Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
Frightened, Chimera? [Remake] (O / A) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

You would like to see more ____ in this roleplay.
  blood/gore
  action
  romance
  interaction between characters/roleplayers
  opportunities for Chimera to escape
  pit battles between Chimerae
View Results

LovetoCauseMayhem

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:48 pm
((Wait for Rei's rper to post?

And Kaye? Wtf? I thought you had quit Gaia.))  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:55 pm
((Seven is my favorite number. So maybe something involving seven, if not just seven. ))

Sko opened her eyes to a new setting. She felt the smooth metal underneath her and she could see lines in front of her. Her eyes began to focus as she became more aware. Not lines, but bars. bars of a cage. Why am I caged? She thought. It made no sense. Why would she be in a cage? She sat up and listened. She could hear things above her. Things like her.

She put her face between two bars and looked out. Nothing. Just an empty room. She heard the steady heartbeats of the occupied cages, and one, very faint, and very fast. She wondered if the heart belonged to someone very small, or if they were dying. She curled up in a corner of the cage and wondered what the point of being in a cage was.

Then she heard the screaming.

She sat bolt upright and looked out of her cage again. The sound was distant, but distinct. Agonizing. She covered her sensitive ears and tried to shut out the madness. The scream was penetrating every fiber of her being. What's going on?!  

opheliatic_autumn

opheliatic_autumn

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:00 pm
((00007, maybe.))  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:05 pm
LovetoCauseMayhem
((Wait for Rei's rper to post?

And Kaye? Wtf? I thought you had quit Gaia.))

((*Is not remembered*))

The Amazing Flying Circus

Eloquent Elocutionist

AninOnin

Newbie Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:47 pm
((No, I doubt Rei's roleplayer is going to post consistently, so just go ahead lol))

"Good, you're awake," Yani said, watching Sko from a computer chair not far away. He stood and walked around the desk towards Sko's cage, just out of reach. "Did you sleep well?" One might say he was asking for pure scientific reasons, or that he was simply being mocking, derisive. Who knew his true intentions?

Obviously the scream in the background didn't faze him in the slightest.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:41 pm
((My character is very disoriented from being in a coma for so long, and is unaware of the location of her cell or what is going on there. Also, a friend of mine had read my post when he was at my house and asked if it might be possible for him to come in as one of the "dead" siblings. He is a very talented writer and would post often, much like myself and Kaye))

"What.... What's going on?" Sko asked, frightened. It didn't used to be like this. She remembered the needles, Hiccadu, but not this. Not the screams of terror and agony.

She watched the scientist circle her cage. He looked bemused, unaffected by the unending screaming. She could see him clearly now, in the almost complete darkness. Jaguar.... My sister blood. She thought. until now, her traits hadn't been as obvious. Her attributes from her animal brethren not apparent. She wondered what else about her fellow animals would surface.

"Now, now." the scientist said, still smiling. "Lets not get ahead of ourselves. Answer the question."

Sko began to be afraid of this man in the white coat. What was going on? "I slept like I would never wake up. My dreams were confusing and I remembered things that happened when my brothers and I were small. Before they died." She said slowly. Still confused. She heard someone stir to see what was going on.

The scientist smiled at her smugly and wrote something on a clipboard. It had a small icon on it, cow spots and the word Butcher on it. Why would he have a clipboard from a butcher? This was a high tech laboratory, not a house for cows waiting to die.

She watched him scribble in silence for what seemed like forever, the screaming had stopped, but she wasn't sure if that was a good sign.  

opheliatic_autumn

Kayenism

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:51 pm
((Miinefield is talented too.))

((Ah, dear Mayhem. Not quit, merely went on hiatus. A much-needed hiatus, too! I say we start sending out PMs, because people aren't posting and it's bad for some of the other characters, methinks.))

Upsilon glared forward from inside its cell, watching closely for signs of movement. It was in the arena, now, for its so-called mutagen trials. Here, it would be pitted against and forced to destroy one or two of it's own kind, for the sole purpose of scientific research, and Upsilon grew more tired of it with each semi-weekly test. Then again, there was no such thing as "its own kind." Upsilon was the only one of "its own kind," and it would never see another of "its own kind" for as long as it would live out its miserable life. After a display of loud hissing and steam, the door of the cell opened, and Upsilon, stretching one clawed, red hand out and grasping the edge of its cage, slowly rose from the darkness of its metal prison, trudging tiredly and unwillingly onto the battlefield with a low, rasping sigh. The ground this time was dirt, a soft, hard-packed soil that tickled the creature's feet.

