Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Library
Study Area Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 31 32 33 34 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:05 am
User Image

User ImageUser Image Location: Library (Study Area)

“Oh okay.” Alice seemed to understand what Jasper was saying although at times with her spaced out look he kind of wondered. Listening to Lexine he gave a light nod. “Sure. Okay how about this.” He said flipping through his book to chapter two where the first spell was. Skimming it over he then went onto explain.

“With this spell we’re trying to transform an object into a bird. So that would be our value for t. Now for we get into the other parts there are a few things we can’t control and that’s our wands power and in some cases our weight can’t be controlled either depending on the target for our spell. So that leaves our concentration, our intent, and the incantation. c in this case is at least a fair concentration level, v would have to be an intent of at least a mild one, and the incantation… Avis would have to be well spoken and clear.” He explained.

“If we did all of that correctly we’d be able to make the spell work. Does that help?”

Wearing: Uniform

With: Each other… Lexine
OOC: ---

Arkendrai

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:31 pm
When she was just a girl
She expected the world
But it flew away from her reach
And the bullets catch in her teeth
User Image
User Image

︵ ︶ ︷ ︸ ︹ ︺︵ ︶ ︷ ︸ ︹ ︺
Tanya crept into the study area of the library feeling accomplished, mischievous, and eager all wrapped in one black and pink package. She had thought for her next "ninja mission" she should get back into her old duds, but added a few details. But today was not about her new accessories! Today was about finally getting these two surprisingly dumb Ravenclaws together. Kas had been given a note on their way to Herbology the day before asking for help for their next History essay (one she had secretly finished with Elsie) and Echo was meeting her here to not only discuss Potions but Kas (she had even described to him an outfit he should wear as "practice" for when he finally confronted him, ain't she a stinker?) Now she only had to wait for both boys to show up to the place she detailed in each note and had asked the house elves to ever so kindly place the comfiest library chairs and soft romantic lighting (although she was partly sure that was because of dimming candles rather than helpful elves but she'd take whatever she could get!) Tanya's only downside was that electricity couldn't work around magic and within Hogwarts or else she'd be playing Disney soundtracks back to back. She had a feeling "Kiss The Girl" would do wonderfully for the mood but unfortunately she was still a beginner as far as guitar skills went so she was stuck with "So This is Love." Still fits. Her guitar was borrowed from the music room and stored between her legs as she waited for both boys to come into her trap-err...arrangement.

︵ ︶ ︷ ︸ ︹ ︺︵ ︶ ︷ ︸ ︹ ︺

Cara MiaKitty

Lady Pomegranates

WearingWhere: Study AreaWith: the booksThinking: OOC:

So lying underneath those stormy skies.
She said oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh.
I know the sun must set to rise.

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:45 pm
x
x
x
x

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Half-Blood | | Eleven Years Old | | First Year | | Ravenclaw
Ten inches. Ash Wood. Fox Fur. Supple.

Lexine stared over at Jasper as he tried to explain the equation to her. She leaned back in her chair and nodded. She understood...at least a little... "Maybe we shouldn't study," she mumbled, bringing her book to her lap and looking over everything. This made little-to-no sense to her, and really the explanation hadn't helped. "I swear, I'm going to fail this class," Lexine complained, as she sat up. She sat the book down, closed it, and leaned on it, to look over at her friends."Ya'know, why was I put in Ravenclaw? Isn't everyone suppose to be smart? I mean, if anyone belongs in Ravenclaw, it's Jasper," Lexine pointed out, motioning to him.

outfit | | ooc :: writers block >< | | voice clip

the true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination

murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:40 pm
User Image
User Image
User Image

-YEAR // First
    -AGE // 11
    -APPAREL // 'Cowlick' that refuses to go down. School robe on top; with crumpled white shirt, tie that is too big for him, worn-out gray sweater vest, and well fitting/dark trousers underneath.'
    -ITEMS // 'Wand, supplies and required text book(s).'
    -COMPANY // Fellow first years.
    -RELATIONSHIP // None
    -THINKING // "Why am I always late to important things?!"
    -FEELING // Rushed and anxious.
    -LOCATION // Class
    < YOUTUBE SONG // (I Like That-Shane Mack)

══════════════════════════════════════════

After rummaging through about every book that had the word 'transfiguration' in it, Adrienne lumbered about and was about to reach for a fourth one until he heard Jasper talking about the 'Avis' spell. He badly needed someone to study with, so abandoning the book he hurried around the corner. He smiled brightly when he saw Lexine, and had been wanting to sit with her for several classes now in charms, though didn't want to be too imposing in the other ones.

"'Ello guys." He said to Alice and Lexine, slipping into a chair between the two, and set the books on the table in front of him quietly. He scooted into position in the chair, his feet still dangling from the ground. Aren't there any chairs my height? He thought, then turned his attention to what Jasper was saying.

He hadn't formerly met the two 'Hufflepuff twins' before, but like most they were in his classes, and he had seen them around. After Jasper finished speaking in the language that seemed more foreign than Tolekein's Elf-language, he looked about the three of them while the formula sunk-in.

Getting a sudden idea, he turned to Lexine, while speaking to them all.

"What if you thought about it like you were flying?" Here he grabbed a bit of parchment from his leather pack and a quill that was already on the table. He drew the formula that he heard Jasper talking about while on the other side of the bookshelf.

"The transformation or t, is when you're effectively flying about in the air", here he pointed to the 't', "you're wand power and concentration are the control of you're broom", he drew a circle around (w x c), "while body weight and that big v-word, are the elements that you have to fight through to stay up", he then spelled out Avis next to the 'z' and concluded, "which leaves 'z' to the incantation, or, up command."

For a second he thought it was a rather silly example, and ran everything that he said through his mind. Did he just say something really dumb, or was he able to help?

((OOC:__))

══════════════════════════════════════════

Arkendrai

murruelecreuset

User Image

Scurd_Tito

Familiar Seeker

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
      • Battle: Cleric 100
      • Money Never Sleeps 200
      • Flatterer 200
      PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:07 pm
      User Image
      User Image

Say something, I'm giving up on you.
      I'll be the one, if you want me to.
      Anywhere I would've followed you.

ℭompany: Me.
      ℑhoughts: Ew, homework.
      ℱeeling: Stressed.
      ℒocation: The Library.

Autumn ran her fingers through her unruly hair. She hadn't expected to be doing homework. She hadn't really expected to do anything, really. Autumn pulled her knees to her chest and stared at the words on the textbooks laid out in front of her. Surely, she'd find something she understood...right?

And I am feeling so small.
      It was over my head.
      I know nothing at all.
      And I will stumble and fall.
      I'm still learning to love.
      Just starting to crawl.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:27 pm
      User Image
      User Image

Rosabella was starting to fall behind with homework. If she were to study in the common room, there could be all sorts of distractions. In fact, there usually were. The lions never seemed to sit still; commotion and drama seemed to happen around every corner as long as a Gryffindor student was involved. Odd to think this year was the year that started to look up for them. At least, that was what she has heard from older students. Upon approaching the library, Rosabella pushed the door open and made her way towards the study section where she spotted a familiar face from her classes. "May I sit here?" she asked quietly as she slid her backpack off from her shoulders and dropped it onto the floor.

Rawwry

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

kiska166
      Crew

Devoted Winner

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
      • Money Never Sleeps 200
      • Flatterer 200
      PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:45 pm
      User Image
      User Image

ℭompany: Rosabella.

Autumn looked up when someone addressed her. Oh, she knew the girl. They had classes together. She opened her mouth to reply, but decided against it. Autumn only nodded and moved her books over for the girl to sit down. She cleared her throat casually, in the case that she needed to speak. Which she was perfectly fine not doing.

It was over my head.
      I know nothing at all.
      Just starting to crawl.

kiska116

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:01 am
      User Image

User ImageUser Image Location: Library (Study Area)

Alice giggled as Lexine gave up on her studying and said Jasper belonged in Ravenclaw more than anyone else did. “You think so?” he asked staring in a blank shock at the two girls. “I agree.” Alice said smiling over at Jasper as she moved her gaze between the two.

When Adrienne came over and slipped in between her and Lexine Alice smiled at his. “Hello.” She chimed happily. She knew his feelings towards every chair at the school she was much the same way being sort to the point that her feet dangled off the chair without touching the ground. Hopefully they’d both hit a growth spurt.

“That actually works.” Jasper said quietly almost to himself. “That makes sense…” Alice said getting it a lot more than she did. “Though if this was flying then I would really suck at it.” she stated realizing that it sure wasn’t going to be easy.

With: Each other… Lexine, Adrienne
      OOC: ---

Arkendrai
      scurd

murruelecreuset
      Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
      • Bunny Spotter 50
      • Waffles! 25
      • Team Jacob 100

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:47 pm
      x
      x
      x
      x

Half-Blood | | Eleven Years Old | | First Year | | Ravenclaw
      Ten inches. Ash Wood. Fox Fur. Supple.

Lexine nodded at Jasper. "Jasper, you're smarter than Alice and I combined, I don't understand how you weren't put in Ravenclaw, to be honest..." Lexine noted. She then realised what she said, and turned to Alice, cheeks bright red, "Oh! Alice, no offence, honest!" She almost shouted, before quieting down to make sure she wasn't 'Shush'ed by the librarian. She bit her lip, hoping that Alice wouldn't take it personally.

Then, Adrienne had popped out of no where.
      The boy who sat with me in Charms... Lexine thought as she looked over at him. She greeted him with a smile as he sat in between her and Alice. Adrienne must have been listening in on their conversation, because he started trying to explain the equation to her. "Adrienne, it's use-" Lexine started. But then she stopped... t is equal to effectively flying in the air. w, how in control you are of the broom, c, letting it know you're the one in control... w, v, fighting to stay up, z, giving the command... Lexine thought, piecing it together in her head. She looked over at Adrienne, dumbfounded. "That...that actually helped..." Lexine smiled. She felt like hugging Adrienne, but guessed that it might be a bit strange if she did...so she just grinned and said "Thank you!" She was rather surprised that making flying references was helping more than she'd ever thought it would. "Wow...maybe I should join the quidditch team next year," Lexine said to herself. She then looked up to everyone else and realised they probably didn't know what she was talking about. "There was this boy, a Slytherin, he had told me and Eleazar that we should join Ravenclaw's quidditch team. Not too sure why, but I'm starting to think he was right...even if he was just joking about it. It seems I'm much better at working my way around a broom than working my way around a wand," Lexine laughed, taking her want from her robe pocket and twirling it in her fingers.

outfit | | ooc :: - - - | | voice clip

the true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination

murruelecreuset

scurd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:11 pm
      User Image
      User Image

Rosabella flashed a small, toothless smile towards Autumn when she nodded. After sitting down, the Gryffindor opened her backpack and pulled out the History of Magic textbook. "Have you, erm, started studying for the History test Monday?" she asked, hoping to ease the awkward silence at least a little bit. Since the girls were both shy and placed in different houses, they hadn't spoken much, if at all, that year. If Rosabella was not mistaken, this was their first time even sitting beside each other. As she waited for an answer, she pushed both of her pigtails behind her shoulders. Having them hang over her chest was rather annoying, especially when the hairs would brush against her book's page and block a couple of words.

Rawwry

((OOC: you quoted the wrong username xD))

kiska166
      Crew

Devoted Winner

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
      • Money Never Sleeps 200
      • Flatterer 200
      PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:07 am
      User Image
      User Image

ℭompany: Rosabella.

Autumn looked up when the girl mentioned a test. There was a test? Oh...right, that test. She shook her head, "No, not yet. I forgot about it, actually..." She frowned, rearranging her books so her History of Magic book was in front of her. Autumn put her hair over her shoulder, she was never taught how to put it up. Her mother died before she could learn, Jaylee was never home and Rui scared her. None of the males in her family could really help her, not that she asked at all. Anyway, her hair was always everywhere and she never knew what to do with it. Autumn looked at the girl next to her, "I like your hair."

It was over my head.
      I know nothing at all.
      Just starting to crawl.

kiska166

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:01 pm
      User Image
      User Image

Rosabella shrugged as she let out a small chuckle. "I haven't started studying, either," she admitted though her reason wasn't because she forgot about it. In fact, it had been at the back of her mind since class the other day. Remembering wasn't the issue; conjuring enough willpower to open her textbook, on the other hand, was the issue. Did professors really expect students to focus on schoolwork in a magic castle this large? Maybe the older students, who were used to seeing the candle-lit halls and the creature filled forest, and who had a future to think about would study, but first years couldn't possibly spend their leisure time with school work.

Rosabella brushed her fingers through one of her pigtails upon being complimented on her hairdo. "Thank you, but it's really not that special." Pigtails were Bella's least complicated hairstyle. Usually, if she was being lazy with her hair and didn't want it in her face, they was her go-to. "I like yours, too. It's very, erm. . ." Wasn't there a word for hair like this? "Big and curly. But, it looks nice!" A hand shot up to scratch the back of her neck awkwardly. Her choice of words could have definitely been improved; however, she couldn't quite remember the word voluminous.

Rawwry

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

kiska166
      Crew

Devoted Winner

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
      • Conversationalist 100
      • Contributor 150
      • Peoplewatcher 100
      PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:28 pm
      User Image

t e l l m e s o m e t h i n g i d o n ' t k n o w - - -
      r a v t a b l e ✖
      l o n e s o m e s ✖
      d o n o t j u d g e m e
      f u c k !
      s i n g l e ✖
      C U R R E N T . A P P E A R A N C E

It was very vague, Kas decided, finalizing on his happy conclusion as he walked towards the library. Pocketing the note he had been reading, the small redhead ran a hand through his hair, mussing the red locks- - - they had gotten rather long lately- - - as he went on his way, the heels of his boots clicking against the hard stone of the castle floor. Then again, he mused, maybe he was just over-thinking things. The second year was in a contemplative mood, he realized in slight irritation. He shouldn't have read that book before his classes- - - Little Brother was stuck in his head and it wouldn't go away. It was a very good book, which was why it was so bad, because it would take ages now for him to stop thinking about it.

Poking his head into the library, he took a quick look around before quietly making his way in, passing by a few first years, including a few he knew were sorted into his house. Ravenclaw, he hoped, would be lucky to have them and not otherwise. Stopping by to grab a book from a shelf, Kas made his way towards the apparent designated table, waiting for Tanya as he sat there. Pulling his knees up to his chest, the young de Assi opened up the book, eagerly devouring the words as he patiently waited the arrival of his bubbly friend. He was glad she had asked him to help, it was nice to know that, though, the atmosphere of said table probably proved otherwise. Raising a brow at the appearance of it, he shook his head with a smile and continued reading.

Okay. He put the book down for a moment. There were candles. Kas was now more than curious- - - he wanted to know why he was there. It was very relaxing, though, he had to admit that. The candles- - - again, candles, library, paper?- - - were a nice touch, and that sort of made him a little nostalgic for his attic room. It wasn't like he was allowed to have a fire hazard on his bed while he slept. Was a nice thought, though. Staring at the table again, he shook his head once more, deciding he should just wait and be surprised, and picked up his book again.

