Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 4e] Desert Winds
Desert Wind Chapter #1: Playing Samurai and Indians Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Rain Yupa rolled 6 10-sided dice: 2, 1, 8, 4, 8, 6 Total: 29 (6-60)

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:32 pm
After writing the letter with Aneksi's request added on (4k3 result of 14 to write and apply the clan cipher), Jinyu-Zhe would find a flat-bottomed rock and leave the folded letter near where the two peasants were slain and still lay. Brush still in hand, he would mark atop the top of the stone with an X, so it will draw attention.

He would bow his head in respect and silent prayer to the deceased peasants.

Returning to the stable, he would see Aneksi readying her horse for the mission she gave out.

Making sure no one else was around, he'd sheepishly ask her, "Aneksi my beloved... are you sure scouting separately is such a good idea? While I undoubtedly believe that you're more of a warrior at your worst than I am at my best, I'm concerned that you might not have regained enough of your strength so soon in case you encounter something dangerous. Have you even had breakfast yet?"

He would frown, though he would keep eye contact with her if she were to make it. "I care about you too much to let you risk yourself by yourself so needlessly. But I also didn't want to question you in front of the others. Is there any way I can talk you into a different deployment for scouting?"

Jinyu-Zhe would look to Chiyuuai for backup or moral support. Chiyuuai would only give indifference.

(I bet Chiyuuai has void points to spend on disadvantages stare )  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:27 am
Lips pursed together and gaze stern for a moment... before softening as she realized the care behind the request, and especially the caution to make sure she wasn't embarrassed by it. Regardless of this, however...

"I am certain it is necessary. We've a long ride ahead of us, a lot of ground to cover, and not enough manpower to double up. Would that we hadn't encountered clan samurai willing to openly attack a Unicorn camp, minor though they may be. Would that we weren't responsible for determining if this was bigger than just two outlaws, and warning our caravan of such. But that is where we stand, and it would be a dereliction of Duty if I was not as thorough as I can be at this time." she explained patiently, giving him a smile even while her eyes held that 'don't make this complicated for me' command. Then her smile grew into a confident grin and she grasped him by the shoulders and gave him a little shake. "Besides, look at me! A day and night's rested, fever broken. I feel fresh as the morning dew! Ready to take on the world again! I'll break open the trail rations when we get moving, as I always do, and make sure my waterskin is full at my side, and all will be well. You know I'm well aware of my capabilities. I'll shoot up a humming bulb arrow if I come across anything I can't handle and you can come riding to my rescue all heroic like."  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:13 pm
Juneko continued to prepare the wagon to leave, loading whatever was needed and trying to wrangle the animals to pull it if necessary, puttering about with it until all the Unicorn had vanished off scouting, or preparing to, stopping for a moment only then to wipe her forehead, and stared at the strange little creature staring at them for a long moment, before glancing over to the Yoritomo.

"....do you think it's a pet... or were are they planning to eat it?"

They were not exactly in a fertile hunting area, after all, though it made her think perhaps she should do a little gathering before the Mantis were expected to move to red meat as well.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:54 pm
Misaki would just look at it, then finish his packing before looking at the horses drawing the wagon. "... I have no idea. Probably followed Jinyu-Zhe-san. Odd things with animals have happened around him. Just leave it and let's finish up here and start on. Can you handle guiding the wagon?"  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Rain Yupa rolled 3 10-sided dice: 5, 2, 9 Total: 16 (3-30)

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:28 pm
"I understand," Jinyu-Zhe would say, nodding. "Just remember that I'm not a bushi. I am a priest, and I too have a duty. A duty of care. Not just to my clanmates. Not just to my traveling companions. Not just to my commander and not just to my wife."

Letting out a sigh, resting the fingertips of his right hand against his temple and making an exaggerated wave with his left hand. "But also a duty of care to myself. Do you even know what your battle sisters would do to me if I let something as beautiful and radiant as you get hurt in some stupid ronin ambush? I'm too pretty to be drawn and quartered."

Stepping forward, he would turn to Chishiyo. "Chishiyo-san, I implore you to bring my wife back safe when you're through. If she gets so much as a scratch though, believe you me, we will have neighs."

Turning back to Aneksi, he'd bring up one last question. "Would you at least permit me one last opportunity to perform a sacred ritual for safety before we part?" If permitted, he would give her one last affectionate kiss before preparing his own steed for the mission.

--------------------

Humming bulb and loaner bow in hand, Jinyu-Zhe would likely be the last one out (Asura had already left and Aneksi was already getting ready when he reached the stables). Riding Chiyuuai up to the Mantis, he would wait there for perhaps a little longer than was responsible, staring off in the direction Aneksi rode off wistfully.

