Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 138 139 140 141 142 143 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:04 pm
@ Scorpion Shenanigans:

"I don't think that would be a problem. Makoto-san's always willing to help those in need of an herbalist's touch. He hasn't been told you were the anonymous tipper though, so whether you discuss the matter with him is at your own discretion."

He would nod, before turning towards the tent entrance. He would pause and look at Kojiro again. "I will warn you, however. His price is pretty steep, and his bedside manner is atrocious." He would then push open the tent flap and call within. "MAKOTO-SAN! YOU HAVE A CHALLENGER!"  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:20 pm
@ Hare Shenanigans:

Slice!

Riiiiip!

As Denbe sat there in contemplation, the business end of a wakizashi would poke through the cloth of his tent and cut a slice several centimeters long down the fabric. After a moment after the blade disappeared, two slender fingers pried apart the hole, and a bright soft-blue eye peered inside.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:21 pm
@Scorpion Shenanigans

Please, please let this be less ominous than it sounds! Kojiro thought as Sozen announced Makoto. "I don't think I have alot of time. I have yet to sign up for my event for the day...but this pain is getting annoying!"

The bushi sighed mentally I think I'll sign up for the drinking contest if Maru-chan decides she can't wait. I could use a few...  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:57 pm
@ Scorpion Shenanigans:

"Nonsense, nonsense! There's always time for Go!" Makoto would call out, putting his bowl of almost-finished rice down to the side. He would quickly roll up his shugenja scrolls from the table, rolling them up and quickly, but still carefully, putting them away in their case.

"Come, sit down, rest a spell. I'm sure your Clanmates will take care of things for you for a bit." Makoto would wave Kojiro closer, as he began setting up the Go board a little TOO quickly for it to be healthy.

"You seem to be walking kind of funny. Here, I'll see to the wound for you while it's your turn, if you want." Makoto would then reach back with a foot, snagging his herbalism bag and sliding it next to himself. He was preparing Go with his right hand, and bandages for his left.

"He's all yours, Kojiro-san. I'm going to go sign up for Kemari now, so I'll most likely see you when I get back."

Kojiro! If you want to receive a Medicine [Wound Treatment] roll, give me a trio of Awareness/Games: Go rolls (beginning, middle, and end of the game)! Otherwise, some sort of social roll (most likely Etiquette) to extract yourself from the situation without honor loss!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox rolled 3 10-sided dice: 6, 2, 2 Total: 10 (3-30)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:10 pm
@Makoto no Go
Kojiro placed his stones carefully, taking the star points when he could and trying to construct a decent sized strong hold if Makoto would allow.

OOC:
Awareness Untrained (3k3)
Penalties: 3
Results: 10 (7)  
Plainsfox rolled 3 10-sided dice: 2, 4, 5 Total: 11 (3-30)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:16 pm
@Makoto no Go

Perhaps it would help if the last time he touched a go board he was playing go instead of "Chase the Goblin" with his cousin Kuriko.

OOC
Middle Roll
Awareness (Untrained) 3k3
Penalties: 3
Results: 11( cool  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Plainsfox rolled 3 10-sided dice: 4, 5, 5 Total: 14 (3-30)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:18 pm
@ Makoto No Go

...and for the inevitable end.

OOC:
Awareness (Untrained) 3k3
Wounds: 3
Results: 14 (11)  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:42 pm
Denbe froze, for a moment, stiffening, and turned to look curiously at a part slowly appearing in his tent. With a jolt, he saw the end of the wakizashi making an unannounced entry to his tent, and dropped the brush, reaching quickly for his katana, though he didn't draw it yet.

The sight of an eye, rather than someone cleaving it clean open and coming in seemed to both disquiet him, and relieve the jitters of the initial confrontation with the blade a bit.

"...who's there?" he put cautiously as he stood slowly, as if it weren't obvious enough that he saw the eye examining him.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:37 am
@ Scorpion Shenanigans:

"You're awfully silent, Kojiro-san. I don't know what you and Sozen-san were talking about out there, but if it upset you, I wouldn't let it bother you. Sozen-san is a bit single-minded in things sometimes, though not so much as myself or Kitsuki Wazuka. He has a drive to prove himself the greatest swordsman stronger than any I've ever seen. His luck has been abysmal, however, and he's been a bit shaky about the opportunity to prove himself tomorrow."

Roll #1, 18 - Makoto's beginning was ruthless as he started to secure sections of the board while managing to apply pressure to Kojiro's sections as well, threatening him if he expands.

Roll #2, 27 - Kojiro seemed to be unable to gain a foothold, as Makoto's black stones seemed to be consuming the board. The number of opportunities rapidly dwindled...

Roll #3, 26 - And Kojiro would get the sinking feeling that Makoto drew out the game as long as possible, seemingly giving Kojiro as much opportunity to play with even the slightest hope of victory. When it seemed guaranteed that defeat was impossible, Makoto cleanly and decisively put Kojiro out of his misery.

Winner: Tamori Makoto!

Meanwhile, as Kojiro had spent his turns thinking of possible moves, Makoto managed to clean and bandage the wound so subtly, Kojiro didn't even realize treatment was over. It seemed like Makoto was done too quick to be finished, but he never did get back to that leg. {Medicine roll with two raises of 40 vs TN 25. Kojiro regains 8 wounds.}  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:43 am
@ Hare Shenanigans:

The eye and fingers would disappear, and footsteps could be heard as they seemed to hurry away from the spot.

Suddenly, Kitsuki Wazuka BURST into the tent unannounced, with a shrill "DENBE-SAAAAAAAN!" She was brandishing no weapon, though it did seem like she was going to tackle him.

But she stopped as she was amidst his personal space, looking him right in the eyes. "What happened last night, Denbe-san! When I told Sozen and Makoto about what I remembered, Sozen said you were probably dead. When Makoto and I went to go hear the announcements, though, we saw you sign up with Benjiro-sama then hurry off! So what happened?! Why are we still alive?!"  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:41 pm
Rain Yupa
@ Scorpion Shenanigans:

"You're awfully silent, Kojiro-san. I don't know what you and Sozen-san were talking about out there, but if it upset you, I wouldn't let it bother you. Sozen-san is a bit single-minded in things sometimes, though not so much as myself or Kitsuki Wazuka. He has a drive to prove himself the greatest swordsman stronger than any I've ever seen. His luck has been abysmal, however, and he's been a bit shaky about the opportunity to prove himself tomorrow."

Roll #1, 18 - Makoto's beginning was ruthless as he started to secure sections of the board while managing to apply pressure to Kojiro's sections as well, threatening him if he expands.

Roll #2, 27 - Kojiro seemed to be unable to gain a foothold, as Makoto's black stones seemed to be consuming the board. The number of opportunities rapidly dwindled...

Roll #3, 26 - And Kojiro would get the sinking feeling that Makoto drew out the game as long as possible, seemingly giving Kojiro as much opportunity to play with even the slightest hope of victory. When it seemed guaranteed that defeat was impossible, Makoto cleanly and decisively put Kojiro out of his misery.

Winner: Tamori Makoto!

Meanwhile, as Kojiro had spent his turns thinking of possible moves, Makoto managed to clean and bandage the wound so subtly, Kojiro didn't even realize treatment was over. It seemed like Makoto was done too quick to be finished, but he never did get back to that leg. {Medicine roll with two raises of 40 vs TN 25. Kojiro regains 8 wounds.}

"I think I'll come by after the events of the day to spar with him if he likes. Two Kakita trained duelists are a daunting task in an iaijutsu tournament. Heh. Maybe we could make a non Crane refresher group. At any rate, thank you for your efforts and the game."

Kojiro would stand up and bow politely. He would then leave the tent and head back towards the Scorpion one.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:15 pm
Denbe's first thought was to rise and follow, and follow he almost did- when instead Wazuka burst into his tent, and rushed right up to him. Denbe froze, and very nearly dropped his katana. Taken aback for a moment, he sorted out what the Dragon had said and nodded, putting the sword into his belt.

"I can't be certain, Wazuka-san," Denbe said seriously, "But I suspect it's because we were wrong about Kan-san."

Okay, this was a little awkwardly close. Realizing it, Denbe would check for space, and offer her a spot to sit within the tent, if she was so inclined. He had no objections to making tea either, though he suspected she was not lingering so long.

"After he struck you, Kan-san cut me free and left. Even then he was polite," he finished, knowing he would not bring himself to lie about having some certainty about the monk's innocence... but he more than ever felt silly about the chase. After his more merciful treatment of the situation, he hoped Wazuka could let it go at that.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:28 pm
@ Scorpion Shenanigans:

With his leg bandaged up, Bayushi Kojiro returns to the Scorpion tent!

"Kojiro-san!" Maru would say, smiling brightly as the Bayushi entered. Hands folded across her lap, she seemed excited to see him. "You were gone nearly half an hour. I was starting to get worried you weren't coming back. But don't worry, everything is fine now. Tell me, what did you have in mind exactly for the Artisan competition, if anything?"  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:37 pm
@ Hare Shenanigans:

"Wrong? Wrong about what? The only thing that's different is that I know how he's really careful now! He covers his tracks well! Together, we can..."

And suddenly, after the invitation to settle in, Wazuka's skin began to redden, traveling up her chest and shoulders, up to her face, flushing her cheeks. "D-Denbe-san...!" A vein in her temple would thump, her teeth would grit, and her little hands would ball and quake furiously.

"IJUSTCAN'TACCEPTINVITATIONSINTOABOY'STENTLIKETHAT! WHATKINDOFGIRLDOYOUTAKEMEFOR?! ICAN'TBELIEVEYOUWOULDTHINKI'DDOSOMETHINGLIKELIKETHAT!!" she yelled loudly and without breath, before storming out of the Hare's tent in a huff.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:47 pm
@Scorpion Tent

"I needed to make sure that a few cuts I received yesterday were looked at." Kojiro sat down as well and pulled out his shakuhachi. "I had hoped that we could do a combined music/dance number on the founders of our families...but that fell through. I think I'll go conservative and offer something about Bayushi and Shosuro's relationship. Does that suit you?"  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 138 139 140 141 142 143 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games