Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Undergoing Character Creation Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 40 41 42 43 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Announcement on pg. 37
  ^u^ ~<3
View Results

glitterboypilot

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:30 pm
arononkorr
sounds good to me. so...who all has characters so far?
Lady Liz, Terei, You... I don't know about ILL, and I am currently working on mine. I know Cross said he wanted to play, a summoner... but nothing turned in yet  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:57 am
Lady Lizabee
iLL iNTENT
Might expound on the background once my brain's feeling less fuzzy, but I'm pretty much all done.

Introducing Culwyn Crowell, Kitsune Oracle of the Heavens

where'd you find all the items?
like, magic ones...
all i find on the site is stuff on how to make items

Lady Lizabee
I think i did learning my spells wrong...
you start of with spells equal to your spells per a day right?

For magic items, just scroll down and look at the table on the left-hand side of the page. You'll find a section titled 'Magic Items' with links to each category of items, Magic Weapons, Armor, Rings, Wondrous Items, etc.

As for spells, witches are similar to wizards. They begin play knowing all level 0 witch spells, and three level 1 spells, plus a number of bonus spells equal to their INT mod. Each time they level up, they learn two more spells, which may be of any spell level they are able to cast after leveling up.

So your witch would only know 14 non-cantrip spells so far, not including your patron spells.

Witches are a bit different than wizards, however. They don't keep spellbooks like wizards do. Instead, a witches familiar stores all of her spells in its mind. At the start of each day, a witch prepares her spells by communing with her familiar for an hour.

Aside from leveling up, a witch can teach new spells to her familiar via a scroll, or by communing with another witch's familiar. You can find the details of this process here  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

arononkorr

3,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:58 am
iLL iNTENT
Lady Lizabee
iLL iNTENT
Might expound on the background once my brain's feeling less fuzzy, but I'm pretty much all done.

Introducing Culwyn Crowell, Kitsune Oracle of the Heavens

where'd you find all the items?
like, magic ones...
all i find on the site is stuff on how to make items

Lady Lizabee
I think i did learning my spells wrong...
you start of with spells equal to your spells per a day right?

For magic items, just scroll down and look at the table on the left-hand side of the page. You'll find a section titled 'Magic Items' with links to each category of items, Magic Weapons, Armor, Rings, Wondrous Items, etc.

As for spells, witches are similar to wizards. They begin play knowing all level 0 witch spells, and three level 1 spells, plus a number of bonus spells equal to their INT mod. Each time they level up, they learn two more spells, which may be of any spell level they are able to cast after leveling up.

So your witch would only know 14 non-cantrip spells so far, not including your patron spells.

Witches are a bit different than wizards, however. They don't keep spellbooks like wizards do. Instead, a witches familiar stores all of her spells in its mind. At the start of each day, a witch prepares her spells by communing with her familiar for an hour.

Aside from leveling up, a witch can teach new spells to her familiar via a scroll, or by communing with another witch's familiar. You can find the details of this process here

Familiars are much more fun than spell-books, and easier to carry about razz  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:40 am
glitterboypilot
arononkorr
sounds good to me. so...who all has characters so far?
Lady Liz, Terei, You... I don't know about ILL, and I am currently working on mine. I know Cross said he wanted to play, a summoner... but nothing turned in yet

iLL posted his earlier and Rafe is in the process of making his.  

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:30 am
so, i was redoing my items, when i saw the item mage hand...before i go buying something worth 900g, does the at will mage hand effect count towards my spells, or is that just an unlimited standard action?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:39 am
So, I'm thinking about giving my Empyreal Knight Paladin the Eldrich Bloodline feat and taking the Abyssal bloodline... I wanna know everyone's opinion on just how stupid/unoriginal of an idea this is.  

RafeRavel

Dangerous Survivor

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:45 am
Lady Lizabee
so, i was redoing my items, when i saw the item mage hand...before i go buying something worth 900g, does the at will mage hand effect count towards my spells, or is that just an unlimited standard action?

It does NOT count towards your spells, as far as I can see.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:46 am
Lady Lizabee

As it as an item, you don't need to use a spell slot for mage hand... if you don't then you have to get mage hand to use it. It would be one of your 0 level spells so it would be unlimited ether way... personally I say it is worth it, for the fact of a free slot  

glitterboypilot

glitterboypilot

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:50 am
RafeRavel
So, I'm thinking about giving my Empyreal Knight Paladin the Eldrich Bloodline feat and taking the Abyssal bloodline... I wanna know everyone's opinion on just how stupid/unoriginal of an idea this is.
You would be a descendant of Sparta(devil may cry)...or trying to be him... other than that it would be interesting

OR

Your character is trying to prove that even a demon spawn can become a saint  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:03 am
glitterboypilot
RafeRavel
You would be a descendant of Sparta(devil may cry)...or trying to be him... other than that it would be interesting

OR

So either way, stupid and unoriginal.  

RafeRavel

Dangerous Survivor

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:14 am
another dumb question, but for necklace of fireballs, i cant find out where the charge count for it is. Does it have one?

nvm  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:42 am
RafeRavel
glitterboypilot
RafeRavel

OR

The idea maybe, but nothing says you can't put a new spin on it to make it original and your own. Like saying, his mother was the queen, and he was born out of an affair between her and an unknown. To hide her shame, she locked the child up, where an old paladin/priest be friend him and helped the child escape... while under the old priest's tutorge the child learned the grace of the heavens and the power of a sword

Edit: Also he could not know of his ancestors  

glitterboypilot

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:46 am
Although I really really want to play, my brother is getting married friday and like most things with him... my life is put on hold to get everything perfect... I don't have the time to finish my summoner, my eidilon is done my summoner isn't... sorry  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:53 pm
glitterboypilot
RafeRavel
glitterboypilot
RafeRavel

OR

The idea maybe, but nothing says you can't put a new spin on it to make it original and your own. Like saying, his mother was the queen, and he was born out of an affair between her and an unknown. To hide her shame, she locked the child up, where an old paladin/priest be friend him and helped the child escape... while under the old priest's tutorge the child learned the grace of the heavens and the power of a sword

Edit: Also he could not know of his ancestors

I say roll with it. that would make for a neat plot twist later on.  

arononkorr

3,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:05 pm
Alright, so I will looking at the sheets submitted thus far.

Be prepared for my commentary....  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 40 41 42 43 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games