Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Geezerville ~ RP's
Wonderland Project: Planning and OOCs - OPEN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Where do your loyalties lie?
  Gold!!!
  Long live the Queen of Hearts!
  Long live the Queen of Diamonds!
  I like toast.
  Long live the Queen of Clubs!
  Long live the Queen of Spades!
  To hell with them all!
  Don't know and have no opinion.
  *throws rocks at ThisEmptySoul*
  Loyalty? What's that?
View Results

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 1:02 pm
My narcissism gives me a bias when I read old posts and I mostly only read my own ninja But I was going to go through people's try-outs here and force myself to read other people's posts to get a better handle on their characters when I got to their parts in the story. Kai/Kaori are the ones I'm at most of a loss for and they play some vital roles sweatdrop

It's unfortunate a lot of the images don't work anymore, but there's been so many more item releases that I don't think people would go with the same outfits anyway.

Also seems kind of silly to do now, but I went and edited a link in one of my posts to direct to wikipedia instead because I got curious about what I was talking about and found that the video link just gives a bunch of pop ups when you try to watch it now stare But it was one of the wonderland renditions I watched {Alice in the Country of Hearts} that I completely forgot about even existing. I went and found it elsewhere on the internet and watched it again and it was so full of nonsense, but this time around I feel I understood it better from the perspective that it looked like they were trying to cram too much of the manga into about an hour and a half of runtime and kind of expected you to have read the manga to understand the characters. At least that's the impression I got. I never actually did get around to looking for the manga, even though the manga art looked better.

Bah... I'm rambling... *wanders off to start the roleplay thread, then get around to proofreading chapter 2* sweatdrop

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 9:29 pm
Okay, so... most of what I was thinking of saying, Tes already did. cat_lol It's actually kind of creepy how much of it. cat_sweatdrop I even started watching the anime again last night. Mostly because of the comments we made about it.

It's been so long since those tryouts were posted... I think some of the characters have evolved since then, even if you only count up to when the roleplay died out.  

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 10:39 pm
I know mine have, but not by a whole lot sweatdrop

I think they evolved more in the course of since I started the roleplay than they have in the dying years of it, but at least I have a better understanding of where they all come from now than I did through most of the time I played them. Some of them it might still be harder to get back into character for. Tes and Draa are {obviously} the most natural, and Mir I've used recently in another story I was planning out {and didn't finish stressed }, but Ry and Vass might take a bit more work because I'm out of practice. Vass more than anything I suspect. He was a raw nerve when I made him so I always had a hard time with him and didn't develop him properly.

Taus is pretty superficial so probably won't be a problem.

Speaking of, my future plans for when I thought I was writing the entire thing myself was reinstating Taus as a cheshire cat and having both him and Kits filling the part. In dungeons and dragons terms, Taus would be chaotic evil and Kits would be chaotic good. I certainly wouldn't be the first to split the cheshire cat's role into two... I just don't remember where else I'd seen it before to look into how they did it sweatdrop But basically my idea was that Kits would be helpful to Mir when she needs the help whereas Taus is... well... Taus.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 10:54 pm
Kits is easy for me to get back into character for. I think Karrie's actually the hardest, even though I played him a lot. I guess I just don't like the way the character evolved during the roleplay, so it stopped being as much fun for me. cat_stressed Mitri is pretty much Karrie, only younger, and somehow more fun to play with.

Having two cheshire cats could be interesting. I don't think I've seen a version like that. I'm sure you've watched a lot more than I have though. cat_lol  

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 11:08 pm
Given how out of practice anyone who would be coming back likely would be, I honestly wouldn't have a problem with someone scrapping everything about their character's past and starting from scratch if they needed to. I've even long suspected that characters' personalities and backstories becoming too convoluted is part of what wore people out to begin with.

The whole idea was to be fun, but it was hard to change a character's story if you ended up not liking it after you'd already put it out there, especially with an a*****e like me out there pointing out all the inconsistencies.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 5:59 am
lady ayami chan
Faerie KatrinaZ
As requested, this thread is now unlocked and open for further planning and comments. 4laugh

Much obliged your fair-aerie-ness! gaia_diamond

((Seriously, I reread my try outs... I can't write like that anymore! stressed ))

You're welcome, ayami! Good to see you back! 4laugh

((I have to catch up on rereading this thread, yet. sweatdrop ))

*Stickies thread* 4laugh  

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

lady leko-chan

Desirable Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 6:20 pm
*Leko/Aya are easy for me, super easy. Franco though... I can't find my old Italian references etc. stressed I also don't have the same jerk off men around me now to reference for the goons. Maybe that's better. emotion_yatta *

*I'm trying to close up my old story arc though, I have no idea where I was planning to go with it, I think it was right at the time I decided to get a divorce so I was playing out some really weird mental things* emotion_facepalm  
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 12:34 pm
My body decided to conspire against me and now I'm super sick stare So updates are going to be slow as I convince myself I'm not dying.  

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

lady leko-chan

Desirable Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 7:06 pm
ThisEmptySoul
My body decided to conspire against me and now I'm super sick stare So updates are going to be slow as I convince myself I'm not dying.

No worries, graduation here and so many NY colleagues in town so take your time. I do have one major problem though, I apparently don't have a lotus item anymore (snake body)? I have no idea... trying to resolve that  
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:01 pm
lady leko-chan
I do have one major problem though, I apparently don't have a lotus item anymore (snake body)? I have no idea... trying to resolve that
Given the inflation and all, I wouldn't worry too much about looking the part. Miro did happen to still have one, though. I thought I sold them all.  

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

lady leko-chan

Desirable Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 10:11 pm
ThisEmptySoul
lady leko-chan
I do have one major problem though, I apparently don't have a lotus item anymore (snake body)? I have no idea... trying to resolve that
Given the inflation and all, I wouldn't worry too much about looking the part. Miro did happen to still have one, though. I thought I sold them all.

emotion_kirakira  
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 1:47 am
ready for my close up ~ twisted
User Image  

lady leko-chan

Desirable Sex Symbol

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 11:35 pm
So, in my cold medicine and fever induced musings, where I could have been thinking of the immediate next step of the story, I was instead planning out the end and have gotten into a debate with myself over it having a regular Alice in Wonderland-esque ending of things getting crazy and Mir waking up, or with Mir and Draa having a heart-to-heart about her obvious crush on him and his inability to love. The second sounds overly dramatic for the story, but it sounded good in my head at the time... but I am on drugs so...  
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 9:09 pm
Sounds like you're in the right frame of mind for Wonderland. cat_lol The second ending does sound really dramatic, but I think it could be interesting to see it play out.  

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 1:28 pm
Well, now that I'm -not- on drugs, the overly dramatic ending sounds like a terrible idea. I do want them to have that conversation at some point, but it wouldn't fit in with the story... unless the story turns out completely different than I'm expecting.

On an unrelated note, if anyone's got some
burnt filaments laying around, I could use 5 of them. Or I guess you could sell them if you need the gold... they're damn expensive. stressed

Edit: huh... just noticed the peanut gallery was gone. Guess I could just as well have included it here if I'd thought about it earlier... but yeah, so, now that I've gotten back to feeling like I might actually belong in the land of the living afterall, I'll hopefully be back to writing tomorrow. Not today because the spouse keeps wanting me to play video games with them on their time off. I don't write well when they're home anyway.

But what I was going to say that was kind of random {aside from the burnt filaments} was that I had an oddly Ayami/Leko themed string of dreams last night emotion_eyebrow

One of them, Ayami took me in like a stray animal and even gave me a pet name... though I don't remember what it was.

In another one, Ayami/Leko's mum showed up and she was a 6 armed spider demon woman that wanted to mate with Ayami and then eat her for some reason. I don't really know what her motivations were, but she was creepy as hell. Ayami didn't recognize her, but Leko did and she had to keep Ayami from being seduced.

And another Tes and Leko were banging.... not sure what the context was... if there was one...

Geezerville ~ RP's

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games