Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
How old were you when you knew you were Different? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mexy_Nicolas

2,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:23 am
I came to know I was gay at 12 on my birthday. Was curious on the net... so yeah :S  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:22 pm
uhm... I always had the tendencies but never fully realized till about 12 or 13  

Raeiko

Raleigh_Ronin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:03 pm
In 3rd grade I realized I had a crush on my best friend and stopped talking to and seeing him. I came out around 10th grade but I knew way before then.  
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 7:37 pm
Well, ever since I was little I always had more of an interest in girls (I am bisexual). When I was around five or six or seven, I found myself thinking about one of my really good friends and wondering why I felt this way. I kind of dismissed it as thinking about her as a super good friend. Then when I was eleven or twelve I kind of liked this girl who I thought was my friend. And then she started calling me a creep, even though I had done nothing to her or suggested that i had a thing for her or told her I was bisexual. I had actually told her a few days before that I liked this one guy in our class. She started bullying me over facebook and saying alot of mean things. But the real blow came when I heard from my best friend that she had made fun of me for being a lesbian. It really hurt.
But I feel sorry for her. She always cared too much about what people thought. She was a nice person, but she cared too much. I hope one day we can be friends again.
I am now fourteen and I know who I am. I feel it is important to be true to yourself and not give a rats a** about what people think of you. When they insult you, laugh and say "Thank you sir or madam. Your opinion has been taken into account and verified as lame. Have a nice day." 4laugh  

Margay777

pythonesque

Kawaii Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 7:18 pm
⇉ ♛ ⇇
I guess I initially realized around the age of 13. I had brief crushes on girls, which I need was outside the norm.
However, I wasn't especially interesting in dating, relationships, or anything until I was in college. That's when I embraced the difference and started to be more comfortable with it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:01 pm
I found out I was incorrectly placed in the wrong sex at around the time I could produce common sense. Then from there, things started to shift; I began to play with my mom's heels, wear her clothes, apply her make-up (much to my father's disdain), among other things.

Every Christmas I wanted the Powerpuff Girls (I never took care of the plushies, so I somehow always got new ones every Christmas or so). Eventually I got over the Powerpuff Girls and got into card games (Yu-Gi-Oh!, as an example), but I still knew something was wrong. By the time I'm in the middle-or-so of my Freshman year in High School, one of the therapists assigned to me proposes the notion that I might be transgender, which made so much sense to me, and still does.  

Hexenzirkel

MultiQuest

Sparkly Genius

7,300 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:41 pm
i officially came out when i was 16 as bisexual confused
when i was 17 i figured i was only attracted to women/femmes but i didn't feel i identified as lesbian. sweatdrop
around that time i found this site called downelink, it's basically the gay myspace, and i later identified as downe. surprised

Downe: n. A person who identifies as homosexual, gay, bisexual, or queer. Frequently used within Filipino American and Asian American GLBT communities. (Origns: California? or Hawaii?)
Source: urbandictionary ninja

then at 20 i came out as gender queer. whee

now i officially identify as gender queer as my gender identity, and queer/downe as my sexual/romantic orientation  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:23 pm
You know how there are some people who go through denial when they realize they're lgbt? Not me, more like I think I always knew. I had a "girlfriend' (role-play mate) when I was in 1st grade. (I say first grade it might have been earlier... quueerios~) Could I get any weirder? Then in high-school I figured out what lgbt was. Didn't help that I had gone to a very sheltered private school before high school, I was one naive kid, but I wasn't shocked or anything. It was more like "woah, there's a name for that? I thought I was just weird~"
4laugh  

untilthegothicrevolution

Hiacinth

Feral Fatcat

18,875 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:55 pm
I knew I was different way back when I first met a buttload of other kids in kindergarten. But that was just general different, the kind that makes you a loner in school. I first came out as Bi in 10th grade after a while of being in the GSA as a straight ally, but long before that I remember thinking to myself that I wouldn't judge myself or feel bad if I found myself crushing on another girl. It never happened until college though cat_sweatdrop , at which point I prompty freaked out.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:09 pm
I knew what I was when I was about 8 - 10, reaching puberty. That's when it really hit me that I was a female and fro then on, I began hating my own body in private. I always knew I wanted what boys had, literally since I was the age of 5 and not just the toys + the clothes but the way they were; I wanted to be a man when I grew up, express myself in a way a cisgendered men express themselves. Being a female was something I knew I never was from the word go pretty much. When and if I said I liked boys, it was mostly around other girls. But to be quite honest, I've always felt a deep desire to be in a heterosexual relationship with a woman since I was 9 and had begun practicing on kissing a fake Barbie "make-up model" head ((don't ask, I was a peculiar child and it was my only way to express myself)).  

morgus creep

Waffles

fadingthecolors

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:08 am
When I was in elementary school I was more interested in girls than guys. I didn't really know I was different until middle school when all my (girl) friends were talking about guys and I didn't find them attractive.

I didn't start liking guys until 8th grade  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:28 pm

According to my mom, she noticed I was trans at 3 years old. I had no interest in the average apparel or toys for little boys. I can only remember to the age of 5, however.

Throughout younger years my mom would convince me over and over again that what I was doing was wrong and that I needed to be bound by society's expectations of a male kid. It was at age 14 that I decided to confront my mom, said she was wrong, and that I was living a lie. Eventually she came to terms with it, and at age 16 I began my HRT.

I'm 19 now, and despite being told by many that I was mistaken, I believe I was always supposed to be the female I am today.

Celly Sunbutt

Aged Gatekeeper

11,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200

Clockwork Secrets

Ice-Cold Alchemist

8,600 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:35 pm
I realized I had an interest in girls when I was 11 and at the age of 13 I started getting confused when I started liking guys as well, which was when I learned what it meant to be bisexual. I'm 15 now and I'm still in the closet, I'm going to wait and hope my dad changes his opinion.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:20 pm
I never really had a confusing or conflicted experience with discovering my sexuality. I guess by the time I was 11 and had my first crush on a girl, I decided that I was bi. Now my mom had a very confusing and conflicted experience with my sexuality. I guess I'm lucky that she didn't disown me, considering she's a major homophobe!  

Katana left the site

Angelic Shade

Nomad Scavenger

Conservative Capitalist

10,625 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Fortuitous Finder 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:24 am
It was when I was just 16 years old, when I got into a long distance relationship with someone from the other side of the globe.

It didn't work out, and I'm doing my best to forget him.  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff