Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 142 143 144 145 146 147 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:18 am
@ Kemari Competition:

Current TN: 5

Shosuro Naizen would bounce the ball lightly, kicking it gently in the air from himself to the young Kitsuki girl. {9 vs TN 5, TN+1}

Current TN: 6

"HA!" she yelled as she belted the ball with her foot directly at Makoto. {21 vs TN 6, TN+4}

Current TN: 10

Makoto nearly fumbles the ball, managing to send it flying straight up in a last ditch effort! {6 vs TN 10, last void spent to keep it alive!} When it came back down, he would send it at Wazuka once more! {16 vs TN 10, TN+8}

Current TN: 18

"Waitno!" she called out, spending a void point to keep from accidentally washing out like earlier in the game! {17 vs TN 18, void point spent to keep it alive!} She would then kick it again when it came down at her, aimed right at the monk! {28 vs TN 18, TN+9}

Current TN: 27

Kan would make an attempt to get the ball, putting in a lot of effort and physical prowess into his last-ditch effort. However, he kicked the ball and sent it careening out of bounds. {Void point spent for +1k1, 24 vs TN 27}

TEAM 1 LOSES A POINT!

"Ah... sorry about that, everyone. I thought I had it." the monk apologized, bowing once before hurrying to go retrieve the ball.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:29 am
@ Crab Construction Montage:

Maemi would trying to get a pole in place, kicking against the ground as she attempted to get it upright. But even as it did seem to get lined up, it would begin to slant back towards her.

"I feel that - mmmph! - that I am inadequate to - mmmph! - complete this task by myself, noble samurai..." she would confess aloud. She seemed less afraid of being cut down on the spot, but if she was, then the pole would probably fall and Kagae would have to start over.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:32 am

"That is why I asked." Replied Kagae as he moved forward to help the girl place the poles by reaching above her to get a better leverage point.

"Kauei! You should be ashamed! Watching a lady struggle like this and doing nothing!"  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:37 am
@ Scorpion Training Montage:

Maru would nod and rest one last time, trying to empty her mind of all unnecessary thoughts. {14 vs TN 20, Failure}

Though it apparently didn't work, as a sly smile kept appearing on her lips.

THERE IS NO MORE TIME FOR MEDITATION. Are you indeed done practicing?  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:43 am

Kakuei nervously bowed, before stammering out, "I-I apologize. B-but you h-had not d-directed me to h-help! I-I did n-not want to presume t-to know h-how to best use m-my own talents."

Kakuei would stand there, head bowed deeply, not moving as Kagae helped Maemi with the pole.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:45 am
@ Kemari Competition:

Current TN: 5

Kan would bounce the ball a few times, getting the feel for it. When the game was ready to start, he would very gently kick it upwards, towards Ujina Denbe. {6 vs TN 5, TN+1}

Current TN: 6

Ujina Denbe, go!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:48 am

"Stop bowing and help Maemi put these poles up then. So when Kinuyo is finished sewing we can construct this tent as soon as possible."

After helping put the pole up Kagae would immediately work on putting another up without any help.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:10 pm
Rain Yupa
@ Scorpion Training Montage:

Maru would nod and rest one last time, trying to empty her mind of all unnecessary thoughts. {14 vs TN 20, Failure}

Though it apparently didn't work, as a sly smile kept appearing on her lips.

THERE IS NO MORE TIME FOR MEDITATION. Are you indeed done practicing?

"Let's show Kita-sama what we can do."

OOC:
Yup. Done practicing.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Raganui Minamoto rolled 5 10-sided dice: 9, 5, 10, 4, 8 Total: 36 (5-50)

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:08 pm
@Crane/Lion Training Montage (w/ Eye of the Tiger playing in the background)

Finding a nice, quiet place after getting the bokken, Zanzen would walk forward a bit and turn, tossing one of the wooden blades back towards Seichero. "Shall we dance?" Giving him a moment to ready himself, the Kakita would bow before starting in with a deliberately slow pace as he started moving through the forms, as though in challenge to the Lion.

Awareness/Kenjutsu (Katana): 5k2+3

First roll: 12  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:05 pm

Kaiu Kagae, I will need an Intelligence/Engineering [Construction] roll! As per Artisan Competition rules, further rolls can be made to enhance the final product.

If you decide to pursue another object as your item for the Artisan competition, please note that you don't have a lot of time to do both! Pursuing both will combine roll attempts in terms of determining time for meditation!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Psychofish rolled 7 10-sided dice: 4, 4, 9, 3, 6, 9, 5 Total: 40 (7-70)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:16 pm
That last one had gone before he'd even gotten a foot on the ball. Denbe didn't raise any protests however, and just let himself try and keep in good spirits. Maybe the game, or competition at least, was better for him than he realized. Holding his hands out of the way as the ball came to him, Denbe bent back and bounced the ball off his chest, before taking half a step back and leaping into a flying knee against the ball.

Maybe he was incorporating Hare jiujutsu into his kemari too much, but it seemed to be working so far.

Sozen may have been the best on the other team, and capable of handling this, but Denbe found he wanted less to keep it away from the Dragon than to make it a challenge to him- see if he could out do the control and tricks with the ball he'd been displaying so far. He let it go his way.

[Three raises.]
[7k4 Agility/Athletics: 29 vs TN 6+15]

Mongooseh rolled 7 10-sided dice: 10, 1, 10, 4, 5, 2, 8 Total: 40 (7-70)
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:59 am

Now with all the preparations made Kagae begun constructing something which looks like a tent. Draping the tent over the poles and then sewing it on to the main tent. Tying the guidelines to the pegs readily available and then cutting the entry flap into the main tent so people could actually get in. It was rough but constructed so far.
"Well its a start."

(Practice roll: 12)  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
Keith Valken Lionheart rolled 5 10-sided dice: 6, 2, 10, 4, 7 Total: 29 (5-50)

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:55 am
Seichiro shrugged, "I guess." He would try to mimic him, not sure what he was doing here.

[Awareness/Kenjutsu (Katana) 5k2+3= 11]  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:56 pm
@ Lioness Shenanigans

Kyumi would consider the letter for a moment or two, letting its contents sink in.

Perhaps it was a good thing that Jiro had caught her before she'd made it over to the Phoenix tent... For if what the letter said was true (and really... Why would Doji Koan lie to her?), Toyoko must be furious with her. Even if she technically hadn't told Sosuke about their secret tryst, the fact that it still had been HER servant that had tattled was still a rather damning piece of evidence towards the contrary.

Confident that she'd have the time to do so, Kyumi would quickly write out a note stating that she'd gone over to the Crane tent and would be back soon. That would hopefully be enough of a head's up in case Jiro came round while she was gone. With that out of the way, she'd leave for the Crane tent.

Providing that Koan doesn't have anyone outside the tent waiting for her, Kyumi would call out to anyone in the tent. "Hello?"  

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:11 pm
@ Lioness Shenanigans:

There was several Daidoji that seemed to be hovering around the Crane tent, but not so much 'guarding it' as keeping tabs on who goes in and out. There were a few awkward glances to each other as Kyumi moved in to enter, but no one stopped her.

"Kitsu Kyumi-san? If that is you, then please, do come in," a voice she probably recognized as Koan's sounded from within. If she chose to enter, Koan would be there with many pieces of paper, several of which have been folded up, like Origami. Some tea was set to the side, but it was not yet warmed up.

"You're here to discuss what was written in the letter?" the white-haired man would ask almost plainly, though he looked extremely serious.  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 142 143 144 145 146 147 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games