Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 4e] Unity
L5R - Unity - Chapter 1 - Winter Solstice Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 11:38 pm
He'd nod to Kiyo as she returned, leaning forward a bit towards her. "Have you been here before?"  
Plainsfox rolled 6 10-sided dice: 9, 5, 1, 3, 2, 9 Total: 29 (6-60)
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 11:45 pm
Perception/ Investigation (4k2 w/ 2 dice to handle explosions)
TN: 20
Raises called: none
Results: 14

Naohiko couldn't discern what Shi was doing, nor was he going to worry about it too much. If he hit it off well, he could do much to defuse the Mantis-Kraken situation. "I would like that very much. Hopefully, some of the ill feelings our clansmate have towards each other can be alleviated ."  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Paidi tou Selini rolled 5 10-sided dice: 3, 4, 10, 10, 3 Total: 30 (5-50)

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 11:57 pm
Kaichiyo spent a few more moments trying to strain to hear what was happening in the other room, and her expression turned from frustration to sorrow/worry when she managed the feat. This was going to reflect very poorly on her and the Kraken, but the crazed man wouldn't listen to her. Letting the Crane deal with him seemed like the only option. Hopefully they would just detain him so they could start the very extensive process of damage control as soon as possible. If they let him stay on the loose who knew what further trouble he could cause. Where her mother found this one was far, far beyond her.

Still trying to listen, the little princess gave a distracted, "Hm?" to the Spider's offer, blinking down at the coat for a few moments of confusion. "O-oh! That's very kind of you, Daigotsu-san. Err... Shoichi, was it? Thank you."

She paused to listen again, before continuing a bit more quietly, "I've actually been rather enjoying the cold, but I suppose it will get old on a longer trip into the city."

[Perception/Investigation (Notice) 3k2 = 27]  
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 7:15 am
Rain Yupa

OOC: I said in my previous post that he was only pretending to be angry and when he got out of the room he was in he relaxed again.

Sincerity/Awareness = 15 +5 TN for disadvantage
Shi looked at the young girl, "Tell me young samurai, what you would have done in my place if you saw an unfamiliar face run from the room of somebody that you have sworn to keep safe, force their way past a friend of yours who was guarding the door, and try to flee down the hall. For all I knew in those fleeting moments, Kaichiyo-kun may have been dead. So yes, I chased you, as I am sure any of the samurai here would have done in the same instance. However, you continue to run from us little Hare, and if you had apologized, you apparently left something to be desired." He would take a step towards her, "You have my word as a member of the Brotherhood of Shinsei that no harm shall befall you from my hand, or the hands of the Kraken Clan on this day. If I am lying, may the Kami strike me down. And I am sure that if the Kami somehow fail, the legions of Samurai here will not." He held out his hands as if receiving a divine word and said, "I propose that we start anew. I am known as Shi, I am a monk of the Osana-Wo temple of the Brotherhood of Shinsei. I have came here with the Kraken to try and keep them on the path of enlightenment. It is a pleasure to meet you." He would bow, hands clasped together, not raising until the Hare girl would speak again.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 9:39 am
@ Shi:

(I wasn't 100% sure, you never really said what the facade was exactly, but I don't think it changes a single thing about my prior post.)

"But... that one guy didn't chase me..." Ichi would say, sniffling. "Why is this my fault? It was an accident, I said so..." More sniffles.

Suddenly, the Crane around you would scatter like roaches, but another was walking up to you two to take their place.

"Okay, no, this is enough," a rather short Daidoji in light armor would say - Shi, you may remember her from yesterday as she was trying to corral the stragglers to watch that duel. Though her face was pretty much always in a neutral bitchface, now included, her tone was definitely one of annoyance. "Masanori, go ahead and start the event. Mamoru" The 30-something woman would undo her daisho from her saya, and toss them lightly to the nearby Crane. "Hold these for a minute. I'll be back for them soon enough."

"Er... yes, Chikuma-sama..." the Daidoji would respond nervously, catching the weapons. Masanori bowed, and hurried out of the room.

"You," she would say first towards the Hare, who would let out a low Eep!. "You do not have the right to get yourself in trouble, and expect us to fix it for you. It is not the Crane's fault you are terrible at first impressions. Get over yourself." Ichi would look like she was just kicked in the gut, shaking in response to being lectured. "And you," Chikuma would say, turning towards Shi. "You have no right to be humble at your convenience. Courtesy is not some fancy sash you can just wear whenever you feel like it and expect everything to be okay. You are not protecting anyone by being a lone maverick. Now, both of you, with me, right now."

The Daidoji would turn on the spot and begin marching towards a door away from everyone else. Ichi looks at you, Shi. Do you follow?

(For the purpose of the event, I'm not going to hold this against the party, and it will still count as 'participation' for XP purposes.)

--------------------

@ Gendo:

"N-no, I have not, Himura-san," she would respond. "This winter is my sister and I's first time away from our lands in our lives..." She would still seem a bit flushed from before.

@ Naohiko:

Ruri would perk up when Naohiko would mention ill-will. "Oh? Is this like that Hare thing?" she would ask at first, but suddenly correct herself. "Wait, no. Hold on..." She would snap her fingers twice as she thinks, before finally figuring it out. "Satoko? Yeah, that's her own thing, I'm not part of that. I'm just a priestess." She would gesture towards her spell scrolls all matter-of-factly like. A bemused expression would appear on her face though, and a sly smile to boot.

"Himura-san, you're not just being nice to me hoping it'll be advantageous, are you? Just know, that I can blow you up with lightning if you answer me incorrectly."

@ Kaichiyo:

Shoichi would seem a bit puzzled. "Kind?" He would look down at the overcoat he was holding still. "I... guess so?" He wouldn't say more about it, rather looking like he had never put thought into that before.

@ Everyone (but Shi):

Around this time though, Asahina Masanori would be approaching the lot of gathered samurai, while other assorted Crane samurai would be handing scrolls out to each pairing. "Saved by the bell, Himura-san," Ruri would tell her partner.

"Excuse me, everyone!" Masanori would call out, and chattering would quiet down. (If any of you post responses "before" he speaks, you'll get dirty looks for people for not shutting up). "First off, please do not open your scrolls yet. I'm going to lay out the description of the Scavenger Hunt game first, on behalf of Doji Kioko-hime! The scroll you possess will contain a list of 10 different items, with each of you having an identical list for the sake of fairness. Nothing within the castle or from your own possessions or talents are legal objects for your list; only things found within the city will do! Any items that you purchase, show the merchants your scroll, it will have a copy of Kioko-hime's chop, and they will release to you the item at a heavily discounted price. They will also give you a receipt, which we will use to reimburse you out of our coffers. However, you don't actually have to limit yourself to purchasable items!

When you feel you've completed your list, bring it back to the castle to one of the judges. Note, that you must have at least seven different objects, no one can count for more than one thing from the list. They will gauge the items in a nondiscriminatory fashion, and if they feel anything you've brought back does not count, they will inform you and you will need to return to the city to replace it. The first three teams to complete seven out of ten items on their lists accurately will be dubbed the winners of their competition."

At that point, he would signal for all of you to go:

SCAVENGER HUNT

Key Skill: Perception/Investigation (Search) or Void/Investigation (Search) (see below)
Secondary Skills: Awareness/Commerce, Perception/Investigation (Notice), Intelligence/Divination???, assorted Lores, and possibly more.

There are three Search rolls you can roll when looking for an item: One to find a specific item (Perception, TN 25), one to find a specific location (Perception, TN 20), and one to simply wander and happen across something you need (Void, TN 30). Every failed roll gives you a free raise for your bank, which has no limit. If you call free raises from your bank and still fail, you lose them, but still gain one as normal. You must call them prior to your roll, they simply cannot 'make up the difference'.

When you roll for a location or item, you must list your intended item or destination. It's to get to that destination, so without calling a destination you aren't actually going anywhere.

This will be a cooperative skill roll, where you are the roller, and add your partners' own ranks to the total of your own roll. Those values are:
Suzume Kiyo: 0
Moshi Ruri: 3
Daigotsu Shoichi: 2

For the NPCs, I will be rolling 1d10 for each team, and a result of 11+ moves them one step forward. Each member of the duo that is trained in Investigation adds 1 to my roll. Each member of the duo that specializes in Investigation adds 2 to my roll. A natural 10 always succeeds. Any post where I resolve an Investigation (Search) roll by any of you will allow me a roll for every NPC team. Their progress will be public knowledge, at the top of each of my posts for the event.

Quote:
The List

1.) A token from Benten, Fortune of Romantic Love
2.) A piece of history of the Crane
3.) Something of Crane colors that is not worn
4.) A piece of art
5.) Something blessed
6.) Something touched by the kami
7.) A gift befitting an emperor
8.) A token of goodwill from another Great Clan, not including your own
9.) Something that would make Lady Doji-no-kami smile
10.) Something worth dueling over

The Teams
Himura Naohiko & Moshi Ruri
Himura Kaichiyo & Daigotsu Shoichi
Himura Gendo & Suzume Kiyo
--------------------
(+1)Kaiu Taniko & Hiruma Shigemasa
(+0)Kakita Mitsuko & Shiba Noburo
(+2)Matsu Koji & Akodo Tamafune
(+1)Yoritomo Mamoru & Yoritomo Katsue
(+0)Bayushi Kojiro & Bayushi Masuyo
(+2)Shosuro Hyobe & Shoruso Kazu
(+2)Shosuro Nene & Shosuro Tamiyo
(+1)Daigotsu Josuke & Daigotsu Arisa
(+2)Utaku Bayarma & Shinjo Hideki
(+2)Yoritomo Kiyonobu & Daidoji Takahashi
(+0)Ide Seibei & Kuni Sanjiro
(+2)Kakita Otsu & Isawa Marihito
(-1)Akodo Masaru & Daigotsu Danjuro
(+1)Toku Seiichi & Ide Chieko
(+0)Ide Urako & Mirumoto Katsunan
(+0)Suzume Kayoko & Agasha Mai
(+2)Tamori Aritomo & Ikoma Tadao
(+2)Kitsuki Senzo & Mirumoto Otsu

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 10:17 am
Waiting for the crane to finish, he'd turn to Kiyo and look at the scroll, opening it. "Neither have I. If you want, we could easily spend the day seeing the city instead. I am not quite sure where one would even get some of these things. Especially the last one. Honor does not have a physical form as far as I know."

As he talked, he walked and let the Fortunes take him.

Void/Investigation 3k2 - 13

OOC Roll  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Plainsfox rolled 14 10-sided dice: 7, 2, 10, 6, 6, 3, 7, 7, 5, 3, 8, 4, 9, 4 Total: 81 (14-140)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 12:41 pm
Naohiko would wisely wait for Masanori to finish his statement before responding to the Moshi shugenja. "I'm sure if you invoked that prayer on some samurai here, they'd consider it the greatest blessing they'd ever receive." the Kraken commented while not quite looking at Shoichi. He then shrugged as he looked over the list. "Advantage is a loaded word. I'd like to think I exhibit Kindness because it is what is expected from a proper samurai. Certainly, do I not gain advantages for being a proper samurai? For example, by being Kind, I get to spend the day in the company of a charming priestess of the Mantis clan."

Naohiko knew that Ruri was perhaps jesting, but being a minor clansman, it couldn't hurt to be ready for anything. If she did not strike him down with Osanwo's fury, then he'd muse for a few seconds. "A visit to the shrines might be in order, don't you think?

OOC:
Heading Towards: The Shrines
Perception/Investigation+Ruri bonus =4k2+3 (First six dice, 2 handle explosions)
TN: 20
Results: 26
Awareness/Etiquette 5k3 (remaining eight dice, 3 handle explosions)
Results: 22  
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 3:38 pm
Shi would look at the Hare girl, then quickly follow. He could feel a new scar coming.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
Paidi tou Selini rolled 5 10-sided dice: 8, 4, 6, 5, 5 Total: 28 (5-50)

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 11:06 am
With the Daidoji lady dragging them away to kami knew where, there was nothing more to eavesdrop on. She was still tempted to run in and solve the issue herself, but in the end she decided it was to the point where it would do more harm than good. She would have to employ Naohiko later to properly apologize to the poor girl.

If that hadn't been enough to pull her back to reality, Shoichi's comment certainly did the trick. A brow arched in dubious assessment as she looked at him, even through Masanori's speech. She'd almost forgotten that Spiders lived by a different code. Evidently compassion was not on it, though it made the fact that he'd gotten it for her in the first place a rather curious thing. It was likely someone else's suggestion, she ultimately decided. Still, she finally accepted and put on the coat before the explanation was finished and they were prompted to get started.

The little Kraken took a good look at the scroll. "Most of these should be easy enough to represent. The problem lies with how unfamiliar we are with the city, for where to go to find them... I don't suppose you know where a Shrine or Temple to Benten is? We could likely find two or three of these items there. No? Well I suppose we'll just have to use good 'ol fashion navigation! That way!"

[Perception/Investigation (Search) 3k2 + 2 to find a Shrine or Temple to Benten, vs TN 20 = 16]  
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 10:04 pm
@ Shi:

Usagi Ichi kind of submissively follows as well, and is the last one through the door Daidoji Chikuma had opened before she closes it.

Adjusting the kote of her armor, clenching her fists and flexing against the buckles, the Crane would begin to explain. "You two are young, inexperienced, but you both are foolish in your youth, and you do not realize you're making a mockery of my lady Kioko-hime's attempts to run a legitimate court. I will not have it. Nor will I suffer the insult that the Daidoji family, sworn to protect this castle, are inept at their jobs by allowing an assassin in, especially one so easily harassed by your inexperienced lot."

Looking sternly at Shi, she would clarify. "I know that is not what you meant, but you do not think before you speak, and how else am I supposed to take such a blatant slap to my face? You are a monk, you are supposed to have faith, yet you show none in your hosts, nor apparently your own companions as you outright ignored the command of the person that is supposed to be leading your group."

"DaidojisanI'mreallysorrythatIcausedyouanygriefbecauseof- Ichi started to say before she was cut off.

"Doesn't matter. You may as well ready yourselves now, Hare-san, Monk-san. I'm about to kick the s**t out of you, and pray to the Fortunes that it'll be the lesson you need to keep yourselves from getting cut down in the future."

Shi, let's see some Initiative.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 10:52 pm
The Scavenger Hunt

The Teams
Himura Naohiko & Moshi Ruri - 0 items collected, 0 Banked Raises
Himura Kaichiyo & Daigotsu Shoichi - 0 items collected, 1 Banked Raises
Himura Gendo & Suzume Kiyo - 0 items collected, 1 Banked Raises
--------------------
(+2)Utaku Bayarma & Shinjo Hideki - 1 items collected
(-1)Akodo Masaru & Daigotsu Danjuro - 1 items collected
(+1)Kaiu Taniko & Hiruma Shigemasa - 0 items collected
(+0)Kakita Mitsuko & Shiba Noburo - 0 items collected
(+2)Matsu Koji & Akodo Tamafune - 0 items collected
(+1)Yoritomo Mamoru & Yoritomo Katsue - 0 items collected
(+0)Bayushi Kojiro & Bayushi Masuyo - 0 items collected
(+1)Daigotsu Josuke & Daigotsu Arisa - 0 items collected
(+2)Yoritomo Kiyonobu & Daidoji Takahashi - 0 items collected
(+0)Ide Seibei & Kuni Sanjiro - 0 items collected
(+2)Kakita Otsu & Isawa Marihito - 0 items collected
(+1)Toku Seiichi & Ide Chieko - 0 items collected
(+0)Ide Urako & Mirumoto Katsunan - 0 items collected
(+0)Suzume Kayoko & Agasha Mai - 0 items collected
(+2)Tamori Aritomo & Ikoma Tadao - 0 items collected
(+2)Kitsuki Senzo & Mirumoto Otsu - 0 items collected
(+2)Shosuro Hyobe & Shoruso Kazu - 0 items collected
(+2)Shosuro Nene & Shosuro Tamiyo - 0 items collected

@ Naohiko:

Moshi Ruri would, with a knowing expression, simply respond with "Ah," at first. After half a minute of walking, she would smirk towards Naohiko. "So you're the charmer of your group, I take it? For a while, I thought it was going to be that other fellow, the one with the... Gendo-san, you said his name was. How did that happen anyways? With the..." Ruri would gesture by holding one hand over her eye for a moment.

Naohiko, you make pretty good time, and you can get to a shrine in relatively short order! Ruri, being a priestess, made the common folk that much more eager to help you in this regard, you think.

What now?

--------------------

@ Kaichiyo:

Shoichi would frown when asked for directions. "I've tried to find a shrine to Benten on several occasions since my arrival - the Crane Clan adores Her, so I know they probably have a bunch - but no one's been cooperative enough with me to give me accurate directions, I'm afraid." He stroked his beard for a few moments, then pointed in a direction. "Though I haven't checked that......."

The Spider would trail off as he saw you go in a completely different direction. "Well..... I'm sure she knows what she's doing....." he said aloud to no one in particular, then double-stepped it to catch up with you.

You do not find the temple quite yet: You have 1 banked Free Raise.

--------------------

@ Gendo:

Suzume Kiyo would flush at the sheer mention of Gendo's proposition. "H-Himura-sama... I can't condone that... we've only just met, we can't just go galavanting off... it would be improper of me..." She would turn redder by the moment and avert her gaze away from Gendo, and the snow seemed to melt around her from how heated she was at the moment.

Despite this, your wanderings have yet to take you anywhere fruitful for your search. You have 1 banked Free Raise.  
Raganui Minamoto rolled 5 10-sided dice: 9, 7, 1, 2, 10 Total: 29 (5-50)
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 11:17 pm
"Even if we don't go 'gallivanting', neither of us know the city, correct? Would it be so harmful for two people to explore together, so that they do not have to do so alone?" He'd just raise the brow of his good eye, looking down at her as he spoke, then smile lightly. "And we can keep an eye out for anything on the list as we do so. We may even find things others would not due to finding interesting places."

More wandering.

Void/Investigation 3k2 - 16  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Plainsfox rolled 6 10-sided dice: 6, 1, 3, 1, 3, 1 Total: 15 (6-60)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 11:56 pm
The young Kraken would examine the various items sold to pilgrims as he considered his words. "That....I think that requires at least one cup of sake together. It's one of those stories... Naohiko would look close at several prayer strips and other trinkets before continuing. "What's your opinion on the best thing to get blessed, Ruri-san? I'm thinking one of these small charms or some such."

OOC:
Corrected to an intelligence/ Lore Theology roll and rolled in OOC
Find an appropriate charm
Results: 18  
Paidi tou Selini rolled 5 10-sided dice: 6, 4, 10, 1, 4 Total: 25 (5-50)
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 12:40 pm
"Huh... you'd think maritime navigation would have at least a little more practical use on land." she commented to herself in slight bewilderment as her course led them to yet another dead end. "Maybe we should just ask for directions..."

And with that she wandered off to chat with the locals.

[Perception/Investigation (Search) 3k2 + 2 to find a Shrine or Temple to Benten, vs TN 20 = 19!? Of all the-!!]  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 12:47 pm
Shi wasn't about to take a beating laying down. He assumed a full attack stance, hoping to distract the warrior woman from the Hare. "Usagi. Stand and fight." He charged headlong into the fight, hoping to take advantage of his Kiho to give him the upper hand.
-----------
Initiative 17
If hit for 5 or more damage, I will spend a void point to soak 10 of it.  
[L5R 4e] Unity

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games