Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply RP Retreat
* Harry Potter; Mauraders' Era; lunch (next muggle studies); Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

<3;
  <3;
View Results

Sikhe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:57 am
"Well, that should be very interesting, and I'm sure you'll learn loads more on your own then you would in the class. And, I really hope I won't end up in the hospital wing. I hate that place."

Sybill took Venetici's offered hand to exit the carriage and then turned around and waited for him to help Lucy out as well. "Such a gentleman" she teased. "Oh, and Lucy, don't worry too much about the hospital wing, it's that sort of stress that puts you there."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:53 pm
"I just know im going to fail my OWL's, dya think they will expell me if i fail them all?"

James laughed a little, amused at Peter's stress over OWLs. "Don't worry about it, Pete! We'll all be studying together for them, so if you fail, we probably will, too!" He tapped his fingers on the table, impatiently waiting for the sorting to begin. "Actually, I don't know if we will be doing much studying, but I'm sure Remus will be," he added, chuckling. "Don't give me that look, Remus! I'm only kidding!"

He looked around the Hall, and then up and down the Gryffindor table. His eyes came to rest on Lily Evans. "Blimey, she's gorgeous," he said out loud, half-accidently. He turned away, after a moment's hesitation, and back to his friends. "I'm so hungry!" He clutched at his stomach melodramatically.

un de plus pamplemousse

Mistril

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:38 pm
"Such a gentleman."

Grinning, Venatici replied, "I try."
After he made sure both the girls were safely out of the carriage, he put Ara back into her carrier and turned towards Hogwarts. "We should hurry, everyone else is almost there and I am starving."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:38 pm
Severus made his way through the impressive, cobbled entrance of Hogwarts into the vast Great Hall. Upon stepping inside, shouts of greeting and laughter amongst the tables met his ears. He took a seat at the Slytherin table, glancing at the others around him, noting Lucius Malfoy and crew were nowhere to be seen. Probably personally seeing to his things, he shrugged. With another glance around the table, he noticed Bellatrix Black sitting not too far down the table from him. He nodded in her direction as he briefly caught her eye, not knowing if she actually registered his presence or not. It didn't really matter.

Sighing, he looked down at the table, tracing the pattern of the wood with a finger. Let's get the bloody sorting over with, then. He wanted nothing more than to get to his room and make sure all his things had arrived properly.

un de plus pamplemousse

Psychopathic Sanity

Tipsy Tycoon

6,450 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:21 am
Lily noticed James' eyes on her for a couple seconds. She smiled, then he looked away.

She frowned... Damn, she had another book but it was probably on its way to the dormitory by now... She grumbled.

Lily's stomach made the same noise. Lily looked down at her stomach, and realized for the first time that day, she hadn't even eaten breakfast because she had her nose in her book. She stuck her hand in her pocket and broke off a small piece of granola bar that she popped into her mouth and ate happily.

For now, that'd be good enough... The feast wasn't *that* long a way.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:22 pm
"Hello, Rita, how was your summer?"

"Hmm? Oh, hello Hestia," Rita replied, pausing from her doodles."My summer was enlightening. I did some work at the prophet. I wouldn't mind working there someday. And yours?" Rita flipped the page to her notepad, ready to transcibe an attention grabbing details.  

Ky Jelly

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Le Papillon Pleurant

850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:40 pm
"My summer was enlightening. I did some work at the prophet. I wouldn't mind working there someday. And yours?"

Hestia wondered whether or not she should make up some elaborate story just to give Rita something to write about. After a moment of consideration, she held herself back from the promising opprotunity of a good giggle and shrugged her shoulders. "Oh, it was alright, I suppose. I went on a cruise with my family through the Carribbean," she explained as she took a sip of her pumpkin juice. "But I spent most of my time getting a tan or reading."  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:16 pm
[[ If you don't check the front page of the roleplay regularly, this is your friendly reminder to do so. It IS updated frequently. We're holding a Sorting Hat contest, so check that out in the main forumn, and enter for your chance to be the sorting hat AND win a wizards wand. Since theres little else we can do in the roleplay till the sorting is finnished, I have to ask that we put roleplaying on hold for now. Thank you. ^^;]]  

ieatwood

Distinct Rogue

8,500 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Elocutionist 200

ieatwood

Distinct Rogue

8,500 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:10 pm
Headmaster Dumbledore was in his seat at the middle of the staff table, up on the dias at the front of the hall. Above him, the clouds drifted over the starry sky, the waning moon spreading its light over the hall, which was brightly lit by the thousands of floating candles. He stood, his floor length robes were richly made, celestial objects spread across the fabric. A lush, midnight sky, with brilliant stars, moons, planets and a fur lining along the hem and cuffs. Off the tip of his pointed hat hung gold tassels. He stood when the students finnished seating themselves, and had begun to quiet down, expecting him.

He stood and spread his arms wide, waiting till the students hall went silent. In a voice, that barely seemed above talking, but still made its way through the hall, he began, "Welcome to Hogwarts, I am the Headmaster Dumbledore, new students, we'll get you sorted quickly into your houses so the feast may begin. Deputy Headmistress Professor McGonagall will begin the sorting."

With a gesture to Professor McGonagall, Dumbledore took his seat.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:19 pm
Tight-knit and proper, Professor McGonagall led a sea of nervous-looking first years towards the front of the Great Hall. Clutched tightly in her hands was a rolled up bit of parchment, listing all of the newcomers to the school that needed to be sorted. Right before McGonagall stood a wooden stool, used every year, holding up a tattered looking hat. However, it wasn't just any hat, for it was the Hogwarts Sorting Hat, who would come alive before them, break out into song, and sort them all one by one into one of the four Hogwarts houses.

Stopping and turning sharply on her heel, she looked down, utterly annoyed as a first year collided into her, obviously not watching where he was going. Foolish boy, she thought to herself, hoping that he would not be sorted into her own house of Gryffindor. She wanted a House Cup win this year, like every year, and did not want mindless children getting in the way.

"When I call your name, you will step forward and sit down. I will place the Sorting Hat on your head, which will sort you into one of the four Hogwarts Houses." She said calmly and expertly, making it very plain that this was something that she did every year. Slightly, she cocked her head, turning to the Sorting Hat with the parchment still rolled into her hand as the Sorting Hat broke into song:

My dear friends please gather around
Listen to the sorting hat’s new sound
Of worn leather I am made
But don’t let this fool you, your faith should not fade

For I shall sort you all by song
Into the houses for which you belong
Little first years do not be afraid
Let’s sort you into the houses for which you were made

First we start with Hufflepuff, with students so kind
Of these boys and girls no other you will find
To suit the needs of being trustworthy and true
And loyal to those who put their faith in you

Next is good old Gryffindor who are so very brave
When put under pressure Gryffindors wont fade
They’re honesty and integrity is to be admired
Unique is the way their brains are wired

Then we come to Slytherin where the cunning go
Mercy and pity are traits they don’t show
They’ll stop at nothing till the top they’ve reached
When trust and honour they have breached

Next is sharp minded Ravenclaw whose students are so smart
Their quick wit and high grades set them apart
Puzzles they find easy and riddles a piece of cake
They find it very hard to make the smallest mistake

This is where we finish as this is the end of my song
So put me on your head, it really won’t take long
Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, Slytherin or Gryffindor
Now let us see, I won’t keep you waiting any more!

For a brief moment, Professor McGonagall allowed the students to clap for the Sorting Hat's new song before she unrolled the parchment, grasped the hat and held it up from the stool, calling out the first students' name. "Ludo Bagman!" It was none other than the kid who ran into her before, and and she placed the Sorting Hat on his head, she was very relieved when the Sorting Hat boomed, "Hufflepuff!"

One by one, they were sorted until only one student remained; Veronica Smethley who was sorted into her own house of Gryffindor before Professor McGonagall rolled up the parchment, grabbed the Sorting Hat and stool and took them both away for Professor Dumbledore to announce the feast.

comfylove
Crew

ieatwood

Distinct Rogue

8,500 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:19 pm
Dumbledore stood, nodding graciously to Professor McGonagall for her part in the evenings proceedings. He waited a moment or two, for the students to settle down after the Sorting, then held his hands out wide, "Without further ado, I know you're all anxious to eat, I welcome you to a new year at Hogwarts, let the feast begin!"

With that, he flicked his wand, the tables suddenly laden with all the delicious food imaginable. He sat, as the hall erupted with noise as the students dug into the food and began chatting. He sat, giving McGonagall a soft smile as she took her seat.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:08 pm
Severus heaved a huge sigh of relief. The Sorting cerimony was always rather tedious, but this year it seemed to go by mercifully quickly. After Dumbledore got done with his characteristically short speech, he watched with, loathe was he to admit, a bit of anticipation as the food started appearing on the tables.

He took the dish nearest him, which happened to be full to bursting with delicious-looking sheperd's pie, and began scooping out a portion onto his plate, then moved on to some other dishes, not forgetting to pour himself a glass pumpkin juice. His plate heavily laden with food, he began eating, savouring the delicious meal.

He didn't have much conversation with his fellow housemates around him; indeed, he had never been much of a socialite. Instead, he concentrated on his schedule, running it over in his head, and thinking ominously about OWLS.

un de plus pamplemousse

Ky Jelly

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:02 am
"But I spent most of my time getting a tan or reading."

"Ah, just normal summer routine then? Well, it doesn't sound too bad, but that's not for me." Rita turned her attention back to the head table as McGonagal began the sorting ceremony. She noted each house the students were sorted into and any noticable attributes they had. As the last student was sorted, she turned towards her own table, delighted at what the hosue elves had made for the feast. Instead of loading her plate and eatting briskly, Rita slowed her pace, observing her classmates as they ate  
RP Retreat

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games