Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Second Year Classes
Advanced Flying I ~ Lesson 1/3 (Open 11/22) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:04 pm
Professor Landon Price
Muggleborn Former Hufflepuff
Professor of Advanced Flying

User ImageUser Image
                                    Location: Class (on the pitch) - Tuesday @ 3:00pm

“Good afternoon class. Today is the day you’ve all been waiting for because we will be learning how to do a barrel roll on our brooms. So if you don’t have one I suggest coming up and taking a broom please.” Landon instructed as he waited for everyone present to grab a broom before starting. “Alright, before we all go flying around I don’t want anyone having to take a trip to the hospital wing so listen up.” He told them before continuing. “A barrel roll is a roll going from side to side for the purpose of avoiding an object, while continuing on a straight path. In order to do this safely, you keep a firm grip on your broom and lock your feet and legs together, before you lean over with enough force to spin all the way around. It doesn’t take much.” Landon explained.

“Now I’ll demonstrate and then you all can have at it.” Landon told them as he got onto his broom. Pushing off the ground he circled around before going in a straight path. Locking himself to his broom Landon leaned over to his side with enough force to spin all the way around until he was back upright before coming to a complete stop. "So who wants to give it a shot?"

With: my second year class

Wearing: Professional

OOC: - - -

Devlyn Maycry
                                    Flick Horne, Slytherin : 0/3 || 0 Reports

Jade Galaksylph
                                    Ivar Eriksson, Hufflepuff : 0/3 || 0 Reports

murruelecreuset
                                    Candace Mackenzie, Hufflepuff : 1/3 || 0 Reports
                                    Kimberly Leon, Slytherin : 1/3 || 0 Reports

The Forgotten Weasley
                                    Alexander Avery, Gryffindor : 0/3 || 0 Reports

Xistund
                                    Deaus Whightshade, Ravenclaw : 1/3 || 0 Reports

Diamond Wales
                                    Reuben Horne, Gryffindor : 0/3 || 0 Reports

The Shiny Furret
                                    Skylar Macclellan, Hufflepuff : 0/3 || 0 Reports

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:14 pm
New Year 2036 - 2037

Reminder...

Each student must attend a minimum of two lessons or face losing house points. Unless reason is given either in the absent thread or through private message. If reason is given it will count as if you were present for that class lesson.  

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:24 pm
Professor Landon Price

User ImageUser Image

Landon walked onto the field for his first class of the year. He was looking forward to seeing what students would be taking his class. It was always interesting to see. He wanted to leave them with a lasting impression and hopefully he'd have some enjoyable students that would want to continue the following year. As students started to come onto the field Landon smiled. "Good afternoon everyone, I hope your first week back has been going well so far. I'm Professor Price and I'll be your instructor for the next two years." he told them brightly. "Before we get into introductions I'd like to inform you about some class rules. Don't worry they aren't that bad. All I ask of you is to come prepared and on time for class. Listen to instruction and no horsing around. The last thing I want is someone getting hurt and I'm sure you don't want that either." He said looking over the sea of students. "Lastly wands aren't needed so they can remain in your bags. Aside from that have fun and try your best. I assure you, that your hard work and effort will pay off." Landon added with a smile.

"Now, moving on to something more fun, since this is my first time seeing all of you I'd like you to tell me your names, houses, and why you decided to take my class." Landon instructed. "I understand that a lot of you want to play Quidditch while you're here, but I'm sure you all aren't going out to be pros afterwards." he added with a smile. "So, if you plan on playing Quidditch I'd love to hear what position you would like to play or currently play."

Miss GryffindorK
                                    Driskol Abrams, Ravenclaw : 0/3 || 0 Reports

The Forgotten Weasley
                                    Lydia Spencer, Hufflepuff : 0/3 || 0 Reports

Kungfudemoness
                                    Hikaru Nakano, Ravenclaw : 0/3 || 0 Reports
                                    Jillian Faulkner, Gryffindor : 0/3 || 0 Reports

kiska166
                                    Brianna Overton, Gryffindor : 0/3 || 0 Reports

TheRealKiru
                                    Vavara Hawkthorne, Slytherin : 0/3 || 0 Reports

The Shiny Furret
                                    Marcello Fioravanti, Ravenclaw : 0/3 || 0 Reports

Diamond Wales
                                    Darrell Cherri, Gryffindor : 0/3 || 0 Reports
                                    Ji-Yeong Cho, Hufflepuff : 0/3 || 0 Reports

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:21 pm
User Image
VαvαrαxHαwkethorne

House: Slytherin [2nd Year] || Location: Advanced Flying || Mood: Eager

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Coming along with the group of students for the advanced flying class, Vavara was eager to continue her learning of how to control a broomstick, although her first class was somewhat difficult due to her feeling of unease the moment she rose to any height above six feet or so. Thankfully her fear did not show too much, as she forced her mind else as best she could while her body made the necessary movements and orders in order for the broomstick to accelerate, slow down, and other various technical terms that she had only a novice's knowledge of from a first year perspective. While she hadn't remembered signing up for this class, her heart came to a full stop when she saw it on her schedule for her second year. Still, she would just have to do her best and remain composed enough to not fall off the broomstick mid flight. The other students who gathered here, on the other hand, seemed so full of joy and energy from the looks of them. Unfortunately, she still had not seen Ji ever since she got back in Hogwarts, something that made her wonder if she could even find him in a huge castle like this. You'd think it'd be easier to find him here. Especially given his appearance. A moment of thought passed by before she realized what she had just thought. Would that be considered offensive to him? She didn't want to say it, but most people would probably recognize Ji out of a group for some...obvious reasons. It had come out of seemingly nowhere, but what surprised her was how blunt and quickly it came to her. She silently cursed her easily frustrated nature before her gaze settled upon a couple of other students showing up.

A short time after the last student had gathered, a dark gray haired man spoke up, welcoming all of the students to advanced flying. The name of the class swirled in Vavara's mind, almost as if they were taunting her. He introduced himself as Professor Price and went through a few simple rules before he asked his students for their name, house, and the reason for taking the class. Vavara's immediate answer would be something akin to "Because I was placed here and forgot to mention I hate heights." but something in the back of her mind egged her about how the professor would react. Better to let this play out as it was before he suspected her of anything. As Professor Price awaited a response from his students, she decided to take a chance and cleared her throat, preparing to speak aloud in front of the group of students who were or were not paying attention. "Ah-Y-Yes. I'm ah...Vavara Hawkthorne, a second year Slytherin." She paused, having only now just realized that she had no real reason why she wanted to take this class, or at least one that she could say and not feel judged by the entire class for. "Umm..." She was desperate for an answer, any kind of answer that would free her from this torment. She laughed nervous while scanning the crowd before finally just blurting out, "And I was just...interested in playing for the Quidditch team!" Vavara finished her answer, offering a timid smile before it had just registered what she had just said. Merlin's balls. I've just dug myself an even bigger hole. She said, furrowing her brows once more in frustration and anger. She looked towards Professor Price and offered a nod, finishing her answer to his question.

murruelecreuset

TheRealKiru

Shy Capitalist

5,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Rogue 100

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:39 am
User Image

Oh, I don't know what you've been told
But this gal right here's gonna rule the world
Yeah, that is where I'm gonna be, because I wanna be
No, I don't wanna sit still, look pretty

════════════════════════

Jillian came to the class with her new broom, she wanted to get the hang of it. She hoped the teacher would be ok with letting her use it. She placed her bag down with the other, it stuck out with the plush cat keychain she had on it. A fellow older student had bewitched it to purr when petted. She brought her broom with her to the spot she was going to be for class near Varvara when Professor Price asked for intros and things about quidditch. "I'm Jillian Faulkner and I'm in Gryffindor. I'm a reserve beater right now but I want to become one of the starting team beaters" She said happily.

════════════════════════

OoC:

I know the other girlies
Wanna wear expensive things
Like diamond rings
But I don't wanna be the puppet
That you're playing on a string
This queen don't need a king

TheRealKiru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:53 am
User ImageUser Image
I won't just survive
Oh, you will see me thrive
Can't write my story
I'm beyond the archetype
I won't just conform
No matter how you shake my core
'Cause my roots, they run deep

Hikaru came to the class excited as ever for this class. He had aced first-year flying, likely cause he loved flying, it was quite liberating. Even though he had planned to take this class quidditch or not, he hoped it would help him be better for his team. He placed his bag with the others and found a spot near the teacher. He had been so psyched for the class he almost forgot to eat, luckily his stomach had reminded him before he had wanted to come out super early just to be sure. Professor Price asked them to introduce themselves and if they had any quidditch goals. "My names Hikaru Nakano and I'm in Ravenclaw. I'm the Keeper for the team!" He said way more excited than was normal for him, though it just made him dorkier and chipper.