Yukina101

Cara MiaKitty

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:41 pm
      User Image
      Echo is...spacespacespacespace
      CURRENTLY // Looking Bookish in the Libraryspace
      CURRENTLY // singlespaces
      CURRENTLY WITH // ... Kas?spacesp
      CURRENTLY FEELING // Nervousspacespa
      CURRENTLY THINKING // 'I have a very bad feeling about this...' spacespac

♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
      And the white knight is talking backwards
      ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠
      ════════════════════════════════════════════════

spaceEcho made is way past the crowd of first years, searching for Tanya. The Gryffindor was supposed to meet him to talk about Potions, which he didn't quite understand since he was ruddy awful at Potions. Not as bad as his sister or mother, of course, since they were liable to have something blow up on them, but still awful enough that he would never even consider drinking one of his own. Maybe she thought she could help him out? He hadn't asked for it, but maybe she'd noticed... of course, that wasn't the only reason he was meeting her. She was supposed to talk to him about what to do about Kas... because it had become incredibly hard to ignore the fact that, yes, Echo did actually have a fairly sizable crush on the other boy. Maybe the Potions had just been an excuse to convince him, since 'let's meet up and talk about how you can make your move' would definitely not have gotten him out of his Common Room.

spaceEcho frowned when he realized that the dark-skinned girl was no where to be seen... but Kas was sitting at one of the tables. Well, that was... awkward. He glanced down at his attire; Tanya had told him to dress like... his eyes shot wider. Oh, God. This was a set up! The second year considered walking away... but he was pretty sure it'd be super obvious if he did. Besides, if he did... she'd probably show up and shove him into a chair. He bet she was watching... devious, meddling brat! Echo sat down across from Kas, trying not to look nervous or like he thought something was up. "Uh, hey, Kas... what're you doing here?" If the redhead said that he was meeting Tanya to study... Echo'd bet all the books in his library that Tanya was trying to hook them up. He pulled out his Potions textbook anyway, on the slim chance that it was just a coincidence. Although, that was mostly hopefulness on his part; he wasn't really sure he believed in coincidences.

════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                              ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ And the red queen's off with her head
                                                              Remember what the dormouse said.
                                                              ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Lady Pomegranates

Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
      • Demonic Associate 100
      • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
      • WilyTrickster 50

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
      • Conversationalist 100
      • Contributor 150
      • Peoplewatcher 100
      PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:23 pm
      User Image

t e l l m e s o m e t h i n g i d o n ' t k n o w - - -
      r a v t a b l e ✖
      l o n e s o m e s ✖
      d o n o t j u d g e m e
      f u c k !
      s i n g l e ✖
      C U R R E N T . A P P E A R A N C E

Kas wasn't in any hurry, despite the fact that Tanya was running a bit late to their study date. He was fine with it, really- - - truth be told he was often late to a lot of things as well, as much as he tried to usually get to his destinations on time. It was probably his tendency to stray off, since he was always easily distracted. It was something he didn't really like about himself, he decided. Like now. Wincing, he picked up where he left off on the page again, trying to wrap his head around the words once more as he waited for his friend to arrive. He still didn't know what was up, though he had suspicions that it wasn't just a study date- - - he liked to think he was smart, really- - - there wasn't much else he could do for the moment, so he simply waited. Eventually, it paid off. His patience had a pair of footsteps nearing the table, the gait coming closer, hearing the chair pulled out as the legs scraped against the floor. Looking up, however, Kas raised a brow.

Huh.

"You," he started with a wry smile, setting down his book. "Are definitely not Tanya," he finished with a small laugh, eyes lit. Picking up his book again, the redhead adjusted his position so he could face his friend better as he flipped the page. Nodding at the question, he tilted his head, mulling over the situation now. "Well, I was supposed to tutor Tanya in History," he replied, eyeing the Potions textbook in Echo's hands as well, prompting a corner of his lips to curl up into a knowing smile. "Did she need some Potions help as well?" he asked in return, knowing full well what the answer would be. He didn't know what was up, though, so he supposed he was just going to let it play out until it popped up somewhere.

Yukina101

Cara MiaKitty

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The Library

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 31 32 33 34 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
      Other Stuff
      Get GCash
      Offers
      Get Items
      More Items
      Where Everyone Hangs Out
      Other Community Areas
      Virtual Spaces
      Fun Stuff
      Gaia's Games
      Mini-Games