Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
Ideas, Questions, Suggestions? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... 156 157 158 159 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:46 pm
SOUM. This came up in a conversation in the Wonderland chat and I wanted to see if it would be an okay thing to quest!

I understand that there are instances of a character starting out as a hunter in the shop and through circumstances, becoming undead/a ghost + weapon parts.

My question is, could we quest/create a character who starts out as undead/a ghost, but used to be a hunter? Understanding that they wouldn't know that they used to be a hunter ICly, but it could be part of their history.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:29 am
Strawberri Stardust
SOUM. This came up in a conversation in the Wonderland chat and I wanted to see if it would be an okay thing to quest!

I understand that there are instances of a character starting out as a hunter in the shop and through circumstances, becoming undead/a ghost + weapon parts.

My question is, could we quest/create a character who starts out as undead/a ghost, but used to be a hunter? Understanding that they wouldn't know that they used to be a hunter ICly, but it could be part of their history.

to clarify jic ~ the "weapon parts" are more personality and very slightly physical (still human, not really hybrid like a tiher -> ghost/undead would be)

~ the answer to your question isn't so much a flat "no" but more of a "please have a very good and convincing reason why you want the student to have originally been a hunter+weapon that died and came back." Like there's a certain novelty to it as a player, but there's really nothing you'll be able to use when you play them. History is locked off, there was no chance to build character connections, and appearance wise it fairly boring when compared to students that spawned from more regular means.

Basically if it was allowed it'd be more restrictive with very little to gain from it D:  

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

The Moshmonster

Timid Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:58 pm
Two questions!

One:
Can you change an existing character's biological gender?
i.e. I have Eachann, my Kelpie. He's listed as male and I was wondering if I would need to do something special besides list it in his bio that he is FtM? Or is changing genders like that not allowed?

and 2:
Could someone have a Gednerfluid character with the natural ability where their body shifts to reflect their gender? i.e. if they're feeling more 'male' they'll take on more masculine qualities, 'female' more feminine qualities etc?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:38 am
The Moshmonster
Two questions!

One:
Can you change an existing character's biological gender?
i.e. I have Eachann, my Kelpie. He's listed as male and I was wondering if I would need to do something special besides list it in his bio that he is FtM? Or is changing genders like that not allowed?

and 2:
Could someone have a Gednerfluid character with the natural ability where their body shifts to reflect their gender? i.e. if they're feeling more 'male' they'll take on more masculine qualities, 'female' more feminine qualities etc?

1) FtM is allowed definitely, Halloween is much like the human world in this sense, though the measures and means are much more ~ magic-ish, just list it in the bio and of course be thoughtful and considerate in how you represent it

2) natural abilities should be relevant to the species as a whole and their lore, so such an ability can exist, but it is species dependant  

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

LuckyCat777

Magical Girl

15,375 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:18 pm
Can you still claim The House Cup as a promotion exam?

Ty, in advance~  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:16 am
LuckyCat777
Can you still claim The House Cup as a promotion exam?

Ty, in advance~

As long as they fill the requirements (participated in each competition) yes!  

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

LMcD

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:31 pm
I need some freelling help over here.
I understand dou of twa of what you nuggets are yapin bout, an dats even more confusin!
Can someone please just shoot it to me stra? Jut show me wat I need to flappin do, an ow to do it, an ill be sleck.
And a dict on your cab, can't understand wat said starling freelling check out eople yammer bout!  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:18 pm
LMcD
I need some freelling help over here.
I understand dou of twa of what you nuggets are yapin bout, an dats even more confusin!
Can someone please just shoot it to me stra? Jut show me wat I need to flappin do, an ow to do it, an ill be sleck.
And a dict on your cab, can't understand wat said starling freelling check out eople yammer bout!

I suggest checking out the shop's main thread here! it explains about the world, shop rules, and how to get a character.

If you decide you want to quest for a character, check out this thread first for links to the guide and forms!  

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

ArtificialJellyfish

Feral Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:39 am
Regarding ghosts and demons sub-species, I've always thought the Ao-Andon classified as a type of ghost, but I've only seen it listed in the demon sub-species category.

My question is, are we allowed to create a Ghost character under the Ao-Andon subspecies? Or can it only be a Demon?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:08 pm
Peter D Hook
Regarding ghosts and demons sub-species, I've always thought the Ao-Andon classified as a type of ghost, but I've only seen it listed in the demon sub-species category.

My question is, are we allowed to create a Ghost character under the Ao-Andon subspecies? Or can it only be a Demon?

You certainly may! For instance there are two types of Hell Hounds running about: one as a demon, other as a monster. You'll just need to keep in mind that if you create a ghost Ao-Andon then they won't be able to use the Demon racial bonuses; they'll have to stick to what Ghosts get. c:  

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100

ArtificialJellyfish

Feral Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:26 pm
Marushii
Peter D Hook

You certainly may! For instance there are two types of Hell Hounds running about: one as a demon, other as a monster. You'll just need to keep in mind that if you create a ghost Ao-Andon then they won't be able to use the Demon racial bonuses; they'll have to stick to what Ghosts get. c:

Okay, thank you! c: The Ao-Andon gets to keep their Natural Ability, correct?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:30 pm
Peter D Hook
Marushii
Peter D Hook

Okay, thank you! c: The Ao-Andon gets to keep their Natural Ability, correct?

Ummm hang on let's grab some context!
Quote:

Suspense: Whever an Ao-Andon goes, there is a looming feel of 'suspense' that follows. Even when they aren't telling a story, you 'expect' something to happen to you. It's a natural ability that puts people on edge constantly. With enough time, you could technically die of a heart attack around an Ao-andon.

Since this natural ability makes sense for the species, then yes they can. You can also tweak it to be something different such as the ability to sense when someone is telling a creepy story or somesuch.  

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100

ArtificialJellyfish

Feral Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:22 pm
I have another question about mixed breeds. I know that crossing to species together isn't really acceptable, but is it acceptable for two sub-species of the same main species be mixed?

Example: An Inugami and a Flame demon mixed breed. Both are considered Demons, but are two different subspecies. Would a character be allowed to be both of these?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:06 am
Peter D Hook
I have another question about mixed breeds. I know that crossing to species together isn't really acceptable, but is it acceptable for two sub-species of the same main species be mixed?

Example: An Inugami and a Flame demon mixed breed. Both are considered Demons, but are two different subspecies. Would a character be allowed to be both of these?

Naw ~ they can have a kid together but it ends up one or the other  

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

LMcD

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:47 pm
Ok, one more Q:
how do I "Quest For A Character?"
Is it like a little mini rp thing or something?  
THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... 156 157 158 159 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games