Welcome to Gaia! ::

TinierMe

Back to Guilds

A place to meet Gaians who share a love and interest in the web-community, TinierMe ! 

Tags: TinierMe, Selfy, GCrest, Kokoro, Gacha 

Reply TinierMe
Welcome ! - Introductions Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pxlated
Captain

Aged Fairy

12,950 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Battle: Level Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:49 am
Gunouflage
Veiss Wynd

Thank you so much!
Haha, I don't really remember why I kept switching,
but all I know is there were instances that I didn't have
10k or 20k to change my name so I had to make a
new account every time I get tired of my name, hehe.

I have actually done that for the same reason! I remember some years ago, 20k was a lot of gold!! (At first I didn't even know I could change my name though).
Before, when Gaia used to look pink and bubbly, and the marketplace looked cheesy poor, I really wanted this one item that was in the gold shop. I think it was a white baggy but classy looking shirt. Like the type a fencer would use. Maybe the White Musketeer shirt. And it was 8k! That was sooo much money. I was sad I was never really able to afford it. I wasn't active enough on the forums, and I didn't want to be. I never had much to say.
The first time I wanted to change my name, I just ended up making a second account.
How did you make gold when you started on Gaia?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:02 am
Veiss Wynd

Oh god. Yeah. I think when I joined Gaia before it was a BIG DEAL to own the kimono (I had a female avatar then for the lulz). The most expensive kimono I think was the blue one? It was my dream item and this guy gifted it to me and I went nuts. People in the forums were like, "wow you actually have the kimono!" "You're so lucky!" And those yellow cat ears were one of the most expensive ones too, along with the fairy wings. The tuxedos were very expensive too and seeing an avatar wear that is something.

I remembered buying one of my wishlist items, the angelic staff / staff of the angels, for 12k. It was a lot back then! (I just checked the price, it's a million gold now, wow!)

I got all serious in Gaia and earned gold by selling art. It was not too long ago, maybe 2 or 3 years back? It was my first time being a millionaire. Then when I got 1m I was like, wow! I can buy many things! Looks at the market place.. oh. Still poor....

Now I sold those old items to get myself newer ones, although they're more expensive, but at least I got a change in wardrobe and I'm happy hehe. Never actually bought Gaia credits or something.. I don't know, do credits also give Gaia gold equivalent? Not that I intend on buying but...

How about you? How did you earn?

Piers GNFL

Steadfast Defender

7,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Pxlated
Captain

Aged Fairy

12,950 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:35 am
Gunouflage

Oh god. Yeah. I think when I joined Gaia before it was a BIG DEAL to own the kimono (I had a female avatar then for the lulz). The most expensive kimono I think was the blue one? It was my dream item and this guy gifted it to me and I went nuts. People in the forums were like, "wow you actually have the kimono!" "You're so lucky!" And those yellow cat ears were one of the most expensive ones too, along with the fairy wings. The tuxedos were very expensive too and seeing an avatar wear that is something.

I remembered buying one of my wishlist items, the angelic staff / staff of the angels, for 12k. It was a lot back then! (I just checked the price, it's a million gold now, wow!)

I got all serious in Gaia and earned gold by selling art. It was not too long ago, maybe 2 or 3 years back? It was my first time being a millionaire. Then when I got 1m I was like, wow! I can buy many things! Looks at the market place.. oh. Still poor....

Now I sold those old items to get myself newer ones, although they're more expensive, but at least I got a change in wardrobe and I'm happy hehe. Never actually bought Gaia credits or something.. I don't know, do credits also give Gaia gold equivalent? Not that I intend on buying but...

How about you? How did you earn?

:0 Oh wow!! Yea the gold value has changed so much now! 1 mil 2-3 years ago was no longer as much as it used to be. I remember too when I first earned my first mil. It was quite a feat!
At first, I did the same thing, and I took on commissions for gold. I still have my old thread saved in my thread subscriptions too ='D. Sentimental value. This was 5 years ago, so I used to charge 20k-30k or 1 current Monthly Collectible envelope, which whether it was sealed or not, it would go for about 20-30k. Now days the style I used to make would go for about 100-200k nowdays, which is about what MC's are going for now while in the envelope.
That was when I made my first mil. I gave my savings to my fiance so he could invest it into items (which he did, and darn, that's multiplied!...but he never goes on and doesn't want to give me the investment, which has worked out, cause the value went up even more)!
I stopped working on commissions, and then I started investing myself. I held one art auction, and that was the last I ever did on this website. Investing in the marketplace really paid off. I stopped doing that when I came back here full time after TM died. I slowly invested while I used to play on TM.
Now I just keep buying pretty things that I really like with my savings. I'll make a dream avy, then buy all the items I need.
This is a problem. =D

I only ever bought Gaia Cash a small handful of times. You can't convert it straight into gold. You can buy gold shop items with GC though, but you really don't get a lot out of it at all. The conversion there is about as good as if the gold value were the same from back in 2003-2006.
The best thing you could do is use it to buy whatever you think will sell for the highest in the marketplace. Or buy whatever you think will go up in price over time after it leaves the cash shop.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:37 pm
Gunouflage
Thank you!
What do I like to do, hmmm.
Well it's not that I like doing it, but I find myself usually
lurking around the Art Shops forums. That, and I like selling
my old stuff so I can get newer stuff (marketplace).
I admit I was attached to some items because I had them for a
long time, but now I don't regret selling them because at least I
managed to get newer and better things!

How about you?
Ooh, did you have an art shop?? emotion_kirakira

I never use the marketplace. sweatdrop I usually just buy REIs and other cash shop items I like with the GC I earn from offers and sometimes buy. I finally reached 1 mil gold last year, but now I have 5.7 mil thanks to HoC and Flynn's Booty. sweatdrop

These days I lurk in forums and play HoC while it's still here, but I used to like playing zOMG and drawing avis, too!  

badtzmaru
Crew

Adorable Waffles

21,700 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

Piers GNFL

Steadfast Defender

7,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:17 am
WOW I FEEL SO TALKATIVE, I HOPE YOU TWO DON'T MIND HAVING A CONVO WITH ME LIKE THIS !
(I appreciate it though and I'm enjoying the chat!)

Veiss Wynd

...at least you saved your thread. Mine got.. buried somewhere... gonk
Oh yes, 20k-30k. I remember... yes right, I *did* do some art commissions here on gaia before on one of my very old accounts! The most expensive arts usually reach only until 100~200k or not even! My prices were 5k cheapest and most expensive was around 25k I think, When I came back to Gaia after X years I did a price check to see how much my art would cost and I was surprised people suggested millions. I thought they were exaggerating, but when I saw the art shops, wow, art goes for millions now! Good ones almost reaching 50M plus ! I'm happy art is appreciated here though as compared to TinierMe... Since Gacha is so expensive and people get all clingy to their items. And people price rare items like, 1. I spent so much cash on this one, therefore it should be this expensive! or 2. I got it on the first try and it's also rare, lucky shot! so it should be expensive too! ...either way the item gets too costly and sometimes artists do so much wonderful art for one measly item.... See what virtual items do! (then again who am I to talk, I went crazy over some items and I slaved away in drawing so I can get those nice pixels hurp durp.)

Oh I see... Maybe one day I will try buying GC. /rubs chin/
Investing is almost like a gamble imo... because I recall some items I had in the past, I typed them in the marketplace, their prices are so bad. Like the Angelic and Nightmare headbands, they used to be quite costly before as I recall? I'm surprised they're barely worth anything. Same goes for the angelic corset or something. I wonder how much the angelic boots cost now. I remember people used to show off the angelic and demonic set and they're labeled as the rich people, haha!

Some items meanwhile shoot up! The angelic staff, goodness, I remembered I bought mine for 12k, now it's 1m ! (wait did I say this earlier... /checks thread/ oh yeah i did. Oops haha!) I should try typing other stuff I recall were popular and 'of status' way back. Just so I can compare. Sometimes it's nice to think about stuff from the past, haha.

badtzmaru

I -had- one. I want to open up maybe an auction soon but I'm too busy at the moment to do it. D': Would you like to see some of my art though?

(Sorry what's REI --) I never actually played zOMG. What do you do there?

Drawing avis is fun too! Except when they're all cluttered and all. Kind of hard to figure out some stuff too since pixels... But hey, Gaia is improving a lot on graphics, don't you think so? I am mostly attracted to how they color their hair items.

Speaking of items, I like how Gaia finds ways to customize avatars (like the feet and hands change and such)... I'm very much attracted to leg items.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:26 pm
Gunouflage
WOW I FEEL SO TALKATIVE, I HOPE YOU TWO DON'T MIND HAVING A CONVO WITH ME LIKE THIS !
(I appreciate it though and I'm enjoying the chat!)

badtzmaru
I -had- one. I want to open up maybe an auction soon but I'm too busy at the moment to do it. D': Would you like to see some of my art though?

(Sorry what's REI --) I never actually played zOMG. What do you do there?

Drawing avis is fun too! Except when they're all cluttered and all. Kind of hard to figure out some stuff too since pixels... But hey, Gaia is improving a lot on graphics, don't you think so? I am mostly attracted to how they color their hair items.

Speaking of items, I like how Gaia finds ways to customize avatars (like the feet and hands change and such)... I'm very much attracted to leg items.
It's nice to see someone stay and chat!! emotion_hug Yess, I'd love to see your art!! emotion_kirakira

A REI is a Rapid Evolving Item, an evolving item that evolves every week for about a month. They're cheaper than EIs which take longer to evolve and for longer periods of time therefore having more poses.

And zOMG is a MMORPG with our avis! It's really fun once you get into it and find some good crews, but unfortunately they stopped working on it. sweatdrop But if you ever wanna try it out and need a partner, call me! 4laugh

Yeah, their items have definitely improved and I like the leg mods, too. whee I'm sad though because Gaia fired one of my favorite artists, PR|SM. emo Her items were soooo beautiful. crying  

badtzmaru
Crew

Adorable Waffles

21,700 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Noble Shade 100

Pxlated
Captain

Aged Fairy

12,950 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:43 am
Gunouflage

I ran the art shop on this account, so it's pretty easy to find. If you remember your old names, you could probably do a search on posts/threads you made with that name :0!!!
You are most right about selling art here versus on TM. Because of the gacha's random system, people valued each individual item how they felt it should be valued based on how much they put in to get it. And it makes sense to do that, but it sucks if you wanna trade or sell/buy art. There is no actual system to go by to obtain items without playing gachas.
Gaia played it smart with the marketplace system. Much more affordable, and it's not impossible to earn high amounts of gold. Especially through selling art. I think you can get your time's value selling art on this site.

As for the gamble with investing. Yes, it is a gamble! You are basically betting that an item will rise in value when you invest in it. You can buy several of the same type, or play it a bit safer, and just buy a few of many different items. Think of the Stock Market. Same principal. Items = Companies. Buying 1 of an items = buying a share.

I can explain what happened with the demonic/angelic hairbands. It was logical that it went down in price. The demonic and angelic sets came from the Pink Magic Box item. That item is limitless. You can still get it. Anyone still can, just like many years ago. One can still randomly pop up on any of your Gaia pages as you browse. This means there is an unlimited supply of the items you could potentially get from opening up one. While it is still rare to spawn any of the angelic or demonic items from that box when you open it, imagine thousands of accounts having pink boxes, and all the people who've successfully gotten a hairband. Multiply that over the years, and then take into account all the new people that join over the years as well.
Now, also take into account all the new items that have been made, which are similar too and maybe nicer than the angelic/demonic hairbands. All of these factors bring down the demand, and therefore the price of those items.

That's why items that go up in value are items that will never show up officially again. The first items I used to do this with were Monthly Collectibles, which is why I used to sell my chibies for 1 monthly collectible. Prices did go up, but not as high over time as I wish they'd be, so I stopped doing that. They weren't popular enough.
Then I started investing in the Chance Items. That is what probably gave me the most profit (on my account). I would buy a pack of 9 for whatever the current CI was for about 600-700k, then sell it a few months later for around 800-900k, sometimes a bit over 1m. I would buy lets say 7-10 of them. Sometimes, up to 20 of them at a time. So multiply that 20 by lets say 900k, and minus that by 700,000x20. That was my profit. Save some money so you could buy a few from the next month's CI, so it keeps cycling, and you're not sitting there, waiting a few months for the last month's to rise in value.
Sometimes it's better to sell sooner or later too. Nothing is definite. Just gambling, but after research, so it's an educated guess.
You can start by just buying a few singles of a CI item (not a pack of 9, but individual ones) to start off. Then have enough money to buy 2-3 packs of 9. Move up to maybe 5, then at last, invest on multiple CI's.

Evolving items are another potential item, but it's a lot more of a gamble. You tend to always make a profit from CIs, but EI's can be tricky. While on TM, I just kept away from those and played it safely and slowly. I was up to 25-30mil when I came back.

I have no problem having conversations like this!! =D
But maybe it's best if we move it somewhere else? Since this is the introductions thread. Feel free to start a thread and quote me surprised

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:34 am
HelloXD
On TM i was SweetBaloon (friends told to me "Sweety" heart )
I loved (and love) events, trading, random trading, play in seven and talking.
I like dress up and change avi (on Gaia and on TM)
I changing my avi a lot i like it XD
I like have fun heart
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-In JP TM (if somebody is playing my name is ShyButterfly)
-If sb want free tektek send me PM  

PrincessAnnaM

Magical Kitten

19,025 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Cat Fancier 100

badtzmaru
Crew

Adorable Waffles

21,700 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:21 am
PrincessAnnaM
HelloXD
On TM i was SweetBaloon (friends told to me "Sweety" heart )
I loved (and love) events, trading, random trading, play in seven and talking.
I like dress up and change avi (on Gaia and on TM)
I changing my avi a lot i like it XD
I like have fun heart
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-In JP TM (if somebody is playing my name is ShyButterfly)
-If sb want free tektek send me PM
Hey, Anna, and welcome to the guild! It's a bit quiet around here, but hope you'll stay around. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:04 am
Hey there! The name's Pinacolouda but you can call me Lou.

My name on Tinierme happens to be Yuri_110 heart

I've been here on Gaia for like ... 3 days already ( haha lame, I know).
But while on Tinierme, I was around for like 3 years (I believe?)

Ah, lets see, what else ... Hmm ... Oh yeah, I used to be in this group
on Tinierme called "Action Role Play" or was that "Role Play Action"?
not quite sure but I do believe that the group picture was a cute
dude with a bandanna and he had a stick on his mouth (lol ok).
If you happened to be in that group, *gasp" omg. hi. hahaha.

I miss my TM friends hahahaa. Heck, i'm not even quite sure what there
names were crying

So like, yeah! Let's be buddies haha.

Pinacolouda

TinierMe

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items