Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Convention Attention: HOW ANNOYING! D:< Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Stop Touching My Fetus

Quotable Sex Symbol

9,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 10:31 pm
Maruul
Stop Touching My Fetus
She does!

Last year she was a Moogle.
This year, she's gonna be a Pikachu.
cool

Also, epic picture was epic. She took a pic with a Lulu Cosplayer.

It was made of win.
That... is awesome... heart
My boyfriend and I wanna do Espeon and Umbreon and I asked him "Can we steal a baby and dress it up like an Eevee? :3 " He said no...
OH MY GOD.

I laughed. So hard.
rofl rofl  
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 10:02 am
I know it's off topic, but I just looove seeing little kids participating in conventions. heart One year there were people cosplaying Naruto, and they either had a son or a little brother (I suck with ages) dressed up like Konohamaru. "o.o ... I wanna hug it..." "Well then go hug him." "I don't want to frighten it..."
Then there were people cosplaying Resident Evil and had their toddler dressed up like some creature, and the first thing she did when they got on the stage was run toward the edge. Everyone jumped forward to catch her, but they had her on one of those little leashes, so she didn't fall.
And my favorite, a little girl whose parents ran a shop there. She spent most of the con watching Blood+ (NOT a kid show o.o) on their laptop, then at Karaoke she sang a song from it. Well! It was amazing.

Hm, yeah, on-topic... uh... Well, there are people who get mad at you for being in character. I understand if someone's character is a complete a** they should tone it down or something, but like, my friend cosplayed Haruka from Tactics, and he isn't big on touching. So when people touched her for whatever reason (random hugs, mistaken identity, etc) she'd say in a deep, obviously in-character voice "Don't touch me..." and people got upset. rolleyes "OMG you don't have to be so mean! *whine* *complain*"  

Maruul

ll dell Orso ll

Tipsy Gawker

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 3:16 pm
Maruul
I know it's off topic, but I just looove seeing little kids participating in conventions. heart One year there were people cosplaying Naruto, and they either had a son or a little brother (I suck with ages) dressed up like Konohamaru. "o.o ... I wanna hug it..." "Well then go hug him." "I don't want to frighten it..."
Then there were people cosplaying Resident Evil and had their toddler dressed up like some creature, and the first thing she did when they got on the stage was run toward the edge. Everyone jumped forward to catch her, but they had her on one of those little leashes, so she didn't fall.
And my favorite, a little girl whose parents ran a shop there. She spent most of the con watching Blood+ (NOT a kid show o.o) on their laptop, then at Karaoke she sang a song from it. Well! It was amazing.

Hm, yeah, on-topic... uh... Well, there are people who get mad at you for being in character. I understand if someone's character is a complete a** they should tone it down or something, but like, my friend cosplayed Haruka from Tactics, and he isn't big on touching. So when people touched her for whatever reason (random hugs, mistaken identity, etc) she'd say in a deep, obviously in-character voice "Don't touch me..." and people got upset. rolleyes "OMG you don't have to be so mean! *whine* *complain*"

About the kids... I went to a con once, back when it was still going on, and there was a massive Naruto group, since Naruto had just been released in SJ. It was rather cute because they had lots of children cosplaying the "chibi" counterparts. The mother of like five kids had even started up the Naurto group on the forums to see what characters other cosplayers were doing. I think there were nine kids total in that group.

But also considered children... the parents that think a con is a daycare. You have to be fourteen or older to enter without an accompanying parent/adult. Some panels and events are not suitable for underage attendees. You also have to be a certain age to buy from the weapons merchants and other aged specified items. Parents know they have to buy tickets to enter the convention floors... it just makes me anger when I see a parent harassing con staff because their child isn't allowed in certain areas without them. When the convention sites and the itineraries specifically have them conditions clarified.
Also... crying kids. Don't let your kid be remembered as the brat that ruined people's time at a panel or event. If your child starts crying, take it away from important areas. It is after all common sense. Or at least it is to me... Gawd I hate my sister-in-law.  
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 6:18 pm
Family cosplays are really fun. xD

I want to dress up as Ash Ketchum this year, but since I have big boobs and stuff, I'm considering dressing up as Ashley Ketchum.

Did you guys catch dat?
cool  

Stop Touching My Fetus

Quotable Sex Symbol

9,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200

anjelier

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 3:36 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●

gσσ :: my fandom’s color coded

Con funk. I've had it myself and the second I noticed it, horrified, I ran off to the bathroom to reapply deodorant and freshen up. My best friend, however, didn't really notice hers and my grandma talked about her after we dropped her off, which pissed me off like I don't know what.

And then those people who decide things at the last second! I know, I'm one of them, but fasheesh, don't say you're going up until THE MORNING OF THE CON and THEN say "lol I nots morning persons" man tell that bull TO SOMEONE WHO CARES. Gets on my nerve. At least I have cut off dates where if I really can't decide, I decide not to do anything of the sort a month before. psh.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:18 pm
It was my first con this year and i was with my boyfriend and a few of my friends. we heard about a LARP that was going on and I had never done that either and I was kind of excited. We were all sitting in this room waiting for more people to arrive when this younger kid comes in and starts being really annoying to everyone; asking stupid questions that didn't make sense, poking people with the "weapons"... So finally there's about 20 of us in the room, I pick a seat and guess who sits beside me? you guessed it, the annoying pencil d**k. We're listening to the rules and whatnot, my boyfriend has his arm around me and this little punk decides he wants to put his arm around me too. he does this about several times before both me and my bf freak out. Finally I just walked out and waited for them to be done with their stats and gear. I sat on a bench outside watching. My last day of the con was ruined.

I hate immature duchebags.  

michziggy

TigerLilyChick

Devoted Lovergirl

20,475 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:16 pm
anjelier

And then those people who decide things at the last second!

Oh my gosh, something like that happened to my friend and I for Otakon 2008. My friend sakuragirl9393 and I planned to cosplay as well as her dad and her 2 cousins. Her dad was supposed to be Demyx, one cousin was supposed to be Sasuke, and her other cousin was supposed to be Zabuza. Her dad changed his mind about cosplaying (not at the last minute) and the cousin who wanted to be Sasuke switched to being Itachi (not at the last minute). When the whole gang arrives at my house, it turned out that sakuragirl9393 (cosplaying as Sakura Haruno) and I (cosplaying as Midori Kasugano) were the only cosplayers. My friend made Zabuza's sword 2 days before we went to the con... and her cousin would not carry the sword so sakuragirl9393 had to carry the sword!  
Convention Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff