There were people he'd never meet, those he would encounter over and over again, people with secrets he'd choose to stay away from. Among the people would be kindhearted, cruel, or just somewhere-in-between people. He hated not knowing someone, yet also disliked the idea of getting to know someone.

... βεfoяε му hopεs cαи tяυlу flу αgαιи?□□□□□□□□□□

XMiichi

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:16 pm
((OOC: Hey, Miichi!
I'll be honest - not quite sure how to get you back into the swing here, so feel free to try whatever.))

Cybil shot Miranda a sidelong grin - the blonde knew exactly what the other girl was up to. "You guys go ahead and do your thing. I'm going to boot up the computer again and see what I can figure out."

She went back to the computer, leaving Mark and Miranda sitting on the bed.

The boy turned quiet eyes to Miranda and smiled nervously. "So...what do we do? Just try it individually, and...go from there?"

He had almost never used this power before. At least, not deliberately. He wasn't quite sure what to do, and was amenable to being led.

Hopefully Miranda didn't mind leading.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:57 am
(>.>...<.<.....and so...I post )

Elodie walked out of the hospital using her usual side door and walked up the small paved ramp to exit the slightly depressed parking level. She blinked as she came out from under the shade of the overhang and took a deep breath of fresh air. Crossing the street she went to the corner and leant on a telephone pole to change out of her hospital shoes. She put them in her bag and switched to her slip ons for the rest of the walk home.

She'd dump the whole bag in the wash once she got there then head straight for the shower. Her Aunt Marion said it was one of her oddities, but Elodie hated the thought of carrying the illnesses she dealt with on a daily basis home with her. She'd seen what goes on a hospital floor.

The girl's mahogany ponytail bounced behind her as she walked through a park, afternoon joggers passing her by noting yet another young looking girl toting an oversize reusable shopping bag. Though her outfit of leggings and an oversize large necked t shirt did wonders to separate her from the short shorts and flip flop breed.

Walking another few blocks, the girl came to a street lined with lovely and respectably priced apartment buildings. She walked to the largest of them all, a red brick that curved gracefully around the corner. It sprouted black iron railings with just a touch of curl for the balconies of each apartment; with double doors leading off of them to their interiors.

Elodie entered past the doorman, who worked during the day-otherwise she'd of had to key in- and made sure to use the buildings sanitizer before getting in the elevator and heading to the third floor.

The elevator was quiet and fast,and dinged demurely when it arrived, stopping with that small belly lifting feeling Elodie secretly enjoyed jumping with. Forgoing the usual jump though, as she'd worked for 18 hours straight, Elodie merely keyed her way in.

She tossed her bag in the laundry, and as she had the luxury of knowing no one was home, tossed in her other clothes as well then headed for the shower, brushed her teeth while there, and passed out in bed.

Zetao

Beloved Dabbler

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:37 pm
((OOC: And there's the first thing about this RP - it moves slowly. Don't worry about bumping it too much; it tends to find its own way back up.))  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:59 am
User Image

((I have it saved into my quick links so I never lose it. Same with Song of the Siren.))

"Alright." Miranda murmured sheepishly, knowing Cybil had caught her. She moved to sit on the bed beside Mark, digging through her backpack. "I guess so. I don't know any way to combine powers, so individually it is." She pulled out a sketchbook protector. What she slid out of the stiffened leather though was not a sketchbook. Rather, it was a crystal sheet, slightly smaller than an average sized piece of paper and smoky white. The sheet was perfectly smooth on both sides, polished to a gleam.

She glanced at Mark hesitantly. "I bought this when I realized that sometimes I do need to use my powers. And while plain glass or water will work, neither is as good as a nice crystal." She explained shyly. She sat crosslegged, settling the crystal sheet on her lap. She forced herself to relax, taking deep breaths to help clear her mind.

User Image

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games