You...
  love books
  hate books
View Results

possom4444

Pal

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:22 pm
Dumpling-San
I am currently reading Divergent by I forget who. It's a great book, and so far, I'm really enjoying reading it!

It's by Veronica Roth c:

And run. Run away and never return.

While Divergent is ah-mazing, the next book, Insurgent is actually pretty boring.
Or so I found, and my friend even more so.
I actually can't remember what happened....

Hopefully, if you continue reading the series, you'll find it consistently better than I did.

The last book in that trilogy, Allegiant, was just recently released.
I haven't been able to bring myself to read it yet, but apparently it's got some big plot twists, although not completely unexpected ones.

Have fun finishing Divergent~

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:59 pm
Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare.  

drama llama shimm3r

Beloved Raider

Sweater Panda

High-functioning Phantom

14,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:58 am
possom4444
It's by Veronica Roth c:

And run. Run away and never return.

While Divergent is ah-mazing, the next book, Insurgent is actually pretty boring.
Or so I found, and my friend even more so.
I actually can't remember what happened....

Hopefully, if you continue reading the series, you'll find it consistently better than I did.

The last book in that trilogy, Allegiant, was just recently released.
I haven't been able to bring myself to read it yet, but apparently it's got some big plot twists, although not completely unexpected ones.

Have fun finishing Divergent~

I've just finished the entire trilogy. I found the first book to be the best out of all of them. Insurgent was not as good as the first book, but it was better than the third book. Allegiant was a terrible book to me at first, but then I sat down and started thinking that Veronica wanted the book to end the way she wanted it to. I can't stay mad at her for the way she ended the book. Thus, I have now come to conclude that it's not amazing, but it's not terrible.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:57 pm
Black Dagger Brotherhood series. It's a goddawful bad, poorly written mess but boy is it entertaining. c:  

flauterfli

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100

Mother Molly

Destitute Faun

34,240 Points
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Budding Witch 250
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:57 pm
I'm in a bit of a reading rut because everything I've started recently I can't get into. Right now I'm struggling through Mein Kampf (for historical interest) but without knowledge of past Germany it's not making a lot of sense to me.
I'm going to try finishing Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult. It's very good but I got to a point where it was getting in depth about a character I didn't really care for. Unfortunately it doesn't take much for me to put down a book these days sweatdrop

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:23 pm
I just recently started reading again. I had forgotten how much I love books. I am currently reading a book called Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly,  

Xshy_but evilx

Shy Gaian

possom4444

Pal

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:11 am
Dumpling-San

I've just finished the entire trilogy. I found the first book to be the best out of all of them. Insurgent was not as good as the first book, but it was better than the third book. Allegiant was a terrible book to me at first, but then I sat down and started thinking that Veronica wanted the book to end the way she wanted it to. I can't stay mad at her for the way she ended the book. Thus, I have now come to conclude that it's not amazing, but it's not terrible.

ooh, quick reading c:
Nice

Should I bother to re-read Divergent and Insurgent, and then read Allegiant?
Is the series, in your own opinion, worth it?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:10 am
Just reread recently Anton Chekhov's "Great Short Stories" collection.

Will be reading John Green's "Looking for Alaska" and "The Fault in our Stars"  

Scarleey

14,500 Points
  • Hero 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
  • Hotblooded Hero 50

Sweater Panda

High-functioning Phantom

14,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:48 pm
possom4444

ooh, quick reading c:
Nice

Thanks!

I wouldn't re-read them. In fact, I would only re-read the last few pages of Insurgent and then read Allegiant. I have to say, the third book had a lot of stuff about genetics and genes, but the epilogue was really sweet. I think it would be worth it to read the book even though a lot of sad things take place. Good things do come about.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:19 pm
                    currently, i'm reading man in the empty suit, by sean ferrell. i've just started it, but i like it so far.
                    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

loonaboots

Shady Zapper

possom4444

Pal

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:47 pm
Dumpling-San
possom4444

ooh, quick reading c:
Nice

Thanks!

I wouldn't re-read them. In fact, I would only re-read the last few pages of Insurgent and then read Allegiant. I have to say, the third book had a lot of stuff about genetics and genes, but the epilogue was really sweet. I think it would be worth it to read the book even though a lot of sad things take place. Good things do come about.

Thanks, good idea, I think I'll do just that~ !

I have heard that, as well as some other things about it that sound interesting.
and some things that don't

And I've heard a few spoilers from my friend
emotion_donotwant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:53 am
Currently reading Dan Brown's Inferno. Well, I find it to be better than his previous Robert Langdon book though this new one reads more like a tourist guide book of Florence as well a little advertisement for Plume Paris eyewear that he keeps mentioning.  

xkamiko07x

Hygienic Cutie-Pie

22,950 Points
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500

xoAniLuv

Dangerous Lunatic

9,350 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:18 pm
mSlMD
I'm in a bit of a reading rut because everything I've started recently I can't get into. Right now I'm struggling through Mein Kampf (for historical interest) but without knowledge of past Germany it's not making a lot of sense to me.
I'm going to try finishing Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult. It's very good but I got to a point where it was getting in depth about a character I didn't really care for. Unfortunately it doesn't take much for me to put down a book these days sweatdrop

I want to sit down and read Mein Kampf sometime, too. But I already have 9 other books I want to read before that, so it might be a little while. ^^;  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:22 pm
I'm currently reading The Fallen by Thomas E Sniegoski.  

xoAniLuv

Dangerous Lunatic

9,350 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
18. ✿ - - - Books

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers