Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
L5R - Jade Legacy OOC thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 134 135 136 137 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:01 am
Plainsfox
Yeah. Kojiro kinda wrote himself to a point. >< It was kind of like "OK. He has this disadvantage. Why does he have it? What else goes along with this disadvantage?" etc and so on.
Yeah, some of these disadvantages are fun. So are advantages. I now have 55 points to spend.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:00 pm
... wait, really? Then change that 6 to a 5.

my height that is.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:00 pm
Raganui Minamoto
Okay... physical description time.

Stands 6'4", his daisho is worn on his left side, with his nodachi sticking out over his right shoulder.

His hair is pale blonde, shoulder length. His right eye is blue, but his left is brown. He walks with a purposeful stride.

Actually, could you tone down your height a bit? That's unusually tall for someone who doesn't have the Large advantage (which covers 6'0" to 6'3"). 5'4" would be a more reasonable height.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:01 pm
Rain Yupa
Raganui Minamoto
Okay... physical description time.

Stands 6'4", his daisho is worn on his left side, with his nodachi sticking out over his right shoulder.

His hair is pale blonde, shoulder length. His right eye is blue, but his left is brown. He walks with a purposeful stride.

Actually, could you tone down your height a bit? That's unusually tall for someone who doesn't have the Large advantage (which covers 6'0" to 6'3"). 5'4" would be a more reasonable height.

Nice timing on that Rain XD  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:01 pm
Keith Valken Lionheart
I may have to respectfully bow down from being in this game, mostly because the more I read about L5R, the more KAWAII DESU NE WEEABOO it looks

... what?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:08 pm
Agent Sinistra
Here's what's been changed and so on with Kyumi's char sheet-

• Completely got rid of games as a skill, which should take care of the 2 points that I went over.

• Marked the innate skills; I somehow managed to overlook that. sweatdrop Outside of those, since I was already cutting it pretty close with points, none of the others are innate.

• I corrected the spelling, and will admit to not originally being aware of being able to take Mastery 2 water spells, but... None of the ones that are offered are ones that I'd want to have rather than the 3 I already picked.

• As far as money goes, I wasn't sure whether the items in the traveling pack had to be bought or if you automatically got to choose whatever went in there for free; so I went ahead and treated it as though I'd bought everything. I also assumed that the kimono and sandals that are included with the starting equip would be what you wore rather than spare. But if that's not the case, then Kyumi now has... even more clothing. XD At least she'll still have back up clothing if she ends up getting wet.

I'm sure Kyumi will be pleased to have the extra money, though. Then she'll be able to afford more jewelry for herself souvenirs for her family!

Edit: I only have rank 2 in etiquette. First rank was free, then bought another rank...

By getting rid of Games, that frees up 3 points, and you only needed 2. You can still have Games: Go at Rank 1 and call it even? And yes, if you look at my breakdown, I took Etiquette and Medicine as free Class Skills into consideration.

The traveling pack is covered in page 154 (or 148 of the older version). You get 10 items in that list for free.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:10 pm
Keith Valken Lionheart
Plainsfox
I know exactly what you said wink good thing you didn't let the weevils get you down. They can be present in many game systems.
I dunno mang, I mean, L5R is cool, just very strange when it comes to social stuff. I find it stifling. A word you say is misunderstood, and you're forced to commit seppuku. I have a funky concept for my WEEABOO WARRIOR though.

That's what the Etiquette skill is for. If you're about to make a seppuku- or dishonor-based blunder, I'll have you roll Etiquette to save face. ^-^  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:14 pm
Raganui Minamoto
Nice timing on that Rain XD

I do what I must because I can. 3nodding  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:35 pm
Keith Valken Lionheart
Player: Keith Valken Lionheart
Name: Matsu Seichiro
Clan: Lion clan, Matsu family
School: Akodo
Insight: 111
Experience: 1
Glory: 1
Honor: 3.5
Taint: ?
Heritage: Debt

EARTH:2
  • Stamina:2
  • Willpower:3

WATER:2
  • Strength:3
  • Perception:2

FIRE:3
  • Agility:3
  • Intelligence:3

AIR:2
  • Reflexes:3
  • Awareness:2

VOID:2
  • Void:2
  • Current Void Points:2

SKILLS
Meditation (Void) - [Zanji] - 1 Rank
Tea Ceremony (Void) - 1 Ranks
Battle (Perception) - [Mass Combat] - 1 Rank
Defense (Agility) - 3 Ranks
Kenjutsu (Agility) - [Katana] - 5 Ranks
Kyujutsu (Reflexes) - [{Emphases}] - 1 Rank
Lore (History) - 1 Rank
Storytelling (Awareness) - [{Emphases}] - 1 Rank
Iaijutsu (Reflexes) - 3 Ranks

MASTERY ABILITIES
-

ADVANTAGES
Quick (3 pts)
Bishamon's Blessing (2 pts)
Death Trance (2 pts)
Heartless (2 pts)
Large (3 pts)

DISADVANTAGES
Missing eye (3 pts)
Idealistic (2 pts)
Can't Lie (3 pts)
Soft-hearted (2 pts)

TECHNIQUES, SPELLS, KATA, KIHO, SHADOWLANDS POWERS
Striking as Fire

EQUIPMENT/CURRENCY
Katana
Wakizachi
Bow & 20 arrows
Light Armor
Command Tessen
Kimono & Sandals
3 koku