Oh, ye of so little faith
Don't doubt it, don't doubt it
Victory is in your veins
You know it, you know it
And you will not negotiate
Just fight it, just fight it
And be transformed

Ooc:  

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:10 pm
User Image
                                                And you ask me what I want this year
                                                And I try to make this kind and clear
                                                Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days
                                                Cause I don't need boxes wrapped in strings
                                                And designer love and empty things
                                                Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days

User Image
                                                ════════════════════════

Secoɴd Yeαr || Hυғғlepυғғ || Hαlғвlood

════════════════════════

Ji got to the pitch, having only been there during games and flying class before. Not that he was all that keen on joining the quidditch team, but he did want to learn some of the manoeuvres that came with broom riding, so he thought he'd give it a shot. Besides, how many other people wanted to learn the same thing for the same reason? He bet a lot of other people did, which was why he was keen to learn now. Just so that he could say he knew more than how to actually get off the ground on a broom. It was certainly a lot more interesting than trying to fly in a video game, after all.

He spotted Vavara on the pitch and made his way over, realizing that she was there along with two other people. He waved at the other two second years and stood next to Vavara with an easy smile on his face as he regarded his friend.
                                                "Hey. Sorry I missed you on the train coming to Hogwarts. My mum was late getting us to the platform." He shrugged, realizing that wasn't much of an explanation, but it was one. He'd just been too caught up after that with the flow of students to really look for her, that and wondering what was up with one of the girls in his house that seemed like she was having a mental breakdown or something at the feast.

When the professor started speaking, however, his attention snapped toward him and Ji listened closely to what he had to say. When it came time for him to answer, Ji considered his reply carefully before speaking.
                                                "I'm Ji-yeong Cho, from Hufflepuff. Um, you can call me just Ji though. I joined the class because I wanted to learn how to better handle a broom, plus do cool stunts on them." Well, the professor did ask why they wanted to be in the class. Professor Price didn't say that they all had to join quidditch, obviously. Only that those that did state what position they wanted to be in.

════════════════════════

Thinking: Okay, this can't be too hard, right?
                                                OOC:

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

I need someplace simple where we could live
                                                And something only you can give
                                                And thats faith and trust and peace while we're alive
                                                And the one poor child who saved this world
                                                And there's 10 million more who probably could
                                                If we all just stopped and said a prayer for them

TheRealKiru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:45 pm
Professor Landon Price

User ImageUser Image

Landon listened to his students as they introduced themselves. Vavara seemed nervous as she told him she wanted to join the Quidditch team. Jullian appeared to want to be a starting beater for the Gryffindor team. Hikaru was on the Ravenclaw team as Keeper, and Ji wanted to learn how to better handle a broom. Landon nodded to each of them. “I’m sure I can help you both get where you want to be on your teams.” He said to Vavara and Jullian. “If it’s better handling and cool stunts you want you came to the right place Ji.” Landon added with a smile. He was certainly happy that he’d be able to fulfill what Ji wanted this year. Most kids wanted to learn the different positions, which didn’t happen until their third year.

“For the rest of today we will be discussing our first topic, which is the basics of Quidditch. So sadly that means no flying today. Since I’m guessing most if not all of you know about Quidditch this will be a bit of review. Even so I hope all for you brought something to write with so you can take notes. If not I can provide you with such.” Landon told the class as he held up some parchment and self-inking quills. “So the game set up is, two teams play against one another and each team consists of three Chasers, two Beaters, a Keeper, and a Seeker. Now as you probably all know the Chasers shoot the Quaffle into the three goal posts, while the Keeper guards the goal posts. The Beaters keep the bludgers from hitting their teammates and hit them towards the other team’s players. Lastly we have the Seeker whose job is to catch the Golden Snitch.” He continued as he looked at his class.

"For those that do not know, this ball here is a Quaffle." Landon said holding the red ball up to show them. "The cannon ball like ones are the bludgers, those would be the ones trying to get out of the chest at the moment.” He told them with a chuckle. “As for the snitch that's this one." He added pulling out the golden snitch and holding it between two fingers. "This ball usually wins you the game. As for right now it might look pretty but it's extremely fast and impossible to spot once it gets moving." He assured them.

“Clearly the object of the game is to score more points than the other team. Each successful goal with the Quaffle is ten points and the snitch is one hundred and fifty points. Lastly once the snitch is caught the game is over. Also for those that don’t know, there are no substitutions in the game unless someone is knocked out, or it has been over a certain time period without the snitch being caught.” Landon finished. “Now if you have any questions ask away if not you are dismissed. Next week we’ll be learning a flying technique so bring your brooms if you got have one.”

Miss GryffindorK

The Forgotten Weasley

Kungfudemoness
                                    Hikaru Nakano, Ravenclaw : 1/3 || 0 Reports
                                    Jillian Faulkner, Gryffindor : 1/3 || 0 Reports

kiska166

TheRealKiru
                                    Vavara Hawkthorne, Slytherin : 1/3 || 0 Reports

The Shiny Furret

Diamond Wales
                                    Ji-Yeong Cho, Hufflepuff : 1/3 || 0 Reports

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:09 pm
Professor Landon Price

User ImageUser Image

“Good afternoon class. Today is the day you’ve all been waiting for because we will be learning how to do a barrel roll on our brooms. So if you don’t have one I suggest coming up and taking a broom please.” Landon instructed as he waited for everyone present to grab a broom before starting. “Alright, before we all go flying around I don’t want anyone having to take a trip to the hospital wing so listen up.” He told them before continuing. “A barrel roll is a roll going from side to side for the purpose of avoiding an object, while continuing on a straight path. In order to do this safely, you keep a firm grip on your broom and lock your feet and legs together, before you lean over with enough force to spin all the way around. It doesn’t take much.” Landon explained.

“Now I’ll demonstrate and then you all can have at it.” Landon told them as he got onto his broom. Pushing off the ground he circled around before going in a straight path. Locking himself to his broom Landon leaned over to his side with enough force to spin all the way around until he was back upright before coming to a complete stop. "So who wants to give it a shot?"

Miss GryffindorK

The Forgotten Weasley

Kungfudemoness
                                    Hikaru Nakano, Ravenclaw : 1/3 || 0 Reports
                                    Jillian Faulkner, Gryffindor : 1/3 || 0 Reports

kiska166

TheRealKiru
                                    Vavara Hawkthorne, Slytherin : 1/3 || 0 Reports

The Shiny Furret

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:10 pm
User ImageUser Image
I won't just survive
Can't write my story
I'm beyond the archetype
I won't just conform

Hikaru came to the class excited as he had been day one. He had his broom his parents had bought for his birthday last year. Today they would be flying! He listened intently and was sure he had done this once in practice just not intentionally. The teacher asked who wanted to go first. His hand shot up before the teacher even finished. Once he could give it a go he did. He gave him self plenty of room, he didn't want to fly too low and smash his face into anybody. He was able to get it the first try but maily do to him trowing his weight to the side more than he had initally planned. After he was done and the next person was to go he landed where he was initially standing before the roll

Victory is in your veins
You know it, you know it
And be transformed

Ooc:  

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:26 pm
User Image

════════════════════════

Jillian arrived to class with her broom in tow. she watched the teacher demonstrate and she was so ready to try it. perhaps it help in a bludger was heading for her. she was second to raise her hand second to Hikaru, a Ravenclaw boy she knew from classes. After he took his turn she went for it as well. Her try was a little less glamorous but it was FUN!! She totally needed to do this more often!

════════════════════════

OoC:

I know the other girlies
Like diamond rings

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:06 am
User Image
VαvαrαxHαwkethorne

House: Slytherin [2nd Year] || Location: Advanced Flying || Mood: Eager

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Vavara returned to class, dreading how the professor would react upon learning that she wished to try out for quidditch during her career at Hogwarts. She did her best to not let her usual anxiety about the class get to her, and arrived with a broomstick in tow as she watched the students display their ability to perform a barrel roll, one of the simplest tricks a broom rider could perform, right? As it turned out, the slytherin girl was not as skilled as she had pumped herself up as being. She got on the broom when it was her turn, swallowing her fears as best she could, and took off from where she stood, Not high enough to soar over the others, but enough to levitate a fair amount off the ground. She then firmly grasped her broom, as hard as she could manage, before then gathering up enough energy she thought would be enough to spin and tossing her weight to her left. What entailed, was the poor girl rolling thrice before being thrown off of her broom and tumbling across the field until she came to a stop, facing the sky as her mind did its best to recall what had happened. It took a few seconds, lying on the ground while her head began to throb, until she realized what had just happened. Now wishing that she had landed on something that could remove this memory from her head, she wobbled up, either by the help of others or herself, before doing her best to keep steady as she looked at the professor. "Wah-as that sufficient, Professor?"

murruelecreuset

TheRealKiru

Shy Capitalist

5,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Rogue 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:46 pm
Professor Landon Price

User ImageUser Image

Landon watched as Hikaru and Jillian gave it their best shots. Both did well for their first try. With a bit more practice they could probably do it with their eyes closed he imagined. Vavara on the other hand he could tell would need some work. The professor didn’t judge as he watched her in the air, she had been off to a good start. However when it came to the landing not so much… “Vavara, are you alright?” He asked her as he rushed to her aid. She appeared alright as he slowly helped her to her feet. Though, she should probably still be looked at. This was why he wanted them practicing lower to the ground. He didn’t need any students dying from a fall in his class. “I wouldn’t worry about that. Though, I might suggest next time holding onto your broom throughout the rotation.” He told her with a faint smile.

“For now I think it best we stop by at the hospital wing. Make sure you didn’t hurt anything we can’t see.” Landon said before turning to the rest of the class. “Class dismissed.”

*** Time Skip ***

Landon was pretty sure that his class would be able to pull this off. He had a good bunch of kids this year that he knew would be able to do it. “Good afternoon class, today we will be learning how to stand on our brooms.” He told them. “So like always come get a broom if you don’t have one and listen up.” He instructed with a smile. “It requires a great deal of balance so for this class we’ll start with simply hovering, after that we'll move onto actual movement while maintaining balance.” Landon added. “Now, holding onto your broom with both hands, position one foot on your broom in front of you, from there keep a steady balance and place your other foot behind that one.” He explained, while doing so he demonstrated along with his words. “When you’re sure you have a good firm balance let go and then you can straighten yourself up.” he finished standing on his broom as it hovered above the ground. “Now, have at it and take your time this isn’t a competition.” He added hoping they would keep that in mind.

Miss GryffindorK

The Forgotten Weasley

Kungfudemoness
                                    Hikaru Nakano, Ravenclaw : 2/3 || 0 Reports
                                    Jillian Faulkner, Gryffindor : 2/3 || 0 Reports

kiska166

TheRealKiru
                                    Vavara Hawkthorne, Slytherin : 2/3 || 0 Reports

The Shiny Furret

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:50 pm
User ImageUser Image
I won't just survive
Can't write my story
I'm beyond the archetype
I won't just conform

Hikaru came to the class curious about what they would do today and if Varvara was ok. Today they were going to be standing on their brooms. This one he had almost done once trying to catch a pass but it as by accident. taking the advice he took it slow. Initially, his broom wanted to sway but he was able to steady it. he made sure he could balance with hs hands still supporting him before he let go with his hand and slowly started to stand.it was slow going but he had it!

Victory is in your veins
You know it, you know it
And be transformed

Ooc:  

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:12 pm
User Image

════════════════════════

Jillian arrived to class with her broom in tow ready to go. Hopefully, Varvara would be here it be weird if the class got smaller. The idea of standing on brooms sounded dangerous and there for exactly what she wanted to do. She watched carefully but it seemed like a harder version of walking on curbs at home. She took is slow but she lost her balance and ended up on her but she immediately got up and dusted herself. She got back on as was even more careful then she got it!

════════════════════════

OoC:

I know the other girlies
Like diamond rings

Second Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff