Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hallways and the Grand Staircase
Grand Staircase Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 12:11 pm
User Image
Chase Henrick
~ Ravenclaw ::: First Year ~

User Image

Chase followed the prefect to a very complicated set of staircases. Fifth floor? That was too many steps for Chase. He was so out of shape that walking up two flights of stairs will make him wheeze like an old man. Plus, if he continued to act like a klutz, it would be a long way down. He sighed and hoped for the best.

User Image

"The person who tries to live alone will not succeed as a human being.
His heart withers if it does not answer another heart.
His mind shrinks away if he hears only the echoes of his own thoughts and finds no other inspiration."
- Pearl S. Buck

User Image

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 10:20 pm
User Image
яεġrετяσι ғεαяяσι ταkε prιdε ιηяσι
User Image
Kneeling at the bottom of the grand staircase in a crumpled, disoriented mess, was Colton Raines—the real Colton Raines.

After days of wandering through the dead-ended maze inside his own head, hopeless and void of all power, Roi had finally set him free—or as free as a spokesperson could get, anyway. Like a bloody barn owl, he would serve as the demon's "figurehead," as the man had put it, sometimes being granted access to his own body, though never again to be its full-fledged owner. But Roi had promised he wouldn't be a puppet, nor a slave, just as long as he held his tongue—not that he had a choice. Last time he had tried to mention his possession to Phi, he tripped over his own lips and ended up punching himself in the face. Needless to say, he learned his lesson (and gave himself a black eye in the process).

His body still shaking after just having been released from the depths of his possession, Colton slowly pushed himself to his feet, suddenly hyper-aware of all the students pushing past him up the stairs; they repeatedly bumped into his shoulders and made him stagger under his own weight. He wasn't used to controlling his body anymore, even after the mere hours which had felt like several days. Being just a thought in his own head had a more ghost-like feel to it, compared to reality; he could see his body, feel the pain, but it came with an irritating numbing sensation that resembled taking a bath in Novocaine before trying to stumble down innumerable staircases and poorly-lit halls.

With a new set of eyes, now grayer than ever with the overwhelming emotions that now burdened him, he took in the scene around him, and finally put the pieces together. The flood of students that now poured steadily from the Great Hall behind him told him that he had missed the sorting ceremony. Still a bit numb from recent events, the beast of a boy fell into step with the current of children around him, all making their way towards their respective house common rooms.

As he ascended the elaborate staircase, his body rigid as steel and his muscles flexed in a defensive manner, his mind—which he now knew to be infiltrated, he now knew that nothing inside it was safe—swam forcefully past the most recent, never-ending hours of his possession and tried to remember what had happened before Roi had taken a full grip of his body.

Hogsmeade. They had been at Hogsmeade Station, he remembered only faintly. He could see the backs of their heads—Ronyo, Jane, Phinelia... Oh, Phinelia... He whimpered desperately in his head. Was it befitting of anyone else's luck but his own that he would finally take the leap of asking his favorite redhead to be his girlfriend, only to be swallowed up by an ancient Egyptian spirit less than an hour later?

The Gryffindor, still towering effortlessly over his peers, curled into himself as the double-edged blade serrated his insides and mangled his sense of self. Roi was cutting deep—slowly, but surely gutting him like a fish, and all Colton was in power to do was to keep his mouth shut and watch.

User Image
"The fool doth think he is wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."
- William Shakespeare
User Image

Porcelaine Ivory

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 8:48 pm
User Image
♛═━┈☆┈━═♛
Samuel Meridith

First Year Gryffindor
♛═━┈☆┈━═♛

✔Age: Eleven
✔Mood: Excited
✔Status: Single

He turned to look at the brown haired girl walking beside him, still beaming from the class earlier. "Flying class was so awesome!" Sam exclaimed, still unable to control his excitement. "Did you see me? That broom responded perfectly to me. Oh man, it was epic." He smiled as she rolled her eyes. "It was made so much more epic that I could do it and Chase couldn't. He always taunts me cause he's smarter than me."

Out Of Character: ...

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 8:52 pm
User Image
╔══════════════╗
Katrina Varren

First Year Hufflepuff
╚══════════════╝

Where am I? Grand Staircase
What am I doing? Walking with Samuel.
What am I thinking? Boys....

Katrina rolled her eyes as Sam muttered on and on about Flying class earlier. She heaved a breath as he started talking about Chase. "Sam, lay off him. Be the bigger man and forget it. You both butt heads so much, you two could be in a new House whose animal is a ram."

Out of Character ...

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 8:54 pm
User Image
♛═━┈☆┈━═♛
Samuel Meridith

First Year Gryffindor
♛═━┈☆┈━═♛

✔Mood: Defensive

Sam turned to face him. "I don't butt heads with him; he butts heads with me. He's an oversensitive, overconfident little prat. He taunts me when I mess up a spell. Last week in Defense... come on Kat. You were there." He shrugged and dropped his arms in exasperation.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 8:57 pm
User Image
╔══════════════╗
Katrina Varren

First Year Hufflepuff
╚══════════════╝

What am I thinking? He has a point...

She sighed and shrugged as well. "Yeah... well, he... I guess you have a point there. He acted irrationally. But does that mean you should too?" she asked, fixing him with a stern look.

Out of Character ...

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:02 pm
User Image
♛═━┈☆┈━═♛
Samuel Meridith

First Year Gryffindor
♛═━┈☆┈━═♛

✔Mood: Defensive

He took another step and turned again. "If Chase keeps being a little prat, then I'm going to keep doing things to annoy him. He can be a whiny git and go cry somewhere. Cause I'm a good flyer and not good in school doesn't make me any less of a good person."

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:07 pm
User Image
Chase Henrick

User Image

Chase heard them all right, Kat and Sam talking about his flaws. He had just gotten out of the dungeons and planned on going back to the Ravenclaw common room when he spotted the two talking. He wanted to greet, but he overhead them saying his name a couple times. Chase couldn't help but to stay quiet and listen from afar.

As the conversation went on, anger boiled inside Chase. That brat! he thought. He doesn't know anything about me.

User Image

His mind shrinks away if he hears only the echoes of his own thoughts and finds no other inspiration."
- Pearl S. Buck

User Image

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:13 pm
User Image
╔══════════════╗
Katrina Varren

First Year Hufflepuff
╚══════════════╝

What am I thinking? No! No more!

"Samuel! I'm done with this! I don't want to hear you talk about him anymore. Or him you. I'm done. No more. If you two can't put aside your differences, I don't know if I can be your friend. Now, I'm going back to my room. We can go to the library some other time." She turned at walked away.

Out of Character ...

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:18 pm
User Image
♛═━┈☆┈━═♛
Samuel Meridith

First Year Gryffindor
♛═━┈☆┈━═♛

✔Mood: Sad, now.

He watched as she turned and walked away from him. "Kat... Kat... Come on... Don't walk away... Kat..." He sighed as he realized she wasn't coming back.

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:30 pm
User Image
Chase Henrick

User Image

Chase watched as Kat walked away. He knew that if he had intervened sooner, she would've stopped him. Perhaps even punch some sense into the two boys. Kat was angry, which was a rare sight. He almost forgot about what Sam had said and went off to console Kat, but the anger quickly made him focus on Sam instead.

He walked out of his hiding place, arms crossed, and made sure his presence was known. "Look who spoke all high and mighty," Chase remarked. "Brandishing your success into the face of another and going on to look down on others. Very nice."

User Image

- Pearl S. Buck

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:48 pm
User Image
♛═━┈☆┈━═♛
Samuel Meridith

First Year Gryffindor
♛═━┈☆┈━═♛

✔Mood: Annoyed

Samuel jumped when Chase emerged, yelling at him. He was spying on us? Sam was furious. "Oh, so you can brag at me in class but I can't talk to Kat about you? You're the golden child in class but because I'm better than you at Flying I can't be happy about that?!? You always have to be right? Is that it?"

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:03 pm
User Image
Chase Henrick

User Image

Chase did not see Sam's outburst coming. He didn't know whether to be surprised or disgusted at his faulty inferences. He tried to remain calm, his voice stern and unyielding. "I don't brag," he said. "I also never said you couldn't be happy. I simply, your attitude repulsive." He thought for a split second whether he should continue or not. Chase did anyways, "And I'm always right because I never speak a lie."

User Image

- Pearl S. Buck

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:25 pm
User Image
♛═━┈☆┈━═♛
Samuel Meridith

First Year Gryffindor
♛═━┈☆┈━═♛

✔Mood: Furious

"You're lying right now!" He shouted, taking two steps towards the boy. "You enjoy bragging. You purposefully act like a little braggart because you like getting a rise out of me. You're a little prat who thinks that he is infallible. How did that broken nose feel, Chase? Because I think that should have brought you down a peg or two. It proves you aren't always right!"

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:48 pm
User Image
Chase Henrick

User Image

Chase's lips thinned as Sam went on and on about preposterous accusations. He could feel his body tense and his hands clenched into a tight fist. "Oh really now?" he said, voice trembling slightly. "How does being bludgeoned by a textbook mean I'm wrong? How is a slip-up mean I'm wrong? If you haven't noticed, Samual Meridith, that I still performed the spell with accuracy and swiftness."

Chase was on the verge of yelling insults at Sam. He held back, because it would just incriminate him further. But he wanted to give that boy a good punch to the nose. But what Sam spoke make Chase think back: Did he act like a jerk? Did he brag about his intelligence? He wasn't smart at all. He just studied and studied for hours upon hours. Chase started to feel guilty, even though he knew he wasn't wrong. How could he be wrong? He couldn't be.

User Image

- Pearl S. Buck

User Image

Hallways and the Grand Staircase

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games