Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 2 - Heart of a Monster (Completed) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 80 81 82 83 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 6:40 pm
Abigail (Abby) Morgan
User Image

The smile would fall from Abby's face. "I... I see. You don't trust me? Because, why else would you say it like that? As if to give me a warning."

Abby would move away from Revenge and sit down on a crate. "I don't understand... Why would you come all this way to find me, only to tell me you would strike me and my friends down if we happen to cross your ideals? Don't I mean more to you than that?" Tears begin to well up in Abby's eyes.

Abby would then suddenly stand up. Her eyes bear a fierce look behind her tears. "It is clear you have already passed judgment on me, even though I have done nothing wrong. You think I'm some sort of murderous monster that you might have to put down. Well, perhaps it's time you learned the truth."

Abby's form begin to blur, her image becomes hazy and contorted as its colors begin to change. By the time it's over, a much different person now stands in front of Revenge. Abby's skin is a palish blue and has a light specked pattern running across it. Her hair is a deep shade of blue, much longer and wilder than it'd been before. Four long tentacles protrude from the back of her head and mix in with her hair. A long tail, ending in a fin, extend out from underneath her dress. But the biggest change of all is where Abby once had two eyes, she now has three, the new one centered in the the middle of her forehead. Her eyes are pupilless and bright red in color.

"This is the true face of your wife now. They turned me into an aboleth! Or at least that is what they called it. I don't want to have to hurt anyone, but I would lay down my life to protect my sisters and slay anyone who would try to hurt them, just as I would do for you. But I am not sure now if you would do the same for me. It seems your ideas of chivalry and justice are now are more important to you than your own wife and the vows you must have made when we were married. Tell me this isn't true! "

Abby, her three eyes still watery with tears, looks imploringly at Revenge, almost as begging him to give her an answer contrary to her conclusions.

User Image

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 8:10 pm
"My ideals..." he would repeat. He would look upon Abby's now-true form, not looking away.

Since he had first learned of Halima, and that her form would be changed as such, he realized now that he had felt fear of what she would become, and how he would react when this moment came. But now that the moment had come, only one thing filled his heart.

Love.

"All my ideals tell me is that I don't want anyone to feel what I had felt that night when our paths parted. That's all I..." It was then when his body compelled itself forward, embracing her in his arms. If given the chance, he would kiss her upon the lips as well. If there was ever anything that he could never resist, it was his wife being sad.

"You misunderstand. It wasn't a warning or a threat. Just an explanation. You've lost so much, and I'll do anything... everything to protect you now. I just want you to have any life you wanted for yourself, and not feel forced to hurt anyone. That's... that's not the person you used to be."  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 8:56 pm
Abigail (Abby) Morgan

User Image

As Abby was swept up in Revenge's arms, she provided no resistance. She hung on his every words and when he leaned in to kiss her, she yielded her lips to his. Despite her alien appearance, Abby was every bit the woman Revenge had come to love.

Abby continued to linger in Revenge's embrace as tears rolled down her face. "I'm sorry, I have no idea who I was or who you truly are, but I want to know. I want to learn. Please, help me become the woman I once was and I will be your loving wife, forever."  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 1:50 am
The night passes uneventfully as everyone stands their watch. By the next morning, everyone has benefited from an extended rest.

Once daylight breaks over the hills, the camp is packed up and the journey down the road continues. The morning passes rather unremarkably without another person to be seen on the road, just endless miles of rolling, forested hills. It isn't till about midday that any sight of a human being is seen--and not a welcome one.

As Abby's wagon reaches the crest of a small hill, a roadblock can be seen several hundred yards away. The road block is constructed out of roughly hewn logs filed into points and positioned to skewer any animal that might try to run through it. Makeshift walls have also have been built on either side of the road making it impossible to pass without first moving the roadblock. Five large, scraggly looking men can be seen by the wall. They seem to take notice of Abby's wagon as soon as it comes over the hill and they move into position in front of their roadblock. By the wall there is a small pile of boxes and a large cage. It looks as if someone is inside.

Abby first looks to her husband with a large frown on her face, then leans back into the wagon and says. "I think there's going to be trouble ahead. Looks like some bandits set up a toll booth."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yesterday had not been one of the better days in Shayne Granville's traveling adventures. Somehow this group of brigands had managed to get a jump on him as he traveled down the road towards Gladesdale. What should have been a relaxing visit to a cozy little hamlet has now took a turn for the worse. Shayne had fought well--the magic missile burn on the side of the bandit leader's face was a testament to that. However, there were just too many and the wizard was overwhelmed. They had tied him up and brought him back to their little encampment. Now, Shayne sat in a makeshift cage with his hands tied behind his back and his gear in a locked chest mere feet away from him.

Shayne would notice a wagon crest over the hill on the road and the bandits in camp immediately spring into action. One of them comments, "Ah, a little more plunder before we go collect on this bounty." The man then turns and looks at Shayne. "Don't try any funny business, mage. I'm pretty sure your poster said dead or alive."  

Kowsauni
Crew

Noname 51

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 11:26 am
"1000 alive, 250 dead..." Shayne stated as matter of fact, "... both require a positive identification and for you to make the transfer. The last won't going to happen, least of all now that the Abyss Walkers found me again(Bluff 6). You may want to untie me and let me fight beside you..."  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 9:23 pm
Revenge would share the frown, before resting an arm along the back and looking over his shoulder at the others.

"Too many chefs spoil the soup. Who wants to play diplomat here?" A brief pause, and I'm not saying there was a glance in Kuori's direction but there could be but I think you're reading into it so its best not to think too much about it, Revenge would add, "No murder, please."  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 12:42 am
Valac hopped out the back of the wagon and made his way to the front of the wagon and said to Revenge with his signature grin, "It's not murder if they swing first right? Bandits only respect two things fear and gold. I will only give them one and take the other."

