Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Ravenclaw Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... 161 162 163 164 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:27 pm
User ImageUser Image

โœฒโ„ฑ๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป๐“ฝ๐“ฑ ๐“จ๐’†๐“ช๐“ป โ„›๐“ช๐“ฟ๐’†๐“ท๐“ฌ๐“ต๐“ช๐”€โœฒ
โœฒ๐“ข๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐’†โœฒ

Connor had quite enjoyed that Essie and Rich had come to talk to him. It was certainly better than him riding to the castle alone, though partly because it would have been exceptionally difficult to load both Sadie and himself onto a carriage, assuming he'd even have been able to find one. But instead of that, he'd gotten to ride with two classmates, and he was able to talk with them enough that he figured he could call them both his friends. Though, he decided he'd like to spend more time with both. Sadly, as they made it to the Great Hall, they had to split off to their own table. Connor walked over to his table, making sure to sit a bit away from where incoming First Years would gather. Carefully, he seated himself and unfastened Sadie's harness, tucking it into his shoulder bag as the dog lay down under the bench to nap. The fussy Ravenclaw adjusted his glasses and straightened his hair, before tapping his fingers in rhythmic fashion on the tabletop, mimicking typing on his brailler.

murruelecreuset

I'แด ษดแดแด› ๐“ช๐’‡๐“ป๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ญ แด๊œฐ ๐“ช๐“ท๐”‚๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ. I แดŠแดœsแด› ษดแด‡แด‡แด… แด›แด แด‹ษดแดแดก แด›สœแด€แด› ๐“ฒ ๐“ฌ๐“ช๐“ท ๐“ซ๐“ป๐’†๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐’†
I แด…แดษด'แด› ษดแด‡แด‡แด… แดแดœแด„สœ แด๊œฐ ๐“ช๐“ท๐”‚๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ... ส™แดœแด› sแดœแด…แด…แด‡ษดสŸส, ๐“ผ๐“พ๐“ญ๐“ญ๐’†๐“ท๐“ต๐”‚
I แด€แด ๐“ผ๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ต๐“ต แด€ษดแด… แด›สœแด‡ แดกแดส€สŸแด… ษชs ๐“ซ๐“ฒ๐“ฐ. AสŸสŸ แด€ส€แดแดœษดแด… แดแด‡ ษชs ๐’‡๐“ช๐“ผ๐“ฝ แดแดแด ษชษดษข
Sแดœส€ส€แดแดœษดแด…แด‡แด… ส™ส ๐“ผ๐“ธ ๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ท๐”‚ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ผ... ส™แดœแด› sแดœแด…แด…แด‡ษดสŸส, sแดœแด…แด…แด‡ษดสŸส
โ„‹๐“ธ๐”€ ๐“ญ๐“ธ๐’†๐“ผ ๐“ฒ๐“ฝ ๐’‡๐’†๐’†๐“ต, แด›แด ส™แด‡ แด…ษช๊œฐ๊œฐแด‡ส€แด‡ษดแด› ๊œฐส€แดแด แดแด‡?
Aส€แด‡ แดกแด‡ แด›สœแด‡ ๐“ผ๐“ช๐“ถ๐’†?
Hแดแดก แด…แดแด‡s ษชแด› ๊œฐแด‡แด‡สŸ, แด›แด ส™แด‡ ๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐’‡๐’‡๐’†๐“ป๐’†๐“ท๐“ฝ ๐’‡๐“ป๐“ธ๐“ถ ๐“ถ๐’†?
๐“๐“ป๐’† ๐”€๐’† ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐’† ๐“ผ๐“ช๐“ถ๐’†? โ„‹๐“ธ๐”€ ๐“ญ๐“ธ๐’†๐“ผ ๐“ฒ๐“ฝ ๐’‡๐’†๐’†๐“ต?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:03 pm
User Image
                                                I tried to be someone else
                                                But nothing seemed to change
                                                I know now, this is who I really am inside.

User Image
                                                โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•

Fแดแดœส€แด›สœ Yแด‡แด€ส€ || Rแด€แด แด‡ษดแด„สŸแด€แดก || Cสœแด€sแด‡ส€

Glynn blinked and noticed the pimple right in the middle of Gavin's nose before anything else. He tried to ignore it, but it was there, and staring him in the face. However, the comment about learning the family business caused his mind to stutter to a halt for a moment, and he shook his head to remind himself that no, he was not going to become lord of Austratt or anything else he had wanted Glynn to be. Besides, he doubted that Gavin meant it like that, since he was certain that Gavin had no clue that he'd been in any danger.

