Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shinobi Nations ( Naruto Rp Guild )

Back to Guilds

Gaia's most ambitious guild. Now updating! 

Tags: Naruto, Boruto, Villages, Ninja, Shinobi 

Reply 古[} Recycle Bin
[≈] A Place of Growth | Taki Shrine| Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

astrasinthewild

10,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:34 am
User Image
You can't stop me.
You can't hold me.
What will happen, will happen.
You can't protect me.
You can't shelter me.

Silent for a moment, Yokai kept his face emotionless "Yeah...some stuff has caught my interest." he didn't say that he'd loved the feeling when he'd hunted down that woman from Cloud. Or that when he'd fought Syura, he'd had trouble stopping his attacks, changing his blade to the blunt side. He closed his eyes "I know what I like...but I don't know how to do it without....without being weird." he glanced at Setsuna "What do you like to do?" he asked.

{___ | |}
{OoC: }

All you can do is stand and watch.
Watch me prove you wrong.
Watch me prove that I can stand above what you see.
Watch me.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:46 am
User Image
Setsuna Makube ~ Mist Nin Genin ~ Taijutsu ~ Medic Nin ~ Jiongu ~

Chakra Pool: 185 ~ AC: 2100 ~ Ryo: ~ 1200

Well at least that was a start but apparently he was hesitant to say what specifically caught his interest. Still, he'd let the subject chance onto what his interests were since he didn't really have something to say with regards to what Yokai called weird. "More often than not I like to read. I've got an especially interesting book on strange medical circumstances. I'm not sure how much of it is true but it is fascinating think of how many strange things that has happened to a person's body. I used to hang around the hospital a lot before becoming a shinobi. I know a couple of nice nurses there that did not mind me poking around their supplies and such. Aside from medical hobbies, I do enjoy a game of Shoji or Go now and then, something to keep my mind sharp while I have fun." It probably was not much but these were some of the things Setsuna enjoyed doing when he had free time.

Techniques used:

Chakra used:

Haruhi000777

astrasinthewild

10,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:36 pm
User Image
You can't stop me.
You can't hold me.
You can't protect me.
You can't shelter me.

Yokai stared at him, not sure what to say "That's....very different..." he looked back at the sky, trying to think of a hobby that could possibly be similar to what Setsuna had spoken of I don't think hunting and killing rats is quite...the right kind of hobby. he frowned at the sky, as if to blame it for his lack of hobbies. He doubted that he would be hunting and killing rats anytime soon or even had in the last couple of years. His body wasn't what he remembered from his memories, thankfully since that would mean he hadn't aged since he was 12 or so. He tried to think of what to say "I...I like puzzles, I think." he tried, thinking that was probably closest to what he liked to do "Setsuna...do you have a last name?" Yokai asked, moving to sit up and lean forward.

{___ | |}

Watch me.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:53 pm
User Image

It was possibly a bit odd what his hobbies were but it was natural for Setsuna. Besides, he was sure there were other medical shinobi who shared his hobbies as well. If the other had shared his thoughts on hunting then the male could of suggested Yokai become a rat catcher. It would allow him to hunt and he'd make extra money on the side catching the rodents.

When the older male mentioned puzzles Setsuna replied "Well... there's word puzzles, number puzzles... simple things like that you could buy in a store. If you want something more on a grand scale then you could figure out enemy code or research anomalies in life that have puzzled many people." Things like that weren't really interesting to him though. Most of the time it was fairly easy to figure out the human mind.

"I do actually have a last name. It's Makube." Now that he thought about it, did Yokai have a last name? Possibly not considering he'd lost so much of his memories.

Techniques used:

Chakra used:

Haruhi000777

astrasinthewild

10,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:59 pm
User Image
You can't stop me.
You can't hold me.
You can't protect me.
You can't shelter me.

"I like finding things...I suppose there are some puzzles like that as well." Yokai wasn't so sure about the anomalies in life that Setsuna had mentioned but it didn't sound like something he would be interested in "Makube...So your name is Setsuna Makube...is it your birth name?" he asked, his tone just a bit quieter now. He was going to ask Setsuna for some advice on last names but...he wasn't sure. Names had meaning...what meaning did a name have if it wasn't given name from family?