Marching down with a confident stride Valac would be grinning all the way down until he got to a distance where he felt confident they couldn't rush him before he could react, stuck his sword in the ground as if it were his banner also activating its flame for a bit more effect before beginning the 'politicking'.

"Leave any gold you've got on the floor and piss off or I'll split you all in half from balls to brains." Valac shouted probably loud enough for the wagon to hear.

(Pre emptive intimidate check of 29)  
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 10:52 am
..."

Revenge wouldn't directly reply, because he wasn't sure how to verbalize his displeasure of Valac allowing himself to get wounded just to justify cutting them down. At least, not before he walked out of casual earshot.

And then that shout. Revenge would think just a moment, then look back at Twyla. "You seem to know him best. Is that a bluff? Please tell me that's a bluff."  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 1:09 pm
Kuori's bow was already drawn and aimed as she said, "I've got your diplomacy right here." Then came the no murder clause. "Naim, they've got a guy in a cage. Decent people don't put people in cages. Besides, if we went with your gut instinct all of the time you and I would probably have gotten a knife in the back from Nathaniel and you never would have found Halima." She began to get out of the wagon, best to stay at range.

((The mage in the cage is in a rage!))  
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 12:26 am
User Image

Twyla

Twyla already had one hand on her sword's hilt when Revenge spoke to her. "If it's a bluff, it's a good one! I've got chills!" she said, grinning up at Revenge.

She gave him a little wink. "Don't worry, I know magic. You'll be fine. Even if they make you not fine, you'll be fine!"

She jumped down out of the wagon (its height left her little choice, but she only stumbled a little) then strode forward to be next to Valac, giving a little yell of defiance as she did so.  

AlphabetFish

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 12:07 am
The bandits ignore the wizard in the cage, obviously call his bluff. However, after Valac makes his bold proclamation they look back and fourth between each other and then back to the one that is the biggest of them. He is apparently must be the leader. He is a tall well muscled rough looking man. Now that you are closer he looks as if he might have some orc blood in him by the greenish pallor in his skin and his pronounced brow. The rest of the bandits seem visibly unnerved by Valac except for the leader who smiles at him. He dosen't seem to pay Twyla any attention. "I see, we are both men of violence. I can respect that. Tell you what. Why don't we just let you guys go through, free of charge. You don't give us any trouble we wont bother you. A promise from one blood thirsty mongrel to another."

Abby whispers into the wagon "Petra, stay hidden." and then keeps the wagon rolling forward until she is roughly about 100 feet feet away from the barricade. There she stops and waits.  
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 11:14 am
18 19 vs ac of leader
25 26 vs ac of leader for 12 dmg
Twin Shot - Hunter's Quarry

Kuori let loose two arrows at the leader. "And the next people to come through won't be so fortunate ."  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 11:24 am
Seeing the two arrows fly past regardless of whether they hit or miss Valac would retort, "Mongrel?! I am a pure bred hell hound of war!"

He would then pick up his full blade ready for the oncoming fight.  
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 2:14 am
Road Blocked
User Image

Map Details: The brown dots are tree trunks and they are blocking terrain but are not hard corners. The dark green patches represent thick patches of underbrush and are difficult terrain and provide partial cover where they take up an entire square. The roadblock is 4 feet tall and provides cover to those adjacent to it. It also is covered in wooden spikes. The walls are 10 feet tall and blocking terrain.

((While Shayne is tied up he is currently considered helpless. He can attempt athletics or acrobatics checks to escape the binds. The makeshift wood cage he is confined in is locked. Shayne knows his items are currently in the red chest, which also looks locked. ))

Initiative order
Bandit Raiders
Bandit Ensnarer:cover
Bandit Archers: partial cover
Valac: HP 27/57 Restrained, save ends; bloodied
Shayne: HP 41/41 Helpless
Kuori: HP 30/43
Bandit Boss:
Abby:
Revenge: HP 53/53
Twyla: HP 32/42

The bandit boss grunts after being struck with the arrow, but otherwise seems unfazed. "I guess that's what I get for being nice. Get 'em, boys!" After seeing their boss struck with an arrow, the bandits spring into action. The bandit behind the barricade pulls out a spiked bola. After swinging it around to get some speed, he throws it at Valac. The bola wraps around Valac's legs, the spikes biting into his flesh for 7 damage and restraining him.

The two bandits standing next to the boss run forward towards Valac. One of them circles around to get on Valac's flank. They both swing their massive mauls at the tiefling. Valac manages to parry the attack from the front, but the bandit on his side smashes his maul into Valac's back for 23 damage, bloodying him!

Suddenly, two arrows come flying from out of the forest from either side of the road. One strikes Kuori in her chest for 12 damage while the other hits Twyla in her shoulder for 10 damage. Two bandit archers armed with longbows, previously hidden, can now be seen in the underbrush.

Mongooseh
You're up!

Kowsauni
Crew

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 4:37 am
"Finally..." Said Valac his grin not disappearing from his face he begun chuckling then Valac quickly roared a howl of rage as he transformed in a moment giving him a more brutish and fiendish appearance. Then taking his fullblade in two hands he struck back at the one which bloodied him then roared with ear-splitting fury.

(Minor action: Diabolic Transformation, Standard Action: Howl of Fury 20 (-2 penalty from restrained has been factored in) to Hit VS AC assuming a hit 23 Damage to target and 4 thunder damage to any enemy within Blast 3. Save not made, restrained persists gonk If dudes die +4 temp HP also gained regen 2, +5 fire resist to 12 total, +2 damage and bloodhunt is +3)  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 80 81 82 83 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games