Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:12 pm
@ Go Competition:

Isawa Toyoko would gesture openly towards the seat of the black player, quickly taking up the seat of the white player. "Are you sure? Maybe it was just the light of the lanterns, but you seemed awfully red towards the end there. You looked brighter than my robes, even." Smiling wide like the cat that ate the canary, she would add "So was he, for that matter. I'm not sure if you noticed that." {21 on her Courtier (Gossip) roll, or modified 11 after her Meddler disadvantage.}

She would dextrously roll a couple of her white stones between her fingertips as she awaited Kyumi's first move, though she seemed less interested in the game and more in her opponent.

Kitsu Kyumi, your TN is 5!  
Sutiiven rolled 6 10-sided dice: 10, 5, 4, 8, 3, 1 Total: 31 (6-60)
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:33 pm
Hisashi indeed had no objections, though it was clear that this topic hit closer to home than the previous ones.

"I am well aware of the... unique circumstances of my people's ascension to Great Clan status. I am also well aware that two factions of my ancestors were participants in the Three Man Alliance. However, it is not my place to atone for the sins of the past. Nor do I feel we should make the same mistakes in the future. If I were to say that minor clans should be regulated and observed like livestock, I would be discrediting my own heritage."

He would take a deep breath. He was clearly treading very carefully on the topic at hand.

"No... there must be a better way. Perhaps Kan-san's repeated pleas for diplomacy are indeed necessary in this case. We cannot allow an incident similar to the Three Man Alliance to come about and destroy what we have... however we cannot simply shut the minor clans down and ignore them either. Perhaps if there were some sort of application process in place... not that I claim to know enough about how to do such a thing... but if there were a manner that would allow the stronger minor clans to appeal for Great Clan status... perhaps such an incentive would drive them away from thoughts of uprising."

His breathing was slow and deliberate. Doji Kita had chosen this topic for a very specific reason, no doubt. He was grateful that Maru had been eliminated for the sake of avoiding a conflict. Still, he was cautious to keep control of himself during the length of this particular topic of discussion.

{Courtier Check vs TN 5, 6k3}  

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Sutiiven rolled 1 10-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-10)

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:34 pm
Exploding Die

((Man, I hope I can keep up all of the explosions when I actually NEED them...))  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:46 pm
@ Courtier Debates:

Doji Koan would scoff as soon as Hisashi would finish speaking, as if insulted and amused all at the same time. "Yes, we all know how much every Minor Clan would enjoy Great Clan status. With the exception of the Mantis, the Emperor has never granted such a boon to any one people before. Arguably, the Mantis aren't one people, so it might be safe to say that it's never happened, period. All of us Great Clans earned and kept our status over the centuries by dedicated and faithful service to the Emperor, be it Hantei or Toturi. If the Minor Clans want recognition, let them earn it." {Courtier check with 1 raise, 48 vs TN 10. Hisashi's TN is raised by 5. Ide Jiro gains a free raise yadda yadda yadda.}

"Need I remind you, Koan-san, that the Minor Clans exist due to exceptional service." Kan would reposition himself on his mat before continuing, not pressing the matter further. "Now, the descendants of the original founders of these clans may or may not be as noble as their ancestors; however, we owe it to these founders to respect and acknowledge their merit. We should trust the Minor Clans to do the right thing, as they have all these years." {Courtier of 18 vs TN 5}

{TNs raised to 10.}

"Wellll..." Jiro would start off, biting his lip. "Sometimes... good intentions don't necessarily conclude with happy endings." Jiro would have the attentions of everyone as he extrapolated. "There has been some cases, like with the Snake, the Hare, and possibly the Boar. Cases where these noble minor clans had become corrupted by the forces of darkness, and with their small numbers, the corruptions were often complete. Not every noble sentiment can withstand the test of time, Kan. No matter how much we try." {Courtier check with 2 raises vs Kan, 26 vs TN 20. Kan's TN is increased by 10.}

Yoritomo Hisashi, your TN is 15!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Sutiiven rolled 6 10-sided dice: 5, 6, 1, 2, 10, 6 Total: 30 (6-60)

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:16 pm
Rolling first and posting depending on the result.

*deep breath*

{Courtier Check with 1 Raise vs TN 20, 6k3)  
Sutiiven rolled 1 10-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-10)
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:21 pm
Bring it.

((Exploding Die))

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:46 pm
Hisashi had been playing defensively for long enough. Koan had been throwing rocks at the dormant hornets nest for most of the various debate topics. But no more. Koan was getting extremely personal, and the Mantis was not looking to be belittled today.

"I am offended that you should suggest that the Mantis are not one people, Koan-san. Indeed, our ancestors herald from many walks of life, and we have an unusual acceptance of the individuality, amongst other things."

He had to work hard to control himself, but he was managing it. Koan's words were like poison to the very lifestyle he grew up with, and he was sure to make it known that he was not pleased at the accusations.

"HOWEVER! We are indeed one people! The Mantis are a living, breathing example of what the minor clans can do if given the chance! We are as ferociously devoted the the Emperor as the Crane, Scorpion, Phoenix, or any other clan! Who is to rightfully say that the minor clans are not also willing to fight and die for Rokugan as the rest of us?"

His breathing was heavier, but still deliberate. It was sheer will and skill as a courtier that kept him in control enough to not make a faux-pas. This was a critical moment of the debate, and it would be a waste to squander the work here with an uncontrolled outburst.  
Mongooseh rolled 5 10-sided dice: 9, 4, 2, 3, 9 Total: 27 (5-50)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:25 am
Kagae sighed as he looked at his opponent but he walked out onto the duelling area presented his katana as his weapon and bowed.

"I am Kaiu Kagae and I am your opponent..." Kagae said sheepishly now that he was closer how much bigger the dai tsuchi was.

(3k2 last 2 incase of splody dice)
(13 Initiative.)  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
Agent Sinistra rolled 4 10-sided dice: 1, 2, 1, 2 Total: 6 (4-40)

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:12 am
@ Go Competition:

Rain Yupa
Isawa Toyoko would gesture openly towards the seat of the black player, quickly taking up the seat of the white player. "Are you sure? Maybe it was just the light of the lanterns, but you seemed awfully red towards the end there. You looked brighter than my robes, even." Smiling wide like the cat that ate the canary, she would add "So was he, for that matter. I'm not sure if you noticed that." {21 on her Courtier (Gossip) roll, or modified 11 after her Meddler disadvantage.}

She would dexterously roll a couple of her white stones between her fingertips as she awaited Kyumi's first move, though she seemed less interested in the game and more in her opponent.

Kitsu Kyumi, your TN is 5!

Kyumi took the remaining seat and was quick to make her first move. For now, her gaming strategy would be conservative, with the intent to quickly amass territory on one side of the board.

Her social strategy, however, was still being thought up. Kyumi wasn't sure that she liked that the other woman's curiosity or questions, but... It wasn't as if anything untoward had happened, and she would look a little guilty if she just stopped talking.

"I am. I was embarrassed for misunderstanding a simple compliment about my game strategy, and he was embarrassed for me. That's all it was." Kyumi answered matter-of-factly, and hoped that it would bring this line of questioning to an end.

(( 4k3, 4 vs TN 5; 1/3 Failures. ))  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:52 pm
@ Go Competition:

"It's fine, sweetie, it's fine." Toyoko would respond, watching some of the beginning moves Kyumi were making. Her response would be the methodical countering and capturing on any territories Kyumi would get a foothold in. {Games: Go of 13 vs TN 5}

"Still, though. There's something about those Crane men. They can be so... so... how should I put this?" she trailed off, tapping her fingernails rhythmically against the board several times in succession. "Easy on the eyes, I suppose." She would grin almost sinisterly, if it didn't seem that she was having too much fun with the conversation.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:02 pm
@ Martial Duel:

Sayoko would stand opposite of Kagae, balancing the weight of her two-handed weapon in one hand as if it was a mere tanto; truly, the strength of this woman would be tremendous. She let out several long, hoarse breaths, not taking her eyes off of her opponent. Her eyes, cold, uncaring... dead to the world, almost.

"You... underestimate me. I can see it in the way you stand, the sound of your voice, the way you look at me. I'll crush anyone who thinks they can stand in my way." she would say from beneath her full helmet, her voice dark and dreary, almost pained.

{Initiative of 17}

She would step closer, closer, closer still to Kagae, until she was in striking range of him.

"Allow me to show you."

And she would focus upon her opponent, gaining a Free Raise for her first attack against Kagae.

Kagae, you're up!  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:27 pm
@ Courtier Debate:

Koan seemed actually taken aback at first; for a while, he was honestly starting to believe Hisashi had no backbone. "Yes, you are an example of what the Minor Clans can do. Just think if there were 2 Mantis Clans. Or 3! Or, celestial heavens forbid, you all banded together and formed one massive Clan! Think of the anarchy such a joining would cause if led by the Yoritomo!" Ohhhhh snapz, he just went there! {Courtier with 2 raises, 46 vs TN 25. Hisashi's TN goes up by +10, Ide Jiro rocks the Free Raise boat.}

"Now, now, Koan-san," the monk Kan started, raising his hands defensively. Things were getting a little too heated. "The Mantis have accomplished acts of both great chaos, and of honorable duty, in the name of the Emperor. One can say the same for the Crane as well, or any Great Clan. But this is not about them, it is about the Minor Clans, if you recall. I do not believe any have the aspirations for the things you claim; in fact, most of the rises of power they have seen over the centuries has been by necessity, more than profit or glory." {Coutier with 1 raise against Koan, 31 vs TN 15. Koan's TN is increased by 5.}

{TNs raised to 15.}

"I think the three of you are losing sight of the real question at hand: Supervision. You all make it sound like there IS none. But isn't that what the Magistrates are for? They oversee the dealings of the various Great Clans. Now, I'm no expert on Magistracy, but I don't believe for one moment that they don't already oversee the Minor Clans already! Most inter-clan disputes are typically handled at the discretion of the various daimyo; but if it was a matter of power balance, then that's when the Emperor should step in, and has stepped in, in the past." {Coutier check, 26 vs TN 15}

Yoritomo Hisashi, you're up! Your TN is 25!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Mongooseh rolled 2 10-sided dice: 1, 9 Total: 10 (2-20)

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:52 am
Confused and slightly frightened that the lady did not strike him he immediately took up a defensive stance in hope of not getting hit as he circled around his opponent.

(Well nothing lost and gained in that roll.)  
Sutiiven rolled 6 10-sided dice: 3, 1, 9, 2, 6, 5 Total: 26 (6-60)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:38 am

{Courtier Check with 1 Raise vs TN 30, 6k3}  

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:46 am
A more than a little shaken Yoritomo Hisashi silently stood from his location and bowed towards Doji Kita.

"I must apologize, Kita-sama, but I am afraid that I am too emotionally attached to this topic to continue on in an appropriate manner. With your permission, I will take my leave of this debate."

He was genuinely upset at Koan's assault on both his people and the very family he belonged to, and could only hope that Kan or Jiro could use it as ammunition to eliminate the vicious Crane courtier in the remaining rounds.  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games