Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
L5R - Jade Legacy OOC thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 134 135 136 137 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:33 am
Ermm... is that some weird pronunciation there? It reads like "Quite a soon weevil" What does Quite a soon weevil have to do with you not joining us?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:23 am
Player: Keith Valken Lionheart
Name: Matsu Seichiro
Clan: Lion clan, Matsu family
School: Akodo
Insight: 125
Experience: 1
Glory: 1.4
Honor: 3.6
Taint: ?
Heritage: Debt

EARTH:2
  • Stamina:2
  • Willpower:2

WATER:3
  • Strength:3
  • Perception:3

FIRE:3
  • Agility:3
  • Intelligence:3

AIR:2
  • Reflexes:3
  • Awareness:2

VOID:2
  • Void:2
  • Current Void Points:2

SKILLS
Meditation (Void) - 1 Rank
Tea Ceremony (Void) - 1 Ranks
Battle (Perception) - [Mass Combat] - 1 Rank
Defense (Agility) - [Armored] - 3 Ranks
Kenjutsu (Agility) - [Katana] - 4 Ranks
Kyujutsu (Reflexes) - 1 Rank
Lore (History) - 1 Rank
Storytelling (Awareness) - 1 Rank
Iaijutsu (Reflexes) - 2 Ranks
Athletics (Varies) - 1 Rank

MASTERY ABILITIES
-

ADVANTAGES
Quick (3 pts)
Bishamon's Blessing (2 pts)
Death Trance (2 pts)
Heartless (2 pts)
Large (3 pts)

DISADVANTAGES
Missing eye (3 pts)
Idealistic (2 pts)
Can't Lie (3 pts)
Soft-hearted (2 pts)

TECHNIQUES, SPELLS, KATA, KIHO, SHADOWLANDS POWERS
Striking as Fire

EQUIPMENT/CURRENCY
Katana
Wakizachi
Bow & 20 Willowleaf arrows
Light Armor
Command Tessen
Kimono & Sandals
1 koku
Tea Mixture (Excellent Quality)

Blanket
Sake
Chopsticks
Parchment and Charcoal
Book (Leadership)
Sake cup
Small Statue of Ancestor
Spare Kimono and Sandals
Tea Set
Week's Supply of Rations (smoked fish)

COMBAT
Weapons
Katana - 7k3+4 - 7k2 - Average - May use 2 Void points to keep damage dice.
Wakizachi - 7k3 - 6k2 - Average - negate +5 TN for using Wakizachi in offhand, +5 TN still aplies if no ranks in Ambidextrous
No-Dachi - 7k3 - 8k2 - Average - Gains the same Strength bonus as an axe or heavy weapon, and keeps an extra damage die against any opponents larger than human sized.

Armor
TN To Be Hit = 31
Other Modifiers = +5 TN to all Agility and Reflexes rolls

Initiative
5k3

Wounds
HEALTHY (+0): 0/4
NICKED (+3): 0/4
GRAZED (+5): 0/4
HURT (+10): 0/4
INJURED (+15): 0/4
CRIPPLED (+20): 0/4
DOWN (+40): 0/4
OUT (+N/A): 0/10

DESCRIPTION
Matsu Seichiro is a very tall man, standing at 6'1", around 179lbs. He has long, waist-length hair, usually tied in a neat ponytail, dyed red. He has brown eyes, and fair skin complexion. He's a tad muscular than most of his family, thanks to his rigid training.

BACKGROUND
Matsu Seichiro was born to the Matsu family, and as such, he inherited all the things that make out the Matsu: Fierce warrior, brash, loyal. As such, it was no wonder he excelled at combat with the blade. But, it was noted by his superiors that he had a grasp at tactical prowess, and as such, he was admitted in the Akodo school, where he spent most of his youth learning the art of war and tactics.

He passed with flying colors, and was praised by both the Akodo and Matsu family for being a living example of both families: he was a warrior with a sharp mind that could make tactical decisions in the heat of battle, and as such, he was given the chance of commanding a small army in a battle that loomed in the horizon.

So, it came to be that the confident Matsu Seichiro, with the Champion's blessing and permission, took his troops to assist in battle, where he performed reliably.

One night, while he slept in his tent, an unknown person entered his tent with an evil intent: to assassinate Seichiro. Seichiro, however, was startled, and was forced to defend himself against the assassin. It was a fierce battle, and Seichiro defeated the assailant, at the cost of his eye, which the assailant cut. Not only that, but the assailant had poisoned his blade, which was slowly killing him.

