Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply The ART Dept
General "Art Update" Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Boxers or briefs?
  Boxerbriefs
  Get off my lawn!! *shakes cane*
  None of your damn business.
  Bikinis
  I like toast.
  What does this have to do with art?
  Boxers
  Boyshorts
  Briefs
  *throws rocks at ThisEmptySoul*
View Results

Sakura_Moonlight2421

Sparkly Genius

7,000 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:14 am
heart I can do backgrounds and landscapes. Props depends on the object. Not so good at drawing round objects. blaugh  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:30 am
I suck at scenery a lot but I'm trying to get better at it. I just don't have an excuse to practice it a lot. sweatdrop  

Liada Trovaras

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:51 pm
Backgrounds are usually an afterthought for me. Props are sometimes too, but then sometimes they're an important part of the picture. I should probably think about backgrounds more...  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:24 pm
Flat colors

I'm very likely to change the shade of green for the lily's leaves and probably the bird's body. The jewelry I might change the colors of if they end up clashing as much as it seems it does {at least to me} in the flat colors after being shaded. Probably to something like pearl/rose opal instead of silver and gold.

Might try to add blush during shading if I can figure out how to make it look right emotion_facepalm Lipstick and eyeshadow might also change/be removed if Faerie wants them different. Left up to me, I might end up going through a number of colors, trying to figure out what best suits how I perceive Faerie.

The nails I might also change to go more for a gradient type effect, with them darker at the base and getting lighter at the tips instead of them being green at the base like they are now.

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:30 am
Prettiful Faerie heart  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:57 pm
I agree that the jewelry does seem to clash right now. If it were my art, I'd say go ahead and change the color. cat_ninja

When I do blush, I put it on top of the skin color, and make it transparent, with soft edges so that it blends into the skin. Getting it in the right place is kind of trial and error though. I'm not sure if that helps or not...

I think that the gradient idea for the nails sounds like a good idea. cat_3nodding  

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:07 pm
I talked a bit with Psy this morning about the blush and she suggested using a wide brush at 5% opacity on a separate layer. I always keep the makeup on a separate layer anyway in case the person doesn't want it in the end, which makes it easier to get rid of or edit the colors.

What I'm hoping with the silver and gold is that, because they're really shiny metals, they won't clash as much once shaded. Their flat colors are dull, but the shaded versions look different.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:33 pm
That is looking really good so far, TES! Even though I personally might paint my nails green on occasion, I do not care for that little bit of green on Faerie's nails at all. As for the make-up, I think just hints of pinkish colors on the eyelids, lips and cheeks would be good, nothing bold except to make the eyelashes stand out like you have now. With the bird, I think a contrasting color might look better, maybe shades of blue? And with the jewelry ... sparklies! emotion_awesome Faerie heart s sparklies! gaia_star gaia_diamond gaia_star 4laugh

Oh, and one more thing ... could you please put a green gem in her belly button?
*Looking at you with those puppy dog eyes and sounding like Roger Rabbit* Pppleeese? emotion_dowant  

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:51 pm
I'll see what I can do about the belly gem. The bird as it is already has some blue tips on their feathers, which I was going to alter to make stand out more, but I can just make the whole bird shades of blue. It's a pretty easy fix.

Shading might take a while because I'm going to be experimenting to see if I can make the skin look sparkly, which might be difficult considering how pale it is. There are ways, I'm sure... I just have to figure them out.

Edit: While making the changes, I also decided to mess with the silver and gold to get a feel of what the pearl/rose opal would look like instead, but couldn't really get a good feel for it because, again, these are flat colors. While the pearl/rose opal matched the outfit a little better in the flat colors, they matched a little "too well"... meaning they kind of blended right in instead of being eye catching, as jewelry tends to be. However, again, gems would have a shiny surface just like the metals would, so I couldn't really say if it would look better in the end or not.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:37 am
Miro thinks it's the silver throwing it off. If it was all gold, it probably wouldn't clash as much since gold goes well with both pink and green 3nodding  

MiroIsBored

Adorable Cleric

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:29 pm
I think Miro's right. Just gold might look better. cat_3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:07 pm
I think white gold would be nice since it won't clash with the pastel colors.  

Sakura_Moonlight2421

Sparkly Genius

7,000 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:52 pm
White gold looks the same as silver to me sweatdrop Or at least white gold that hasn't been worn extensively tends to have the same look as silver.

I'll see about changing it all to gold. I already shaded it to get a better feel for how it'll look on the end and the silver parts I'd have to shade again because just changing the hue doesn't have the same effect.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:40 am
I've been working on inking digitally again. I do plan on finishing this...

It's Miro!  

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:21 am
Awesome job with the lines. They're much much smoother now. Somehow, the one on the right looks like a sad panda rofl  
The ART Dept

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games