COMBAT
Weapons
Katana - {Roll to Attack} - 3k2 - Average - {Special Abilities}
Wakizachi - {Roll to Attack} - 2k2 - Average - negate +5 TN for using Wakizachi in offhand, +5 TN still aplies if no ranks in Ambidextrous

Armor
TN To Be Hit = 20
Other Modifiers = +5 TN to all Athletics and Stealth rolls

Initiative
4k3

Wounds
HEALTHY (+0): 0/4
NICKED (+3): 0/4
GRAZED (+5): 0/4
HURT (+10): 0/4
INJURED (+15): 0/4
CRIPPLED (+20): 0/4
DOWN (+40): 0/4
OUT (+N/A): 0/10

DESCRIPTION
Matsu Seichiro is a very tall man, standing at 6'1", around 179lbs. He has long, waist-length hair, usually tied in a neat ponytail, dyed red. He has brown eyes, and fair skin complexion. He's a tad muscular than most of his family, thanks to his rigid training.

BACKGROUND
Matsu Seichiro was born to the Matsu family, and as such, he inherited all the things that make out the Matsu: Fiece warrior, brash, loyal. As such, it was no wonder he excelled at combat with the blade. But, it was noted by his superiors that he had a grasp at tactical prowess, and as such, he was admitted in the Akodo school, where he spent most of his youth learning the art of war and tactics.

He passed with flying colors, and was praised by both the Akodo and Matsu family for being a living example of both families: he was a warrior with a sharp mind that could make tactical decisions in the heat of battle, and as such, he was given the chance of commanding a small army in a battle that loomed in the horizon.

So, it came to be that the confident Matsu Seichiro, with the Champion's blessing and permission, took his troops to assist in battle, where he performed reliably.

One night, while he slept in his tent, an unknown person entered his tent with an evil intent: to assassinate Seichiro. Seichiro, however, was startled, and was forced to defend himself against the assassin. It was a fierce battle, and Seichiro defeated the assailant, at the cost of his eye, which the assailant cut. Not only that, but the assailant had poisoned his blade, which was slowly killing him.

None of the doctors had a cure, and the fate of Seichiro was sealed, until out of nowhere, an old man heard some soldiers watching a road of a warlord that was poisoned and was slowly dying. The old man, a herbalist of great wisdom, offered to heal Seichiro.

And so it came to be that the old man knew how to cure him, and Seichiro's life was saved by a mere peasant. And that act of random kindness awoke something within him: compassion for all. He knew Samurai had power, and some often abused it, but if this man who he did not know came forward to save him, why would he act so harsh against other people? He saw this as a sign of the Kami, and as such, would change to be a brash, cold Matsu warrior to a humble Samurai. He vowed not to take the life of men or woman, for who was he to judge? He still trained in the art of war, though changed his tactics so that there would be minimum bloodshed. He was conflicted within: on one hand, he was a Matsu, a warrior, hot-blooded and strong; but on the other hand, he was compassionate, respected life, and Bushido.

Then the war was over, which was a relief for many, except maybe the Lion clan. Seichiro himself felt both relieved and a bit dissapointed, for he wanted to prove himself but ended up losing an eye and almost his life, though he did not lose the war. As such, he spent most of his time meditating on the past events.

Some months later, a tournament was announced. This is an opportunity he could not pass up! Mayhaps entering the tournament and testing his skills against other bushi would clear his mind, and as such, departed to sign up for the tournament.

You forgot to include your Obligation disadvantage from your Heritage.

I have you at 23 points over sweatdrop Skills cost a number of points equal to the next level. So getting a skill to rank 1 costs 1 point, to rank 2 costs 2 more points, to rank 3 costs 3 MORE points, etc. In addition, you can only buy skills up to 2 ranks at character creation (or 2 higher if its a class skill; you can get Kenjutsu up to 3, but not iaijutsu if that's not your free class skill). Also, Traits (Reflexes, Willpower, etc) cost 4 times the next level to increase. So getting all those traits to 3 (excluding your free family/school ones) cost 12 points.

I'll finish auditing once you fix up the stats of your character some smile

I enjoyed the background! It was well thought out smile  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:19 pm
Rain Yupa

By getting rid of Games, that frees up 3 points, and you only needed 2. You can still have Games: Go at Rank 1 and call it even? And yes, if you look at my breakdown, I took Etiquette and Medicine as free Class Skills into consideration.

The traveling pack is covered in page 154 (or 148 of the older version). You get 10 items in that list for free.

Now I feel stupid. I just went back and realized I was looking at the wrong number when I was reading your comment. I saw the -3 and for whatever reason thought you were saying that I was at rank 3 in etiquette. sweatdrop

In the end, no big deal, though I will take that rank in games in back.

Is there anything else that's needs fixing for the general character sheet, or am I good for the time being?  

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:43 pm
Doop de doo.
Anyone mind going through my background and provide criticism. I don't want it to be uber long but I'd like to know if i have gone wrong somewhere.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:49 pm
Agent Sinistra
Is there anything else that's needs fixing for the general character sheet, or am I good for the time being?

A-Okay, patnah!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:11 pm
WOO! 8D  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:15 pm
So, who else thinks that this will be funny to watch? A Kakita and a Matsu?  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:23 pm
Don't forget about A Bayushi and an everyone! People tend not to trust Scorpions for some reason. ninja  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 134 135 136 137 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games