Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:05 pm
Dear Kitsu Kyumi,

I need your help. There have been allegations made against me - severe, biased accusations - that stand to ruin me and strip me of my honor.

My accuser, Isawa Sosuke, believes that I have attempted to force myself upon his sister Toyoko last night against her will. Due to the severity of these charges, the magistrates have informed me that that I am to remain bound to my own tent, until the time where the tournament has ended - then, formal charges will finally be brought up against me, and I will be tried accordingly.

However, what really happened last night was a case of mistaken intentions. Isawa Toyoko herself has not pressed charges, for our attempt at personal privacy was completely consensual. Sosuke has ceased listening to reason, ignoring both the pleas of myself, and Toyoko.

You are Toyoko's dearest friend at this tournament, and she has always spoken highly of you. Since I am not allowed to leave this tent, I would be greatly indebted to you if you came to my tent, so that the two of us can figure out a way to prove my innocence. If you choose not to believe me, that is your prerogative. However, if you could at least bring my side of the story to the magistrates, I would be most appreciative.

My fate lies within your hands, Kitsu Kyumi.

-Doji Koan

Psychofish rolled 7 10-sided dice: 8, 2, 10, 10, 9, 3, 6 Total: 48 (7-70)
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:53 am
Earlier, as Denbe had stammered after Sozen about how they were both mistaking his intentions, feeling quite thoroughly confused, humiliated, and frustrated, Denbe had let a part of himself wish he had gone to enjoy Kuni Raicho's company and drink. He had already signed himself up for this, however, so he would go through with it and do his best to honor his clan. He just prayed he would be able to forget about this past night and morning's embarrassments.

This, however, was not the case.

The fortunes laugh at me. Truly. There is nothing I could have done to offend them this much, so surely it must be that they make jest of me.

There were three people Denbe had a desire to not be in the company of at the moment. Not one, or two, but all three of them were here with him. He felt practically shamed, and resentful of that fact, and couldn't decide if he'd rather sit on a team with, or against any given one. Fortunately Benjiro-sama took care of that for him. Denbe caught the ball, carefully cradling it between his foot and shin while he listened to the rules.

"Thank you," the Hare answered the wishes of luck- he could use all of it he could get- with a bow of the head, and then flipped the ball upwards of his foot. He didn't give himself time to think about who to kick to, as that would only frustrate him, and instead glanced to where the other team was before springing into motion.

[D4 says: 1, Kuni Kaori]

Rather than hold his hands behind his back the Hare stretched them out, Denbe leapt into the air, as if after the ball- but clearly he wasn't as it came down and he kicked practically suspended upside down in air, before landing on his hands and smoothly transitioning to upright on his feet yet again.

The ball seemed less elegantly than violently fast, blurring toward the poor, poor Crab shugenja.

[3 Raises]
[7k4 Agility/Athletics(Kemari): 52 vs TN 20]

((Assuming we can pick our targets here, if not, then just disregard that part.))  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Psychofish rolled 2 10-sided dice: 2, 10 Total: 12 (2-20)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:56 am
[Haresplosion: 12, 20]  
Psychofish rolled 1 10-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-10)
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:03 am
[Kick of the Kami: 23]  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:25 am
@ Kemari Competition:

Current TN: 13

"G'ah!" the shugenja cried out, not expecting Denbe's kick to be sent in her direction! She managed to kick it and nearly fall over, but it did send it towards the monk. {Untrained Athletics of 18, TN+4}

Current TN: 17

Kan would manage to knee it up in the air, smiling as it was sent to Makoto. {Untrained Athletics of 18, TN+3}

Current TN: 20

Tamori Makoto would made a sliding attempt at kicking the ball, spending a void point for a rank in Athletics. He manages to send it spiraling towards Wazuka, on the other team! {1 void spent, result of 25, TN+3}

Current TN: 23

Kitsuki Wazuka would dive for the ball in an attempt to get it, and succeeded where Kaori and Makoto had failed - she fell face first into the dirt in her attempt. {Roll of 16, Failure!}

TEAM 2 LOSES A POINT

"Ooooo! Makoto-san! I wasn't ready!" she barked at him as she scrambled to her feet, red from embarassment.

"There's no excuse for not being ready in Kemari, Wazuka-chan! I thought you would have been trained better than that!" Makoto would say, laughing. Crossing her arms over her chest, she would blow one of her bangs out of her eyes and hmph, before going to get the ball for the next round.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:41 am
@ Kemari Competition:

Kitsuki Wazuka would start this round off, grabbing the ball and lightly punting it to the other team - to Isawa Sosuke! {Untrained Athletics of 14, TN+1}

Current TN: 6

Sosuke would silently and straightfaced return the kick to the other team, to the Scorpion. {Untrained Athletics of 18, TN+3}

Current TN: 9

Shosuro Naizen would try an actually rather skilled kick, lobbing the ball upwards safely towards his teammate, Sozen. {1 Raise, 17 vs 9+5. TN lowered by 2.}

Current TN: 7

Mirumoto Sozen would grin as he would bounce it off his head, sending the ball heading directly towards Ujina Denbe! {3 raises, 34 vs TN 7+15, TN+7!}

Current TN: 14

Ujina Denbe, go!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Psychofish rolled 7 10-sided dice: 9, 6, 3, 7, 9, 3, 9 Total: 46 (7-70)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:08 am
As Denbe suspected, Sozen seemed to be his most keen competition- as the Dragon had often seemed to be standing to challenge Denbe in whatever field he chose. Letting himself crack a small smile in the pleasure of that, even if the awkwardness of the present company was not forgotten, Denbe moved to receive the ball.