"Thank you for your assistance," he'd tell them. "Kitsune-san, we'll do a more proper introduction the next time we rest. Sorry, I have to admit your timing, while fortunate for us, did come at a bad time, and we got a late start today because of it. The commander wants to make up for that lost time, I think. I shouldn't delay my own orders any longer. May the kami keep you two safe."

Turning, he would ride on, making sure to keep his eyes, and more importantly, his ears open.

Quote:
Untrained Perception/Hunting 3k3 = 16

Paidi tou Selini rolled 8 10-sided dice: 9, 3, 3, 6, 4, 3, 5, 2 Total: 35 (8-80)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:44 am
"Baha! You are precious. Fear not! Nothing shall happen to either of us." she declared with simple confidence, tapping his forehead with a pair of fingers to match. She grinned and nodded, embracing the "ritual" with passion to prove she was back at full strength, before finishing her preparations to head out.

The 'road' was long and boring, but she kept the main wagon in sight at all times, even if barely, taking breakfast on the go as promised and keeping a sharp eye out for whatever this wilderness had in store for them. If there was anything else out here, she would find it.

[Perception/Hunting 5k3 vs. TN ??
Roll: 9, 3, 3, 6, 4 = 19]  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:22 pm
@Mantis Meetup

The little puppykitty thing seems to recognize your intent and hides. He keept observing the Mantis clanspeople though.

@Jinyu-zhe

You find ravaged buildings in the direction opposite of where you found Cubbo. Nature is just starting to reclaim the land. A few buildings look like they've been battered by forces other than time. There is no sign of any recent occupation.

@Aneksi

As you scout along the path along the road in front of you, you see freshly upturned earth. Other than that, there is nothing that can threaten your group.

@Asura
Another tumbleweed passes by as you curse the Kami instead for your lot in life.

The search parties may return to the wagon or range further. Ranging further will prevent travel for the day.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:26 pm
Not finding anything of note, Jinyu-Zhe rides to rejoin the rest of the team.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:41 pm
Asura returns with no notable report on his patrol.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:15 pm
OOC:
To get the wagon rolling, I'm going to ask one of Misaki or Juneko to roll against Awareness/Animal Handling with a TN of 15.

If Aneksi is waiting for the wagon to reach her, she needs to give me a perception/investigation (notice) check please.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Psychofish rolled 5 10-sided dice: 1, 9, 10, 3, 10 Total: 33 (5-50)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:21 pm
Juneko finished packing up, and then gave it a go directing the wagon while her charge napped. Seemed a bit amusing, given he'd had a bad night, and her night had been running across the desert, but he was paying her. Anyway, directing a wagon across empty land with a squad of Unicorn out to make sure nothing spooked the animals couldn't be that hard, could it? She sat the way she believed she'd seen it done before, checking her poise and adjusting her hands on the reigns several times before calling out to the animals, urging them along.

And she had to say, smirking slightly, she looked good doing it.

[PERFECTION: Spending a void for +1 rank so I can make the raise.]
[4k3 Awareness/Animal Handling: 23+9+3=35 vs TN 15+5]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:23 pm
GM Decree
Upon clarification from Aneksi's player, you all meet up with with Aneksi where she is right now, at the moment, you all will meet at the end of the day at the location which she is now.

Which is pretty good for her as grey arms reached for the sky, grasping for something to drag them out of the earth. Soon, heads would appear out of the earth, chanting "You took our lands, you took our women, you took our lives! You die now!"

Your horses are frozen in fear. You may roll willpower (Adding your honor rank) vs. 15 to avoid a fear 2 effect. You may as a simple action make an animal handling roll to get your horses to respond. Also please roll initiative.

The Map

x x

x x UA

x UZ KJ YM SA x

x

ZB ZW

Legend:
UA= Utaku Aneksi
UZ= Utaku Zhenyu-Ji
KJ = Kitsune Juneko
SA= Shinjo Asura
YM = Yoritomo Misaki
x = Villager zombie
ZB = Zombie Bear
ZW= Zombie Weasel

Also......

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:05 am
The Map

x1 x2

x3 x4 UA

x5 UZ KJ YM SA x6

x7

Legend:
UA= Utaku Aneksi
UZ= Utaku Zhenyu-Ji
KJ = Kitsune Juneko
SA= Shinjo Asura
YM = Yoritomo Misaki
x = Villager zombie

Initiative:
UA: 36
SA: 31
YM: 17
UZ: 8
x1: 8
X4: 8
X5: 8
X2: 7
KJ: 6
X7: 6
X3: 5
X6: 1  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:54 pm
Asura reaffirms control over his horse carefully manoeuvring it and him out of danger. Then as he turned it around he drew his katana ready to charge back in next time.

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100