Tiernan sat down and offered her two cents, and Glynn felt his lip twitch into a smile as he imagined Tiernan studying snakes for a living. He could see her talking to every snake she met, but studying them, not quite. He then turned his attention to what Gavin said and shrugged.
                                                "My grandfather worked in the ministry before he retired, but I don't know what department he was in. I don't... I don't think I want to go into that though. Not sure about how hard real estate is though. I hadn't thought about it." Mentally he realized that he didn't even know what had happened to his grandparents' home. Had he dealt with the estate after their deaths, and what did he do with it? Glynn didn't have an answer, and he was now dead and Glynn couldn't ask him.

He was startled out of his thoughts when Tiernan made a comment, and Glynn blinked as he realized it was directed at him. He tried to recall if he'd heard what she'd said, and Glynn realized that he couldn't. Shaking his head, he looked toward Tiernan in confusion.
                                                "Um, what?" Well, that was articulate. If Glynn wanted to try to pretend that the last two years hadn't happened, then he'd be better served to actually pay attention to what was going on. Besides, he was fine. He was sure if he thought that often enough, it'd be a true statement.

Thinking: I'm just fine, nothing's wrong here.
                                                OOC:

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Finally found myself
                                                Fighting for a chance.
                                                I know now, this is who I really am.

Essy ze Ninja

The Forgotten Weasley

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:12 am
User Image
User Image

User Image

He smiled to both Glynn and Tiernan when she joined them. This was a nice change of pace, Gavin had to admit. He hadn't realized how lonely he spent most of his time here, always studying. It seemed better than the alternative though. His father wanted him to make connections, branch out; 'network' he calls it. His mum, meanwhile, was much more concerned with finding him a match now that, 1) his brother's engaged and hadn't botched it up so far, and 2) he's apparently old enough now to where matchmaking doesn't seem like a desperate attemptโ€”whatever that means. โ€Aaah, the ministry sounds bloody boring anyway.โ€ He waved that off quickly, deeming it unworthy of further notice. โ€Well hey, if you two ever need a job until you decide on what you wanna do, I can get you one.โ€ Okay, so maybe this networking thing isn't as bad as it sounds. At least, not on this side of the fence. Trying to find potential future clientsโ€”that sounded like a chore. โ€No...โ€ he agreed with Tiernan then said, โ€but you could always help make new anti-venoms, or something, I mean, that's pretty wicked right?โ€ He thought so, anyway. But all he could do was shrug. Besides, the Yaxley's were very traditional. Wouldn't be proper for a lady to have a career, would it? He was glad his own family didn't agree with that. His mum ran the brute of the business anyway, what with his da' being old, mental, and half senile. Still, it made him wonder if they would change their mind when Ophelia finally started Hogwarts. He laughed when Glynn blinked, confused. They sounded like... Huh. Were they dating? Gavin thought it was his turn to blink now. Merlin, he really had been studying under a rock the past two years, hadn't he?

โ•”โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•—
ใ€WHEN:: Fall 2036 ใ€‘
ใ€WHERE:: Great Hall ใ€‘
ใ€WITH WHO:: Glynn and Tiernan ใ€‘

โ•šโ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•

Diamond Wales

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:16 pm
It feels like I only go backwards, baby-
Every part of me says "go ahead".
I got my hopes up again, oh no, not again.
I know that you think, you sound,
Silly when you call my name...
But I hear it inside my head all day.
When I realize I'm just holding onto...
The hope that maybe your feelings don't show

User Image
๐“‰๐’พ๐‘’๐“‡๐“ƒ๐’ถ๐“ƒ
๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“‡๐“‡๐’พ๐‘’๐“‰
๐“Ž๐’ถ๐“๐“๐‘’๐“Ž

FOURTH YEAR โ”‚ PUREBLOOD โ”‚ RAVENCLAW

Tiernan rolled her eyes. "Ugh, the ministry." She giggled at Gavin's job offer. "No offense intended, but I don't think I'd be very good at selling houses, and maths is far from my best subject." Her comment to Glynn had completely gone over his head, of course, and she shook her head a little. "Oh, never mind, I'll remind you later if you forget." She didn't know all the details, and frankly doubted she ever would, unless Glynn had some sort of breakdown/heart-heart one day, but the least she could do was keep after him to take care of himself. No more of this waltzing into the maw of acromantulas nonsense. "Now there's an idea," the brunette said thoughtfully in response to Gavin, "But I've always enjoyed poisons more. I really would like to get a cobra or a python when I graduate, though. Emily and Byron could do with a sibling."

