Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
The Spooky Clutch Touching: Trick or Treat! Open! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:35 am
Power?  With power, I - we - could be anything we wanted.  What's one dream when you can have them all?  Go anywhere, do anything, have everything! What would she do for that kind of power?  The young woman practically hummed with thought.  Power, to her, was to be given anything she wanted, without question or struggle, but to get that power in the first place... Making focused, impactful decisions had never been her strong suit, and she conceded, I can't say for certain, but I can say I'll think on it.  And if I arrive at the answer, maybe I'll come back and share it with you.

With a coy wink and a fine curtsy, Akaris took her leave of the Demon and delicately picked her way back across the Sands - she was going to be finding sand in her clothes later, she just knew it - and brushed her fingers against the mottled shell of the Mummy, a deep and alluring crimson.  Bored, was it? This is rather lacking as amusements go, isn't it? she sympathized. So many tantrums and so little class. Although the eggs she'd touched so far had been quite lovely, several others were doing all sorts of carrying on, causing such scenes!  Really, it was a shame.

------

The Demon wanted to know his hopes and dreams, did it?  It was a request that gave Dezerac pause, though he was open as to why - knowledge what one wanted could easily be honed into leverage, into a weapon, if trusted to the wrong hands.  How was he to know, so soon after making its acquaintance, that the Demon's hands were the right hands?  A calculated risk he ultimately opted to take, letting it in to see what he had never shared with anyone: the pursuit of strength and power not because he sought wealth or status, but because he knew what it was to not have power and to be at the mercy of someone who did.  To be afraid.  And he would never be afraid again, never be weak again.  He was a man now, and it was beneath him.

He'd built himself up over the Turns, erected walls and become what he needed to be to survive.  And that Angel had dared to look only at the very surface and judge him for it!  He would have a dragon, and together they would burn Thread from the sky, and in so doing burn away the pain of what had been taken from him.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:38 am
Tsunake
Iathe

Roana looked up at the approach of another girl and a snappish comment directed at her. Instantly her gaze flashed and her eyes narrowed. "Excuse me?" her tone was acid. "I never said it was, I'm trying to make it see how it's anger is effecting everyone, including the other eggs it seems to want to protect." she growled. Before looking down at The Frankenstein egg.

"And you are not helping!" she scolded the egg. "I told you I'd help you,or did you miss that part?" However when the egg lurched at her the red head's automatic reaction was to grab it, bracing her weight against the shell so it couldn't tip itself over or too violently against the other eggs. "Whoa! Whoa! you're going to hurt yourself and the other eggs if you don't listen to me." she told the egg, pretty much repeating herself. "Well fine, if you don't want my help that's fine, but I'll be thread scored before I let you crack yourself and get me in trouble." she snapped in a fit of reflected anger. Deep down the pirate knew she was well out of her dept, after only five days at the weyr she still had a lot to learn and her doubts over her own qualifications for a dragon were miriad and only increasing thanks to the angry egg under her hands. Not that she was ever likely to admit that to Iathe.

Her eyes blazed at high reaches girl. If she hadn't understood the western weyrs dislike of their brethren before, she was starting to seethe light. "If you're so wise and all knowing." Her sarcasm was biting. "Help me settle it down. And maybe not rile it up with more thoughts of violence!" However as ther candidates moved up to try and touch the egg, Roana thought she felt it calm. Carefully, gingerly she released her hold and stepped away, hoping that it would now stay upright on it's own.  

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:55 am
The vibes he was getting from the Hunter egg were quite intriguing if Venn had to be honest. For such a little life it was already an old soul, one who took responsibility and worry without batting an eye. A bit of a martyr, perhaps, and Venn could relate to that. He often helped others expecting nothing in return, although he did it out of kindness rather than the fierce desire to protect.

What worried him? He didn't speak it out loud, but the thoughts flicked through his mind. Not Impressing before he aged out, working hard all these years and failing, being used for his kindness...the typical things he kept to himself.

"My friends and family of course. My home," he said with a little smile, answering one of the 'questions' verbally. "I'm not the strongest or fastest or smartest, but I can still do my best to do so." And in the end that was what mattered, in his book. He glanced over the sands, hopeful that the other eggs would calm soon and the tension in the area would dissipate a bit.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:19 am
Kieza blinked at the emotions radiating from the egg, it was like facing an angry beast, but one who did not like being angry. She could feel the wanting emanating from the Ghoul Egg. Instead of getting up to move on to the next egg, the girl knelt in the hot sands to oblige the egg a moment longer.

She ran her hands over the egg’s surface and sent feelings of peace toward the little one inside. I won’t leave you unless you want me to leave, Little one... you deserve as much attention as any of these eggs. And your egg is the loveliest here in my eyes. The color of ripe berries. She sent it an image of berries ripe on a vine, full to burst with sweetness.

And in that moment, a tinge of homesickness came over the girl, but she shook it away, instead filling her mental images with things that filled her with calm - perhaps the little egg would feel the same about them.  

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:34 am
Alya

Oh! How saucy! Alya bit down on her lower lip to keep from laughing, but promptly removed her hand from the Mummy Egg, as requested. She loved how they all had such diverse personalities! Twisting away, the soft greys of the Djinn Egg caught her eye, and Alya didn't hesitate to nimbly skirt over the sands to touch it.

Maybe you have time for me, dear one! How much fun this all is!

Iathe

The tall girl found herself baring her teeth as the rage of the egg seeped into her, wanting to bite and maim something--but then the egg gave such a lurch that she gasped, unconsciously helping the older girl keep the egg steady. She met the redhead's stare with her own fiery gaze, bristling something fierce at the condescending words. Much as she hated to admit it, Roana was right. Indulging the dragon might feel like helping, but would do no good in the end.

Gritting her teeth, she snarled the words out. "Fine. But don't patronize it--unless you want it to stay angry?" Forcing herself to take a deep breath, she thought as calmly as she could at the Frankenstein Egg. Which was difficult, but shards and shells, she wasn't going to start brawling on the sands like a stupid wherry and dash her chances of Standing!

They'll all get theirs, one way or another. Please trust me. I won't let anything happen--you can believe me. Iathe thought furiously at the baby within, forcing herself to continue to breathe in, and out, in, and out.

Sinders Path
For Roana!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:37 am
Jagmund

The wispy, brief thoughts of the Wraith Egg were quite unexpected. He was prepared to be hit with anger or disgust, but this egg just seemed sleepy. Was it worn out from the Touching and ready for a nap? Or was that just it's way of being?

"Huh." Jagmund pulled his hand away. He wondered what the dragonet inside would be like once it had to face the wider world. All would be revealed soon enough, wouldn't it?

The Candidate wandered away, and brushed his hand through his messy red hair. He had been to other Touchings and Hatchings but this one was turning out to be more interesting than usual. As he walked, the bright shell of the Hellhound Egg caught his attention, so he drifted over to it and placed his hand lightly on it's shell. Hello there, bright one. What makes your world whole?  

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:40 am
Lennik

The anger radiating from The Frankenstein Egg continued to roll into that bubble of anger that Lennik was finding harder and harder to keep where it was. He'd promised himself he'd be better than that. He was going to be better than that.

And you should be better than that too. Once you're mad and hurt someone for it - someone you care about - they may not let you take it back. For all of it's demands, all it was doing was being angry and not actually communicating! I won't be able to help you if you can't calm down and ask nicely. Who else is upset? Deep breaths.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:46 am
Ladellan
Ah, now that was always the question, wasn't It? How far would anyone go to protect not only loved ones, but others? Some would help family, and no one else. Some would help everyone, but only so far.

Del knew that riders risked their lives, just as their winged partners did. They gave their all. Yes, it was a risk, but it was worth it. He would protect all those unable to protect themselves, be they friends, family, or otherwise.

He realized suddenly that he'd been enjoying the Hunter egg's company for longer than he'd expected. It was time to move on, though he certainly hoped to see it again. When the egg hatched, he hoped that this one would accept him.

The next egg for him was the Djinn. Strolling over, Ladellan put his hand on the misty shell. What wonders might it contain?  

Ryala

Blessed Mage

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:57 am
Oerlen knew nothing of snow, but the Wraith's touch made him shiver nonetheless, picturing homey gatherings on firelit evenings. He wondered if this dragon might remain so indifferent and distant when faced with Thread and whether or not that would be a boon or a hindrance.

And then his stomach growled.

With a parting pat for its dreamy sibling, Oer moved closer to the girl kneeling in front of the Ghoul Egg, seemingly deep in conversation with the creature within. He rested his fingertips on its starry shell, realizing as he did that it was the source of his sudden hunger.

Am I interrupting? he asked, totally interrupting.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:00 am
Serfie felt hunter appraising her, judging her but without predjudice, it didn't like secrets no, but it would have to learn in time, sometimes secrets HAD to be kept, for the sake of those around them, honnesty was fine, for people other than Serfie, but she appreciated the Egg's honest feelings, and it's protective vibe, since she'd seen more than one snatch their hands away, rebuffed. Maybe they'd deserved it, maybe their secrets had been much worse than hers. She was just glad the egg was nice. She stayed a while longer, lulled by the feeling from Hunter Egg, it made her feel safe, like Nasath did.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Farellen gave the girl who grinned at him, a cheeky wink, "good luck" he said, meaning at the Hatching before pulling his hand away from the egg .. well okaaaay then, if that was how it was going to feel, he wasn't going to spend a moment more in it's company.

Here Farellen was stuck, should he go clockwise and move to Hunter Egg, or to the closer, Angel egg, hmmm.... okay it wasn't completely logical but he moved to the Angel Egg, it was closer and he could see another, just as methodical route among the eggs. He laid a hand on Angel, admiring the swirls of it's shell.

Tsunake
for brief mention XD

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:00 am
(Reposting due to user(mine) error. Sticking with the Zombie for a second round.)

Faren chuckled, remembering a similar event at the last hatching she'd stood at. The egg had been more playful in intent than seeking to thank someone just for noticing it, but it had particularly upset the gold Uridith, overseeing her clutch. "Noo, you have to stay put. Mother knows what's best for you, okay?" She smiled, gingerly rolling the little egg back into place and building up the sand nest around it, careful not to hide the pretty shell. "I'll stick around a little, how's that sound, then, hmm?" She smiled, crossing her legs and moving closer to the egg some to softly trace the stripes on the shell. "You and your siblings seem so genteel, so far. I imagine some interesting personalities, when we all get to meet you."

She glanced up at the nearer gold, to make sure she wasn't overstepping any bounds, and that she'd put the egg back to rights. The last thing she wanted to do as a visitor was upset the residing gold. A cringe rocked her form at the howl, but the sound was just so... happy, it made her smile. "Don't you fret. There will be plenty of attention for all of you soon." She stroked the egg gingerly, as if to reassure it that she planned to be a presence at the hatching, whether she walked away alone again or found her missing fragment of soul.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:33 am
Kambri (W)

Needless to say, the signs the Frankenstein's Monster Egg were showing were concerning. At first it seemed as though the egg was responding to the touch he gave, but it seemed like something was making it. . . angry? He wasn't sure. Something was definitely not right. "What is wro--" He had been about to ask when he felt a lurch come from the egg that had him concerned. It happened a second time and Kambri immediately took his arms from the egg. This wasn't going to work. Whatever had the egg so violently angry it seemed to only be getting worse. Kambri did a quick check to see if it was possibly him, but the first response led him to believe otherwise. What should he do? That second lurch had him too concerned to do something immediately. If it did it a third time it would likely fall over and for all he knew a dragonet would emerge from it too soon.

Knowing he would likely get into trouble with someone for what he was about to do, Kambri put his legs around the egg to try and brace it should it happen again. He wasn't foolish though. If this egg started to careen to either side one of his legs would likely be crushed. He wrapped his arms around the base of the egg, slightly higher than his legs, trying not to get in the way of other's touching the egg but probably failing all the same. Kambri rested his chin on the egg as his eyes tried to search out Vimiath or her rider. Kambri was certain this situation called for a mother's touch. Or some advice. "Hey little one, I know you are angry." He paused, before adding, "And I don't know why, but maybe if you focused on one voice that wasn't inspiring this anger?" Kambri asked of it. "Just focus on a voice. Or a thought. You are lurching to the point that you may tip over, you don't want that right?" Kambri asked, trying to distract it while simultaneously trying to appeal to some reason the egg had. "If you tip over and hatch, it may be difficult for you to find your's." He admitted, though not really having a clue. If it could calm the egg though, it would be worth the ridicule that would surely follow from his ineptitude. Kambri hadn't been a candidate but a mere few days before the touching occurred and nothing but rumors to go on in terms of what happened with an egg.

"You want to find them, right?" He asked. "And if you haven't felt their touch yet then try to think of the moment that you will. The joy of that moment for you. Then when you are ready" he stressed, "to hatch with all of your siblings then imagine that moment when you first lay eyes on one another." Kambri had lowered his voice at some point during the story he was weaving for the egg, to make it sound a little whimsical and trying to inspire the emotions he talked about. Kambri hoped this was helping the egg, or that there was a way Vimiath or her rider could help if it didn't.

Teiha

Sinders Path

Tsunake

demon_pachabel

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

stella cinere
Crew

Ice-Cold Codger

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:56 am
Apate almost wiggled under A’ral’s gaze as he spoke to the candidates before releasing them into the hatching sands, it wasn’t like himself to be on his best behavior for anything but this was something far more valuable than attempting to get a laugh out of an audience. Even if there was stands filled with people, all their eyes watching and waiting for the first egg to shift, to crack and to see who would be the chosen riders the candidate for once he knew better than attempting to cause any trouble. Though the thought was so seemingly tempting there was no chance that Apate wanted to screw this up and be dragged off the sands by A’ral’s stoney grip and to lose his chance for something a little more than being just some unwanted weyrbrat.

No this had to go right, the young man shook his head letting the handful of messy curls bounce around before reaching the gold dragon and her rider. Pausing he offered them a grin before giving an elegant sweep of a bow his feet shifting in the sand making him wish he was barefoot once again. When he was done Apate bounced along letting the next candidate have their chance to greet them as he tucked his arms behind his back to study each egg carefully. It wasn’t as if he could see what was beyond their colorful shells and know what they would be like but he liked to observe things before leaping in too soon and ending up with your tail between your legs. The blue eyes glanced over each before resting on a smaller egg, one that looked as if it could almost blend into the night sky. Reaching out he ran his fingers along the outside shell of The Goblin as a grin grew along the edges of his lips and his eyes glowing with faint amusement. Hello little one, something tells me we are almost alike in some ways, beautiful in a way but mischievous to our little heart desires. I bet we could be quite the pair if we were together, imagine all the fun we could have or at least get into.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:56 am
Mari was surprised by the egg's dismissal, but was even more so when Dolmar pulled him away from the egg. "That's the one," he said, and gave his twin a smile. Whatever the egg had done, it seemed to upset Dolmar. Maybe it'd been dismissive of him as well.

He greeted the Siren Egg happily. He'd never seen anything like it. It was like a huge polished pearl. He put his hand on it. "You're beautiful," he said. The dragon within would be just as beautiful, he knew it. He hoped this egg would be nicer to Dolly; the last egg had upset him.  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:46 am

Aukai Oceansoul

Siren Egg

The infant within the shell practically preened at Damon's words. Why yes, it would be one of Pern's very best! How kind of him to notice the Siren. But who wouldn't notice the Siren, after all? Who was this gentle soul who knew a quality egg when he saw one?

demon_pachabel

Hellhound Egg

Awooooo, the Hellhound cried quietly, trying to distract and entertain the Werewolf. Awooo! Marty had good ideas. It had needed the help, and she had offered it. It was grateful. The warm flush of its gratitude filled the air around the egg for a moment, before it let itself go quiet while awaiting results.

Meepfur

Hellhound Egg

Riiioooooo! No wonder the Werewolf had been having fun with this Candidate. He had a good name for howling. But the Hellhound took the lesson to heart. It could be a good guard and flashy, all at once. That was a lot of things to be.

Ryala

Siren Egg

Interest lit through the Siren. It loved music. It could even make some of its own. Listen! And the Siren began to weave its eerily beautiful melody once more.

