Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
Welcome to the guild! Introduce yourself here! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Welcome! ^_^
  =D
  D=
View Results

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:46 pm
Aoife
Hello oj_x chris (ahhh! super saiyan) and shadow!
I look forward to getting to know you both!

How old are your children Shadow? I have 3 myself, but they are older, but I do daycare so I am surrounded by children frequently. heart
My daughter just turned 4 and my son is a year old.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:27 pm
Shadows-shine

I love those ages! They can grow so fast those first years and learn so much, it's always a riot to hear what they come up with next and just watching them can bring so much joy. (And sometimes so much frustration too, lol)  

Aoife

Beloved Worshipper

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:21 am
Aoife
Shadows-shine

I love those ages! They can grow so fast those first years and learn so much, it's always a riot to hear what they come up with next and just watching them can bring so much joy. (And sometimes so much frustration too, lol)
I know! I can't believe my daughter is 4 already! It feels like only yesterday that she came home from the hospital. And they truly are amusing! I love to just sit and play with both my kids and watch them play together.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:56 pm
Shadows-shine
Hi, I'm Shadow. I am married, two kids. Love my family with all my heart and soul. I have two dogs, bichon and a german mastiff. I also own a chinchilla.
I try to keep an open mind. I am passionate. Love a good debate. Look forward to chatting, debating, and coversing with you all.

I would like to welcome you to the guild, and to say that I am glad you joined us. smile That's a large dog! What is your pet's names?  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:01 pm
Noxious Divinity
Well I guess to start off with everyone can call me Kit, Kit Kat, Kitten, or Fox I really respond to most things yelled in my direction so it doesn't really matter I suppose. My pet doesn't currently live with me but I have a cat named Tara she has a crooked tail and a sassy personality...just like her mum. Currently my favorite verse is 1 Corinthians 13:11 and my favorite book in the bible would have to be Revelations love how cryptic it is puzzles always have been a thing for me. I don't have a denomination because in my book I am just a child of the living God. The church I attend is however a non-denominational church but we are a bit different from most following mostly the teachings of Bill Johnson and others like him. The country I live in is the U.S.A. As of right now my favorite colors are earthy browns, leaf greens, and emeralds with an array of other colors that catch my eye mostly sky blues and soft pinks. Occupation is none right now however I am studying medicine as well as the culinary arts. I have been a sold out christian for really my entire life so yay to all of 20 years! My calling is to be a Prophetess if you aren't sure what that is I am sure that one of the lovely crew members or google can give you some good information seeing as its a bit hard to explain in detail without taking up seven pages worth of typing. Thank you for letting me join the guild!

P.S. Mr. Green Very Nice Ed Avi Thumbs Up.

Thank you very much for the compliment, and welcome to the guild! I hope you'll enjoy it, and find it useful. Revelations is a great part of the Bible! A lot of people are scared by it, but it is full of hope. smile Both medicine and culinary arts? Which one of them would you say is your favorite?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:44 pm
Garland-Green
Shadows-shine
Hi, I'm Shadow. I am married, two kids. Love my family with all my heart and soul. I have two dogs, bichon and a german mastiff. I also own a chinchilla.
I try to keep an open mind. I am passionate. Love a good debate. Look forward to chatting, debating, and coversing with you all.

I would like to welcome you to the guild, and to say that I am glad you joined us. smile That's a large dog! What is your pet's names?
Bichon's name is Blanca; chinchilla's name is Zi (pronounced Zee); The German Mastiff's name is General. He's still a puppy, so he's not that big yet, but he will soon be bigger than me!  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

Kamii Inarii

Friendly Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:01 am
Hi! You can call me Kamii,by the way "Kamii" is taken from Kaminari means thunder.I know it's weird but I do like thunder,It feels like it's telling something.I believe that when it thunders God is communicating with us or something.Anyways we have 2 cats.We call them "Ming".My favorite Bible verse is "If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you". – John 15:18-19 (NIV).My favorite books are Revelation,Proverbs,Sirach,and those of the Prophets.I really don't know what to say about my beliefs because I'm quite confused.I'm from the Philippines.My favorite colors are light colors.Well I'm just a highschool graduate and its a long story why I ended up like that.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:31 pm
Garland-Green

Welcome and thank you very much for joining! smile You don't mind if I ask do you?
What do you mean with "reserved"? What type of kitchen do you work at?
Sorry if I am asking too many questions. I love to learn about the different people joining this guild.

Hi there, Garland (can I call you Garland?). By "reserved" I mean that I don't believe that people should be "controlled" by the Spirit, doing weird things like going around roaring like a lion, uncontrollably laughing or crying, etc. I would be willing to explain why I don't believe in doing those things.
There are types of kitchens? Ummm, a fairly normal one, I guess. We have lots of deep fried foods, LOTS of fries, steaks, burgers, pasta, and a choice of three different salads and some desserts as well.
Thanks for your questions! smile  

Orizion

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:50 am
ll-Princess Kamii-ll
Hi! You can call me Kamii,by the way "Kamii" is taken from Kaminari means thunder.I know it's weird but I do like thunder,It feels like it's telling something.I believe that when it thunders God is communicating with us or something.Anyways we have 2 cats.We call them "Ming".My favorite Bible verse is "If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you". – John 15:18-19 (NIV).My favorite books are Revelation,Proverbs,Sirach,and those of the Prophets.I really don't know what to say about my beliefs because I'm quite confused.I'm from the Philippines.My favorite colors are light colors.Well I'm just a highschool graduate and its a long story why I ended up like that.
Hello and welcome to the guild Kamii! Sirach? I am unfamiliar with that book...  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:53 am
Orizion
Garland-Green

Welcome and thank you very much for joining! smile You don't mind if I ask do you?
What do you mean with "reserved"? What type of kitchen do you work at?
Sorry if I am asking too many questions. I love to learn about the different people joining this guild.

Hi there, Garland (can I call you Garland?). By "reserved" I mean that I don't believe that people should be "controlled" by the Spirit, doing weird things like going around roaring like a lion, uncontrollably laughing or crying, etc. I would be willing to explain why I don't believe in doing those things.
There are types of kitchens? Ummm, a fairly normal one, I guess. We have lots of deep fried foods, LOTS of fries, steaks, burgers, pasta, and a choice of three different salads and some desserts as well.
Thanks for your questions! smile

You can call me Garland. smile I see. I couldn't agree with you more.
Personally I don't think these things are fruits of the spirit, but more so a deception. The Bible mentions what is the fruits of the spirit, and it seems too important not be mentioned these thing that are going on in the churches today.

Galatians 5:22-23
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Bubble_Th0ughts

Hallowed Lover

11,840 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:21 pm
1. Pets~ Lucy, puppy, Beagle
~ Jada, 4 years, Lab
~Roy, Puppy, Beagle
~Linus, 6 Years, Beagle

2. 1 John 4:18

3. Genesis

4. Baptsist

5. USA

6. Pink

7. School~

I'm 15 years old. I go to a really good church. I <3 God!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:00 pm
Hi, I'm MemoryOfTomorrow, aka Memory, aka Orchid!

I'm not sure how you guys found me or why you decided to invite me, but I'm glad you did. It's good to know that there's a Christian guild on GO that isn't dipped in sugar or slightly insane, as this one seems to be neither.

So, following the initial instructions:
1. My cat's name is Miracle, and I cohabit with a dog named Zoe (my dad's)
2. I'm partial to the Love Chapter, as I forget to love Everyone and what love entails
3. Proverbs is handy (well, all of it is good, heh), but I like the Gospels best as they keep the best example of God on earth. Miracles, work, teachings, joy, happiness and sadness - the best way to react to fallen creation.
4. PCA, with a healthy dose of non-denominational and a funky inner metronome during musical worship
5. United States
6. Blue, best paired with black and silver
7. Student/ blueberry-picker/ retail/ office work and librarian (all at the same time, yay!)

I'm far more confident in my head-knowledge than my heart, to be completely open, struggle with addiction (which I will not talk about except in abstract; very personal), and am figuring out this whole "Joy" thing slowly but surely. How's that for an intro? Anyone I need to say hi to specifically, or thank for inviting me?  

memoryoftomorrow

Melodious Lunatic

12,200 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150

ang3lKist

Timid Shapeshifter

28,775 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:49 pm
1. I have two Border Collies named Lizzie and Emma, two cats named George and Hendrix, four goldfish who don't have names yet because they are new, and a dutch rabbit named Willie.
2. Matthew 17:20 "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." I think it's mind blowing and humbling and inspiring.
3. I like reading the book of Acts.
4.I'm a Lutheran. (WELS)
5.US
6. I think that Metalic blue is beautiful.
7. I'm a college student with a work study in the dinning hall.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:59 am
1. A cat named Sher Khan, another cat named Bagheera, a bunch of fish (I only named one Long Fins)
2. John 3:16
3. Esther (Thats my name!)
4. I'm not sure
5. USA
6. Green
7. Babysitter

Hi, I'm Esther! I just wanted to say I enjoy the daily verses.  

Mx Kris Kringle

Anxious Tipper

7,625 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Window Shopper 100

Kiara de la BlueRose

Interesting Gekko

8,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:25 am
1. Name your pets :Ivan, Ricky, Nenna (Chihuahuas). Hannah(Turtle) {R.I.P Alexa who was a pit-bull, Taco who was a chihuahua but was very old and sickly and Butters my lovely guinea pig who passed into the great beyond.}
2. List your favorite Bible verse razz salm 121:7 ~ The lord will keep you from all evil; he will keep your life.
3. List your favorite book of the Bible: Exodus 20
4. Your denomination/beliefs:I believe that God created and loves his children and nobody but him, the lord, has the right to say whether someone will forever be doomed in the bowels of were Satan lives.
5. The name of your country:I live In Massachusetts
6. Your favorite color :Green, Blue, Purple, and Red I don't have just one considering I am an artist.
7. Your occupation :I am going to college to get my masters in graphic design, and I work in a grocery store for now. I also do treatments in the hospital Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.

The Bible

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games