OOC:
Diamond Wales

Essy ze Ninja

The seed of all this indecision isn't me, oh no,
'Cause I decided long ago.
But that's the way it seems to go when trying.
So hard to get to something real,
It feels like I only go backwards, darling,
I got my hopes up again, oh no... not again.
Feels like we only go backwards, darlin'.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:06 pm
User Image
Third Year

Location : Great Hall - Ravenclaw Table

Minako had spent the train ride enjoying Alanaโ€™s company while reading over her elective books. Arithmancy was fascinating. After getting off the train they ran into Candace who had been with Kimberly. Apparently she was worried about Rory being a bad influence on their Slytherin sister. Though she wasnโ€™t sure about what was really going on, she was sure it wasnโ€™t something they needed to know about. Kimberly could handle herself. No need to be concerned about it.

Walking into the great hall she departed from her Hufflepuff sisters and headed for the Ravenclaw table. She knew her feline companion Neela was around here somewhere. However she found herself a seat next to an older housemate. โ€œHello, nice dog. Sheโ€™s a golden retriever right? Iโ€™m Minako by the way.โ€ She greeted him. Minako was just grateful that she didnโ€™t have to deal with a particular Gryffindor that had a hell of a way of biting oneโ€™s head off. That was probably the worst thing about last year that was for sure.

With : Other Ravenclaw... Connor

Attire : Ravenclaw Uniform

OOC : - - -

Miss GryffindorK

A creative thinker with plenty of opinions,
                                                  One who seeks perfection in all you do.
                                                  I know just what to do with you...
                                                  Ravenclaw!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:24 pm
User ImageUser Image

โœฒโ„ฑ๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป๐“ฝ๐“ฑ ๐“จ๐’†๐“ช๐“ป โ„›๐“ช๐“ฟ๐’†๐“ท๐“ฌ๐“ต๐“ช๐”€โœฒ
โœฒ๐“ข๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐’†โœฒ

Connor was sitting, listening to the alternating calls of names and houses. No way he'd ever remember them all. He heard people walk all around, but as far as he could tell, no one sat beside him. Oh well, he figured. He didn't particularly like most people, though it wasn't to say he disliked them either. He was very neutral on most people, unlike his twin, who was so terribly hot and cold on every such matter. Speaking of Colton, the younger twin assumed he'd need to find his brother at some point to apologize for avoiding him and Brianna on the train ride.

Just as he was debating walking to the Gryffindor table, someone sat beside him, calling his attention back to the table. It wasn't but a second before they -she- started speaking, and he subconsciously turned his head so his ear was a bit closer. She spoke about Sadie, and the dog in mention sat up, setting her face on her master's lap. Connor gently pet the dog, turning to face the girl. "Hello, Minako. My name is Connor, and this is Sadie. She is indeed a retriever, and she's also my assistive dog. I just took her vest off, though, so you are free to pet her, if you want." He nodded once, still gently patting the dog as his thoughts swirled about in his head.

murruelecreuset

I'แด ษดแดแด› ๐“ช๐’‡๐“ป๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ญ แด๊œฐ ๐“ช๐“ท๐”‚๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ. I แดŠแดœsแด› ษดแด‡แด‡แด… แด›แด แด‹ษดแดแดก แด›สœแด€แด› ๐“ฒ ๐“ฌ๐“ช๐“ท ๐“ซ๐“ป๐’†๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐’†
I แด…แดษด'แด› ษดแด‡แด‡แด… แดแดœแด„สœ แด๊œฐ ๐“ช๐“ท๐”‚๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ... ส™แดœแด› sแดœแด…แด…แด‡ษดสŸส, ๐“ผ๐“พ๐“ญ๐“ญ๐’†๐“ท๐“ต๐”‚
I แด€แด ๐“ผ๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ต๐“ต แด€ษดแด… แด›สœแด‡ แดกแดส€สŸแด… ษชs ๐“ซ๐“ฒ๐“ฐ. AสŸสŸ แด€ส€แดแดœษดแด… แดแด‡ ษชs ๐’‡๐“ช๐“ผ๐“ฝ แดแดแด ษชษดษข
Sแดœส€ส€แดแดœษดแด…แด‡แด… ส™ส ๐“ผ๐“ธ ๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ท๐”‚ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ผ... ส™แดœแด› sแดœแด…แด…แด‡ษดสŸส, sแดœแด…แด…แด‡ษดสŸส
โ„‹๐“ธ๐”€ ๐“ญ๐“ธ๐’†๐“ผ ๐“ฒ๐“ฝ ๐’‡๐’†๐’†๐“ต, แด›แด ส™แด‡ แด…ษช๊œฐ๊œฐแด‡ส€แด‡ษดแด› ๊œฐส€แดแด แดแด‡?
Aส€แด‡ แดกแด‡ แด›สœแด‡ ๐“ผ๐“ช๐“ถ๐’†?
Hแดแดก แด…แดแด‡s ษชแด› ๊œฐแด‡แด‡สŸ, แด›แด ส™แด‡ ๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐’‡๐’‡๐’†๐“ป๐’†๐“ท๐“ฝ ๐’‡๐“ป๐“ธ๐“ถ ๐“ถ๐’†?
๐“๐“ป๐’† ๐”€๐’† ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐’† ๐“ผ๐“ช๐“ถ๐’†? โ„‹๐“ธ๐”€ ๐“ญ๐“ธ๐’†๐“ผ ๐“ฒ๐“ฝ ๐’‡๐’†๐’†๐“ต?