{___ | |}

Watch me.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:10 pm
User Image

"Ah, then you might be more interested in finding things and treasures that were thought lost. I'm sure there's plenty of that left in the world. Or finding people who have gone missing if you want to do something more charitable." Setsuna had to pause and contemplate what to tell Yokai when it came to his last name. He liked to keep his history before Kirigakure a secret. Still, he was sure Yokai would not blab and if he kept it vague there would be no harm. "Well, Setsuna is my birth name. Makube isn't though. My last name is one I chose for myself."

Techniques used:

Chakra used:

Haruhi000777

astrasinthewild

10,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:20 pm
User Image
You can't stop me.
You can't hold me.
You can't protect me.
You can't shelter me.

"So...if you give yourself a name...what does that mean?" Yokai asked, looking at Setsuna curiously. He didn't care about why Setsuna changed his name or even if he did. He only cared about the fact that "If you never had a birth name...does it still mean something? If you give yourself a name...does it have less meaning then if you're given one?" he asked. His eyes were very serious and...and pained as he spoke "Do you care more for the name Setsuna then Makube because it was given to you?"

{___ | |}

Watch me.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:34 pm
User Image

So that was why he was asking about names. At least the other was not prying into his business. "Hmm... well I suppose giving yourself a name can mean different things to different people." Setsuna had to think for a moment or two on how he felt about his name and such. It was not something he usually thought about but it was worth thinking seriously about. "Names are a tricky thing. Birth names are given to you by your parents because they liked the name. A name you give yourself usually means you like it. I think that what it comes down to is sentimental value and the history behind the name. Like say you were close to your parents, you would want to keep your name since it was given to you by them."

Pausing for a moment, Setsuna covered his mouth with his right hand to yawn before continuing. "Or if your last name is shared by a prestigious family then people might expect more from you or believe you're just as great as the rest of your family. Of course that's looking at it from an analytical point of view." Thinking for a moment he finished by saying "Yet if you get down to it, a name is a word. Something that in a way identifies you. It doesn't really matter where it came from, more what you do to give meaning to that name and what people associate with it. Like say with my name, people are going to associate it with medicine and being a doctor. Or if I had chosen another path, they could have associated it with a crazy murderer that roams the countryside of Kirigakure. Do you know what I mean?"

Then a messenger bird came to him with a note, which he promptly read of course. "Time for the chuunin exams to begin I guess. You can come with me and watch or I'll find you later but I gotta' go, right now." Standing up, the medic shinobi rushed off to where the battle would take place.

((Exit))

Techniques used:

Chakra used:

Haruhi000777

astrasinthewild

10,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:21 pm
User Image
You can't stop me.
You can't hold me.
You can't protect me.
You can't shelter me.

"Not at all. And I'll find you later..." Yokai raised a hand as Setsuna left and stood himself, wrapping his hair as he went. He tied it up tight and then slid it under his hat, pulling the brim low I still don't understand...but I need a last name... he thought, wondering where he could get one...or even if he was allowed.

{___ | Exits|}

Watch me.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:56 am
User Image
Vosa l|Breath|l Sihvat
Don't think. Breathe.

Breath's crows spotted Setsuna leaving. When they did, they all flocked around, and quietly moved together near Yokai. Wherever two crows met, a part of Breath's body formed. "Yokai." Spoke the forming Breath. As usual, his speech was unerringly calm. Once completely formed, the clone spoke. "I don't mean to interrupt... but I'm looking for Syura. She'll be needed soon for the exams. Do you know where she is?"

((Whoops! Didn't see the exit))

Breath's clone, frustrated, decided to give up the search. The crows flew over to the exams, to tell Breath.

Leprechaun and the Voices

5,900 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200

chrissy b e a n

Hygienic Gawker

10,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:50 pm
User Image

████████████████████ ███████████████  {} ██████████

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxMI YOUNG ROOxxxxxxxmizukage

She hadn't been here in awhile. Nothing had really changed, which made her a little happy. She had led Yokai out to the small pool that accumulated just beneath the falls. The waters were a lot more calm than the fast flowing waters above. She liked this area and used to train around here a lot. "Who have you trained with so far?" Mi asked, curious to see how far he had gotten with his training or testing.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:00 pm
User Image
You can't stop me.
You can't hold me.
You can't protect me.
You can't shelter me.

Yokai followed along behind her, quietly enjoying the surroundings before Mi asked him a question "Setsuna. And Syura. Neither of them...uhm...well Syura was interesting but not...And Setsuna was good but..." he paused, wondering the polite way of saying what he was thinking and winced. There was no other way to say it "They did nothing to stir me." he managed but it sounded....wrong "I mean they were good but...not at my level?" Now he sounded like a pompous a**. Great "I mean...well..." his shoulder's sagged a little and he pulled his braid around to play with the tip. He didn't mean to put either of the two down but I couldn't go all out...I couldn't fight them...not really. I sparred but...it was more like....like a warm up. he glanced at Mi and decided he was NOT going to say that to her.

Watch me.

astrasinthewild

10,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250

chrissy b e a n

Hygienic Gawker

10,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:28 pm
User Image

Mi listened to him as he tried to explain himself. It seemed as if there was something he couldn't spit out. Walking to the lip of the pool, she squatted down and stuck her hand into the water. It was frigid, her skin burning almost. It felt oddly comforting in a way. She wiggled her fingers to keep her hand from going numb."Nothing to stir you?" She repeated, not sure what he meant by that comment. It could be taken many different ways. In a Biological sense it was something with procreation and in the emotional sense it meant get riled or upset. She figured the latter made more sense. "I'm not sure if I will be able to stir you up either." Mi said, a little disappointed. She was going to have to use Jutsu she hadn't touched in a year while trying to figure out what it was going to take to get him to break out of his comfort zone. She played with the water for a little bit longer while she thought out the best strategy and ultimately decided it would be best to just go with the flow. "Setsuna and Syura." She said aloud as she stood and turned around to face him. Her expression was blank, Mi retreating into her emotionless persona. It was easier to react a lot quicker if she was emotionally void like she was used to."Ready?" She asked him, Mi taking a step back and onto the surface of the water. She automatically distributed the chakra evenly across the surface of the water and her feet.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:04 am
User Image
You can't stop me.
You can't hold me.
You can't protect me.
You can't shelter me.

Chakra Pool: 870-20C Rank=850

Yokai took a deep breath and pulled his jacket off, dropping it to the ground. He rolled up the sleeves of his shirt and began walking around the pool, watching her. Slipping his hands in his pockets he jumped off the ground, coming down on the water several feet into the middle of the pool. He stood on it just as easily as she did and he raised one hand, shaping hand signs Haran Banshou; Stormy Upheaval the water surged around him and a second waterfall rushed to slam into Mi. He used only one technique right now, testing the waters so to say.

Watch me.

astrasinthewild

10,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250

chrissy b e a n

Hygienic Gawker

10,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:46 pm
User Image

It was a going to take swift actions to get out of this one and it was precisely Mi's determined path that she took in order to get out of this sudden pickle she found herself in. As she had almost pointed out earlier. Mi had been so wrapped up in her studies for being a medic shinobi and for learning what she needed to in order to lead a village that she hadn't ranked up in jutsu past a certain level. Accompanied by a simple string of hand signals Mi disappeared in fine spraying of mist. Her form lit the banks of the river, where they had entered the clearing from before. Shunshin no jutsu was a technique that was not used for offense or defense. It was jutsu specifically used in order to get out of scenarios in which she needed to escape before being swamped. Mi knew that Yokai would not waste any time and neither would she. Going through a few flashy hand signals with practiced speed she activated her chakra, the light black aura shimmering around her outline before disappearing as suddenly as it had shown. Suikusari no Jutsu From the waters around where Yokai was situated the water churned. Angry explosions of water pushed back in small circular pockets around him as the water morphed and shot upward, taking the shape of chains, all going for various parts of Yokai's body. Mi wanted to watch and see how he reacted to her advances one step at a time before she made any complicated moves. There was only so much of a threat she could pose and when the time came when she was cornered she wanted to save the best for that moment.

Chakra : 460 - 40 = 420 Jutsu Used : Kirigakure Shunshin no Jutsu [ Rank C ] Suikusari No Jutsu [ Rank C ]

古[} Recycle Bin

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games