The intercom on the ceiling blared with a very loud noise, piercing Upsilon's sensitive ears.

"Project Upsilon." said the grizzly voice on the intercom, "Your first opponent today will be Number 35072. Deal as much damage to the target as possible before the testing period is over. Failure to comply under the listed conditions will result in a 50% loss of sleep time and rations."

Damage instead of kill... that was new. Upsilon heard the orders, Upsilon understood the orders, and it continued to stare at the other side of the arena without any acknowledgment of the required battle conditions given to it. In front of the creature was another door, large and crudely made as though from scrap metal, which would soon open, revealing the creature's first opponent, its first victim. Out of all the miserable things in Upsilon's routine, it hated this one the most.

((Feel free to correct if I said anything wrong, and I'll edit where is necessary.))  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:08 pm
((And Miinefield, of course razz

I think your post is alright, but we're trying to keep John alive for now XD

And... I'll send some PMs out lol))

John looked to see Upsilon standing in the arena and he too, clambered out, wondering what this was all about.

Until he heard the speakers blare. His face paled, and he tried to quell the shaking in his limbs. Kill him? He had fought so hard for himself and his kin, protected them as best as he could, sacrificed friends and put his own life on the line for freedom, for this?! And he didn't even want to kill Upsilon! This was a fellow Chimera, even if John had only been told horror stories about him.

His snake eyes narrowed out of pure instinct, his fangs extended and began to build up a supply poison. The feathers on his wings stretched, acting like the hair on the back of his neck that prickled upward as well. "I don't want to fight you," he said, feeling adrenaline pumping through his veins in spite of it.

Unfortunately, he doubted Upsilon was taught much English. Maybe he could have picked it up from the scientists, like many of the Chimerae John knew. Maybe.

Maybe not.

((The goal is to give him as many scars as Upsilon can without killing him. Feel free to autohit if you wish ;D))

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

AninOnin

Newbie Prophet

opheliatic_autumn

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:09 pm
(( I am very excited for the pit battles to come! 4laugh ))  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:21 am
(( waiting for a reply from "Yani" to make my next post  

opheliatic_autumn

AninOnin

Newbie Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:52 am
((I'll post tomorrow, forgot I had to wake up early. I'm nocturnal. Why can't people realize this? razz ))

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:56 am
((It's 2:00 in the morning here lol what time is it for you?))  

opheliatic_autumn

AninOnin

Newbie Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:25 pm
((4 A.M. xD))

Yani put down the clipboard and gazed at Sko for what seemed like hours, though it couldn't have been more than a few stretched seconds. Her traits weren't very... apparent. It seemed as though this was another failed specimen, like her brothers and sisters. Perhaps she could be repaired. It was also possible that an arena battle might force her to rely on instinct, which would lend her traits the needed potency to reveal themselves. Desperation was usually a necessary ingredient when dealing with Chimeran powers.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:09 pm
Sko stared back at Yani. His eyes were cold and detatched and his lips were pursed in discontent. She wondered why he looked at her that way, but finally he stopped. He nodded to himself slowly and strode off.

Sko watched him go and felt a sudden chill. Some thing bad would happen soon, and she wasn't prepared for it.

She sat for a few minutes, looking at her hands and daydreaming about the outside world. Yani entered the room briskly and handed her a bottle of coke. She looked at it, then him, then her cage. If it was poisoned, maybe it didn't matter.

She took the coke, smiled, and downed it all in one chug. It burned her throat and she smiled at the bubbles in her throat. She handed it back to him and smiled again. Nothing was happening! He had been kind to her. Maybe he likes me she thought.

Then the world started tilting and she found herself tilting with it until she was on the floor and her eyelids were heavy. Maybe he likes me[i] I must be stupid [i/] She thought, as she blacked out.  

opheliatic_autumn

"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games