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:48 am
User Image
                                                I tried to be someone else
                                                But nothing seemed to change
                                                I know now, this is who I really am inside.

User Image

Fแดแดœส€แด›สœ Yแด‡แด€ส€ || Rแด€แด แด‡ษดแด„สŸแด€แดก || Cสœแด€sแด‡ส€

Glynn nodded, appreciating the offer. Honestly he hadn't really thought about his future much beyond surviving to adulthood, but beyond that, he was lost. That Gavin had mentioned helping him find something while Glynn evaluated his life wasn't that bad of a deal. He definitely wanted to keep that in mind. "Actually that doesn't sound too bad. It gives me a chance to figure things out at least." And try and figure out who he was. Glynn wasn't stupid. He knew that he likely had a lot of issues, and maybe by the time he graduated he would have figured them out. That wasn't a guarantee though, and it was probably going to be a long time before he could say he was fine again.

He chewed his lip and nodded as Tiernan mentioned that she'd remind him. He was still confused about what she had said, but at least she didn't seem to be annoyed about him missing the question. He just ended up propping his chin up with his hand and throwing a heated gaze at his hair as it tried to fall into his eyes. Flicking it back behind his ear (he was now determined to cut it at the very least, maybe even going as far as shearing it all off) he listened as Tiernan and Gavin talked about poisons and antivenoms.
                                                "I thought snakes were venomous, not poisonous, unless I missed something. That wouldn't be hard." He glanced toward the Sorting, vaguely wondering how long it was going to be. It shouldn't be too much longer, right?

Thinking: I'm just fine, nothing's wrong here.
                                                OOC:

Finally found myself
                                                Fighting for a chance.
                                                I know now, this is who I really am.

Essy ze Ninja

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:43 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image

โ€Ah none taken, but hey, it's not all salesmanshipโ€”we have interior decorators and enchanters too.โ€ That was a whole different branch of skill sets, no maths necessary. Just need a creative eye and a NEWT in Charms. Jeez, just thinking about it made him bored. (And he had the rest of his adult life to look forward to it. Yippee.) But enough with the sales pitch or he'll start to sound pushy like his father. Turning to Glynn he said, โ€Always glad to help.โ€ It was the rumble of his stomach that made him turn back to the Sorting Feast. The crowd had thinned and only a few strangling first years were on the dias. Good, it shouldn't be much longer now.

โ€Yeah,โ€ he stopped to consider it, โ€And there is a lot more you can do with poisons.โ€ He added thoughtfully. He glanced back at Glynn, hella tempted to knock his arm out from under his chin, (unlike his brother though) he didn't. Just, thought really hard about it. โ€Jeez, mate, if you're gonna zone in and out like that you should get you a self-writing quill. She was just saying she would prefer to work with poisons, I only suggested anti-venom 'cos that's what most snakes are, well, venomous, that is. They're not anti-veNOM.โ€ And it cracked. Of course it did. A hot lamp beamed down on his face, wide eyed and '******** me.' But he tried to carry on, especially since nothing was going to stop the red burn on his cheeks. โ€So... yeaah...โ€ Smooth, real smooth.

โ•”โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•—
ใ€WHEN:: Fall 2036 ใ€‘
ใ€WHERE:: Great Hall ใ€‘
ใ€WITH WHO:: Glynn and Tiernan ใ€‘

โ•šโ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•

Diamond Wales

The Forgotten Weasley

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:37 pm
User Image
Third Year

Location : Great Hall - Ravenclaw Table

Minako smiled down at the dog. She was definitely a golden retriever. It was only confirmed by Connor when he spoke. The Ravenclaw found it interesting that Sadie was an assistive dog. How many wizards had those? She bet it wasnโ€™t many. โ€œNice to meet you Connor, and you too Sadie.โ€ She said before taking Connor up on his offer. โ€œAssistive dog uh, you must have had a pretty busy day today.โ€ She spoke to the dog while giving her a few gentle pets.

โ€œYouโ€™re lucky to have such a hardworking friend.โ€ Minako commented to him. โ€œI have a cat named Neela, but she kind of leaves me out to dry.โ€ She told him. โ€œNot that I donโ€™t love her. Sheโ€™s a great companion either way.โ€ She added. The feline usually showed up around bedtime. โ€œSo, youโ€™re a fourth year, right? Got any advice for someone taking electives this year?โ€ She asked him curiously. Minako was borderline excessive on her electives. The year hadn't even started yet.

With : Other Ravenclaw... Connor

Attire : Ravenclaw Uniform

OOC : - - -

Miss GryffindorK

A creative thinker with plenty of opinions,
                                                  One who seeks perfection in all you do.
                                                  I know just what to do with you...
                                                  Ravenclaw!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:31 pm
User Image
                                                I used to roll the dice
                                                Feel the fear in my enemy's eyes
                                                Listened as the crowd would sing
                                                Now the old king is dead long live the king

User Image
                                                Gส€สา“า“ษชษดแด…แดส€ || Hแด‡แด€แด…แดแด€sแด›แด‡ส€ || Pแดœส€แด‡ส™สŸแดแดแด…

Timothy had been watching the sorting quietly, noting where people went. However, when the stool was placed away, he stood patiently and walked over to the podium. He looked over the crowd of assembled students, ready to welcome them to the new school year. "Hello everyone, and welcome back for a new school year. For those that are just now beginning their education at Hogwarts, I would like to extend a welcome and hope they are diligent in their studies. However, before we begin the feast and forget what needs to be stated, I must make the usual school announcements. There is to be no magic used in between classes in the halls, and the Forbidden Forest is still quite forbidden to anyone that doesn't wish to die young. The other school rules are posted for people to peruse at their leisure, but considering these are the most frequent violations, I must bring them up here. Now, let us sit back, tuck in, and enjoy the feast before the evening ends." Timothy took a seat, ready himself to eat.

Thinking: New year, new faces.
                                                OOC:

One minute I held the key
                                                Next the walls were closed on me
                                                And I discovered that my castles stand
                                                Upon pillars of salt and pillars of sand

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:35 am
Itโ€™s getting late, and I
Cannot seem to find my way home tonight
Feels like I am falling down a rabbit hole
Falling for forever, wonderfully wandering alone
What would my head be like
If not for my shoulders
User Image
User Image

๐”ฝ๐• ๐•ฆ๐•ฃ๐•ฅ๐•™ ๐•๐•–๐•’๐•ฃ โ„๐•’๐•ง๐•–๐•Ÿ๐•”๐•๐•’๐•จ โœฆ โ„‚๐•š๐•Ÿ๐•–๐•ž๐•’ ๐”ผ๐•Ÿ๐•ฅ๐•™๐•ฆ๐•ค๐•š๐•’๐•ค๐•ฅ โœฆ ๐•‹๐•–๐•Ÿ๐• ๐•ฃ

Alby found a seat at the surprisingly semi-crowded table for lunch luckily by Tiernan whom he smiled at in greeting. Unfortunately the moment he chose to sit down his nephew decided to pop up out of nowhere, perhaps the very depths of hell, to squeeze himself right in between him and the Ravenclaw girl with a smug look on his face. After telling their family that he'd basically abandoned the first year to run amok with hooligans and Hufflepuffs (oh and singing, we can never forget that worthless pastime he still invested in), he had been written a scathing letter of disapproval from both his mother and his eldest brother to make time for the boy and to always sit with him or near him at every available meal. So in defiance he had taken to either eating very very early in the morning or waiting for the last possible minute to eat dinner without being out after curfew. It only worked somewhat since he was hurting himself more than the first year since, of course, he would be receiving packages of goodies from home to tide him over while Alby had to make due with sweets her purchased from Hogsmeade or whatever he could get from the House Elves without feeling guilty.

Mentally he ticked off the remaining hours, minutes, and seconds until they were all on the train home where he could safely avoid his bratty relative for at least two weeks before having to return back to the castle. Hopefully the boy would be thinking the same thing and would grant them a sort of parlay and leave him be for once. But then again, you'd need a remnant of a soul to think something like that. "So Alby, excited about going home for Yule?" Adam asked conversationally, or he would've thought it was if not for the gleam in the brat's eyes. The older boy merely shrugged not wanting to answer since he knew where this line of questioning was going. Or so he thought.

"Really?! Well, I find that a bit odd that you're not excited about being invited to see Father's newest acquisition in Prague. According to Grandmother it's truly a gem, and is in an especially beautiful location for this winter season. You must've gotten the letter detailing it all, right?" his cheshire grin would make the original's pale in comparison while Alby gripped the silverware tightly in his grasp as he poke at his at food. His nephew knew his parents rarely wrote to him about anything that wasn't earth-shattering; he'd had to learn about his middle brother's potion accident from the man himself during the summer since, as their mother put it, "it was his own damn fault so why condole it?" So of course he didn't hear about his eldest brother's apparent new vacation home (or maybe it was business home he really never knew the difference) or about the apparently family invite. He wondered if Marcas and Colleen had gotten invites. Probably since the only misdeeds they had done was choose a career field their parent's disapproved of and not knock up Colleen within a year of marriage. If he did then it doubly stung that the man hadn't saw fit to at least alert his youngest brother beforehand like he sometimes tried to do. Maybe they weren't going or perhaps they were busy was what he tried to console himself with and attempted eating to not see the satisfied smirk blooming across an eleven year old's face.

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Or without your smile
May it follow you forever
May it never leave you
To sleep in the stone,
May we stay lost on our way home

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:56 am

User Image
๐“Ž๐’ถ๐“๐“๐‘’๐“Ž

Tiernan paused in arranging her napkin on her lap when Alby's sniveling little nephew wormed his way between the two of them. Adam Callaghan was so laughably non-threatening that watching him attempt to bully his uncle was akin to watching a mewling kitten take swipes at the family mastiff, but then again, Alby never exactly outright snapped back at him, either, likely because he knew the younger boy would go running to his mother, as children were wont to do. "Adam, really now, I know your mother taught you to say 'excuse me' when in the presence of a young lady," she said wryly, not deigning to even look at the brat. "I know expectations must be lowered for you, given your... intellectual shortcomings, but that's no excuse. How do you ever expect to sweep some, most likely physically deformed and perhaps not quite on the tail end of average IQ, girl off her feet?"

He proceeded to prod at Alby about not knowing about some new vacation home. Honestly, if that was his starting blow, she didn't have high hopes for the rest of this debacle. Watching the eleven year old try to pick a fight was typically at best cringe-inducing, and at worst, just sort of sad in a lonely way. Did he spend all his free time wondering how next to needle his uncle? Had he ever managed to make any friends? Probably not, she acknowledged, seeing as he wasn't exactly the sharpest quill in the writing cabinet drawer, and they were in a house that prided itself on, if not being wise, at least being able to carry on a conversation without the other person wanting to kill themselves. "It really is unfortunate," she continued on, still not looking at the younger boy, or Alby, as though she were talking to herself, "That Alby won't be able to see this precious gem in the Prague property market- how are the housing prices there, Adam? Still plummeting? Oh, silly me, of course you wouldn't know, being only a child. And maths was never your best subject to begin with, was it? Is that why I saw your name on the sign-up sheet for Transfiguration tutoring in the Common Room?" Tiernan asked sweetly, with a knowing nod to the rest of the table, several of whom appeared to be unabashedly listening in.

"Anyhow, Alby will be visiting my family at least once over the holiday break. Mother and Father Yaxley are just dying to meet him, and I want to show him the latest addition to the gardens. It's enchanted to bloom all winter," she was cutting her meat into very, very small pieces, before she finally did look at Adam, putting down her knife and fork and very slowly taking a sip of her pumpkin juice. She put the cup down. "But I'm sure you'll have a grand old time in Prague with the darling family- aren't you the eldest grandchild, Adam? Why, you must do quite a bit of child-minding. How sweet. I'm sure you're a riot with the little ones, being so.... similar, up here," Tiernan tapped her forehead gently, with a polite smile.

OOC:
Yukina101

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:19 pm
Itโ€™s getting late, and I
Cannot seem to find my way home tonight
Feels like I am falling down a rabbit hole
Falling for forever, wonderfully wandering alone
What would my head be like
If not for my shoulders
User Image
User Image

๐”ฝ๐• ๐•ฆ๐•ฃ๐•ฅ๐•™ ๐•๐•–๐•’๐•ฃ โ„๐•’๐•ง๐•–๐•Ÿ๐•”๐•๐•’๐•จ โœฆ โ„‚๐•š๐•Ÿ๐•–๐•ž๐•’ ๐”ผ๐•Ÿ๐•ฅ๐•™๐•ฆ๐•ค๐•š๐•’๐•ค๐•ฅ โœฆ ๐•‹๐•–๐•Ÿ๐• ๐•ฃ

Alby snorted into his pumpkin juice getting some caught in his nasal cavities but that didn't kill the vicious amusement he got from Tiernan's sharp retort towards his nephew or the angry flush rising up his collar and around his ears. Well lunch was about to get infinitely more enjoyable. It only got better, or worse depending on which Callaghan you asked, as she continued to drag his nephew through the proverbial mud mentioning the plummeting housing market in Prague and his lackluster dealings with math and especially Transfiguration regarding his signup for tutoring. The first year could only gape and try to make his mouth form words to snap back at the older girl but she was apparently on a roll. He tried not to show his surprise at hearing that he was invited to the Yaxley home, since it was the first he had heard of such a thing, and also tried to slip into a daydream of him and Tiernan walking hand in hand in said enchanted garden with her in her cloak, gloves, and parasol that he had made for her, maybe a few kisses here or there...

"Shut. Up!"

Alby was brought back from his daydreaming by Adam's angry hissing towards the teen girl his whole countenance shaking with rage or embarrassment, or both. "You know nothing you stupid cow! Just because you're a 'Yaxley' doesn't mean anything anymore, your family's barely above the Nott's if that's saying anything! Especially since your parents must have been absolutely thrilled with you being in Ravenclaw while your sisters and brothers continued the tradition in Slytherin. I wonder if they're even trying to find you a husband or if they're just going to wait and see if anyone even wants you. And who would? You're just an ugly, pretentious skank who has a better chance finding love with your stupid snakes than you do with an actual human being!"

Alby had officially heard enough. He reluctantly released his cutlery and stood suddenly from his seat startling some of those around them who had unabashedly been listening in and grabbed the back of his nephew's collar before lifting and dragging him out onto the hard floor. The boy was about to say something but seeing the quiet fury written all over his uncle's face he, for once, wisely chose to stay silent.

"I have never been more embarrassed and insulted that I shared blood with someone than I do right now. You will apologize to Tiernan right here and now or-"

"Or what?! It's not like you're going to do anything! You're too stupid and spineless and a complete waste of-!" For the first time in Alby's life, he acted without thinking. He didn't even blink as he raised his fist and punched Adam in the center of his face before then grabbing his hair and forcing him onto his knees in front of Tiernan making sure his forehead touched the dirtied floor.

"For once in your goddamn life just listen before you open your moronic worthless mouth!" He never considered himself a violent person but that punch had felt way too good to be normal.

"As I was saying before, you will apologize, you will be sincere with that apology, and as custom says you will send her a gift for the disgusting libel you just spilled from your idiotic lips. There's no 'what if's' or bargaining. You will do this and you will do this right. Now." the teen boy told him calmly with his rage still coloring his words. He heard some thing that the boy was saying being muffled by the floor and tugged on his hair to bring his face up some so his words would be clear and didn't even feel guilty at the small trickle of blood coming from one of his nostrils. "I don't think we caught that, do you mind repeating it for us to hear?" he asked patronizingly not flinching from the childish glare sent his way.

"I'b sorry for de worbs dat I saib and for my behabior towards you." he gritted out either from the pain his scalp or from his nose, perhaps both.

"Well it isn't the best apology but we'll excuse this with the lovely gift you'll be sure to send her. Something classical but also something durable for day to day wear. Preferably something with a snake on it." Alby added with a jeering smirk of his own. Keeping a hand firmly in the boy's locks and his other going to grab the back of his robes, he hoisted his nephew off the floor and began walking him towards the exit. He was nearly there when he thought of something and pushed the boy out into the hall with a stern word to stay where he was before hastily making his way back over to the table, mainly Tiernan.

"This isn't the way I would've chosen to do this but really if I had waited any longer we probably would be graduating. I like you, Tiernan Yaxley, very, very much and I would be honored to join your family for a day during the holidays. And I would be doubly honored if you would join me for a date once we return to the castle. I'll...I'll see you later." he finished rather lamely and before his boldness could fade, he leaned forward to press a quick kiss on Tiernan's cheek then made an about face walking-not sprinting-back to the hallway to drag his nephew towards the Hospital Wing. Maybe he could talk her into only healing the surface but leaving the pain. It'd be a great lesson for the idiot.

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Or without your smile
May it follow you forever
May it never leave you
To sleep in the stone,
May we stay lost on our way home

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:33 pm

User Image
๐“Ž๐’ถ๐“๐“๐‘’๐“Ž

Tiernan supposed that perhaps she had been a tad harsh. Like it or not, Adam was still a little boy, and perhaps she had been a bit more... vicious... than the situation really warranted. But honestly, she often ate meals with Alby and/or Glynn or Gavin, so listening to Adam ramble on was a daily chore, unless she ate very quickly, which she didn't like doing. If she hadn't proverbially knocked him down a peg or two in public, someone else would have, and they might have used their wand. He should be grateful she'd kept her barbs verbal. And she wasn't going to deny to herself that seeing the ill-mannered younger boy silent and clearly outraged/mortified for once was satisfying. However, after a few moments Adam finally exploded, and Tiernan settled in to hear his pathetic attempt at lashing back at her.

He began by telling her to shut up, and calling her a stupid cow. In her fourteen years of life, Tiernan had observed that a certain population of men, when feeling insulted, threatened, or in any way shamed, particularly by a women, usually tended to respond by telling said women to shut up, and throwing in some sort of derogatory slur for good measure. Tiernan was not terribly bothered by this, as she knew very well that she was neither fat nor stupid, and so the label of 'cow' was more ridiculous than anything else, but she was a bit offended. Was this really the best he could come up with? He followed that up with insulting her family name and her house. Tiernan took some pride in being a Yaxley, but she took more pride in being Tiernan Yaxley, given that she rarely agreed with her parents or aunts and uncles. She wasn't ashamed of her sorting, and she didn't believe that it made her inherently worthless, or that 'no one would ever want to marry her'. She was a person with a mind of her own, not a bargaining chip to be passed around by some withered old men. Besides, he was wrong, Alby wanted her, and she knew it.

He finished by declaring her an 'ugly, pretentious skank'. Tiernan clearly wasn't ugly- she came from a family of good-looking women- and pretentious? Maybe, but there was nothing wrong with that. A skank? She was far from that trashy, even if there might be some incest further up the family tree. However, insulting her snakes? That was one step too far. With a quiet huff of distaste, she drew herself up, prepared to unleash a verbal onslaught of (thanks to Essie, perhaps) biblical proportions. But to her shock, Alby responded first, bodily dragging his nephew out of his seat and onto the floor. Tiernan said nothing, eyes wide, as her friend went on in a cold tone she'd never heard her out of his mouth before. Adam sniped back, as expected, and Tiernan gasped, but did not flinch, when Alby, without a moment's hesitation- and she had always known him as hesitant- punched him in the face, grabbed him by the hair, like one might an animal, and forced him down on his knees in front of her. And he swore. Tiernan swiveled slightly in her seat, looking as if she had first row tickets at the circus.

Adam, bleeding a little, mumbled an apology in her direction. Tiernan inclined her head graciously, although she seemed to be barely restraining a look of utter glee, and watched Alby march the younger boy out of the Great Hall, the Ravenclaw table, or at least their section of it, now considerably quieter. To her further shock- did wonders never cease?- Alby turned on his heel, after releasing Adam, and made his way back over to her. Tiernan stood up as if receiving a returning knight from battle, accepted the kiss on the cheek, and although she very much wanted to kiss him back, and perhaps not on the cheek, simply squeezed his hand, with a serene, "I'd like that very much," watched him go, and sat back down, smoothing the skirt of her uniform. "Well," she said crisply, "Wasn't that lovely?", and returned to her meal, humming a little to herself.

OOC:
Yukina101

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:14 pm
User Image
                                                I used to roll the dice
                                                Feel the fear in my enemy's eyes
                                                Listened as the crowd would sing
                                                Now the old king is dead long live the king

User Image
                                                Gส€สา“า“ษชษดแด…แดส€ || Hแด‡แด€แด…แดแด€sแด›แด‡ส€ || Pแดœส€แด‡ส™สŸแดแดแด…

Timothy had been sitting quietly at the staff table for a while. However, it looked as though it was about time for him to stand and make his usual announcement. The school year had gone smoothly, with the usual hiccups regarding arguing in classes and the like. However, he was hoping that this year, there wouldn't be any sudden surprises waiting for the departing students. Standing, he walked over to the podium and cleared his throat.

"Well now, we find ourselves at the end of another year. For those who just joined us, congratulations for making it through your first year, and for those now leaving, we wish you the best in any endeavors you may pursue in the future. As such, the standings of the cup should be announced." He looked over the tables before looking back to the students. "The house cup standings are thus. In fourth place, with 90 points, is Ravenclaw. Third place, with a total of 165 points, goes to Gryffindor. Second place, with a total of 195 points, goes to Hufflepuff. And finally, in first place with a total of 415 points as well as the Quidditch Cup, goes to Slytherin! Congratulations on your wins. Now, let us tuck in, enjoy the evening, and prepare for your trips back home for the summer."

Thinking: Another year's gone...
                                                OOC:

One minute I held the key
                                                Next the walls were closed on me
                                                And I discovered that my castles stand
                                                Upon pillars of salt and pillars of sand

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... 161 162 163 164 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games