Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Kleoth's Hatching] Coveting Their Grace (Open!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:45 pm

Indeed, Teal and Blue Lightning white did not know that her sister didn't intend to follow her. At least, not yet. Eyes a bright, happy blue, the little white made her slow, laborious way toward a couple of Candidates, wanting to hide behind them. Surely sister wouldn't see her there!

Savindri and Haraven seemed safe. She wound around their legs before tucking behind them. A great hiding spot! Dusty Rainbow would never know. Okay, I hid. Now it was her sister's turn to find her.

Uta
Meepfur

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:05 pm
Savindri

Savindri was beyond delighted when Teal Rosette rubbed against him, though he was very good and didn't touch, no matter how desperately he wanted to pet her. He cooed a "Hello" at her, but she was soon off about her business, leaving him to grin like a fool at Haraven, his expression a clear 'Did you see that?!'

And then next thing he knew, they had another visitor! The little white from the Lightning Egg wound around their legs and tucked herself behind them, as though to hide. "Hi," he whispered carefully, wiggling the four fingers of his left hand at her in greeting.

x Uta

x Mr Cheri

Meepfur
Crew

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:06 pm
Brenley and Bronze Tuinunuth

When they left the sands, it was with every intention of obtaining Tuinunuth's first meal as quickly as possible, but there were so many people to see along the way that the pair got a little sidetracked. The healers seemed particularly fascinating, and Brenley chuckled every time he heard the bronze ask another perfect stranger how their day was going. He didn't think it common for dragons to speak to everyone within sight, but if it was a problem, it was tomorrow's problem. His own good humor hadn't faded in the slightest. Bren wondered if it ever would.

Oh, yes! My clutchmates are all wonderful! I doubt you'll see any serious injuries today!

He scratched at Tuinunuth's neck as he strolled past the dawdling hatchling, and with a piping, Have an excellent day! the bronze was off again, bouncing ahead of his rider and finally reaching the food. He chose a spot that everyone but the sneakiest of his siblings would have to pass and flopped into a sprawl. Bren could feel how hungry he was, but Tuinunuth remained silent for perhaps the first time since he'd been born.

What would you like to try first?

Something small. I don't want to eat all the food before everyone gets here.

I promise, no matter how much you eat, there will be plenty for your brothers and sisters.

Tuinunuth's cheery blue eyes gained a swirl or two of yellow as they narrowed, just a bit. Are you sure? I'm very hungry.

Bren sat, leaning in close and rubbing at the dragon's shimmering headknobs. I'm very sure. He had a list of statements spooling in his mind that would prove his words, but Tuinunuth didn't need more than that single assurance. The hatchling sat up anxiously and rested his chin on the edge of the table.

I've heard wherry is good? Please?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:13 pm
OREUNE

The moment a green came over after the blue departed, Oreune had gripped Mhin's hand tighter once more....only to be prompted to let it go once that rainbow washed through the green's eyes. The girl next to her, who had been so excited and had hoped so much, had those dreams come true, and the older candidate let go with a heartfelt smile.

She'd hoped too, deep down, that Mhinadi would Impress - she wanted at lesat something nice to happen to her. There was no need to say anything more, just taking a simple step back and nodding that they needed to head away. "I'll see you at the feast. We can talk more then when this is over."

Ah yes, there it was. The thought of 'the end, when it is over' rather than 'see you soon', which...suited Oreune just fine. "Now go eat! You're making me hungry just standing here!" She ushered them away with a tease and looked back to the sands, towards well.....the sands. Dragonets were on them and her thoughts were still welcoming, but. Well. "Go on."

Samuel Carlin

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:21 pm
Sablie (She/her)

Sablie noticed one of the blues had found their rider, it was wonderful to see all the babies finding their other half. Teal rosette seemed to be greeting her mother and her sisters too, while the gold seemed quite comfortable, but agreed to her sister's want to play. She couldn't blame the gold, she had gotten comfortable before too, like she had this morning. Hearing Dascyana next to her, she nodded her head, she also hoped her rider would help the baby. At least the rider would have a headstart, thanks to her friend's gentle words.

"Yes, I won't deny, I would be happy to have any of them, no matter the color. I just figure gold will go to someone more..well, not me. All the babies are precious and will find their perfect matches. Whenever my dragon comes, I will love them with everything I have,"she nodded. It was true, no matter the color, she just wanted a dragon to call her own. She had heard what impression was like..well, as best as could be described. Lyf had tried, but hopefully someday she would get to experience herself. It seemed teal rosette found her perfect match now too, how sweet. And little white girl was hiding behind some candidates, which made her blue eyes shimmer happily. The number of dragons was dwindling and as calm as she was, she did worry a little bit. However, her bigger concern was for her friend, who she squeezed her arm gently. If she was feeling the worry, she could only imagine so was her friend.

BastetAmun
We have this

Zaikt
She hopes she gets to know one day how he felt impressing

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:27 pm
Zh'gan and Manahahtath

"Ha!" Smug? Maybe just a little. Zh'gan looked over at his bronze and pointed toward the Sands. "A gold. You see? We do need more." Or else, surely, dragons would stop producing golds. They would know if there were too many and fill out the ranks with other colors, but until that happened, there would be another and another.

Yes, so it seems, Manahahtath agreed. Good. We will welcome her and help her along the way as she grows strong and takes her place. For now, it seems, she needs rest after cracking that shell. He didn't know that she was, theoretically, playing with her little white sister. Just that she'd tucked her head under her wing again. Did he approve? Maybe not, but it wasn't his place to correct a queen, even one this new. Watching, though, that was every dragon's duty.

Zh'gan's attention was on the little white who was the other half of the game and the boy she hid behind. "Come on..."  

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:32 pm
Well.... She supposed her twin had a point. Pink Flower Green had been about to stretch her neck out for Matotoka when her brother had come along to claim him. That was all right. She hadn't expected anything, honestly. And she was just in the middle of giving Tihrokat's hand a nudge when... she felt... something.

I've gotta go. She told her blue brother, giving him a gentle boop before she trudged off in the opposite direction. There was a Candidate who was by themselves now, and after a moment, the green sat down. I'm not very special. She told the girl in a frank way. She wasn't looking for pity or saying so out of low self-esteem. That's just... how it was. I know you probably hoped an amazing dragon would come find you. Maybe even a gold. I'm not any of those things.

She wanted to say that it was okay if the young woman didn't want her, that she'd expected it... but the very thought made her hearts hurt. Um. But I promise that I'll always be there for you, and that I'll do everything I can to make you happy, Oreune. The green looked up at her with yellow eyes, trying not to let the rainbows creep in too early. I think... that together... maybe we could be something really special, if you wanted. Because there was no one in the world that loved Oreune more than she did, and tentatively, she opened her hearts so that the girl could feel all the love and devotion the green held for her. There was no stopping the rainbows that swirled through her eyes now. Your Praedaeth thinks you're the best thing that ever happened.

User Image
houllow

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:39 pm

The Dusty Rainbow Gold lifted her head, and though she changed her position, to regally stretch out, she did not pick herself up to move. Why should she? She was comfortable, and didn't need to move unless she wished it. That didn't mean she couldn't continue the game. So what if it wasn't in the rules--she could do what she wanted and right now it was...lounging.

Yes.

Flop.

To her side, the queen looked more than a little content, sprawled out in all her magnificent glory. She wasn't sleepy, not at all. She just didn't see a need to get up and go. Let her siblings waste all that energy--she was happy here.

To Lightning and Teal White she gave a thrum and sent affection towards her clutchate. Ah, yes, found you! Right there. Wherever that was. Behind some legs, some white robes--eh--close enough. Go hide again, dear one. I'll find you again! Isn't this fun? It was for the gold, if nothing else, who enjoyed the fact she didn't have to actually pick herself up and run around. Far better than a game of chase or some tussle, for sure!

Mr Cheri

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:42 pm
Oh. There she went.

Pink Flower Blue followed after his twin for several steps, supportive, rather than desperate to stay close to her, before he sat back and fixed his eyes across the sands. Well.

I'll be with you soon, dear Praedaeth. he sent a warm wave of love after her and instead turned to right something that had been quite so ever wrong up until now. He'd been keeping an eye on it, of course, but he needed to get over there and get a better look!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:46 pm
Tihrokat

His elation at the arrival of his egg-friends would, ultimately, be bittersweet. No sooner had the blue given him a nuzzle than his attention snapped elsewhere - to His, surely - and the nudge from the green was cut off when she went in search of Hers. And right in the middle of it all, another blue came and spirited Matotoka away.

Oh...well. Well then. In the space of moments, he'd gone from surrounded by friends to no friends, and that was difficult indeed for the insecure boy who was all too used to not being needed, let alone wanted. And once they were all paired off, there...probably wouldn't be any room for him.

But it was fine! Everything was fine! He did his best to suck it up as quickly as possible. Reminding himself that, if nothing else, he still had Wisp! And there was always his friend Teal R- oh, or not. Maybe Yellow Swirl? But he didn't dare to hope.

Better to just mind his own business over here, by himself, and just be happy for everyone. Because he really was happy for them, even if he was lonely.  

Meepfur
Crew

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:51 pm

Okay, okay... okay! She could do this! The Teal and Blue Lightning white waddled along, waddled along and...

Oh.

Hmm! Wait, she knew this one! She knew this one very well! As she had been just about to hide, the little white peeked out from behind Sablie's ankles, peering up at her with whirling rainbow eyes. MySablie, I was supposed to hide again, but I found you instead. Your Totobath is so very tired. May we please go to eat, Mine? And... maybe, maybe Sablie wouldn't mind carrying her?

Just a little? She sent an apology to her golden sister, grateful that she'd been willing to play. But now was the time to Impress, and she hoped that her Sablie might be willing to accept her. If she didn't want to... well. She would understand, but she couldn't go to someone else. So. Maybe Sablie would say yes?

Dea and #Teddy#

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:55 pm
As his brother's sharp teeth scraped against his hide, Lailokenth snarled an ugly, raw note deep in his throat, his red eyes whirling furiously. He tensed, gathering himself for a mighty leap that would send himself flying at Regaliseth's retreating-- only to snap his jaws with utter frustration as Nemeryn mentally held him back. Irritated and hungry, he had zero interest in this other boy who His was insisting on talking to.

The squeeze of his hand and reassurance finally seemed enough to convince Nemeryn, and just as he turned to leave... one of the gossiping greens approached and seemed perfectly content to snuggle herself right against Aneirin's side. Surprised, the larger man couldn't help but bark a laugh before he grinned toothily at the courtesan-turned-dragonrider. "Guess itl'l be sooner rather than later." He noted--only to be interrupted by Lailokenth hissing with irritation. No more distractions!

"We're going." He said firmly, and allowed the brown to stalk towards the table where the other new Weyrling pairs awaited.

Mr Cheri

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:07 pm
Her sister was just the sweetest.... Her entire family was, really! Yellow Swirl Green gave a happy honk as her brothers and sisters continued to find theirs, her eyes whirling. Except.... The baby paused, suddenly looking baffled as she slowly looked about. Had she... not found Hers yet? Carefully turning in a circle, the green looked utterly flummoxed when she realized no one was nearby. She sat down with a thump, blinking for another moment or two. Oh dear.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:07 pm
OREUNE IMPRESSION POST

Her hand felt cold after Mhin left - oh no, Mhinadi as a rider deserved more respect than a shortened name - atfer Mhinadi left, but Oreune didn't mind too much. She was expecting, more or less, to be left standing on the sands alone and would walk off the sands alone too. There was no upset there, only thoughts of a feast she'd get to properly attend and all the food she'd get to eat, since last time there was.....well, that had happened. Hopefully there wouldn't be fish at this affair, but there likely would be and that thought amused the bit of fear that trickled in away. Oreune wasn't happy being alone, even if she was acting like it - there was a fear at the back of her mind that something might happen. Good or bad she wasn't sure, but just.....something.

And then it did.

She'd watched the green come over from seemingly nowhere out of the corner of her eye, and the hands that had been down at her side moved up and together in front of her chest at first, and then her stomach. No need to stand like a maiden, but rather just as someone here to pay attention to a dragonet that had arrived.

I know you probably expected an amazing dragon would come and find you.

Of everything that popped into her head, all the words beyond it (and a name - Praedaeth ), this was all that Oreune really heard. She could help but quip back in spite of herself, her eyes locking with rainbows that peered up.

"I was expecting nothing so." Was that....happiness leaking in at the back of her mind? A relief to finally be pleasantly surprised over something rather than being proved 1000000% correct? Oreune was so used to being right about the things she expect that it was bittersweet and almost painful to be proven....wrong.

To be surprised with an event that would change her life forever, hopefully for the better (again, low expectations). Which, if all this was going to the baby, she probably better apologize.

No, I'm with you on it. I mean. The dragonet shrugged in as much as a dragon baby could shrug, and Oreune had to bite back the snort that threatened in her mouth. Let's just hope we make it through the rest of the hatching.

"You're.....setting the bar pretty low, aren't you?" Praedaeth shrugged again, her eyes still loving as she looked at Oreune. Her stomach, however, was not as loving and threatened with a noise that matched Oreune's own from eariler. "Anyway...let's....go get something to eat."

Was she acting okay??? Shards and shells and Faranth's thick tail, how was she supposed to act?? Oreune had never imagined this would happen to her, least of all...well, ever - she couldn't even finish her thoughts. She felt.....happy and completed and that was terrifying.

You're just fine. You're perfect for me and me for you and right now we need to eat as much as we can before my brother joins us and eats it all. You don't know what he is capable of - him or any of my other siblings. Praedaeth got to her feet and moved to Oreune's side, an affectionate nuzzle coming into a palm that had opened and dared to reach out. No more need to be scared, no more need for cold hands.

"We're going."

Ah yes.

We.  

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:11 pm

Valendyr
Things were happening very quickly and it was difficult to keep up. He did notice when Matotoka found himself a blue, and did look quickly over at Bukichi. He tried to keep his expression schooled, but he knew there was bad blood between them.

Still, the dragonets hadn't finished Impressing, and there were still a few more left. Some had yet to find Theirs, and he watched the remaining few guardedly. The end of Hatchings was both joyful and bittersweet, and he wanted to steel himself for the inevitable rejection to come. Not that he hoped for it--of course not--but doubt was a difficult thing to fight when there were only a few babies left.

"Still enjoying yourself, Sioryl?" He asked, curiously. The boy had been moved to tears early on--was he still holding up all right?

"Just a few more out there." And no, he wasn't going to hope... it would be better that way.

faesinger

SilverLutz

Tsunake

Haraven
The young man was all smiles, especially for Savindri who had gotten a nice greeting from the little green. When the small white came over, his heart couldn't help but melt a bit--she was small and precious and playful and---off again before he knew it.

He didn't begrudge her such a thing--she was meant to find Hers, after all--but he did feel a bit of regret. The end was drawing near, it seemed, and many of the dragonets had already been paired off. That was wonderful... it truly was! And there were still babies out there. Perhaps Savindri or he might yet get lucky?

"You got an awful lot of attention, Tihroket!" He told the other boy encouragingly, knowing he wasn't too far off and now, quite alone. "They all seem very kind and very good." If the other wanted a group to stand by, surely Savindri (and Surel) wouldn't mind.

Thankfully, outside of the brown's tussle none of them had been particularly savage. A blessing, indeed.
Meepfur

SilverLutz

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas