Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 2 Chapter 1: Daiippo/First Step Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 56 57 58 59 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Plainsfox rolled 16 10-sided dice: 2, 9, 2, 10, 6, 7, 3, 3, 6, 10, 6, 2, 9, 3, 3, 10 Total: 91 (16-160)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:45 pm
@The Husk and Shell

Kojiro would sit down across from Miyako and drop his voice to a low whisper. It may seem mad to her, but somehow, Kojiro sensed that was the least of his problems today. It was hard to explain, so Kojiro figured he may as well launch into it. "Through meditation and communion, I thought I heard the voice of an ancestor....perhaps my grandfather. It was his words that guided me to this piece of jade. Would I not dishonor him if I do not present the gift his words lead me to to Lady Kaiu?"

Kojiro would tap his head as he wracked his brain for a solution. It was a dilemma.

OOC
Rolling Awareness/Etiquette to see if Kojiro can find a way to honor his ancestor and not outshine his fellow Wardens.
Dice: 5k3 w/ 3 dice for explosions
Raises called: 1 to think of a way especially appropriate to the Crab Clan.
Results: 32

Also Rolling Awareness/Etiquette (Sincerity) to make sure he doesn't sound like an insane madman to Miya-chan.
5k3 w/3 dice to handle explosions
Raises called: 1 to sound especially earnest and respectful of his ancestors
Results: 25  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:50 pm
It occurs to Kojiro that he might have taken the haiku a little too at face value. That it perhaps was meant metaphorically, rather than literally.

If nothing else, he didn't find the wayward finger of jade on the bank, as the literal version of the haiku suggested.

Kojiro's raise will get him that most Crab value service and duty (something he, as a Scorpion, can relate to). But, unlike the Scorpion, the Crab never have been the type to engage in the finer arts of etiquette. Though the Yasuki will sometimes do so when visiting other Clans' lands, they tend to avoid receiving such acts as a sign of respect to the rest of the Crab Clan which they have been fostered into from their early days as a Crane family. This is something Kojiro WOULD know from his wee childhood.

Words and deeds mean much more than trinkets in Crab Lands.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Agent Sinistra rolled 7 10-sided dice: 8, 8, 7, 8, 10, 4, 1 Total: 46 (7-70)

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:23 pm
@Finishing up bugging Toritaka~:

"I... Oh..."

If Kyumi had managed to regain her composure earlier, it was gone once more. She felt foolish that she hadn't known or picked up on this before, and... Her frustration was starting to show. The tiniest bit of cheek puffery was beginning to surface.

Kyumi would try to smile back at the junior magistrate, if only just to reassure him that she wasn't upset. "This has been... educational. Thank you for your kindness." The Kitsu would politely bow to him before rushing back to the inn.

There she would find Omi waiting patiently for her, with two letters in hand. "Here are the replies you were expecting, Mistress." She would explain before handing them over. Kyumi would waste no time in reading them.

((Rolling etiquette for wrapping up stuff with Toritaka- 5k3 = 34 ))  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:53 pm
@ Husk and Shell Inn:

Kyumi would be handed the following two letters, one supposedly from each of her intended recipients. Though, one of them seemed very hastily written by an unskilled hand...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

--------------------

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:12 pm
@The Husk and Shell

Kojiro thought about the matter, and he thought about his grandmother. He shook his head. "I'm working too hard at it. Lady Kaiu is probably like my mother. She'll just be pleased by our presence. If you wish me to accompany you with my shakuhachi, I will, but I am not going to worry about it any more. Do you remember my mother, Shosuro-san? Perhaps that's who we should think of when we are dealing with Lady Kaiu. Forgive me if I've been too brash....but this seems to be the best way to handle it."

Kojiro would order a cup of tea. "If she wishes a gift, I have a story to give her." The Scorpion would give an impish grin. If only Kagae-san knew....  
Agent Sinistra rolled 3 10-sided dice: 6, 5, 3 Total: 14 (3-30)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:51 pm
@ WTF AM I READING, I DON'T EVEN:

Kyumi would stare down at Kagae's letter as she tried to decipher what he was even trying to say... Her brow would furrow for a moment before she ultimately decided to give up. Regardless of what he had meant to say, his mother had outright said that she wasn't expecting any gifts...

Not that it wouldn't keep her from buying some. Nothing amazingly formal, just the sorts of things that she remembered her aunt bringing whenever she came to visit. She'd bid a less than enthusiastic Omi to accompany her on a quick trip to the shops where she'd see if she couldn't find some sweets and a couple of bottles of sake.

((Rolling commerce for shopping~ 3k3 = 14; D: Looks like it's only booze for Kyumi. Buying 2 bottles, which should put me back... 2 bu? ))  

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:24 am
Who else needs to do anything before any/all of you head to the Kaiu estate in Kuda Mura?

Even if you have nothing more you want to accomplish, post here now so we know who we're waiting on.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:11 pm
*Shows up in a DeLorean*

I'm ready. Let's rock.  

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:07 pm
Kojiro gathers up his stuffs!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:08 pm
Ditto.  

Tei Kae

Distinct Genius

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:43 pm
Seichiro took off his sandals, then softly walked inside the small temple. He bowed down at the man, even though he wasn't looking at him, and decided to greet him with a soft "Hello".  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:17 pm
@ Shrine to Bishamon:

The monk would open his eyes, turning his head slightly to gaze upon Seichiro. The monk would smile slightly - worshipers of Bishamon only smiled big in certain situations, and Seichiro didn't want to be in any of those.

The monk would bow his head to the Matsu, before turning his attention to the statue of Bishamon upon the alter, with prayer strips hung around it, all dedicated to some sort of success versus various difficulties.

The whole time, he would say nothing, returning back to prayer.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:56 am
@ Unusual Shop

He frowned slightly. "I'm afraid I do not have anything lower than a koku, since I wasn't expecting to do this. Since you have held your shop open for me so late though, how about you take it as payment and go have yourself a good meal as well? I don't have time at the moment to try to find someone that can exchange it into Bu and Zeni."

Taking out the koku, he would attempt to hand it over to the man.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:12 pm
@ Unusual Shop:

The man would have almost a panicked look. "I... I cannot take this amount of money for something like this! I'm a merchant, I can make change. But... Sir, you shouldn't be seen giving me such a large amount of money for such an insignificant item." The man seemed to grow more nervous by the moment, as if this was some sort of trap.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:56 pm
Seichiro walked deeper inside the temple, until he found a statue of Bishamon. He took his daisho out of his obi, then kneeled, putting his swords on the ground in front of him, the wakizachi in front of him, his katana behind the wakizachi, closer to the statue, and finally his nodachi. He let out a deep sigh, closed his eyes, and meditated about his ancestors, about the Ikoma he helped commit seppuku, and other minor things.

Seichiro will pray and meditate for an hour or so to his ancestors biggrin  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 56 57 58 59 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games