Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Disney & Harry Potter Touching] Do You Believe In Magic? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Teiha

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:12 pm
Farin should have known the egg would respond with a question in kind. His answer was… bittersweet. I do, and I love her very much, though she isn’t my birth mother. I never got to meet my real mother. I am especially glad you have yours to love and care for you. He patted the egg fondly, knowing the time to move along had come. I’ll be sure to tell everyone how good you are. Thank you for the visit, my friend!

The next egg he’d meet would be Remember Me. Good day! How are you faring?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:24 pm
Soui she/her - western candidate

"Are you...singing to me?" The pulsing under her fingers drew to mind a song, even if there was no melody inside her head. Something just told her the egg - the dragonet - was singing to her and Soui's cheeks colored with warmth. It'd been so long, and well....it made her want to cry. It was such a wonderful and loving feeling and the candidate really wanted to embrace the egg, but that was completely against the rules, right? She didn't want to get in trouble and not be able to come back to see this specific egg hatch, and so she held back but made sure the egg knew her desire. "I'd love to hug you as a way of saying thanks, but maybe I can do that after you've hatched and found your lifemate? I promise I won't forget, so maybe you can sing to me again too."

Soui never offered to make a promise light-heartedly, and so she hoped the egg knew she was sincere. It'd be okay if the dragonet didn't remember, it was a baby after all and would be very busy, but she'd make sure to remember just in case. "I have to go now, but I'll see you again."

Leaving behind Remember Me, she turned to see an egg a bit to the side that was...alone? Its markings were quite...bloody, but nothing that even remotely shook her nerves nor called her mind to have doubt about its health. Still, as she approached and touched the Be Prepared egg, Soui sent out a small flicker of concern. "I know you're not hurt, but I do want to ask if you're doing okay? Call it an old habit, sorry." There was affection behind it all, and sheepishness.  

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:25 pm
Martirae - She

There. It hadn't been too hard to recompose herself. At least, Marty was sure she had reeled it all back in the time it took to circle Rhianth's clutch. A few interesting minds, some ever watchful, some excited to simply be, and some with a bit more bite and pull. It was good. They were spirited, and Marty? She felt a bit better after Sectumsempra's outburst. That left one egg in this clutch to visit, and with that, the young woman rested a palm on Hufflepuff.

Hello. Staying in the back so we can visit all the others first? or perhaps it simply didn't want to be the center of attention.

---

Fahn - She

Mmmmm! This egg was definitely keeping an eye on her! That was great! Fahn perhaps should have been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of presence Forbidden Forest had, but instead she absolutely basked in the attention it was divvying out. After a moment, she just grinned with a half-laugh. Hope you found something fun in there!

And then, it was off toooo....well, she stepped around a few eggs, giving them a few seconds to react to her before she settled her palm onto Auror. Keeping an eye on everything? Are we gonna cause trouble or is there somebody you have your eye on in particular, buddy? It was all chipper cheer here!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:40 pm
Akaris - She, Western

Oh! The egg's swooning was quite the odd sensation and caught her rather off guard, but she did her best to mentally 'prop' it up. Ah, but she was so flattered! When You Wish Upon A Star thought that she was interesting, and Akaris' confidence was bolstered up even further. It wanted to know her daydreams? Well, she was happy to oblige! She had plenty of those! What sort did it like?

Dreams of far-off, exotic places? Basking on the warm sand of an island beach, in the arms of a special someone? Perhaps it liked the sound of an adventure with a handsome pirate or dashing mercenary - neither one the truly shady sort, of course, just misunderstood free spirits! And maybe on one of those adventures, they might even be chosen by a beautiful, majestic feline! Oh, she had had daydreams of dragons, too, but...not as often as she once had. When she dreamed of dragons now, it seemed far less likely than it once had.

Especially since her ideal dragon had, over the course of the last turn, had become very Junenth-shaped, and she very much doubted that another of him would ever hatch, and even so, bronzes didn't choose girls. But that was what was so lovely about daydreams, right? They could be as far-fetched as you liked - they were yours, and anything could happen!  

Meepfur
Crew

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:44 pm
Yurastar he/him - a western tradition

With the first egg under his belt (not literally) and his luck holding strong, Yurastar was happy over the response given to him by the blue, starry egg. He liked the idea that all of this would be fun and he'd certainly been looking forward to being here. He'd had to beg on his hands and knees to be allowed after the incident that'd happened nearly a turn ago at Western, but it was worth it. To meet nice eggs was worth dealing with his mother's nitpicking and his sister's likely saucy attitude upon his return. Maybe it'd be good to bring Aryale a peace offering, and certainly something to keep the twins from crawling all over him.

But...this wasn't the time nor place to think of such things and Yurastar cleared his throat as he thanked the egg for its time and took off moving. He came across an egg that had him feeling curious, or rather the egg was curious, and so he decided to oblige and happily placed a hand atop the You'll Be In My Heart egg. "Hi there, what are you thinking about?"  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:48 pm
Karone’s lips parted in a bemused grin. The green and silver egg’s response was certainly flattering. Its smooth style of invitation prompted a touch of caution, though. It reminded him of one of the eggs from Kratoth’s clutch—the one that seemed to ensnare most of the candidates who met it. He hadn’t been one of those who lingered. Did that make him stronger than the others? Or just beneath that infant’s notice?

In any case, he remembered what had happened as a result of the candidates’ gathering around that egg. If the same should happen here today, he would not be a part of it. I’d love to stay if I could, but I must keep going. You will certainly make a grand entrance at the hatch, I can already tell. I can’t wait to see it.

As there was some commotion starting around the large red egg in this clutch, Karone skirted back around to Fianth’s quieter eggs. In fact, he went to one of the quietest eggs of them all—Be Prepared. When it was his turn, he bent to gently lay his hand on it, not intruding, but opening his thoughts to the developing dragonet.  

Teiha

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:16 pm
Lauthisen | male pronouns

The sudden, stabbing pain was enough to make him bare his teeth quietly, and the wave of irritably that surged through him had him clench his other fist. These... were not his emotions, he realized after a moment. No, this feeling--was it coming from the egg? Lauthisen slowly backed away, feeling as though he could do nothing more for the young being inside of Sectumsempra.

Slowly, after taking a few deep breaths to calm himself down, the man moved towards an egg near the front of the clutch. His hand rested upon the Forbidden Forest egg. It was mysterious enough... and the slight hint of menace did nothing to deter him.

--

Phryana | female pronouns

A smile pulled at her lips, and her free hand pressed its first and middle finger to her mouth to kiss them softly. Said kiss was then pressed to the shell of Amorentia, and she thanked it silently for teaching her. She'd never knew what young dragons could do... and now, she knew. A sudden, strange sound was enough to draw her attention, and her eyes flickered towards Grumoill, almost disbelieving. He was laughing? How... peculiar. As he approached, the woman offered him a vague smile, slipping her hand from the egg's shell. She hoped he was having a good time, at least.

She moved quietly, noting the disturbance that seemed to be happening... but she didn't linger, moving to the shell that attracted her next. Her palm pressed itself against the shell of the Imperio egg. What would this one be like?

--

Dynzrak | male pronouns

A smile spread across his face as the egg seemed to relent some--and then a surge of anger pulsed through him so suddenly that he jerked his hand away, not wanting to transfer that sensation to the youngling within. What? He stood there for a moment, flexing his fists as he tried to understand the sudden, unexpected emotion. After a moment, he exhaled loudly, letting his head tilt down. Was this... from a dragon? It had to be. There was no other explanation...

He walked away from the eggs for a moment, trying to calm himself. Steady breaths. Everything was fine. Unconsciously, he'd wandered closer to Fianth's clutch... and though it was a small egg, the appearance of the bloodied shell caught his eye. Slowly, he drew closer, and reached out to touch the Be Prepared egg.

--

Iathe | female pronouns

She accepted the egg's wish and withdrew her palm, not wanting to agitate it. A sudden pulse of rage filled her, and she found herself gritting her teeth, immediately looking for someone to fight. ...No. She told herself almost furiously. No, this was not her--and even if it was, she would not fail again, giving into her emotions. Anger was always the worst part of herself...

Iathe stood there for several moments, breathing deeply and trying to keep herself calm. She was better than this. She was more than her anger.

Once she felt in control of herself, she started to move again. This time, her hand rested upon the Expelliarmus egg, remaining as calm as she could.

--

Dehka | male pronouns

Oh.. The sudden reassurance was enough to make a wobbly smile break out over the boy's face. Thank you, he thought at the dragon within, feeling his shoulders relax. You're very kind. He thought at the Make a Man Out of You egg. You're a wonderful dragon, too. I'm very glad that I've met you.

Teiha
she sees you, boy.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:53 pm
houllow
Be Prepared
For just a moment Soui could feel a ripple of affront from the egg, a disdain at having been bothered. So quickly as to be almost instant though, the egg seemed to give a second look. Well, she was tolerable, at least. Mannered more than some others. Almost as if sharing a secret, the egg seemed to lean in, it leaned into the mental contact—so nicely....polite. And then lurched away, withdrawing with a huff. It was just fine, thank you!

Meepfur
When You Wish Upon A Star
Akaris had a rapt audience in the egg, which seemed to focus slightly more as she fed it all those wonderful daydreams. Oh! Oh! Ohhh wow! The little egg loved every and any dream, and seemed utterly fascinated by each in turn. ‘Head’ in a fog of bemused wonder, the egg seemed to lean just a bit heavier, mentally, on the girl before dissolving into a warm mist with a sigh. Tell it more, oh please! Stay and tell it more!!

Teiha
Be Prepared
Well now...didn’t Karone have some interesting things rattling around in that skull? Hmph. Perhaps... The egg did not seem expressly interested, but nor did it withdraw from the young man’s touch. At least this one stood a sporting chance, but was it right for this egg? Really, surely there must be better out there yet to come grace the little splattered egg with their presence! ...Oh, are you still here? Please, don’t wait around on this egg’s account. It’s seen all it cares to, for now.

Tsunake
Forbidden Forest
The mind within the egg seemed to recoil from Lauthisen—not from fear or distaste, but simply to gain a vantage, the better to fix the boy with that intense ‘stare’ of perception. Despite his efforts to shed that anger its sibling had brought on, this egg knew. Like something with too many legs creeping along the boy’s skull, the sensation of being picked over and apart was undeniable. Why hide that anger? Is it not your own by virtue of you yourself feeling it? The egg waits, ever watching, for any spark with the boy.

Be Prepared
Pfft! Did Dynzrak think he merited the little egg’s consideration? Well, points for confidence if nothing else. No, no, see, the egg had asked for any worth its time to step up, not one like this! Still, the egg didn’t outright reject the boy—it almost seemed amused, if somewhat sarcastically so. Certainly you can do better than that, can’t you? The egg scolded with one breath...and then ‘grinned’ with the next, watching the boy with feigned disinterest.

ShinosBee

Nerd

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:07 pm
Soui she/her - western candidate

"S...sorry, but do take care then." Soui was a little disheartened to find this egg didn't seem particularly pleased with her, but then again it'd been naive to think they'd all be welcoming and kind. She'd just gotten very lucky so far and so she chided herself for hoping all the eggs would enjoy her company. Of course this egg hadn't been entirely rude or dismissive, in that it flat out told her to go away, but the huff over her inquiry had been felt. She was rude to ask, so the next time she touched something she wouldn't be so assuming. With another quick thanks she left the egg behind and continued on, shuffling through before deciding to make her way towards the other clutch.

Her first stop happened to be an egg that was a bit apart from the others, and her mind ticked that perhaps this one was in the same boat and wanted to be left alone. Hesitant, but still wanting to give a greeting before leaving, Soui placed her small hand atop the shell of the Forbidden Forest egg. Something about this egg felt weird in her stomach but she pressed it down, not wanting to repeat her mistake from before. "Hello to you. There's something special about you, I can feel it." She felt it like cold fingers on her spine, but that was a different thing.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:07 pm
Lauthisen | male pronouns

The sensation was strange and unnerving, but the boy held himself as steady as he could. Because it was not his anger. He exhaled slowly. The anger of a dragon... that was well and good--but it was not his emotion, and he shook his head slowly. He knows he can allow his temper to slip.... but this? This was not him. He kept his hand upon the Forbidden Forest egg for now.

--

Dynzrak | male pronouns

Yet another egg that thought him less than what he was. The other almost tossed his head, snorting quietly with something that might have been amusement. Not worth its time? Well, he was sorry for that... but the egg apparently still thought him worthy to talk to, yes? He may appear as nothing more than a simple farmer... but he was training to be a young lord. He would not settle to be just an ordinary man, and never would. If Be Prepared disliked that, well...  

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Moofuls

Fashionable Informer

7,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:11 pm
Petrion was in agony. From his place high in the Stands, he fidgeted--first sitting tipped to the very edge of his seat, elbows on knees, chin on hands, staring unblinking at the cluster of eggs that was Rhianth’s clutch, definitely, literally burning with a bright green flame of envy--then, overwhelmed, laying back on the bench seating and letting out an audible groan of boyish frustration—then up again and pacing three steps to the left to stare, hands in tight fists at his sides, after the pastel shells of Fianth’s eggs. Sit; stand; pace; sit.

Four months. He was going to miss out on two amazing—no, two flawless clutches by four months. It was literal torture. He was probably dying.

He dropped down again, scooched to the edge of his seat. Elbows to knees; hands to chin. The boy’s eyes moved rapidly from one gleaming egg to the next. Petrion knew that there were rules. He even agreed with the rules. But, he had to be more adult than some of those Candidates, right? He was an apprentice Healer! He had been around dragons his entire life! And it wasn’t like he was asking to Impress this time. His dragon would be there eventually, and he didn’t think a silly thing like four months would keep the bronze from finding him. No, he wasn’t worried—he was envious.

All of those eggs. What were they thinking? What were the Candidates thinking? What did it feel like to meet an egg? Were they all so different? The reactions on the Sands seemed to say so. Candidates laughing, chatting—some jerking their hands back after only the briefest of touches. What had happened there? If possible, Petrion leaned forward even further, as if the additional inch might give him a taste of what was being experienced far below. And then he groaned (which his mother might have called a whine had she been within hearing distance), stood, and resumed his pacing, greedy eyes never leaving the clutches that were so far beyond his reach.

[Petrion is not a candidate, this is just for fun. Please delete if not allowed.]  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:11 pm
Damon (Western candidate) rushed once ahain onto the sands, this was a fantastic opportunity and he thanked the first egg that je got to be a part of this huge touching, surely his partner would be out there!

He did his due diligence and bowed to the leaders and queens and other important dignitaries before skittering in a slow waltz over the sands. Who would be first? 

He closed his eyes and let himself drift. He figured it wasnt a coincidence that he touched the shell of the Friend Like Me egg first. A thrill went up his arm at the toich of the shell. Dragons were glorious!

-----
Reenav (High Reaches candidate) was an old hand at touchings and he swaggered out onto the sands ready to get to buisness after the neccessary honors and pre req candidate talk.

Reenav sidled one way then the other. There were so many finally he picked a direction and went for the Forbidden Forest Egg. It coloring pleased him and he was intrigued enough to choose it first. The smooth shell like so many he had felt before gave him renewed hope as he concentrated.
_______

Sayuri hummed nervously to herself as she was ushered ontp the sands by a tidal wave of candidates. Oh this was so strange but wonderful. She tried to keep control of her curiousity. Bowing to the elders she sidled toward the How Far Ill Go egg.

She had never tried this before and she held her breath her brow furrowed with consternation. Was she doing it right?  

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:41 pm
Akaris - She, Western

More? Oh, there were always more! Daydreams of her own, stories she'd read, tales she'd heard fron clients and other girls; all of these were open for the baby dragon to peruse. Even her wealth of thoughts about a certain tall, handsome *friend* of hers who currently happened to be visiting Rhianth's clutch. For those moments with the wonderful, daydreaming egg, Akaris could almost forget the fears and worries that had been swarming her, sharing wonderful hopes and fantasies instead of lingering on past mistakes and trauma.

But...she had to be careful about lingering. It was with deep regret that she stroked the shell of the egg once more and offered a genuine apology. I have to go for now, but I'll come back later, if I can. I'll try to bring my friend...I think you'd like him!

Akaris was reluctant to leave, not only because she liked the egg, but because she worried about upsetting it by leaving. But she had to go, and she hoped it understood. She stepped back with a sigh, returning to the real world of the Sands...still considerably happier to be there than she had been not so long ago. Much more like herself. This wasn't easy, per se - the undercurrent of worry was still there, the nagging reminders of everything that had happened a turn prior - but she was managing. It helped, certainly, that all of Fianth's eggs thus far had been wonderful.

She took another measured breath, stood herself straight, idly smoothed out her skirt, and made her way to the Perfect Isn't Easy Egg to extend a polite, almost eager greeting. Hello. I'd love to make your acquaintance, if you'd like that too.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:47 pm
Andrestia - HR

After looking over the rest of the clutch Andrestia decided to make her way over to the other clutch, giving a sweeping bow as well to Fianth before studying the eggs. She watched as a pink hair candidate left after resting his hand on a blue noted egg. Reaching out she gave a faint smile to Remember Me Egg as she poured all her happy thoughts to it.

“Hello there, I hope your day is going well little musical one. I wonder if you can sing like a bird? It would be fun to sing together yes?”

---------

Cabhan -- HR

Giving his best to the egg he made his way to the other clutch wanting to spend at least a little time with them before having to be shuffled off the sands entirely. This one was less pastel, more darker colors that Cabhan tended to lean towards. Staring for a moment he finally reached out to a silver and green spiraled Slytherin Egg trying his best to summon his hopes, dream and least of all some happiness.

“Hello… I don’t know if you are what I dream to be but I hope things pan out for you.”

-------------

Vodex - HR

Vodex gave the noted egg one last smile before leaving it and making his way over to the other clutch he hadn’t yet spent any time with. Giving the fierce looking queen a bow he turned his focus on the eggs deciding to follow how he started in the last clutch, with the largest pink egg. Resting his hand on the Avada Kedavra Egg he tried to think happy thoughts, or at least something of comfort.

“Hey, I wonder if you are having fun… or not?”  

stella cinere
Crew

Ice-Cold Codger

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:01 pm
Aroontwa

Oh dear! Exhausted eggs weren’t good. And so early on. Aroontwa was worried for the little egg. Please don’t feel the need to respond to everyone. Just the one you feel like. He told it to the best of his limited abilities. But he didn’t want to be the cause for the overwhelmed state so he moved on quickly after that. Were other eggs getting tired too?

Not interested in the angry egg, Aroontwa when the other direction and placed his hand on the Nimbus 2000 Egg. “Are you ready to be out yet?” He asked cheerfully.  
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games