Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Ravenclaw Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 146 147 148 149 150 151 ... 161 162 163 164 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 9:37 pm
Cara MiaKitty

User Image

You said, oh girl, it's a cold world
                                        When you keep it all to yourself
                                        I said, you can't hide on the inside
                                        All the pain you've ever felt
                                        Ransom my heart, but baby don't look back
                                        'Cause we got nobody else

Nico had been hoping for a house like his parents and he got that wish! He got Ravenclaw like Mom! he was way too happy, and his hair more than showed it. By the time he was sitting by Riddles he had near neon green in his hair. His hair wasn't the only thing changing colors, his robes took on the blue of his new house and the patch had a bird! "We got the same house!" Nico happily said to Riddles in a lowered voice. He so would need to write home! But first food sounded good. The train snacks seemed so long ago...

You know that sometimes, it feels like
                                                                            It's all moving way too fast
                                                                            Use every alibi and words you deny
                                                                            That love ain't meant to last
                                                                            You can cry tough baby, it's all right
                                                                            You can let me down easy, but not tonight

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 10:03 pm
User ImageUser Image

═════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                  ι ¢σмє fяσм тнє ωαтєя, ι ¢яαωℓє∂ υρσи тнє ѕнσяє
                                                  ι ℓєfт му вяσтнєяѕ тнєяє, ι gσт ωнαт ι ¢αмє fσя
                                                  ι ѕυ¢кє∂ тнαт нσт αιя ιи αи∂ яσℓℓє∂ υρσи тнє ѕαи∂
                                                  ємєяgє∂ вєиєαтн тнє ѕυи тσ вє α мαи

spaceRiddles cheered when Nico was sorted into Ravenclaw behind her, adding another factor to the 'what are the odds' list she'd compiled. Not that it mattered, she just found it funny. Actually, she might ask her father and aunt to find some way to run the numbers on what, exactly, the odds were. She'd bet they were infinitesimal. When he joined her, she gave him a smile, noting the bright color of his hair and wondering if that meant he was happy. She knew that younger metamorphmagi tended to have trouble controlling their hair, and that it was often linked to moods. "We did," she replied cheerfully. "I was just thinking, it seems like it defies the odds. We have almost the same last name and met earlier without knowing that, and then got sorted into the same house." Riddles wasn't one to believe in fate, really, but she had to wonder sometimes. Maybe she and Nico were destined to be friends. She'd quite like that, she thought. Even if he was a bit much at times. He wasn't any worse than, say, Desi. Actually, he might be better than Desi. At least he seemed to lack her more brattish tendencies.

ι ¢σмє fяσм тнє ωαтєя, тнαт ωєяєи'т иσ єαѕу тнιиg
                                                  ιт'ѕ мσяє тнαи иαтυяє, ιт'ѕ ℓιкє му ∂єѕтιиу
                                                  ι ѕтσσ∂ υρσи тнєѕє ℓєgѕ αи∂ нєℓ∂ му нєα∂ υρ нιgн
                                                  ємєяgє∂ вєиєαтн тнє ѕυи тσ ѕтαят α иєω ℓιfє

wнere - Ravenclaw Table
                                                  wнen - Sorting Feast 2041
                                                  wιтн - Housemates
                                                  - ooc -
                                                  blah blah blah

Kungfudemoness

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 1:44 am
User Image

( MugglebornFirst Year RavenclawOutdoors Enthusiast ) xx

Breαĸ α мιrror, roll тнe dιce
                                                        Rυɴ wιтн ѕcιѕѕorѕ тнroυɢн α cнιp-pαɴ ғιreғιɢнт
                                                        Go ιɴтo вυѕιɴeѕѕ wιтн α ɢrιzzly вeαr
                                                        Bυт jυѕт doɴ'т ѕιт dowɴ 'cαυѕe I've мoved yoυr cнαιr
                                                        Fιɴd α well-ĸɴowɴ нαrd мαɴ αɴd ѕтαrт α ғιɢнт
                                                        Weαr yoυr ѕнell ѕυιт oɴ вoɴғιre ɴιɢнт

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

On one hand, Sam wanted to roll his eyes at the hat's snark. On the other hand, he honestly appreciated the assurance that the hat wasn't as shallow as some people Sam had encountered. He was sure that he might like Ravenclaw, Sam even liked the sound of it. Smart and witty? That was the kind of motto Sam lived for, even if he was more of an image-minded kind of guy. As he approached the table with students wearing blue robes, Sam actually smiled with satisfaction. Especially when he got a high-five from Eddie. The blond quietly took a seat beside him for a moment, until he quiety clapped for two of his boatmates getting Ravenclaw. As Ridley and Nico took their seats, Sam didn't hesitate to stand up and seat near them. "Looks like we're the three amigos now," he said with an amused smirk, "Sucks that Heath won't be with us in Ravenclaw, though. But that's okay, we'll see him in classes anyway." For someone who usually carried a hard-to-read demeanor, Sam was quite optimistic about this school year. "Also the hat snarked at me, the nerve."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Fιll ιɴ α cιrcυlαr нole wιтн α peɢ тнαт'ѕ ѕqυαre
                                                        Bιтe тнe lιɢнтɴιɴɢ αɴd тell мe нow ιт тαѕтeѕ
                                                        Kυɴɢ ғυ ғιɢнтιɴɢ oɴ yoυr roller ѕĸαтeѕ
                                                        Do тнe Mαcαreɴα ιɴ тнe devιl'ѕ lαιr

User Image

xxxoυт oғ cнαrαcтerxxx
                                                        ((ooc))

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                                        wнeɴ - Sorting Ceremony 2041xx
                                                        wнere - Great Hallxxxx
                                                        wιтн - Nico and Ridley
                                                        xxxxxx

Cara Miakitty

kungfudemoness

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 6:04 am

Cara MiaKitty

Julian Galaksylph

User Image

Nico was happy Sam joined them having moved his spot at the table with family. He did find it ironic they had similar last names and the same house. "We can all hang out easier after classes!" He said delighted he seemed to make friends on day one. It was sad Heath was over in Gryffindor but sam was right. They would see him in class and oh well the just went to bed in differant dorms. Nicos mind was also wondering if he could join the quddich team? Would they let him? The older students were likely most of the team anyways. "I wonder if I can do Qudditch? I always enjoined it before school?" Nico added. He was a fan of qudditch as it was what kept him entertained him at the orphanage.

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 5:16 pm
User ImageUser Image

ι ¢σмє fяσм тнє ωαтєя, ι ¢яαωℓє∂ υρσи тнє ѕнσяє
                                                  ι ℓєfт му вяσтнєяѕ тнєяє, ι gσт ωнαт ι ¢αмє fσя
                                                  ι ѕυ¢кє∂ тнαт нσт αιя ιи αи∂ яσℓℓє∂ υρσи тнє ѕαи∂
                                                  ємєяgє∂ вєиєαтн тнє ѕυи тσ вє α мαи

spaceRiddles gave Sam a smile when he moved to join her and Nico, resolving to be more friendly now than she had on the boat ride. She'd had some time to herself, sort of, since then, during the wait for the sorting to start, so she was feeling at least a little refreshed. The promise of dinner starting soon also helped. "I'm sure he'll manage just fine," she said, tone somewhat dry. She hadn't been the least bit surprised that Heath had ended up in Gryffindor, even with what little she'd seen of him. Then again, that tended to be the case with that house, or so she thought.

spaceShe arched a brow at Sam when he mentioned the hat snarking at him, expression faintly amused.
                                                  "The hat's basically an ancient artifact, I think it's more than earned the right to snark," she pointed out. "And from what I've been told about it, I'd say you earned the snark fair and square. It was perfectly pleasant to me and all I could think about was how I didn't want it on my head." She wrinkled her nose slightly. Thankfully, her sorting had been fairly quick, but she still didn't like having things touch her hair. Other than a scarf every now and again, but even that was rare. "What did it say, anyway?"

spaceNico's question about Quidditch didn't surprise her, he certainly seemed the type. She thought about it for a moment. "I think first years are allowed to play now," she said slowly, "but you have to use one of those ruddy awful school brooms. Which doesn't sound too appealing, I don't think." Riddles wasn't really sure if she cared to tryout for Quidditch or not. That said, she was in Ravenclaw, and knew that the house tended to be in need of more players. Maybe she'd tryout just to make sure there were reserves?

ι ¢σмє fяσм тнє ωαтєя, тнαт ωєяєи'т иσ єαѕу тнιиg
                                                  ιт'ѕ мσяє тнαи иαтυяє, ιт'ѕ ℓιкє му ∂єѕтιиу
                                                  ι ѕтσσ∂ υρσи тнєѕє ℓєgѕ αи∂ нєℓ∂ му нєα∂ υρ нιgн
                                                  ємєяgє∂ вєиєαтн тнє ѕυи тσ ѕтαят α иєω ℓιfє

wнere - Ravenclaw Table
                                                  wнen - Sorting Feast 2041
                                                  wιтн - Housemates
                                                  - ooc -
                                                  blah blah blah

Kungfudemoness

Julian Galaksylph

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 6:17 pm
User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Company
Ravenclaw and Charley
Mood
Hopeful

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Next to last stop was Ravenclaw table, he was sure to find students interested in this house. There were dozens upon dozens of bright minded individuals among this table, one of them had to be interested in a Language club. Or at least he hoped, he knew it was stereotypical to think that way about the Ravenclaws, but at the same time it was something that gave him hope.

With a bright smile he passed a flyer to the next student he saw. "My friend Charley and I are going to be starting a Language club this year. So if you know any foreign languages or would like to learn we would appreciate you attending."

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
OOC
Open for interaction

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Cara MiaKitty

Fuzzymelonlord

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 5:10 am
User Image

( MugglebornFirst Year RavenclawOutdoors Enthusiast ) xx

Breαĸ α мιrror, roll тнe dιce
                                                        Rυɴ wιтн ѕcιѕѕorѕ тнroυɢн α cнιp-pαɴ ғιreғιɢнт
                                                        Go ιɴтo вυѕιɴeѕѕ wιтн α ɢrιzzly вeαr
                                                        Fιɴd α well-ĸɴowɴ нαrd мαɴ αɴd ѕтαrт α ғιɢнт
                                                        Weαr yoυr ѕнell ѕυιт oɴ вoɴғιre ɴιɢнт

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Sam coaxed out a grin when Nico expressed happiness about them- including Sam- hanging out together, even if said grin was short-lived as always. But still, it felt refreshing to know that Nico and Ridley won't be stupidly assuming things about Sam- even if he was caught off-guard by Nico's exuberant demeanor. Sam may be an introvert, private, quiet, and well... sometimes fierce, but he always wanted to have friends.

He hummed as he tried to recount what the hat told him, trying to relay it to Riddles, "Well... when I went to the hat, all I can expect is the hat to be... ahem, shallow like the people I met in my school. People think I'm this anti-social brooder when I'm just really not good at socializing. Worst case is that someone called me a 'sociopath', ew." He rolled his eyes, and Sam still didn't regret slapping that bloke Harold in fifth grade for saying that on his face. Seriously, what a jerk. " I thought the hat will put me in some so-call "Bad Egg" house for that. And the hat's like, "Hey kid, let me just say that I read my book very thoroughly, excuse me."" Sam mimicked of how the hat told him, it was a nice impression, "And then he's like, "For all the snark, you've got a mind. So, Ravenclaw". He sounded exasperated but his expression shifted into relief, as Sam relaxed his shoulders and shrugged, "Welp, at least I know it's not a shallow sorting so, I'm happy." He said, with a straight deadpan face.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Fιll ιɴ α cιrcυlαr нole wιтн α peɢ тнαт'ѕ ѕqυαre
                                                        Bιтe тнe lιɢнтɴιɴɢ αɴd тell мe нow ιт тαѕтeѕ
                                                        Kυɴɢ ғυ ғιɢнтιɴɢ oɴ yoυr roller ѕĸαтeѕ
                                                        Do тнe Mαcαreɴα ιɴ тнe devιl'ѕ lαιr

User Image

xxxoυт oғ cнαrαcтerxxx
                                                        ((ooc))

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                                        wнeɴ - Sorting Ceremony 2041xx
                                                        wнere - Great Hallxxxx
                                                        wιтн - Nico and Ridley
                                                        xxxxxx

Cara Miakitty

kungfudemoness

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 5:42 pm

Cara MiaKitty

Julian Galaksylph

User Image

Nico listened to his new friends talk about what the sorting hat said to them. He did wonder how ancient it was. It had to be super magic to last this long. He would have to swing by the library once he located it. There was sure to be a book on the subject."I was worried I was too weird for any of the houses, but the hat said every house was weird but Ravenclaw was the weird for me." Nico added. Was the hat always snarky? Or only when the situation called for it? Ugh so many questions so little food in his belly.

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

Ember Robinwood

Dangerous Lover

9,725 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 8:50 pm
[Picture to Come]

Hayee Ewan Dubhach
Halfblood | First Year | Ravenclaw

Ewan ducked his head as he hurried down to the Ravenclaw table. His cheeks felt hot with embarrassment from the Hat's admonishment for not paying attention to the song. He slipped into an empty seat and stared avidly at the Sorting Hat. He listened intently to his sistering being sorted. When the Hat shouted "Gryffindor!" his stomach plunged.

Ewan hunched his shoulders and traced nonsensical patterns on the table top and dropped his gaze to the floor. He couldn't watch Rhona walk across the room to the Gryffindor Table. They'd never been apart before and suddenly he was surrounded by strangers all chatting with each other like old friends. He tried to ignore how excited everyone else sounded and tried not to fidget unhappily.

OoC: I'll add a picture of Ewan after my internet stops being dumb. It's just showing picture icons rather than pictures themselves.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 1:31 pm
User Image

User Image

Will you 𝓈 𝓉 𝒶 𝓎 by my side
Will you
𝕡𝕣𝕠𝕞𝕚𝕤𝕖 me
If I let go of your hand, you’ll fly away and ʞɐǝɹq
I’m scared
, scared, ѕ¢αяє∂ of that

Varus watched the sorting quietly. So many first years... He made sure to avoid eye contact, but at the corner of his eye he saw another first year that looked just as uncomfortable as he was. Maybe more. He understood that his sister had just been sorted to Gryffindor, and the boy was probably dejected by this. Varus weighed the options. If he talked to him, he'd make a new friend. But that would mean conversations, and he's not exactly fond of that. But if he just stays quiet, he'd be peaceful. Peaceful, yes, but guilty. The stranger probably needed comfort then.

He took deep breaths, still indecisive. The more time passed and the more anxious he got, (and the more anxious the other boy got), he decided it would be the best for both of them if they were to interact. This would help Varus grow out of his reclusive nature and forget what his brother used to drill in his mind. Varus moved over and sat next to the person, trying to rehearse his words. "Y-you okay?" he asked quietly, his heart pounding. This would be his second direct contact with a stranger. "Hayee..? Was it? I-I'm Varus... I figured you'd... uhh, want someone to talk to? B-being unfortunately separated from your... sister, of course." That was a lot of words, and Varus felt his brain was about to go haywire. He felt a bit dizzy, thinking what would happen after what he did.

𝓦𝓲𝓵𝓵 you stop time
                                        if this ᴍᴏᴍᴇɴᴛ passes
                                        ħ †hðµgh it hadn't → ΉΛPPΣПΣD
                                        I’m
                                        scared, scared, ѕ¢αяє∂ I'll lose you

OOC:

Ember Robinwood

Mr Nightmares

Newbie Noob

Ember Robinwood

Dangerous Lover

9,725 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 2:21 pm
User Image
Hayee Ewan Dubhach

Ewan almost jumped when someone talked to him. He glanced at the other boy--Varus, he introduced himself as--when he said his first name, but quickly looked back at the table. "'m okay," Ewan said, his Scottish drawl coming out more clearly as he mumbled. "Didn't think Rhona 'nd me'd be in different houses." He paused. Oddly, something about Varus' stutter made Ewan feel a little more comfortable. He added a little more confidently. "And 't's Ewan, don't like Hayee."

He chewed his lower lip, trying to think of something to say. He was used to talking to Rhona and their parents, not strangers. Finally he asked, "Did you come with anyone? Friends?"

OoC: I'll add a picture of Ewan after my internet stops being dumb. It's just showing picture icons rather than pictures themselves.

Mr Nightmares

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 3:19 pm
User Image

User Image

Will you
𝕡𝕣𝕠𝕞𝕚𝕤𝕖 me
I’m scared
, scared, ѕ¢αяє∂ of that

Brown eyes shifted nervously as he listened Hayee—Ewan talk. He nodded at Ewan's words, having been read that nodding was a sign of being attentive during conversations. It was quite embarrassing to admit, but Varus had read books on how to talk to people. Didn't say he was doing a great job at it, but it was a start. "E-Ewan it is, then. Nice to meet you. I-it might b-be a while f-for you to adjust if t-the possibility of you and your s-sister being in separate houses never occurred to either of you. And, uhh, n-no, actually. I-I'm n-not exactly the- the friendly type. I'm the oldest, too..."

Varus looked at the Gryffindor table wistfully. "It must be nice t-to have a close r-relationship with your sibling," he commented gently before turning bright red. It was an unconscious comment, really. He stiffened and was about to say sorry until he remember that his brother wasn't here for him to apologize to, and that he could as well say whatever in Merlin's beard he wanted to say. He tried to change the topic, "W-what about you? J-just you and y-your sister?"

𝓦𝓲𝓵𝓵 you stop time
                                        if this ᴍᴏᴍᴇɴᴛ passes
                                        I’m

OOC:

Ember Robinwood

Mr Nightmares

Newbie Noob

Ember Robinwood

Dangerous Lover

9,725 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 7:34 pm
User Image
Hayee Ewan Dubhach

Ewan turned back to face staight ahead, kicked his feet under the table, and sat on his hands to keep from fidgeting. "'t's just Rhona and me," He admitted. He frowned slightly in annoyance and muttered bluntly, "I knew we could be in different houses, but didn't wanna be. Rhona's smart and brace, not like me."

He kicked his feet again and glanced at the other boy from the corner of his eye. He chewed on his tongue before chasing the lure Varus had dropped. "You not close to your siblings?"

Mr Nightmares

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 8:12 pm
User Image

User Image

Will you
𝕡𝕣𝕠𝕞𝕚𝕤𝕖 me
I’m scared
, scared, ѕ¢αяє∂ of that

"W-we're all smart a-and brave in our own ways," Varus tried to cheer Ewan up by repeating a phrase he heard his father say many times. "I think it's b-better if you don't c-compare yourself to your sister. Y-you're an entirely different person than her, j-just like how different I am to you and how different we are to everyone else. Don't put yourself down, Ewan. We're all bound for something great." He might have wanted to mentally applaud himself for giving such a supportive speech, despite being a hypocrite for saying it.

The indirect mention of Arc made him stop breathing for a moment. He'd been careless. So careless he had just been compromised—bit by bit. His cautious nature betrayed him just because of the thought of having a friend. A sliver of private information revealed to a stranger he had only met. Varus reorganized his thoughts as the anxiety built up in his stomach. Slowly, very slowly, he replied in the relaxed way he saw actors had done. "It's a complex yet simple bond." A simple statement that held an incomplete truth, but the truth nevertheless. His fingers began to shake; he just hoped he won't reveal anything else tonight.

𝓦𝓲𝓵𝓵 you stop time
                                        if this ᴍᴏᴍᴇɴᴛ passes
                                        I’m

OOC:

Ember Robinwood

Mr Nightmares

Newbie Noob

Ember Robinwood

Dangerous Lover

9,725 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 6:37 pm
User Image
Hayee Ewan Dubhach

Ewan blinked, tilted his head while he studied Varus, and kicked his feet again. He chewed on his lip, thinking. He felt his finger twitch at he sat on him, they practically itched to fidget and tap. "Complex and simple," he rolled the very thought around. While he processed that paradox--which was difficult on an empty stomach (the pumpkin pasties on the train had been a long time ago)--he tackled an easier topic. "Course Rhona and I are different," he snorted. "'t's just a fact that she's braver than me and she pays more attention than me. And we like different things."

His stomach tightened again at the thought of spending the next seven years in a different House than his sister and only seeing her in class--that was almost as long as he'd been alive! He chewed on his tongue again, trying to think about what people talked about. He and Rhona could talk about anything, but what did other people talk about? At least it was a distraction to keep from thinking about being separated. "Do you like book?" He asked slowly and felt vaguely dumb for not knowing to ask Varus.

Mr Nightmares

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 146 147 148 149 150 151 ... 161 162 163 164 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games