Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Introduce Yourself Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 6:03 pm
darklingtears
Hello everyone! My real name is Lisa. I am 20 years old and am from Missouri, but currently living in Iowa. I love pretty much everything that Rumiko Takahashi has made and have very little beef with the anime adaptations of them. I play a lot of video games, tabletop rpgs, card games, and board games in general. I also read a fair amount of manga, and fantasy, sci fi, supernatural genre books. I'm still in college so I have periods of my life where I seem to disappear off the face of the earth, but don't worry, I'm probably cramming for finals or some other important test. I enjoy watching anime, bad horror films, sci fi flicks, high fantasy movies, supernatural themed films, as well as superhero movies. My favorite food at the moment is ramen for three reasons: it's cheap, I can add a lot of stuff to it and make it as wholesome or lackluster as I please, the dairy monster and I are fighting right now and until that is settled I have a love hate relationship with pizza. I cosplayed as The Black Mage from final fantasy I at Naka Kon 2014. I am contemplating cosplaying as Invader Lum from Urusei Yatsura for Naka Kon 2016, but that depends on cost of materials and if I can get in shape in time.

Hi! It's nice to meet you! I'm Stephanie! (:
What an awesome intro! I love those kind of movies as well! If you have a pic of your cosplay, I would love to see it! We have a photo section that you can post under (:

Welcome to the Guild! ^^~

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:23 am
Konnichiwaa~ Ryo desuu~! > v< my real name actually is Ellen, but just call me ryo xDD i like to draw and sing also listening to music, any food and drink are fine to me, i'll eat 'em all > vo
actually i love all kind of anime, but my current favorite is Kuroko No basket and Free!
Wew, i'm a new member here, and i feel so excited to explore this guild > v<~!!
Yoroshiku onegaishimasuuu~  

Ryo Ichinomiya

Wheezing Fatcat

nerdiepi

Crew

Anxious Shounen

15,450 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:12 am
Ryo Ichinomiya
Konnichiwaa~ Ryo desuu~! > v< my real name actually is Ellen, but just call me ryo xDD i like to draw and sing also listening to music, any food and drink are fine to me, i'll eat 'em all > vo
actually i love all kind of anime, but my current favorite is Kuroko No basket and Free!

Hey there, Ryo! I'm glad you decided to join the guild! I'm sure you're going to have a lot of fun here, and make some new friends too (>uo)b
You said you liked Kuroko no Basuke, and Free!, and since they're both sports animes I was wondering if you had seen any of the other sports animes out there. I like Free! as well, and I also enjoy Haikyuu!! and Yowamushi no Pedal. vuv

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:30 am
nerdiepi
Ryo Ichinomiya

Hey there, Ryo! I'm glad you decided to join the guild! I'm sure you're going to have a lot of fun here, and make some new friends too (>uo)b
You said you liked Kuroko no Basuke, and Free!, and since they're both sports animes I was wondering if you had seen any of the other sports animes out there. I like Free! as well, and I also enjoy Haikyuu!! and Yowamushi no Pedal. vuv

emotion_kirakira emotion_kirakira tenkyuuhh
oh yowamushi pedal? i think i'm going to watch it after this << w>> ((not really updated haha))  

Ryo Ichinomiya

Wheezing Fatcat

Podgekin

Tiny Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:46 pm
3nodding Hello!
I'm Pdgekin, but you can call me Gina if you like.
I'm 25 and a Canadian Cosplayer.
I've been in the scene since 2005, and making costumes since 2002. I hang around Toronto and Niagara area conventions, and I also run a charity booth called Cosplay For A Cure at many of those cons.
I'm a theatrical costumer as well, so my trade extends across both my career and hobbies.
I love Sailor Moon, anything to do with Monster Girls, Lord of the Rings, and TERA Online.
My cosplay page is http://facebook.com/RedRibbonCosplay

Nice to meet you! heart  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:48 am
My name is Mika(Me-ka), and I'm 18. From California. My current favorite animes are Haikyuu!!, Free!, Owari no Seraph, and Tokyo ghoul. My hobbies include cosplaying, watching anime, reading Manga, drawing, writing, and meeting new people. My favorite food probably, would be pizza, or steak. And I'm still a beginner cosplayer. vuv  

guromika

Beloved Sex Symbol

5,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Befriended 100

nerdiepi

Crew

Anxious Shounen

15,450 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:00 am
guromika
My name is Mika(Me-ka), and I'm 18. From California. My current favorite animes are Haikyuu!!, Free!, Owari no Seraph, and Tokyo ghoul. My hobbies include cosplaying, watching anime, reading Manga, drawing, writing, and meeting new people. My favorite food probably, would be pizza, or steak. And I'm still a beginner cosplayer. vuv

Hi Mika! It's great to have you here, and I hope that within time you'll grow to be more accustomed to this guild! We seem to share a lot of interests, considering I also partake in all of the hobbies you have listed. vuv
Along with your hobbies, I'm also a fan of most of the anime you listed. I just got finished with Tokyo Ghoul, and I've gotta say it was amazing, and I'm actually just beginning Haikyuu!!. I do wonder what Owari no Seraph is/is about, though.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:59 am
nerdiepi
guromika

Hi Mika! It's great to have you here, and I hope that within time you'll grow to be more accustomed to this guild! We seem to share a lot of interests, considering I also partake in all of the hobbies you have listed. vuv
Along with your hobbies, I'm also a fan of most of the anime you listed. I just got finished with Tokyo Ghoul, and I've gotta say it was amazing, and I'm actually just beginning Haikyuu!!. I do wonder what Owari no Seraph is/is about, though.

Owari no Seraph is still airing, it's fairly new. It's a vampire anime where a human made virus kills off anyone over the age 13 and vampires arise to provide "protection" only to make the survivors "live stock" for blood-I don't wanna ruin to much, but that's p much the base. vuv
As the story moves it gets better, it includes demons as well. I'm currently trying to catch up w the manga, for Haikyuu also. Since soon haikyuu is getting season 2 and a movie(I think). It would be great to pm about them more!  

guromika

Beloved Sex Symbol

5,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Befriended 100

nerdiepi

Crew

Anxious Shounen

15,450 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:38 am
guromika
nerdiepi
guromika

Owari no Seraph is still airing, it's fairly new. It's a vampire anime where a human made virus kills off anyone over the age 13 and vampires arise to provide "protection" only to make the survivors "live stock" for blood-I don't wanna ruin to much, but that's p much the base. vuv
As the story moves it gets better, it includes demons as well. I'm currently trying to catch up w the manga, for Haikyuu also. Since soon haikyuu is getting season 2 and a movie(I think). It would be great to pm about them more!

Ooh, that sounds pretty cool! I'll definitely have to put that on my list of things to watch. And oh wow, Haikyuu might be getting a movie? I didn't know that, but that sounds awesome! I you want to pm about it, then I don't mind vuv Just shoot me a message whenever, about whatever aha.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:28 pm
ehh,, hi, i'm jasper, and i'm probably 0 years old. ehh, i like drawing, cosplaying, plants, and space. of course anime too !! ehh,, i have a lot of favorite animes but i believe my top 3 is jjba, owari no seraph, and haikyuu !! i hope to get along well with you all !!  

elfbride

Ornate Shapeshifter

6,400 Points
  • Married 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:10 am
guromika

Hi Mika,

I'm happy that you are getting along with our Crew Member Quinn (nerdiepi). Quinn is one of our experts on the ever growing Anime / Manga series out their. What Conventions have you gone to in California? We have Guild Members in California so their could be a chance to meet some of them. In our "West Coast" Convention Sub forum a few of our members have started threads and posted about conventions in California and other nearby states. Check it out. You may have gone to one of the cons that is listed in that Sub Forum.

Also, all of our Crew Members are here for you. You have met Quinn already which you have some things in common with. Also if you ever need help with altering, getting tips on, or Creating a Cosplay outfit we are here to help you. We have a tutorial Sub Forum and a Cosplay Help Sub Forum. You can start a thread and post your question their, post your question in a thread that has been already started, or simply send a message to me with your question. If you send a Cosplay Outfit Question to me I will let the rest of the Crew know about it and they will be happy to help you. If you post your question on one of the Sub Forums either a Crew Member or even another Guild Member will help you. We have many talented Guild Members which are also good at making Cosplay Outfits. We help cosplayers at all skill levels. Have fun in this guild and if you ever have a question my door is always open. You can certainly ask Quinn questions as well.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:58 am
princeliy
ehh,, hi, i'm jasper, and i'm probably 0 years old. ehh, i like drawing, cosplaying, plants, and space. of course anime too !! ehh,, i have a lot of favorite animes but i believe my top 3 is jjba, owari no seraph, and haikyuu !! i hope to get along well with you all !!

Hiya! Welcome ^^~
Ouu, I like plants too! What's one of your favourites?
I haven't watched those animes, but now I can add them to my list! Thanks!
I'm Stephanie- Nice to meet you cat_3nodding

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100

Cerigwen

Sparkly Wife

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:45 pm
Hello, thank you for the guild acceptance. yum_puddi Glad to be here and thank you for the warm welcoming!

Well, my real name is Bo, I'm 24 and I was born in October. I live in southern California at the moment, but I'm planning to move to Tennessee with my husband and his family soon. I have only cosplayed twice, but I've been to a couple cons, mostly in Colorado when I lived there. I'm hoping I can attend a con here in Cali before I move! One year, I cosplayed DIVA from Blood+ and my friend cosplayed Saya that year. It was really fun! In the future, I hope to do more cosplaying.

As far as animes, I am utterly obsessed with InuYasha. I never grew out of that series and I still read and watch it quite often to this day. I have a weakness for Rumiko Takahashi's works. I also adore Kamisama Hajimemashita. I'm currently reading the manga as it releases. I have a soft spot for romantic/adventure animes in general! I have many more favorites, but I don't want to make this too long!

As for gaming, I'm very much into MMO's (at least I was... until my brand new gaming PC broke emotion_facepalm such is life.) I used to play games like Perfect World International, Guild Wars 1, Guild Wars 2, Archeage, Forsaken World, TERA, DC Universe Online, Neverwinter, Elder Scrolls Online, Final Fantasy XIV: ARR (still fairly current on PS3), and Runescape. I would say my favorite single player games are Shadow of the Colossus, Okami, Skyrim (love the modding community), .hack//G.U. and Harvest Moon, to name a few heart

As for music, I don't really dislike any music besides distasteful screamo music. I can pretty much listen to anything and tolerate it. But genres that I enjoy are Deep House, J-pop/J-rock and classical music. I used to play the Viola for several years in an orchestra, but that's the only instrument I've really learned to play. One day, learning piano would be nice.

As for food, I guess I would say I enjoy a nice night out at the sushi bar! Other than that, my #1 is angel food cake. emotion_kirakira

Hobbies I like to do would be watching anime/movies/shows, gaming with friends, doing web design/decorating web pages, walking my dogs (I have a Shiba Inu named Inuyasha and a Chihuahua ( emotion_facepalm ) named Chula. I used to have a black cat named Merle but she passed away recently.) I have always been into horses throughout my life. When I was younger, I used to do a lot of horseback riding. Sometimes I would compete in shows like barrel racing and jumping. Horses are really great and one of my favorite animals. Ironically, my sign is year of the horse too!

I used to be in college for several years, but I threw my hands up and said I was done. It just wasn't for me and not only that, but I just couldn't afford textbooks and fees anymore. And I'm at home now to care for my mother who's getting regular chemo sessions anyway. It was more important!

A dream of mine is to travel to Japan! I truly admire Japanese culture.

This intro became incredibly longer than I thought. Apologies! So! It is nice to meet everyone ( '-')/

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:26 pm
Inubo
Hello, thank you for the guild acceptance. yum_puddi Glad to be here and thank you for the warm welcoming!

Well, my real name is Bo, I'm 24 and I was born in October. I live in southern California at the moment, but I'm planning to move to Tennessee with my husband and his family soon. I have only cosplayed twice, but I've been to a couple cons, mostly in Colorado when I lived there. I'm hoping I can attend a con here in Cali before I move! One year, I cosplayed DIVA from Blood+ and my friend cosplayed Saya that year. It was really fun! In the future, I hope to do more cosplaying.

As far as animes, I am utterly obsessed with InuYasha. I never grew out of that series and I still read and watch it quite often to this day. I have a weakness for Rumiko Takahashi's works. I also adore Kamisama Hajimemashita. I'm currently reading the manga as it releases. I have a soft spot for romantic/adventure animes in general! I have many more favorites, but I don't want to make this too long!

As for gaming, I'm very much into MMO's (at least I was... until my brand new gaming PC broke emotion_facepalm such is life.) I used to play games like Perfect World International, Guild Wars 1, Guild Wars 2, Archeage, Forsaken World, TERA, DC Universe Online, Neverwinter, Elder Scrolls Online, Final Fantasy XIV: ARR (still fairly current on PS3), and Runescape. I would say my favorite single player games are Shadow of the Colossus, Okami, Skyrim (love the modding community), .hack//G.U. and Harvest Moon, to name a few heart

As for music, I don't really dislike any music besides distasteful screamo music. I can pretty much listen to anything and tolerate it. But genres that I enjoy are Deep House, J-pop/J-rock and classical music. I used to play the Viola for several years in an orchestra, but that's the only instrument I've really learned to play. One day, learning piano would be nice.

As for food, I guess I would say I enjoy a nice night out at the sushi bar! Other than that, my #1 is angel food cake. emotion_kirakira

Hobbies I like to do would be watching anime/movies/shows, gaming with friends, doing web design/decorating web pages, walking my dogs (I have a Shiba Inu named Inuyasha and a Chihuahua ( emotion_facepalm ) named Chula. I used to have a black cat named Merle but she passed away recently.) I have always been into horses throughout my life. When I was younger, I used to do a lot of horseback riding. Sometimes I would compete in shows like barrel racing and jumping. Horses are really great and one of my favorite animals. Ironically, my sign is year of the horse too!

I used to be in college for several years, but I threw my hands up and said I was done. It just wasn't for me and not only that, but I just couldn't afford textbooks and fees anymore. And I'm at home now to care for my mother who's getting regular chemo sessions anyway. It was more important!

A dream of mine is to travel to Japan! I truly admire Japanese culture.

This intro became incredibly longer than I thought. Apologies! So! It is nice to meet everyone ( '-')/

Greetings Bo,

Welcome to the Guild!! This Guild is the place to meet others that have the same interests as yourself. I feel for your loss of your cat. Being a cat Lover I truly feel your pain. I especially Love Black Cats being born on Halloween.

As for Gaming, we will be having a new Questionnaire contest based on Video Games. Our Guild Greeter who you already met is working with our Crew Member Quinn to finish the details on that contest. So keep an eye out for it. Either Stephanie or I will announce when it starts.

Inuyasha is an interesting series and if we don't have an official thread for it I will see that it happens in the near future. We have a Sub Forum called Anime, Manga, and Video Game Discussions. That is where you will find specific threads for certain series. Feel free to check them out and the rest of the Guild.

We are here to answer your questions, share in your experiences, and welcome you to our little corner of the Anime / Cosplay Community.

Again welcome and if you have any questions feel free to send a message to either Stephanie or myself.

Ron (Smithers456)
Guild Vice Captain)

PS - Your Intro wasn't long. No worries Their. smile  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

Cerigwen

Sparkly Wife

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:56 pm
smithers456

Greetings Bo,

Welcome to the Guild!! This Guild is the place to meet others that have the same interests as yourself. I feel for your loss of your cat. Being a cat Lover I truly feel your pain. I especially Love Black Cats being born on Halloween.

As for Gaming, we will be having a new Questionnaire contest based on Video Games. Our Guild Greeter who you already met is working with our Crew Member Quinn to finish the details on that contest. So keep an eye out for it. Either Stephanie or I will announce when it starts.

Inuyasha is an interesting series and if we don't have an official thread for it I will see that it happens in the near future. We have a Sub Forum called Anime, Manga, and Video Game Discussions. That is where you will find specific threads for certain series. Feel free to check them out and the rest of the Guild.

We are here to answer your questions, share in your experiences, and welcome you to our little corner of the Anime / Cosplay Community.

Again welcome and if you have any questions feel free to send a message to either Stephanie or myself.

Ron (Smithers456)
Guild Vice Captain)

PS - Your Intro wasn't long. No worries Their. smile

Thank you! emotion_kirakira
Oh wow, that's a cool b-day to have. My father's b-day was on halloween as well. I kind of wish mine was, just for the sake of it. Mine is a week before halloween.

I love cats too though! My cat passed away very unexpectedly. I went to bed that night with her, woke up and she was gone, just like that. There was nothing wrong with her, she was perfectly healthy and she was only 5 years old. But I suppose that's just the nature of cats. They have very sudden problems that arise.

I'll check out the forums! I've been away from Gaia for like 4 years, so just coming back into the swing of things.

Cheers emotion_yatta

User Image

Convention Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games