Spinning, he raised his leg high and with his extra bit of distance back, after the head ball could fall a touch lower, Denbe swatted the ball with his foot, not so much forcefully kicking it this time as spinning it to hurtle off in Wazuka's direction instead.

[Two raises]
[7k4 Agility/Athletics: 34 vs TN 14+10]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:19 am
@ Kemari Competition:

Current TN: 21

Wazuka would suddenly get red-faced as she realized what was about to happen. She would dive to get the ball, once again missing it, as she slid across the dirt! {9 vs TN 21, Failure!}

TEAM 2 LOSES A POINT!

She scrambled to her feet again this time, clearly flustered. "MAKOTO-SAN! DENBE-SAN! WHY ARE YOU PICKING ON ME?!?!" She seemed genuinely infuriated, as she went to go pick up the ball once more.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:25 am
@ Kemari Competition:

Current TN: 5

Wazuka would growl as she dropped the ball and pretty much punted it directly at Tamori Makoto! {Void spent on free raise, 15 vs TN 5, TN increased by 4!}

Current TN: 9

Makoto would chuckle as he bounced the ball off his chest, kneeing it upward and away from him, and towards the monk. {10 vs TN 9, TN+3}

Current TN: 12

Kan would not move from his position, lightly kicking it with a flick of his foot, sending the ball towards the Crab shugenja! {17 vs TN 12, TN+1}

Current TN: 13

Kaori would move and swing her foot around like it was a club, sending the ball skyward, towards the Phoenix! {19 vs TN 13, TN+5}

Current TN: 18

Sosuke managed to get to the ball, but in desperation, sent it towards Denbe rather than someone from the opposite team! {22 vs TN 18, TN+5}

Current TN: 23

Ujina Denbe, go!  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:29 am
@ Scorpion Training Montage:

Soshi Maru would listen to the tunes which Kojiro were familiar with, and would soon begin to explore the rhythms she could dance to!

{Perform: Dance result of 4, 6, 7, 17 = 17, averaged with Kojiro's result = 18!}

Does Kojiro want to practice more?  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox rolled 6 10-sided dice: 1, 5, 9, 6, 1, 1 Total: 23 (6-60)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:32 am
@Scorpion Training Montage

Kojiro took a short breather before continuing on. "From the top!"

Practice attempt #2
Awareness/Perform:Music (4k3+2 dice to handle explosions)
Previous Results: 18
Current Results: 20  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:37 am
@ Scorpion Training Montage:

Soshi Maru would dance to the tweaked rhythm, attempting to find the perfect rhythm to match her bushi's song!

{Perform: Dance result of 2, 3, 4, 7 = 14, averaged with Kojiro's result = 17!}

Total accumulated penalty: -1

"I'm sorry, Kojiro-san," she said, sweating. "You are playing fine - I am simply unaccustomed to dancing to this particular instrument..."  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Psychofish rolled 7 10-sided dice: 8, 1, 2, 8, 7, 1, 2 Total: 29 (7-70)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:46 am
Denbe had to try not to laugh- he did not know the other dragon, but he seemed to share the sentiment. In all the excitement before he'd almost forgotten Wazuka even younger than him, not simply a little eccentric. He supposed there was a time he might have acted much the same in some regards, if some harsh facts and his senior clansman had not kept him under control.

With no comments in way of apology or mockery, the Hare watched the ball go back and forth again, feeling very relaxed despite that this was a competition, until the ball fumbled and flipped his way.

Catching it against his chest, he bounced the ball on the inside of his foot, but couldn't seem to get a good angle to kick it anywhere! Giving the Dragon on his side a warning glance, he'd send it his way before he lost his balance with the repeated dribbling on the side of his foot.

[7k4 Agility/Athletics: 25 vs TN 23]  
Plainsfox rolled 8 10-sided dice: 7, 10, 3, 1, 7, 10, 8, 4 Total: 50 (8-80)
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:47 am
@Scorpion Training Montage

"Yeah. Taisen-sama said that shakuhachi were fit for basket cases. Relax and it will come to you. Just think of how Shosuro snuck up on Bayushi that first night, totally surprising him."

Kojiro waited until Maru was suitably rested and then drew from deep inside of himself instead of focusing on the swirling Maru.

Practice Attempt #3
Burning Void Point
Awareness/Perform:Music+Void (5k4+3 dice to handle explosions)|
Best Results: 18
Results: 39  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:52 am
@ Crab Constructing Montage:

Soon, Kakuei would return with a large satchel filled with most of the supplies Kagae asked for. Kagae would get 1 koku and 8 zeni in change. "Here is the things you requested, noble samurai. I beg your pardon on my tardiness, but I was asked by another samurai to deliver a couple letters" he would respond, bowing his head. He would then leave the tent to go retrieve the table.  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games