Not at all. The Siren did not mind welcoming those who had been set adrift.

~Kiana_Nala~

Hellhound Egg

At Miach's mention of wanting to help others, the egg wiggled. It didn't need to wiggle to tell her what it liked, but it could all the same. And it did like the idea of her being a healer. That was a good thing to be, and she would be good at it.

Nilah44

Siren Egg

Hello, the Siren said melodiously. There was no reason to be nervous, to be frightened. Come closer, child. This was the Siren's egg, and there was nothing to fear here. Nothing but the Siren. And why fear it?

Angel Egg

The Angel was quite fine, thank you very much. It was only that wicked sorts kept touching its egg. Thankfully, her touch was a bit of a reprieve. She'd already showed a level of compassion for some of its siblings that pleased it.

While it did not like the Frankenstein's Monster being upset, it also knew that that would pass.

tatterpixie

Siren Egg

Yes, the Siren was calm. It greeted him, contemplating what it saw within the young man. He was... sweet, bright, kind. Cheerful. Not one of its lovely ladies, alas, but still not bad company.

smolderingskies

Hellhound Egg

The egg was quiet for a long moment, reflecting over what she had said. What did it hope for? One day... one day, it would have a rider, and it would be an even better guard. And it would keep everyone safe. Forever.

faesinger

Siren Egg

Come, dance with me, the Siren told Shahera, noting how she had moved across the sands. It wanted to know more of this dancer, and why she always played games.

Avid_RPer18

Angel Egg

The Angel egg was, of course, fine. It was good of her to remember to calm herself. Some of the other eggs might be strongly effected by such emotions. It wouldn't say who they were, but all the same, it was best to be careful.

Thaliawen

Gargoyle Egg

While the Gargoyle was not as enthusiastic in its greeting as Jailla had been, it was certainly nothing personal. The egg was just a little less intense than some of its siblings had been. So it listened to her, and then offered a greeting of its own.

Teiha

Gargoyle Egg

It was a relief to know that its sibling was now safely stowed with their mother. Good, said the Gargoyle, who did not like things within its domain to be harmed. Provided they were well behaved, of course. Silviu did not seem like trouble.

ShinosBee

Siren Egg

Now here was a young gentleman. Hello, sang the Siren. He was not to worry. It had no intention of taking his thoughts personally, and certainly appreciated the apology. Not to mention that he had the good taste to recognize its beauty. Come, stay with the Siren for just a moment and forget your troubles.

Hellhound Egg

The Hellhound wasn't sad, though. A little worried about its siblings, whom it was trying to guard and keep safe. But not sad. It sent him a brief hello, not a rejection, but rather the nuzzle of a young pup.

Tsunake

Djinn Egg

The most fun. Oh yes, it had wanted attention for such a long, long time. So pleasant to have her touching it just now. Do go ahead and stroke its shell. What a fascinating day it was having with so many lovely creatures such as herself.

ChaosTheories

Hellhound Hound

What made its world whole? Being able to protect and defend. Being strong and quiet. It liked to watch, but it was very, very patient. It could wait, it was so good at waiting. What made his world whole?

Ryala

Djinn Egg

Step forward, Ladellan, for you have just had the pleasure of meeting the life of the party. The Djinn was pleased to make his acquaintance. Already in love with the Hunter, eh? Who could blame him. It was a fascinating egg, if it did think so itself.

Revel1984

Angel Egg

A flicker of interest met that touch of fingers. Hmm. It was admirable that he one day wished to find true love. The Angel did not have strong feelings on the matter, but it was aware of something else. He had certain dreams. So, he wished to become a dragonrider? Many had come to the Angel desiring such a thing, yet what were his reasons?

stella cinere

Goblin Egg

Someday? Why not have fun right now? The Goblin wanted to roll, and no one wanted to roll it. What a shame, for they could cause such mischief together. Was he game?

Thaliawen

Siren Egg

Why yes, dear boy, the Siren was quite beautiful. Bask in its splendor. It wanted to be admired, and he was doing such a good job. His response pleased the egg, to be sure.

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games