None of the doctors had a cure, and the fate of Seichiro was sealed, until out of nowhere, an old man heard some soldiers watching a road of a warlord that was poisoned and was slowly dying. The old man, a herbalist of great wisdom, offered to heal Seichiro.

And so it came to be that the old man knew how to cure him, and Seichiro's life was saved by a mere peasant. And that act of random kindness awoke something within him: compassion for all. He knew Samurai had power, and some often abused it, but if this man who he did not know came forward to save him, why would he act so harsh against other people? He saw this as a sign of the Kami, and as such, would change to be a brash, cold Matsu warrior to a humble Samurai. He vowed not to take the life of men or woman, for who was he to judge? He still trained in the art of war, though changed his tactics so that there would be minimum bloodshed. He was conflicted within: on one hand, he was a Matsu, a warrior, hot-blooded and strong; but on the other hand, he was compassionate, respected life, and Bushido.

Then the war was over, which was a relief for many, except maybe the Lion clan. Seichiro himself felt both relieved and a bit disappointed, for he wanted to prove himself but ended up losing an eye and almost his life, though he did not lose the war. As such, he spent most of his time meditating on the past events.

Some months later, a tournament was announced. This is an opportunity he could not pass up! Mayhaps entering the tournament and testing his skills against other bushi would clear his mind, and as such, departed to sign up for the tournament.

ANCESTOR
Name: Akodo Sakuya
Profession: Duelist
Drive: Courage  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:25 am
Plainsfox
Ermm... is that some weird pronunciation there? It reads like "Quite a soon weevil" What does Quite a soon weevil have to do with you not joining us?
I... have no idea what you're talking about. Unless you mean the KAWAII DESU NE WEEABOO, in which case, it's all japanese, except weeaboo, which is a word. A word of the internets.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:33 am
I know exactly what you said wink good thing you didn't let the weevils get you down. They can be present in many game systems.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Keith Valken Lionheart rolled 1 10-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-10)

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:35 am
Rollan for Heritage  
Keith Valken Lionheart rolled 1 10-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-10)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:37 am
Goddamn it, I hate Gaia's dicerollan. Rolling for DISHONOUR:  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:40 am
Hey! It's not as bad as the other dishonor rolls and you're the first one who rolled who hasn't had an ancestor tainted in some fashion.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:40 am
Plainsfox
I know exactly what you said wink good thing you didn't let the weevils get you down. They can be present in many game systems.
I dunno mang, I mean, L5R is cool, just very strange when it comes to social stuff. I find it stifling. A word you say is misunderstood, and you're forced to commit seppuku. I have a funky concept for my WEEABOO WARRIOR though.  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:42 am
Also, look at it this way, if you make a bad joke at the wrong time, you could end up the Daimyo of your own minor clan! smile  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:43 am
Plainsfox
Hey! It's not as bad as the other dishonor rolls and you're the first one who rolled who hasn't had an ancestor tainted in some fashion.
Yeah, I found this dishonor not as bad as I thought, and could be fun to roleplay. Still, some dishonors are ******** horrible. If you roll 1-4, you lose SO many things, you might as well be a lowly ronin.  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:45 am
Plainsfox
Also, look at it this way, if you make a bad joke at the wrong time, you could end up the Daimyo of your own minor clan! smile
Being Daimyo ain't that bad. HONYOOOO~  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:49 am
Nothing's crippling...or atleast I don't think.
3-4 requires that you visit a monastery once every month. 1-2 hurts, but you're not a ronin...yet. The drawbacks all seem to be four pointers...it's just when you try for more than one heritage roll and fail that it gets a little bit unmanageable.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:50 am
I will be choosing the following disadvantages:

Missing eye (3 pts)
Idealistic (2 pts)
Can't Lie (3 pts)
Soft-hearted (2 pts)  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:52 am
Plainsfox
Nothing's crippling...or atleast I don't think.
3-4 requires that you visit a monastery once every month. 1-2 hurts, but you're not a ronin...yet. The drawbacks all seem to be four pointers...it's just when you try for more than one heritage roll and fail that it gets a little bit unmanageable.
Yeah, 7 seemed the less harsh of the disadvantages, so I guess I lucked out. I already found a reason for it in my character's backstory.  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:56 am
Yeah. Kojiro kinda wrote himself to a point. >< It was kind of like "OK. He has this disadvantage. Why does he have it? What else goes along with this disadvantage?" etc and so on.  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 134 135 136 137 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games