Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Geezerville ~ RP's
Aqua Springs ~ ART GALLERY OPEN! ~ Geezerville Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 143 144 145 146 147 148 ... 470 471 472 473 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should Art Nights be moved to Fridays?
  Yes
  No
  Doesn't matter
  I just want gold
View Results

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:49 pm
"It wouldn't be that hard, but it'd be time consuming. It'd take a lot of preparation in the kitchen. I can't think of anyone that we could have do that, can you?"  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:51 pm
*shakes her head* Not anybody we have now, but we'll have to hire more people in the spring anyway. Especially new lifeguards. A lot of them left at the end of the summer.  

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:55 pm
Amy sighed. "Good point. We'll just hire basic cooks at the same time we do the other hiring. I think most of the lifeguards left because they wanted more permanent employment. Maybe we should try to hire more high school students as lifeguards this time."

Thistle licked Kits' hand lightly.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:01 pm
We might actually want to hire the cooks a little earlier. As soon as it's too warm for snow, we'll want to open up the picnic area. That way, people can sit outside when all the flowers are blooming. 3nodding

Who we hire really depends on who applies. We do want certified lifeguards. *rubs under Thistle's chin and along her neck*  

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:06 pm
Amy's eyes widened and a hint of a sparkle could almost be seen in them. "Blooming flowers.... oh my gosh Kits, that's absolutely perfect! I can't believe I didn't think of that myself! It will draw crowds in! I can do most of the planting! It will be the biggest garden I've ever managed.... The fairies could help me as long as the promised not not spray their fairy dust around while I'm there. It would be so much fun, all that planting! Oh Kits, it's a wonderful idea!"

Already Amy's eyes were glazing over as she thought of the different exotic fauna she could try to plant on the expansive hill overlooking AS.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:12 pm
Umm, Amy, I hate to say this, but I think it would be better not to plant anything. sweatdrop Last summer, I could see a lot of wildflowers on that hill, and I think it would be best to leave it natural for the most part. We didn't do much to the hill other than put the ski lift in, so the flowers will still be there. We'll have to keep plants relatively short around the picnic area, of course. There's a good spot near the bottom of the hill where you could put a garden, though. Behind the rental shack, where we had the hay maze this fall.  

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:17 pm
Amy snapped back to the present in time to hear Kits. If it was possible, she looked even more excited. "Yes, a garden at the bottom of the hill!! We could make mazes, have benches at different points... A huge garden with a large display of wildflowers at the top of the hill! Wonderful! It will be so beautiful!"  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:20 pm
*smiles happily* I think that sounds like a good idea. People will be able to look down on the garden from the top of the hill too, giving them a different viewpoint. Oh, we could even put a few statues in! I mean real statues, not like little lawn gnomes or something. 3nodding  

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:27 pm
Amy was so excited that she stood up from her chair and walked over to Kits' side. She leaned against the top of the desk.

"That's a brilliant idea! I wonder if Karrie would like to make some sculptures. We could always ask other artists, too. I wish Kai were here. I bet he'd love to do it. Maybe Sakura would enjoy it! Maybe she does more than draw. Perhaps she sculpts, too. Can you think of someone?"  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:31 pm
I think you've pretty much got everyone, *grins at Amy* It would be a good way for the local artists to show off their work. 3nodding We've got some blank walls in the lodge and the entryway where we could hang paintings or something too.  

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

Cuwen

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:40 pm
At that moment, Amy actually clapped her hands a few times in excitement. She couldn't help it!! She was really getting hyped up about this now, and it was so much fun to have Kits getting excited about it, too.

"Oh Kits, this is wonderful! Not only will it be fun for us, but it will help the local talent too, like you said! We should start advertising this as soon as possible! Hey, have you heard from Rod lately? I bet he wouldn't mind putting some of his pictures up. Sakura, too."  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:40 pm
((Oh Razz What...... lol))  

Razzdango

Ruthless Grabber

10,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Clambake 200

MiroIsBored

Adorable Cleric

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:41 pm
:: having spent the last few weeks or so at a hotel sifting through phone books and other various information on Geezerville trying to figure out where she needed to be, in the end, she was no closer to figuring anything out than before sweatdrop The only place she knew the name of in town was Aqua Springs, and that was pretty much only because she was given a business card before leaving. Otherwise, she wouldn't have remembered. ::

:: Hoping she'll maybe by chance come across someone she knows there or someone who knows someone she knows.... or maybe someone who knows someone who knows someone she knows sweatdrop .... she calls a cab and has them take her to Aqua Springs. ::

:: She approaches the front desk when she gets there and just stands there, shifting the weight from one side to the other while she waits for the lady behind the glass to finish what she's doing. ::

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:45 pm
I think Rod would love to hang some of his pictures here. I actually saw him at MW last night. He just got back from a long trip. Which, apparently, is why I haven't heard from him since he took me to the opera. stare

But anyway, I think he'd like the idea. *was considering hanging some of her own pieces, but now isn't sure, since they'd look bad next to some of the other artists sweatdrop *  

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

Jessi_Deramis

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:47 pm
{{Great to see you back, Miro! biggrin }}

Jessi looked up from the paperwork she had been filling out when she finally heard a shuffling sound. She jumped just a little when she saw a girl, an elf, standing in front of her. She had been so quiet! Jessi hadn't even heard the door open or shut.

She smiled at the girl and stood up. "Hello, miss, and welcome to Aqua Springs! Can I help you with anything, answer any questions you might have?"  
Geezerville ~ RP's

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 143 144 145 146 147 148 ... 470 471 472 473 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games